• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

Can't find MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_PRODUCTS in includes/application_top but I think it is set there(?)

I think i've used the default settings...

Shop (not live) is on a online webserver...

Edited by osCshop

its in your admin configuration, and if this was working before you added in another contribution, you may want to look at that? As the modifications I gave you would not do this, you may want to upload a stock wishlist.php and see if you still get the same error.

Found it in includes/configure.php:

// Wish List 2.3 Start
 define('MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_PRODUCTS', '6'); // How many wishlist items to show per page on the main wishlist.php file
 define('MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_BOX', '4');      // How many wishlist items to display in the infobox before it changes to a counter
 // Wish List 2.3 End

Found something strange: if I go from wishlist to product_info by clicking on a item in wishlist I'm getting this url: http://www (no break but else you cant read the full url) .mydomain.nl/webshop/catalog/product_info.php?file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/me/Mijn%20documenten/folder/oscommerce/Contri/Toegepast/WishList/Wish%20List%20v2.3%20MS2.2/catalog/cPath=21_44&products_id=40

How about that :blink: :wacko:

Its almost like the page is refreshing before it has time to get the item taken out of the table, or something...
If I remove an item (last item) the error shows up but when I go back with the browserbutton the item is removed.

So it's performing the requested action.

Same thing with add to shopping cart. Except the error everything is working...

Hey there,

I just went through the install process, and after completeing everythin smoothly - manual install on heavily mod'd store, i came up with this error when loggin in:

1146 - Table 'oscom.customers_wishlist' doesn't exist

select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id = 2 order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

Also, if i try to add a product, it gives me this error:

1146 - Table 'oscom.customers_wishlist' doesn't exist

delete from customers_wishlist where products_id = '3' and customers_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

I've ran the sql file, as i can see the tables, and all the files have been uploaded/modified per the install instructions.

I'm using version 2.3.1.

Any ideas on how to fix this???

Cheers

Fatmcgav

Dennis,

Still the same problem :'(

For other contributions I made changes in the following files also used by wishlist:

• catalog/includes/database_tables.php
  • catalog/includes/application_top.php
  • catalog/product_info.php

Because I'm a PHP-Newbie I can't find something that could cause the error...

Any ideas?

osCshop, if you dont have a lot of customization done, I would just start over. Take your time, learn things as you go. Then find where you went wrong at. Or just Install a new osc, and install the wishlist on the base, make sure it works. Then add the other contributions you have added, and find out where it goes wrong. Then compare ;)

Well it has to have something to do with something else you have installed? Install a base oscshop in a different folder, different database. Then install the wishlist and make your box change to only display for logged in users with stuff in it. If it works, then its something else you have tinkered with. Then start backtracking.

I have installed and tested this with no probs.

I was wonderings if there is way to get the wishlist infobox to show up even if not logged in. I realize you can't add anything to it until you log in but I still want the box on the right to be there.

I tried changing it to "require" in column_right.php but I get an error so anyone have any ideas of how to do this?

I think you will get an error regardless cuz when it displays the box, it is looking for a customer id. If none is found, you may get an error (not sure about this). But all you would do is, in column_right.php? you should see the require statement for the wishlist.php right? It should be wrapped in some if statement. Just take out the wrapping of the code so its just require(wishlist.php), you get the idea. If you get an error, which you may, there is a way around it but it requires knowledge of php... Basically, if the user id = 0 (i think thats guest id) then display the wishlist box empty, OR display a message saying, please login to view your wishlist... Something along that line. Anyway, good luck!

-Dennis

...display the wishlist box empty, OR display a message saying, please login to view your wishlist...

Thats exactly what I would like to do...if possible I'd like it to say "Login in to view your list"...if not "Your list is empty." is ok...

If someone can please explain how to do this i would really appreciate it alot.

Thanks,

Danny

Also, I allready tried the require thing Dennis and got the error so I guess I need a little help doing the "guest id = display the wishlist box empty" thing. :)