• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

I think I found my mistake, i followed the included install instructions...I did not go through the 2.2 modification files individually and there seems to be differences differences with install instructions, (ex) english.php). I will do this now, and report if that was the problem.

Edited by geosd

"english.php" seems to be the only difference in code between install.txt and the provided modification files. Some of my titles and links were named incorrectly , and adding the code from the mod file seemed to fix it. I'm still not getting my products listed in catalog/whishlist.php as mentioned before - but the bottom menu does display "Displaying 1 to 3 (of 3 items on your wishlist)"

here is the difference in code:

from install.txt

// wishlist box text in includes/boxes/wishlist.php

define('BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST', 'My Wishlist');

define('BOX_WISHLIST_EMPTY', 'You have no items on your Wishlist');

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST', 'Add to Wishlist');

define('TEXT_WISHLIST_COUNT', 'Currently %s items are on your Wishlist.');

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_WISHLIST', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> items on your wishlist)');

from mod file /catalog/includes/language/english.php

// begin mod for Wishlist v2.2

define('BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST_HELP', 'Wishlist Help');

define('BOX_HEADING_SEND_WISHLIST', 'Send your Wishlist');

define('BOX_TEXT_MOVE_TO_CART', 'Move to Cart');

define('BOX_TEXT_DELETE', 'Delete');

// end mod for Wishlist v2.2

Edited by geosd

I have a few questions before I try installing this one.. Since I haven't seen the contribution work yet, what happens when somebody emails there wishlist to a friend? Do they see the wishlist in the email or do they need to cick on a link? Once they see the wishlist, are links to the products clickable so a friend can purchase something directly from the list?

If a friend makes a purchase from their wishlist, will the item come off the wishlist like a gift registry?

I also have a problem like geo. I have installed it into the MS2. Customer sign in and they add the item to wishlist. It went to wishlist.php. on top say displaying wishlist 1 of 3 but there is no item or product. I try to email the wishlist but still in the email is nothing in the wishlist. ANy idea. or if anybosy know which version is a working version. Thank you.

Hi Everyone :)

I have installed the newest version of Wish List, and have come to a standpoint at this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/httpd/vhosts/mtdiaperstore.com/httpdocs/catalog/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/httpd/vhosts/mtdiaperstore.com/httpdocs/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

I have looked over and over and can't seem to find what I have done wrong, can anyone clue me in ?

One thing to notice is that if a user add's an item to his wish list and the product has attributes. These attributes won't get added. Also when this happens and lets say the user goes to his wish list page and then clicks on move to cart, the attributes never get added and some users might not notice this. This also happens to slave products.

I haven't added any items to the wishlist yet, but when I click view wishlist, I see this:

Wishlist?

Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 items on your wishlist) Result Pages:? -4? -3? -2? -1? 0?

No products are in your Wishlist

Negative numbers...don't understand that. If I click on -4, I see:

Wishlist 

Displaying -49 to -40 (of 0 items on your wishlist) Result Pages:  [Next >>] 

Edited by notset4life

For some reason if you change

if ($wishlist_split > 0 && (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1' || PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) {

to

to if ($wishlist_split > 0 && (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1' || PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2')) {

Where the number is 3 to 2, the problem with the negative numbers is resolved. I am not sure if this is the right way to resolve this, but so far it works fine for me.

I have also noticed that you cannot add the products inside the shopping cart onto the wish list. Anyway to fix this?

I had fixed the Pagination issue in my version of the contribution - perhaps the fix it didn't get included in Talon's version or later...? My version works just fine with MS2, so you could try using that one instead?

If you want to try update/fix the latest version - basically the issue is caused by the page selectors being shown if there are no products - if you move the code for them into the main 'if there are wishlist items' clause then they will not appear at all (error gone ;) ).

The file is /catalog/wishlist.php and the main 'if wishlist items' clause is:

if (tep_db_num_rows($wishlist_query)) {

... wishlist code ...

}

I think I also saw a thread somewhere about this being a generic bug in OSC and there being a generic fix for this in the class or function that controls the page numbering (killing it if page numbering is negative), but can't seem to find it now.

Cheers

Rob

Hi, I've installed this contrib, but i've also install the infobox_admin contrib!

Now I've this problem, my colum_left/right.php file report

$column_query = tep_db_query('select display_in_column as cfgcol, infobox_file_name as cfgtitle, infobox_display as cfgvalue, infobox_define as cfgkey, box_heading, box_heading_font_color from ' . TABLE_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION . ' where infobox_display = "yes" and display_in_column = "right" order by location');
 while ($column = tep_db_fetch_array($column_query)) {

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_BOXES . $column['cfgtitle'])) {
define($column['cfgkey'],$column['box_heading']);
$infobox_define = $column['box_heading'];
$font_color = $column['box_heading_font_color'];
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . $column['cfgtitle']);
}
}
?>

there is some way in to include the line

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');

???

Someone has already installed these 2 contrib together?

Tnx, Jo.

after signing into the store as a customer and going to the wishlist, i get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id=8 order by 

select count(select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id=8 order by products_name) as total 

[TEP STOP]

any ideas?

great contrib, but there's been one problem with this contrib that i haven't seen the fix to yet. i don't know the fix yet, it's probably a sql statement, but i have a little more clarification on the problem several people have had but i haven't seen the answer to.

This is what displays in the wislist:

Wishlist

Send your Wishlist to a friend.

Displaying 1 to 2 (of 2 items on your wishlist) Result Pages:  1

There are NO items showing...just the line saying displaying, but nothing is displayed.

Vin

what's happening is there are records being added to the db but they are blank. if you go into mysql and add some info to the records, they show up fine. the problem seems to be the insert sql statement. i'm looking into it now, but thought i'd throw something up here in case there has been a fix for this.

and i am using the newest version just so you know.

any ideas, let me know, i'll get back to you on whether or not i can fix the insert statement.

I've fixed the paging issue as RObW said. For those of you who are not too sure what to move. Follow these instructions:

find Line 61 should be

$wishlist_query = tep_db_query($wishlist_split->sql_query);

The next line should be this code

?if ($wishlist_split > 0 && (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1' || PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) {
?>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td>
?<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="smallText"><?php echo $wishlist_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_WISHLIST); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right" class="smallText"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $wishlist_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table>
?</td>
? ? ?</tr>

<?php
?}

cut the code above and find line number 93 (aprox) and paste the the code. You should find that the code looks something like:

? ?$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where pd.products_id in (" . $product_ids . ") and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");

//BOF Moved Paging

?if ($wishlist_split > 0 && (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1' || PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) {
?>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td>
?<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="smallText"><?php echo $wishlist_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_WISHLIST); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right" class="smallText"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $wishlist_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table>
?</td>
? ? ?</tr>

<?php
?}

//EOF Moved paging

? ?$row = 0;
? ?while ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {

also geosd mentioned that there appeared to be some confusion as to which defines to put in the english.php

I've deleted the duplicates in the list he provided and am using this is my english.php file. Which seems to work perfectly.

// wishlist box text in includes/boxes/wishlist.php
define('TEXT_WISHLIST_COUNT', 'Currently %s items are on your Wishlist.');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_WISHLIST', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> items on your wishlist)');
define('BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST_HELP', 'Wishlist Help');
define('BOX_HEADING_SEND_WISHLIST', 'Send your Wishlist');
define('BOX_TEXT_MOVE_TO_CART', 'Move to Cart');
define('BOX_TEXT_DELETE', 'Delete');

one last thing

When reading through the Wishlist FAQ's, I noticed that there were a couple of occasions when after the text there was a couple of additional messgaes. Which were an "EOF by whoever ".

I've updated the wishlist_help.php file found in

catalog\includes\languages\english\

The whole file can be found below (I've kept in the peoples names in the script, but they just don't appear on the FAQ now)

<?php
/*
?$Id: wishlist_help.php,v 1 2002/11/09

?The Exchange Project - Community Made Shopping!
?http://www.theexchangeproject.org

?Copyright (c) 2000,2001 The Exchange Project

?Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'My Wishlist F.A.Q.');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'My Wishlist F.A.Q.');

define('TEXT_CLOSE_WINDOW', '<u>Close Window</u> [x]');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<b>What is ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '?</b><br>' .
// BoF Modification by: Rob Woodgate 
BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ' is a convenient way for you to save a reminder of an item you would like to purchase later or an item that is not currently in stock.
<!-- EoF Modification by: Rob Woodgate -->
<br>
<br>
<b>How do I add items to ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '? </b><br>
To add an item to ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ', just click the "Add to Wishlist" button for any item that interests you. The "Add to Wishlist" button appears next to the "Add to Cart" button in the product info pages.
<br>
<br>
<b>Can I add "out-of-stock" items or "coming-soon items"?</b><br>
Yes. You can add any item you choose to ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST .
'<br>
<br>
<b>How do I view ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '?</b><br>
On the right column is a "' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '" box. ?This box shows the current status of ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '. ?If there are 5 or less items in ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ', they will be listed here. ?If there are more than 5 items, there will be a simple counter with the total number of items in ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '.
<br>
<br>
' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ' may be viewed at any time by clicking either the link found in the "' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '" box (<i><u>View ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '</u> [+]</i>). ?or by clicking the right arrow on the "' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '" box.
<br>
<br>
<b>How do I move ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ' items to my Shopping Cart?</b><br>
To move ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ' items to the Shopping Cart, either click "Move to Cart" under the product name in the "' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '" box (if the ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ' items are shown in the box) or click on "Move to Cart" underneath the item on the ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ' main page and voila! The item is moved to the Cart.
<br>
<br>
<b>How do I remove items from ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '?</b><br>
To remove items from ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ', either click "Delete" under the item\'s name in the "' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '" box or click "Delete" underneath the item on the ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ' main page of the item(s) you would like to remove. 
<br>
<br>
<!-- BoF Modification by: Talon177 -->
<b> Can I make ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ' available to others? </b><br>
<!-- EoF Modification by: Talon177 -->
<!-- BoF Modification by: Talon177 & Rob Woodgate -->
Sorry. Currently ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ' is only accessible when you are logged in to your account. Therefore, you are the only one that can see it. ?However, you can email your wishlist to a friend by visiting the ' . BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ' main page, entering their email address into the \'send your wishlist to a friend\' box and clicking the email envelope.
<!-- EoF Modification by: Talon177 & Rob Woodgate-->
<br>
<br>');
?>

Edited by craigey

Hi, i installed this contrib today and seems to work very good.

I put a checkboxes in the wishlist.php so the customers can check the products they want and move these products to the cart or delete from the wishlist.

i think that is very useful if a customer have a lot of products in the wishlist.

Let me know if someone want my wishlist.php

Hi mutter,

Don't take this the wrong way, as I liked the idea of the update.

I followed your instructions and it seemed to work, except that the negative paging issue is back and the option fields are radio buttons rather then checkboxes. (small issue, I know). I think it'd also be better to remove the "move to cart" and the "delete items from wishlist" from the right column if you use this update, as the update looks cleaner then the hyperlinks.

Hi Craig, can you epxlain what is the negative paging issue? Sorry my english is too bad...

I put a checkbox in after every products in the wishlist.php then in the bottom you see two radio buttons to choose move to cart or delete.

But you mind that you only see radio buttons instead of the checkboxes?

oh i get it, the paging issue with the navigation in the bottom right?

But i have no problem with that, works perfect, see:

Viendo del 1 al 2 (de 10 productos). P?ginas: 1 2 3 4 5 [siguiente >>]

I put a limit to 2 products per page to test the paging thing...

Got a BIG wishlist problem... I can't quite figure out why this is happening.

I have digital downloads, so after adding items to the cart, checkout used to

go right to the payment screen (skipping the shipping).

A customer complained to me that she was being taken to the shipping screen.

I couldn't figure out why she was having that problem cause everything worked fine from my end...so I asked if she could send me a screenshot. I noticed that

she had an item in the wishlist. So I duplicated her screen by adding an item to the wishlist...then went to checkout...and now I had the same problem..I am taken to the Shipping page. I removed the item from the wishlist, but now, no matter what I do, I end up on the shipping page. I can't figure out how to fix this.

Any ideas? Is the problem in cookies, sessions, temp files????

notset4life Which version of the wishlist are you using?

Ruben

I've fixed the wishlist paging problem, some of the code just needed to move a little further down the page for some reason. I've combined your contrib with the normal one (haven't changed any of your code though) , I'll post it later if you want.