• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

Ok very strange now,

I just noticed that on the web store, the option is not going over to the wishlist.  I see the product picture, and price (not adjusted with option).

any ideas?

Try the following:

On includes/application.top, add immediately after the first line so that it looks like code below:

<?php
// Used to look for form or url variable information
echo '<pre>
HTTP_POST_VARS';
print_r ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
echo '</pre><pre>
HTTP_GET_VARS';
print_r ($HTTP_GET_VARS);
echo '</pre>';
// Delete after testing

And then try to press the "Add to wishlist" button in any product_info.php page. If everything went well, you should see something like this on the top of the page (you might get warnings or errors after this, but you should still be able to see it):

HTTP_POST_VARSArray
(
   [id] => Array
       (
           [3] => 6
           [5] => 13
       )

[wishlist_action] => add_wishlist
   [x] => 47
   [y] => 3
   [products_id] => 31
)

HTTP_GET_VARSArray
(
)

Notice that 'id' is an array with the following attribute option values. I use these as an example:

[Option 3: Model] => [Value 6: Premium]

[Option 5: Version] => [Value 13: Box: Windows - English]

To recognize what the numbers mean to your product, go to the Admin panel>Catalog>Product Attributes. They are listed there next to the number.

The 'wishlist_action' variable is the one that gets passed with the form after clicking on the button and should be add_wishlist if the button in product_info was hit.

Products_id is pretty obvious.

If you don't get these, your button is not submitting the form. The button is either:

1- Not a submit button (noticed that I changed it from a link into a submit button in the product_info.php pages) You probably get 'action' => add_wishlist in the HTTP_GET_VARS Array if this is the case

2- Not inside the form, (and hence the values for $id[] are not passed). Note: for products without attributes, there shouldn't be an [id] variable

Let me know how this goes and I'll try to answer. Don't forget to erase those lines after you're done.

Just in case:

This is how the relevant part of my application_top looks like for the corrections on the

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/audiocav/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 550

issue:

case 'add_wishlist' :  if (ereg('^[0-9]+$', $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                               if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) {
                                 if ($customer_id > 0) {
                                   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                   tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " (customers_id, products_id, products_model, products_name, products_price) values ('" . $customer_id . "', '" . $products_id . "', '" . $products_model . "', '" . $products_name . "', '" . $products_price . "' )");
                                   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                   // Now we have an array of options and values for attributes in id[]
                                   if (isset ($id)) {
                                     foreach($id as $att_option=>$att_value) {
                                       // Add to customers_wishlist_attributes table
                                       tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " (customers_id, products_id, products_options_id , products_options_value_id) values ('" . $customer_id . "', '" . $products_id . "', '" . $att_option . "', '" . $att_value . "' )");
                                     }
                                   }
                                 }
                               }
                             }
                             break;

You can turn off the box corners by going to:

catalog/includes/modules/wishlist/wishlist.php

Find the following code:

and change the true's to false.

Cheers

Rob

This must be an old version or something. On my version, in catalog/includes/boxes/wishlist.php it is

<?php
   $info_box_contents = array();
   $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',
                                'text'  => BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST
                               );
   new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, '','NONSSL'));

As you can see, it's "false, false" already. And the little arrow in the corner is still there. How do I get rid of it?

Drive it like you stole it.

Try the following:

On includes/application.top, add immediately after the first line so that it looks like code below:

<?php
// Used to look for form or url variable information
echo '<pre>
HTTP_POST_VARS';
print_r ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
echo '</pre><pre>
HTTP_GET_VARS';
print_r ($HTTP_GET_VARS);
echo '</pre>';
// Delete after testing

And then try to press the "Add to wishlist" button in any product_info.php page. If everything went well, you should see something like this on the top of the page (you might get warnings or errors after this, but you should still be able to see it):

HTTP_POST_VARSArray
(
? ?[id] => Array
? ? ? ?(
? ? ? ? ? ?[3] => 6
? ? ? ? ? ?[5] => 13
? ? ? ?)

? ?[wishlist_action] => add_wishlist
? ?[x] => 47
? ?[y] => 3
? ?[products_id] => 31
)

HTTP_GET_VARSArray
(
)

Notice that 'id' is an array with the following attribute option values. I use these as an example:

[Option 3: Model]  => [Value 6: Premium]

[Option 5: Version] => [Value 13: Box: Windows - English]

To recognize what the numbers mean to your product, go to the Admin panel>Catalog>Product Attributes. They are listed there next to the number.

The 'wishlist_action' variable is the one that gets passed with the form after clicking on the button and should be add_wishlist if the button in product_info was hit.

Products_id is pretty obvious.

If you don't get these, your button is not submitting the form. The button is either:

1- Not a submit button (noticed that I changed it from a link into a submit button in the product_info.php pages) You probably get 'action' => add_wishlist in the HTTP_GET_VARS Array if this is the case

2- Not inside the form, (and hence the values for $id[] are not passed). Note: for products without attributes, there shouldn't be an [id] variable

Let me know how this goes and I'll try to answer.  Don't forget to erase  those lines after you're done.

Howdy,

I did like you said to do the test (I did it on both the local machine, and the website)

Localmachine (just a blank white page, nothing showing)

HTTP_POST_VARSArray

(

[id] => Array

(

[1] => 1

)

[wishlist_action] => add_wishlist

[x] => 49

[y] => 10

[products_id] => 1

)

HTTP_GET_VARSArray

(

)

I compaired it to my admin-->catalog-->product attributes, and it all checks out, 1st product, 1st attribut selected.

The only other thing was a couple of warnings about session start, nothing else.

I hope this helps?

Thanks for all your work on this!

Doug

Jorge,

I have a little problem. When I select an item from my wishlist "box" to move to the cart, it always takes the last item on the list. It doesn't move the item i choose to move to the cart.

Wishlist Box

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
 if (tep_db_num_rows($wishlist_query)) {
   $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left','text' => '<br>');
if (tep_db_num_rows($wishlist_query) <= MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_BOX) {
   $product_ids = '';
   while ($wishlist = tep_db_fetch_array($wishlist_query)) {
     $product_ids .= $wishlist['products_id'] . ',';
   }
   $product_ids = substr($product_ids, 0, -1);

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left','text' => tep_draw_separator());
   $customer_wishlist_string .= '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">' . "\n";
   $customer_wishlist_string .= '<tr><td colspan="3" align="center" class="smallText"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, '','NONSSL') . '"><u> ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '</u></a></td></tr>' . "\n";
   $customer_wishlist_string .= '<tr><td colspan="3"> </td></tr>' . "\n";
   $products_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id in (" . $product_ids . ") and language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");
   while ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {

$customer_wishlist_string .= '  <tr>' . "\n" .
                                    '    <td class="infoBoxContents"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . tep_get_product_path($products['products_id']) . '&products_id=' . $products['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $products['products_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n" .
                                    '      </tr>' . "\n" .
                                    '      <tr>' . "\n" .
// BoF Modification by: R. Siebert (VINI & VITA)
                                    '    <td class="infoBoxContents" align="center" valign="bottom"> ' .
                                    // Begin Wish List Code w/Attributes
                                    tep_draw_form('product_' . $products['products_id'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST)) . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $products['products_id']) . tep_draw_hidden_field('wishlist_action', 'wishlist_add_cart');
                                       $wishlist_products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select products_options_id as po, products_options_value_id as pov from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " where customers_id='" . $customer_id . "' and products_id = '" . $products['products_id'] . "'");
                                       while ($wishlist_products_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($wishlist_products_attributes_query)) {
                                           // We now populate $id[] with products
                                           $customer_wishlist_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field('id['.$wishlist_products_attributes['po'].']', $wishlist_products_attributes['pov']);
                                       }
                                    }

$customer_wishlist_string .= tep_image_submit('button_wishlist_buy.gif', BOX_TEXT_MOVE_TO_CART) .
                                                                 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=remove_wishlist&pid=' . $products['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' .
                                                                 tep_image_button ('button_wishlist_remove.gif', BOX_TEXT_DELETE) . "\n";
// EoF Modification by: R. Siebert (VINI & VITA)

application_top.php

case 'wishlist_add_cart' :if (ereg('^[0-9]+$', $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                                 if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) {
                                 if ($customer_id > 0) {
                                   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                   if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                                      $cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);
                                   }
                                   tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
                                   break;
                                 }
                               }
                             }
                             break;

I don't see anything out of the ordinary, but I could have missed something... Any ideas?

Hmmm.... I don't find a way to attach files to a message, or else I would send my current versions of the files I changed for you guys to look at (I can't figure out what went wrong with your installations, I guess something minor.... and really annnoying! :P )

I'd post them on the contribution page, but my files have some extra modifications that I don't have time for removing.

Ravenwulf, BearHappy: If you want a copy, send me a PM through the board with your email addy, and I'll send them to you. Then you can contrast and compare for possible errors.

I added this contribution and this last addon and all went very well, just one error I found in the coding. But this is an excellent feature and an excellent Addon, thanks to all for you inputs, its made it very easy to do.

OK the Error

There was an error that someone else posted about which I also was receiving. Then Jorgeo posted a solution.

The Code involved was

Jorgeo's posted correction was

if (isset ($id)) {
                                        // stuff here
                                   } 
                                 }

However it appears there is an extra } at the end here. Just delete it and all works fine.

If anyone believes this to be wrong please advise, here.

OK now I'm hoping someone can help with another related problem I am currently receiving.

I had the Wishlist working perfectly, then I added some extra contributions and something appears to have mucked up the wishlist contribution. Despite back tracking as much as possible I can not seem to find the problem, I had hoped by adding the extra addon feature it may cure it, but it has not. (maybe wishful thinking).

The error I'm receiving is when I use the Buy Now button on the products list page. Anyone have any ideas where to look. I can not find any files related to the contribution that go anywhere near a line 1064.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

delete from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id=2 AND products_id=

[TEP STOP]

There error is refering to the entry in application_top.php

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$products_id");

HELP? please.

Hmmm.... I don't find a way to attach files to a message, or else I would send my current versions of the files I changed for you guys to look at (I can't figure out what went wrong with your installations, I guess something minor.... and really annnoying!  :P )

I'd post them on the contribution page, but my files have some extra modifications that I don't have time for removing.

Ravenwulf, BearHappy: If you want a copy, send me a PM through the board with your email addy, and I'll send them to you. Then you can contrast and compare for possible errors.

Jorgeo!!!

You Da MAN!

The files you sent over were just the ticket, there were just a couple of very small differences between what I had, and what you had. Once I did the comparisons and changes, and uploaded everything started working!

Now I just need to figure out why it doesn't work on my local system, but does work on the web..interesting hmmmm

About the only thing I can see needing tweaking is being able to handle multiple same products w/ different attributes.

I am no coder (more of a cut n' paster, but learning) and have no idea of the difficulty involved, but if you need help, or a tester please let me know.

Thank you again for ALL your help on this,

Doug

The files you sent over were just the ticket, there were just a couple of very small differences between what I had, and what you had. Once I did the comparisons and changes, and uploaded everything started working!

Hi Doug,

I'm wondering if you could post the differences you found in the forum. Hopefully someone else can benefit from them! :thumbsup:

Ok, I found out that my previous post was very vague and hence why people might be having trouble. What I really meant was:

Turn this:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " (customers_id, products_id, products_options_id , products_options_value_id) values ('" . $customer_id . "', '" . $products_id . "', '" . $att_option . "', '" . $att_value . "' )");
}

into this:

if (isset ($id)) {
 }
}

The error I'm receiving is when I use the Buy Now button on the products list page. Anyone have any ideas where to look. I can not find any files related to the contribution that go anywhere near a line 1064.

There error is refering to the entry in application_top.php

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$products_id");

HELP? please.

Yeah, I missed that, sorry. Change your catalog/includes/application_top.php:

case 'cust_order' :     if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {
                               // begin mod for Wishlist v2.2
                               tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                               tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$products_id");
                               // End Wish List Code w/Attributes
                               // end mod for Wishlist 2.2

TO:

case 'cust_order' :     if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {
                               tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                               tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id='" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid']."'");
                               // End Wish List Code w/Attributes
                               // end mod for Wishlist 2.2

jorgeo

Thanks but that did not cure the problem. It's in the Buy Now section.

I tried changing it to the below but I'm not a PHP'er so I'm only guessing.

case 'buy_now' :        if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
                               //Wishlist 2.0.1 Modification
                                 tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id='");
                                 tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id='");
                               }
                               // End Wishlist 2.0.1 Modification

This returned the following error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''' at line 1

delete from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id=2 AND products_id='

[TEP STOP]

This is the original code.

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$products_id");
                               }

Any thoughts?

The code you suggested changing I have changed but this seems to have had no effect one way or the other (at this stage).

Also this section of the original code reads:

products_id=$products_id");

Shouldn't that possibly be?:

products_id=$product_id");

Gob,

Below is the code that I use is my application_top. You'll notice that I use the delete query not only for the buy now but also for the add to cart from the product info page. It works perfectly...

// customer adds a product from the products page
     case 'add_product' :    if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                               }
                               $cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);
                             }
                             break;

// performed by the 'buy now' button in product listings and review page
                               }
                               if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
                                 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));
                               } else {
                                 $cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+1);
                               }
                             }
                             break;

Hi Doug,

I'm wondering if you could post the differences you found in the forum. Hopefully someone else can benefit from them! :thumbsup:

Hey Jorgeo,

I haven't forgotten, I'll post the differences ASAP. I am getting ready for a show, but should be able to do it Sat, or Sun.

Doug

Can anyone tell me which of the wish list contributions i need to download and install to get them the app to work? seems lots are updates, but trying to figure out where to start and what to skip is a real pita . . .

Can anyone tell me which of the wish list contributions i need to download and install to get them the app to work?  seems lots are updates, but trying to figure out where to start and what to skip is a real pita . . .

Hi Mibble,

I would install the "4 May 2004 - Wishlist including checkbox's" wishlist contribution. in the Wishlist Contribution page After that, you can add the updates as you see fit.

thanks.  would be nice if the contributions followed the rules, of including the complete package and then there are no questions regarding which one to do.

Yeah, I've been wanting to consolidate all previous contributions into a single one, but I've been out of time for the past month. I'll try to work on it tonight.

Hello, i have the same Problem with this Contrib and the InfoBox Admin Contrib.

One cannot insert the code in the file coumn_right.php.

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');
 if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');
 // end mod for Wishlist v2.2
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturer_info.php');

Is there already a solution?

LG Fallout

Hi, I've installed this contrib, but i've also install the infobox_admin contrib!

Now I've this problem, my colum_left/right.php file report

?$column_query = tep_db_query('select display_in_column as cfgcol, infobox_file_name as cfgtitle, infobox_display as cfgvalue, infobox_define as cfgkey, box_heading, box_heading_font_color from ' . TABLE_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION . ' where infobox_display = "yes" and display_in_column = "right" order by location');
?while ($column = tep_db_fetch_array($column_query)) {

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_BOXES . $column['cfgtitle'])) {
define($column['cfgkey'],$column['box_heading']);
$infobox_define = $column['box_heading'];
$font_color = $column['box_heading_font_color'];
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . $column['cfgtitle']);
}
}
?>

there is some way in to include the line

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');

???

Someone has already installed these 2 contrib together?

Tnx, Jo.

Wish List 2.3 Consolidated

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1682

It includes all the updates and add-ons to the wishlist.  You should be able to use just this contribution to install the Wish List...

Finally :P

Enjoy!

~Jorge

Jorge,

You Da MAN!!!!

Do you still want me to post the differences I had between what you emailed me and what I had?

Also does that one work on the multiple product but different options problem?

Thanks for all the hard work you have been doing on this and the great support!

Doug

Hi All

Can anybody answer a few questions for me regarding the wishlist contribution.

1, Can the products on your wishlist be sorted by numerical order

2, If so, can a customer move the order position, ie has a product at position 5 but wants to move that upto position 1

3, Can Admin view/edit a customers wishlist

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hello, good work for the Repack, Easy to Install :)

I still have the problem with the InfoBox-Admin Contrib.

This error message with Guest go:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'order by products_name' at line 1

select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id = order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

Logging Users ok, no failure Message.

The problem seems to lie here:

8. look for this line in /catalog/includes/column_right.php:

After
-----

?require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

Add
---

?// Wish List 2.3 Start
?if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');
?// Wish List 2.3 End

Is there already a solution?

LG Fallout

Edited by Fallout