• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

Hello!

Can anyone tell me where in the Wishlist Contribution is the code, which determines what setting the E-Mail HTML mime setting is on (true or false).

I want to be able to have HTML links in the wishlist E-Mail that is sent, but not in other E=Mails sent - so I need to change the code in only the wishlist contribution to do the opposite of what's set in admin E-Mail Options -> "Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails".

Sure wold appreciate any input on this, I have looked and looked and cannot determine where in the wishlist contribution the code is.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I downloaded the contribution and it works well for most of the part :) thanks for the contrib.

I haven't read all 27 pages, but a few. My problem is that if their is no text added to "your message" textbox then I get an email like this

Hi Friend's Name,

Customer's Full Name  has created a Wishlist at store's name and would like to share it with you.

Thank You from,

Store Name

But if something is added to the textbox then I don't get links for the products.

Hi Friend's Name,

Customer's Full Name  has created a Wishlist at store's name and would like to share it with you.

Here's whats on My Wishlist:

Product1 //no link, just the name

Product2 //no link, just the name

Product3 //no link, just the name

Product4 //no link, just the name

Product5 //no link, just the name

Product6 //no link, just the name

_user_entered_mesage_

Thank You from,

Store Name

I did check that

$wishliststring .="<ul><li> "."<a href=\"".HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."product_info.php?products_id=".$resultarray[0] ."\">".$resultarray[1]."</a>"."</li></ul>"."\n";

this line is present in the wishlist_email.php

Even the store name doesn't have a link?

Also

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['yourmessage'])) {
       $email_body .= $wishliststring.$HTTP_POST_VARS['yourmessage'] . "\n\n";
     }

I think the var wishliststring is just added with this loop and not when the email is sent without yourmessage.

I am using OSc 2.2-MS2 and the latest version of the contribution (2.3).

Thanks for any kind of help.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!!!

Well, I've decided to try to permit the wishlist to be shared between customers or visitors logged. I'll need some help with php code as I'm a real real newbie.  :-"

Here's how I think we could proceed :

- create an entry in the customer account : ask customers if they want their wishlist to be shared when they'll create one. Thus, when a customer create an account he is asked for his name, his address etc AND if he accepts to share its wishlist.

- create a new entry in customers table : show_wishlist with binarie value (0 or 1).

0 for he refuses

1 for he accepts

- create a new page wich can only be accessed if the visitor or customer is logged : for instance wishlist_share.php

-> query : $share_query = call for c.customers_id, c.customers_firstname, cw.customers_id etc from c.customers_table & cw.customers_wishlist_table...

sorry I don't know how to build it :blush:

Next : call for all products with the same customers_id in customers_wishlist TABLE

Then in wishlist_share we'll have:

If the entry show_wishlist from CUSTOMERS_TABLE = 1 (ie the customer accept to have its wishlist displayed on the shared page.) DISPLAY :

CUSTOMER1 FIRST NAME == LIST OF PRODUCTS (linked to its product_info.php page)

CUSTOMER2 FIRST NAME == LIST OF PRODUCTS

CUSTOMER3 FIRST NAME == LIST OF PRODUCTS

CUSTOMERXXX FIRST NAME == LIST OF PRODUCTS

CUSTOMERXXX FIRST NAME == LIST OF PRODUCTS

I'll be glad to work on it if some masters of PHP are ready to help. This is a very good contribution it would be great to enhance it! :thumbsup:

Waiting for your replies! :D

mujina

Well I did this and it works great. I would post up my code but I changed the original wishlist.php page dramatcially and it would be hard for people to pick up. So I am not going to post as a contribution. I don't have the time to clean it up and make it newbie proof. If somebody else wants to do that I can tell them what I did and let them see my files. Its' really easy.

Well what I did was copied the existing wishlist.php file and took out all the checks to see if logged in. Then I changed the query to match the url for customer id. So the url would be www.yourdomains.com/wishlist_share.php?cID=2 , I then added another case statement in app_top so I could have an add to cart button on the wishlist page. So now the guest can see the same wishlist of whatever customer and check the items, then press add to cart button and it will add them to there cart. It will not delete the users wishlist or effect it in anyway. I also added in another query to get there firstname. So instead of it saying "My wishlist", it says "Dennis's Wishlist". I can put in more checks for people that don't want there wishlist shared but I see no reasoning behind it. That way when they send there wishlist to a friend, instead of it showing the urls of each product and they have to keep going back and forth from the email, it will link them directly to there wishlist page. From there all consists of, is selecting the box and then pressing add to cart :D

-Dennis

Hi,

I was wondering if there was anyway to customize the wishlist e-mail page and the subsequent e-mails that are produced. I would like to be able to hide the wishlist items on the e-mail page but include a form area for comments and send it all in an e-mail to a specified address. I am trying to set up the wishlist as a quoting system.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

Christian

Hello all:

Well, I am the designated register_globals = off OSC test monkey as it is giving me all sorts of problems. I am cross posting to the Register Globals Contribution Support thread as more often than not the "big guns" aka "real coders" tend to stick to the contribution threads they work on and may miss issues that affect both:

As it stands now, the WISHLIST 2.3 contribution (aka 2.0 aka 2.0 Extended aka who-knows-what-else) does not seem to work well with the Register Globals contribution. It seems none of the form variables are making it through:  I can't add anything to either the wishlist nor the cart. The problem MUST be a register_globals issue because the behavior of the forms is similar to  problems I had with other contributions.

One things I DID fix using a little piece of code from another Register Globals issue in another contribution: The "buy now" button code in the application_top.php; It was ginving me the SQL delete syntax error some of you got. Adding the fix took care of it, WHICH tells me it definetily must be a REGISTER GLOBALS = off problem. (By the way this fix only applies if you are using the REGISTER GLOBALS contribution. If you need this fix, head to the Register Globals topic in the Contribution Support and look it up as it is posted there.

So...Any of you running wishlist with Register Globals Contribution (register_globals=off) and got it running?

If not...any ideas on how to take care of this?

Upon fixing/testing this problem I will upload a TXT file to the contribution so the next person that runs into this can fix it. If you look up the contributions you will see I have been posting teh fixes given (and tested) for the Register Globals = off.

Thanks in advance.

Luis

Hi All

My host has now turned off register globals (good thing) but i am unable to get the wishlist to function correctly anymore.

Has anybody else had this problem before and have a fix for it?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Mike

hi i would like to make to Add to wish list ...text instead of an image (on product info page)..how can i accomplish this?

also would like to know how to send images along with a buynow link in the email...(basically have the send wishlist to friend copy product info page and send as an email)

Edited by theman

forum,

everytime i go to add something to my wishlist via 'ADD TO WISHLIST' button, i'm redirected to the login page. very weird. and this repeats everytime. any advice?

happy new years and best of wishes!

thanks!

I have just installed 2.3 and am having the exact same issue. Additionally, *after* logging in, the Wish List is empty. While logged in, if I try to add an item to the Wish List, I, like the prior poster, a directed to the Log In page again.

- Rob

I have just installed 2.3 and am having the exact same issue. Additionally, *after* logging in, the Wish List is empty. While logged in, if I try to add an item to the Wish List, I, like the prior poster, a directed to the Log In page again.

- Rob

I tripled checked to make sure I did everything documented for us to do in the install file, but same problem. Great contribution, I just can't seem to figure it out. :(

I tripled checked to make sure I did everything documented for us to do in the install file, but same problem. Great contribution, I just can't seem to figure it out.  :(

And I have been scouring through the past 26 pages of Q & A, with some people expressing similar problems to ours. There have been suggestions, and in some cases the issue was solved! I have tried all of the suggestions posted, to no avail.

For the sake of redendancy, I am using Firefox 1.0 (and IE 6.01) on WinxXP sp2. My hosting provider (doteasy.com) seems to be running Apache 2.0 and versions of PHP and MySQL that I cannot for the life of me find.

I will continue to mess with this through the night, and will post here and PM you if I find anything...

- Rob

And I have been scouring through the past 26 pages of Q & A, with some people expressing similar problems to ours. There have been suggestions, and in some cases the issue was solved! I have tried all of the suggestions posted, to no avail.

For the sake of redendancy, I am using Firefox 1.0 (and IE 6.01) on WinxXP sp2. My hosting provider (doteasy.com) seems to be running Apache 2.0 and versions of PHP and MySQL that I cannot for the life of me find.

I will continue to mess with this through the night, and will post here and PM you if I find anything...

- Rob

I will do the same! What suggestions did you come across??

I will do the same! What suggestions did you come across??

On page 24 - 26 there is mention a few times about this. Given that nothing worked for me, I cannot recall offhand the exact nature of the suggestions. I can tell you, though, that a few of them (specific code modifications, I mean) are reflected verbatim in the most recent (2.3) version of this contribution, rendering the suggestions themselves redendant.

I also noticed that someone posted a handy little MySQL query that added a couple of configuration options to your Admin panel.

David, I hope that wherever you are it isn't 2:20am as it is here!

- Rob

On page 24 - 26 there is mention a few times about this. Given that nothing worked for me, I cannot recall offhand the exact nature of the suggestions. I can tell you, though, that a few of them (specific code modifications, I mean) are reflected verbatim in the most recent (2.3) version of this contribution, rendering the suggestions themselves redendant.

I also noticed that someone posted a handy little MySQL query that added a couple of configuration options to your Admin panel.

David, I hope that wherever you are it isn't 2:20am as it is here!

- Rob

Yeah, its only 11:30pm..but I won't be getting to bed for another 3-4 hours...., have some coding to do.

I'm going to try to incorporate some other mods (recommendations, censorship, view products)...

Yeah, its only 11:30pm..but I won't be getting to bed for another 3-4 hours...., have some coding to do.

I'm going to try to incorporate some other mods (recommendations, censorship, view products)...

Hi I have the same problems with this contribution - once the product details are submitted through the "hidden form" link in Product_info.php a new session is created (check the osCid=*********** in the URL) which is why users are forwarded to the log-in page - beacause of this code in Catalog/Wishlist.php

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

I installed the Mywishlist v1.01 contribution (which uses the older tep_href function in the Product_info.php file to submit product details) and this works fine except that that contribution doesn't handle Product Attributes, and my store has 60% of all products with attributes.

I think it is probably the way in which the sessions are being handled.

Specifically: - when using the following code in Mywishlist V1.01 the sessions are handled fine

<?php //if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST) . '</a>'; ?>

but when the following code is used to submit (through the form and tep_image_submit function) the session is broken and a new session is started:

<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('wishlist_action', 'add_wishlist') . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST, 'onClick="document.cart_quantity.action=\''. FILENAME_WISHLIST . '\';document.cart_quantity.submit();"'. ' action=add_wishlist'); ?>

This is the new submission form for the Product Attributes in WIshlist contribution.

When I replace the new Submission form code with the old tep_href Code the session remains the same and customer is still logged on - but the details are not Posted or passed through to the Wishlist database tables.

I'm unsure whether its easier to work on this contrib or the Mywishlist (as Mywishlist V1.01 allows non-logged users to use, and email, the Wishlist to others without the need to create an account, and then merges the wishlist when an account is created - which is a fantastic feature).

Anyway - I hope this helps someone with a bit more talent than me to sort this out for all of us not using "cookies enabled"

Regards

JB

Hmm when I first read this post I was having a hard time understanding what you guys were referring too. It sounds sorta like what I did and fixed. Basically I display the add to wishlist button whether your logged in or not on the product info.php page. I do not know if this came standard as I modified the code tremendously. Anyway, if a user is not logged in when they click on add to wishlist, they are directed towards the login page. Then they are redirected to the wishlist page saying that there is nothing in your wishlist. But if I was to go back to the product_info.php page and push add to wishlist, it adds just fine. Is this the problem you guys are facing?

Anyway, I traced the problem to application_top.php. Basically, upon "add to wishlist" a script is run from app_top that checks to see if the user is logged in and if so adds the product to there wishlist. If not it does nothing, therefore you have to be logged in. What I did to fix this was take the code from app_top which is:

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) {
 if ($customer_id > 0) {
 // Queries below replace old product instead of adding to quantity.
 tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " (customers_id, products_id, products_model, products_name, products_price) values ('" . $customer_id . "', '" . $products_id . "', '" . $products_model . "', '" . $products_name . "', '" . $products_price . "' )");
 tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
 // Read array of options and values for attributes in id[]
	 if (isset ($id)) {
	 foreach($id as $att_option=>$att_value) {
	 // Add to customers_wishlist_attributes table
	 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " (customers_id, products_id, products_options_id , products_options_value_id) values ('" . $customer_id . "', '" . $products_id . "', '" . $att_option . "', '" . $att_value . "' )");
	 }
	 }
 }
}

And placed it directly below this on wishlist.php

}

Only problem with this is this code is ran twice for a user that is logged in. It's not that big of deal as it always deletes the product and re-adds it in. Hope this helps you guys.

-Dennis

Edited by dblake

<snip>

Anyway, if a user is not logged in when they click on add to wishlist, they are directed towards the login page.  Then they are redirected to the wishlist page saying that there is nothing in your wishlist.  But if I was to go back to the product_info.php page and push add to wishlist, it adds just fine.  Is this the problem you guys are facing?

Dennis -

The problem we are facing is that the user is forced to the LOGIN page perpetually - each and every time the "Add To Wishlist" button is pressed; regardless of whether or not the user has already logged in, he/ she is routed right back to the LOGIN, where they end up back at a "There are no items in your Wish List" page.

I will take a crack at putting into place your suggestion and report back right smartly.

I'm unsure whether its easier to work on this contrib or the Mywishlist (as Mywishlist V1.01 allows non-logged users to use, and email, the Wishlist to others without the need to create an account, and then merges the wishlist when an account is created - which is a fantastic feature).

Jeremy -

It seems as though version 1.01 is saddled only with the drawback of its' inability to pass along and "Attributes" information. Although the store in question I am wrastlin' with at present features no attributes, I think I will try Dennis' suggestion before resorting to Plan B - version 1.01.

Thank you very much for your help!

- Rob

Hope this helps you guys.

REPORT: 1721 hours B)

Dennis -

I just tried copying/ pasting the code into wishlist.php and thre was no change with the problem.

- Rob

Hi, Just to let others know - I also have the perpetual login issue with my installation.

I only add this to say - I guess there would be many who would be grateful for the fix. Alas it is out of my realm of competence ? but I am learning.

used with Snapshot osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 (12th July 2003)

Thanks for your contribution

Okay Guys and Gals -

Here's the code fix for the problems with new sessions being created whenever "Add To Wishlist" is clicked in Version 2.3 (and coincidentally the Attributes Handler Add-on).

Original Wishlist V2.3 Contribution Code in Products_info.php is this:

<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('wishlist_action', 'add_wishlist') . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST, 'onClick="document.cart_quantity.action=\''. FILENAME_WISHLIST . '\';document.cart_quantity.submit();"'. ' action=add_wishlist'); ?>

You need to change to this:

<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('wishlist_action', 'add_wishlist') . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST, 'onClick="document.cart_quantity.action=\''. tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST) . '\';document.cart_quantity.submit();"'. ' action=add_wishlist'); ?>

The solution is wrapping the FILENAME_WISHLIST in the tep_href_link() function - the default hyperlink function for passing all filenames in OSCommerce - please note for future when inserting any hyperlinks in your OSC stores they need this function to work properly.

I hope this fixes everybody elses prob's with sessions being lost from the Hidden form submission.

Just to note - this contribution defaults to log_in.php as default and you need to deprecate all instances of If Session is registered - not a small task for newbies like me.

Regards,

JB

Okay Guys and Gals -

Here's the code fix for the problems with new sessions being created whenever "Add To Wishlist" is clicked in Version 2.3 (and coincidentally the Attributes Handler Add-on).

You did it! You did it! :lol:

Excellent work, JB! Many, many thanks.

Just to note - this contribution defaults to log_in.php as default and you need to deprecate all instances of If Session is registered - not a small task for newbies like me.

Can you elaborate on this a bit, JB? I am afraid I am not following along.

- Rob

Excellent work, JB! Many, many thanks.

Can you elaborate on this a bit, JB? I am afraid I am not following along.

- Rob

Hey - its great when a plan comes together - dahn dan dahn, dan dan dahn (The A Team anyone ?)

Okay the default referal to the catalog\login.php page for all customers that are not already logged on, who try to "add to Wishlist" is like this - the Wishlist 2.3 contributions has two instances of the following code :

}

one in catalog\wishlist.php and the other in catalog\wishlist_email.php

This simply diverts all non-logged users to the login.php prompting them to set up an account.

I have reviewed the code in Mywishlist v1.01 and Wishlist 2.3 and they are quite different.

Mywishlist V1.01 uses a replicated Shoppingcart Class and functions to allow non registered users to compile a wishlist and email to friends/family then merge when registered.

But Wishlist V2.3 handles the wishlist quite differently and requires users to be registered before it will process the wishlist code.

Both have their benefits - my preference is for non-logged users to be able to create wishlists and email to friends, but the code for Mywishlist V1.01 will not work in my site so I have concentrated on fixing this version (2.3) of the Wishlist.

I guess that if they have to register then you at least manage to obtain another customer for promotional emails / specials etc (the best way to stimulate sales by the way!).

The downside is you might lose potential referred sales and future customers - either the wishlist(er) or the recipient of the wishlist.

Ahhh well - at least we're cooking with this contrib now eh !

Regards

JB

Just a thought regarding the confusion when customers are referred to the Login.php page (like, oh - whats happened here ?)

I would suggest amending the text in the login.php file (under languages\english or spanish or Germ etc) to read at the top of the page :-

"Welcome to www.blahdeeblah.com - Please login to use The Wishlist and Send Wishlist to a Friend feature" or something similar.

I personally have changed the referral references mentioned in the above two files (wishlist.php and wishlist_email.php) where previously it read FILENAME_LOGIN it now reads read FILENAME_LOGIN_WISHLIST

I then copied the login.php and renamed it login_wishlist.php

Then added define('FILENAME_LOGIN_WISHLIST', 'login_wishlist.php'); in the catalog\includes\filenames file -

Then Amended the login_wishlist.php file for all ref's like HEADING_NEW_CUSTOMER to HEADING_NEW_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST_LOGIN

Then added additional text in the languages files under the references HEADING_NEW_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST_LOGIN and TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST_LOGIN and HEADING_RETURNING_CUSTOMERWISHLIST_LOGIN and so on -

But this might be a bit of a headache for newbies so it'd be better if there were some smart code that recognised the referral from product_info.php which required or includes another define WISHLIST_LOGIN_REQUEST code etc - just a thought - any ideas anyone ?

As always - backup your files first before playing, and preferably do it on a test server first !

Bahh no need to copy the login page, just put in a message at the top or your original. If user comes from wishlist.php or wishlist_email.php show the message. If not be regular :P. I am still wondering why my wishlist works perfectly when others are having problems.

Sorry - I was a numpty just before and only just realised my gaff !

For the alternative login you do not need to change every reference in the newly copied / created login_wishlist.php file - just amend the the following in the header of that file:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_LOGIN);

to

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_LOGIN_WISHLIST);

And copy the file in includes\languages\english\login.php and save it as login_wishlist.php in that same directory - ditto the other languages.

Then add whatever text you need to that file in the languages folder - thats probably much easier !!

Bahh no need to copy the login page, just put in a message at the top or your original.  If user comes from wishlist.php or wishlist_email.php show the message.  If not be regular :P.  I am still wondering why my wishlist works perfectly when others are having problems.

Yes - strange that - the penny only dropped for me when my server was upgraded and all my old style poorly coded "Relative Pathway" links (ie a <href"\login.php">) started breaking sessions - very stressful as my modified quick search box (in a form) automatically logged the user out - not very cool for customer appreciation !

It just seemed to change overnight coz my server provider neglected to tell me about the upgrade !!

Anyway using the tep_href_link() function is good programming so better to be a good coder than wing it !

The learning curve sometimes seems vertical, eh !

Regards

JB

Ok I am just throwing this together so if it doesn't work let me know and I will fix it.

On the top of your wishlist page you have some code that sets a snapshot. The Using that code where going to add code into login.php.

Add this code just below

if ($error == true) {
   $messageStack->add('login', TEXT_LOGIN_ERROR);
 }

// Added for wishlist.php
if ($navigation->snapshot['page'] == FILENAME_WISHLIST) {
    $messageStack->add('login', TEXT_WISHLIST_ERROR);
}
//End add for wishlist.php

Obviously the "TEXT_WISHLIST_ERROR" you will have to set to whatever you want in your language file.

-Dennis