• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

Hi Talon177,

Unless you are feeling particularly artistic, I would just include a blank image with the name for completeness and put in documentation that people can replace the image with one of their own. Or if you are, some sort of star ('when you wish...') would be great. (BTW, in the 2.0.1 mod, the images were already replaced with singlepixel.gif, but this image was not in the contrib).

On Wislist vs Wish List, why not go with 'Wish List' by default as it is the proper spelling - people can change it to something else if they prefer another spelling.

Cheers

Rob

in v2.0.1 i choose not to use some of the authors ideas, as this didn't follow the original coding such as singlepixel.gif, i kept to the original authors contribution as this follows standard osC. Of course others can change it at their own interest.

Great idea abotu the image.

On Wislist vs Wish List, why not go with 'Wish List' by default as it is the proper spelling - people can change it to something else if they prefer another spelling.

Thanks, i'll change all the text not code to "Wish List" instead of "wishlist".

Thanks for the tip, hopefully we can help more this project more along, it would be nice if customers instead of deleting 1 by 1 product, could click on check boxes instead. Like how amazon..com has it i believe, where you can check all checkboxes, uncheck all, and even more then all or slected entirley into your shopping cart or delete them. This is a nice feature.

Also about the wish list, the reason that it would be nice if you could actually add the product you want with the attributes is for the send to friend feature. If you think about it a wish list is considered either a shopping list really (Wishing to get these products) or like a bridal registry where you (send your wish list) to friends hoping they'll get it for you. If you don't have the attributes working, no one would know for example what size couch u wanted and what color in and whatever attributes it may have.

Thanks for the input,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I agree - as I was saying earlier, at present this Wishlist mod is primarily a tool for customers to 'park' things they like for the future - a personal wishlist. So at present storing attributes would make no real difference. If the mod can be expanded to make it more like a gift registry this would be great too. Or perhaps the two should exist as separate contributions: Personal wishlist and Gift Registry.

Whilst thinking about Vin's issue, I noticed that the SQL query in 2.0.1 is not *exactly* OSC legal - it includes a hard coded table name and in most other places the language and customer ids are prefix with (int). It probably won't help Vin, but might be worth modding in your new version:

in /catalog/wishlist_email.php

$wishlist_query_raw = "select tab2.products_id, tab1.products_name from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " as tab2, products_description as tab1 WHERE tab2.customers_id=$customer_id and tab1.products_id = tab2.products_id and tab1.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name";

should probably read something like (note untested)

$wishlist_query_raw = "select tab2.products_id, tab1.products_name from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " as tab2, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " as tab1 WHERE tab2.customers_id='" . (int)$customer_id . "' and tab1.products_id = tab2.products_id and tab1.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by products_name";

Cheers

Rob

Just noticed in catalog/includes/languages/english/wishlist.php it states

define('TEXT_EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Your friend %s wants to share his Wish List at %s');

I believe this should be his or her depend on the gender of male or female. While thinking of actual sentences you would use, it would always result in his or her. Anyone know a quick fix?

Added an update - Wishlist v2.03 - includes the whole package

hope someone can fix the problem with this contribution to use it even a customer is not logged in - this is really needed and the users do not want to find out if there is a wishlist or not.

THEY HAVE TO SEE IT AND CLICK IT

Edited by noisebox

Rob,

1. A couple of issues with the latest.

The images are still not showing up. I created images, but when I updated, they were gone again)

2. You missed 2 lines in english.php

define('BOX_TEXT_MOVE_TO_CART', 'Add to Cart');

define('BOX_TEXT_DELETE', 'Remove from Cart'); Or whatever wording..

This is what displays in the wislist:

Wishlist 

Send your Wishlist to a friend.

Displaying 1 to 2 (of 2 items on your wishlist) Result Pages:  1 

There are NO items showing...just the line saying displaying, but nothing is displayed.

Vin

Added an update - Wishlist v2.03 - includes the whole package

hope someone can fix the problem with this contribution to use it even a customer is not logged in - this is really needed and the users do not want to find out if there is a wishlist or not.

THEY HAVE TO SEE IT AND CLICK IT

Noisebox: If you're interested in showing guest the add to wishlist, go to catalog/product_info.php page, and follow the code below. I use this as well, the only issue is that when a customer clicks on add to wishlist it goes to the login page which is correct, but when the user signs in or creates an account, the item does not get added to the wishlist, they are redirected to their wishlist page. If someone knows how to fix this and have the osC SID pass through that would be awesome, as I believe sites such as amazon.com do this.

<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info_values['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?></form></td>

To:

<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info_values['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?></form></td>

Rob,

The images are still not showing up. I created images, but when I updated, they were gone again)

define('BOX_TEXT_DELETE', 'Remove from Cart'); Or whatever wording..

Wishlist?

Displaying 1 to 2 (of 2 items on your wishlist) Result Pages:? 1?

There are NO items showing...just the line saying displaying, but nothing is displayed.

Vin

Try using v2.2 if you like.

I have just finished yesterday installing the wishlist contrib

and I am experiencing a very strange problem where at some computers it works fine and on others I can't seem to get it to work it is as if I log off every time I want to view my wishlist or even go to a certain category...

any one experiencing what I am?

has anyone found solutions to this yet?

my web site is www.theartoutlet.com you can try it out for your self...

thanks,

Amitai

I have just finished yesterday installing the wishlist contrib

and I am experiencing a very strange problem where at some computers it works fine and on others I can't seem to get it to work it is as if I log off every time I want to view my wishlist or even go to a certain category...

any one experiencing what I am?

has anyone found solutions to this yet?

my web site is www.theartoutlet.com you can try it out for your self...

thanks,

Amitai

Which version are you using? Try version 2.2, as some other contributions do have extra modifications in there that do not belong to wishlist.

Talon177

Noisebox: If you're interested in showing guest the add to wishlist, go to catalog/product_info.php page, and follow the code below. I use this as well, the only issue is that when a customer clicks on add to wishlist it goes to the login page which is correct, but when the user signs in or creates an account, the item does not get added to the wishlist, they are redirected to their wishlist page. If someone knows how to fix this and have the osC SID pass through that would be awesome, as I believe sites such as amazon.com do this.

Thanks for your help about this but i tried a few months ago this things and the prob. is you already posted - nothing will be added to the users wishlist. i was taking a look a the database and tried to compare how the shopping cart is working. So there are functions and classes for adding a product to the shopping cart. Furthermore there is a table in the database which is called sessions and it looks like when a guest is entering your site there will be a session created in this table with some more information about the shopping cart. If a guest now adds a product to the cart this session (user ones) will be update with new products informations like id and things like this. so from know the user with that session id has a memo with all the needed information to store the cart til he logs into his account or will create an account....

So my opinion about this is (logical) if you want to use this option for the wishlist i do think you have to write more php code... (if iam not correct so please go ahead)

Currently the wishlist content is by default sorted alphabeticaly. Would anybody perhaps know what needs to change in order to sort the items in the wishlist per date added ? If possible for both the infobox and the main wishlist. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS: A big thank you to the developers - this is indeed one of the best contributions.

From all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Ozborne

I just installed the latest Wishlist contrib on my M2.2 store and it appears to be working great. Just one question. If you don't have any products in your wishlist and you go to the "My Wishlist" page, this is what you get:

Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 items on your wishlist) Result Pages: -4 -3 -2 -1 0

No products are in your Wishlist

Is it supposed to be showing negative pages? It's no big thing, I was just curious.

I just installed the latest Wishlist contrib on my M2.2 store and it appears to be working great. Just one question. If you don't have any products in your wishlist and you go to the "My Wishlist" page, this is what you get:

No products are in your Wishlist

Is it supposed to be showing negative pages? It's no big thing, I was just curious.

That's wierd cause on my wishlist from using v2.2 it doesn't even display 0 to 0 of items on your wishlist. It displays No products are in your wish list. But as soon as I add a item to the Wish List it'll show Displaying 1 of 1 and everything else correctly.

Currently the wishlist content is by default sorted alphabeticaly. Would anybody perhaps know what needs to change in order to sort the items in the wishlist per date added ? If possible for both the infobox and the main wishlist. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS: A big thank you to the developers - this is indeed one of the best contributions.

I believe you can change it

order by products_name

To:

order by products_date_added

You would have to go to all the places that you want to change this in the wish list, although this has been untested you could try this on a test server.

One thing I noticed is that if you have products with attributs or slave products, and you add the item to the wish list you're attributes or slaves won't be added, so if a person is inside their wish list and clicks on move to cart, only the main product will be added to their wish list.

Dear Jayman2,

it should work - download this version thats the latest i've uploaded and this will work - otherwise there is maybe a bug in your site - do you have something modified?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../mirror,sunsite

Yeah, I just installed this one yesterday and have the same problem as Jayman2. Four negative pages dispayed with nothing on them. When you add a product, it starts working fine. Don't see any problems with the code, but I don't have programmer eyes. :blink:

I believe you can change it

order by products_name

To:

order by products_date_added

You would have to go to all the places that you want to change this in the wish list, although this has been untested you could try this on a test server.

Thank you for the suggestion, but if I understand this correctly, products in the wishlist should now be sorted according to the date these products were added to the database via admin and NOT the date the products were added to the wishlist - which is indeed what I want.

My guess is that I should add an additional column to the wishlist table which will host the date and time products were added to the wishlist and then sort order according to that particular table table ???

Edited by Ascii

From all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Ozborne

Just attempted to install this today on MS2.2 wishlist version 2.2 for MS2

The only modification I have done to oscommerce before this is CoolMenu 1.2.

Here is the error im getting now upon entry to my site. All pages pull up this error.

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

Any Ideas. Would love to be able to use this addon.

Thanks

kaileen

I have just done a clean install of 2.2. And get the same error as below.

Rob,

The images are still not showing up.? I created images, but when I updated, they were gone again)

define('BOX_TEXT_DELETE', 'Remove from Cart');? ? ? Or whatever wording..

Wishlist?

Displaying 1 to 2 (of 2 items on your wishlist) Result Pages:? 1?

Vin

Try using v2.2 if you like.

Edited by geosd