• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

Does anyone happen to know how I can make the "Add to Wishlist" show for even guest on products? and when they click on add to wishlist, it'll bring them to the login page, and if they create an account it'll add that item to their wishlist?

Thanks.

Hi,

Just noticed when you add more than 10 products to your wishlist, #11 + doesn't show, any fix for this?

Delete item number 10 does item 11 now show? If so this is a paging problem

Yep it's the paging, i'm not sure what's the best way to get splitPageResults to work, anyone have a suggestion for MS2?

Ok, I've come alot farther on my own guys, thanks to re-reading and stuff, however, I can't pass this now. The right column is in a messed up place, check it out:

http://www.anime-industry.com/catalog/prod...?products_id=96

the code I used was Jayman2's it is:

<!-- Wishlist //-->
<tr>
<td><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></form></td>
<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?>
<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?>
</form></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><br>
<?php
if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !defined('SID')) {
echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);
} else {
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);
}
}
?>
</td>
</tr>
</table></td>
<!-- Wishlist eof //-->

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that i've been working on a update for the Wishlist contribution, after reading all 24 pages over a 2nd time and implementing all necessary changes, and recording all changes from Wishlist 2.0 (Jesse Labrocca) - 22 Nov 2003, and giving everyone credits where needed.

Everythings almost complete!

A few quick questions hopefully someone can answer.

- Missing Image: table_background_wishlist.gif

Anyone have any idea what image we should use to represent this from the stock osC, or can anyone make us one?

- Add Wishlist for non-logged in users to see, and when clicked on bring them to the login page so they can signup or signin. After they signup or signin it'll automatically be added to their wishlist.

I have this somewhat working on my modded osC but it doesn't add the item to their wishlist automatically after creating their account or signing in. This is due to the session, and I hope it'll work with this fresh osC 2.2 MS2 I have installed.

- If product has attributes will those attributes also be seen when adding the item to your wishlist?

Anyone know?

-> After sending a wishlist to a friend you get a message saying on wishlist_email.php

"Your email about has been successfully sent to [email protected]."

Inside the catalog\includes\languages\english\wishlist.php the code shows:

define('TEXT_EMAIL_SUCCESSFUL_SENT', 'Your email about <b>%s</b> has been successfully sent to <b>%s</b>.');

Anyone know a fix so we can get %s to display?

- A question others might also have including myself

Has anyone gotten this to work with master products, so when you want to add a slave item to your wishlist it'll add that instead of the master product?

Thanks and I hope we can have this all working perfectly, as I spent the last 2-3 hrs reading the entire 24 pages and documenting everything and applying all fixes.

Talon177

Just wanted to let you guys know if any of you are using Wishlist 2.0.1 (R. Siebert (VINI & VITA)) 13 Dec 2003 to becareful of the product_info.php.NEW and application_top.php.NEW as they have extra contributions in them that aren't for wishlist.

Just wanted to let you guys know if any of you are using Wishlist 2.0.1 (R. Siebert (VINI & VITA)) 13 Dec 2003 to becareful of the product_info.php.NEW and application_top.php.NEW as they have extra contributions in them that aren't for wishlist.

Talon, did you get the wishlist on the same line with the order button? If not I (finally) did and you're welcome to the code.

After spending many hours trawling through the 24 pages or so of Support thread to get this running in my MS2 store :blink:, I decided to save others the pain and package up a new MS2 version.

I have added various MS2 corrections from this Support thread to these files, tidied up and fixed some of the outstanding issues (such as native MS2 Wishlist pagination and page splitting, missing help, removal from Wishlist on purchase, easy placement of 'Add to Wishlist' button etc) and duplicate code issues in the application_top.php file.

Documentation has been changed to simplify modifications needed to the existing files and to put things where they should be in MS2.

Note: This is an MS2 release - if you require MS1 compatibility, use an earlier version!

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1682/

Cheers

Rob

Really like this mod, but the images are STILL missing.

The only image I see is "add to wishlist". I searched back through the older versions and found some images, but the script doesn't point to them.

display wishlist...missing image...alt says "wishlist"

wishlist help...missing image....alt says "wislist faq"

Finally, the box should have this line somewhere:

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

so I can turn off the rounded corners. I don't know enough about coding to get this to work, so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Vin

Hi Vin,

I didn't tackle the images thing, as we didn't need them - in MS2 admin you can go to Configuration > Images and set 'Image Required' to FALSE. No more image errors... ;)

However, if you want to add your own images for these pages...

1) Upload the images you want for each page to /catalog/images/

2) In both /catalog/wishlist.php and /catalog/wishlist_help.php find:

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'singlepixel.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

and change 'singlepixel.gif' to the filename of the image you want for the page.

You can turn off the box corners by going to:

catalog/includes/modules/wishlist/wishlist.php

Find the following code:

<!-- customer_wishlist //-->

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text'  => BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST

);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true, tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, '','NONSSL'));

and change the true's to false.

Cheers

Rob

PS - just realised that my package contained a file called ds.txt which was a leftover from cleaning up the mod to publish (I use an Apple Mac). It can safely be deleted or ignored... not that anyone should be uploading it to their store as it is outside the catalog folder.. but just in case ;)

RobW: Thanks for the update, there's still a few things I believe you might of missed as I was planning to do an update as well, but you got some things I didn't so this will help further things along. =D

I'll post mine up with your differences up later today.

Talon177

P.S. A Few things still unanswered

Anyone have any idea what image we should use to represent this from the stock osC, or can anyone make us one?

- Add Wishlist for non-logged in users to see, and when clicked on bring them to the login page so they can signup or signin. After they signup or signin it'll automatically be added to their wishlist.

I have this somewhat working on my modded osC but it doesn't add the item to their wishlist automatically after creating their account or signing in. This is due to the session, and I hope it'll work with this fresh osC 2.2 MS2 I have installed.

- If product has attributes will those attributes also be seen when adding the item to your wishlist?

Anyone know?

-> After sending a wishlist to a friend you get a message saying on wishlist_email.php

Inside the catalog\includes\languages\english\wishlist.php the code shows:

define('TEXT_EMAIL_SUCCESSFUL_SENT', 'Your email about <b>%s</b> has been successfully sent to <b>%s</b>.');

Anyone know a fix so we can get %s to display?

- A question others might also have including myself

Has anyone gotten this to work with master products, so when you want to add a slave item to your wishlist it'll add that instead of the master product?

- I also believe that wishlist is spelled "Wish List" at least that's how you spell it in the dictionary.

Any comments on this?

Rob,

After I got the image thing fixed, I tried "send to a friend" and I got the

following error:

0 -

select tab2.products_id, tab1.products_name from customers_wishlist as tab2, products_description as tab1 WHERE tab2.customers_id=4 and tab1.products_id = tab2.products_id and tab1.language_id = '1' order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

Anything on this?

Hi Talon177,

Sorry, I didn't see your post until after I was done patching things up to work with my MS2 store - glad that you are taking the time to do a full rebuild and catch all remaining issues to make this great mod even greater. For info, I used the 2.0.1 contribution from R. Siebert (VINI & VITA) as my base and just fixed things up that didn't work in testing - I didn't start with the original Jesse Labrocca contribution.

Can't help you with all the questions, but here are my thoughts on some:

This wasn't in the 2.0.1 contrib as I remember. Do any other sections of OsC use a table backgound? If not, perhaps just lose it...?

In all versions to date, the attributes are not stored in wishlist. Products without selectable attributes can be moved straight to cart, but if a product has selectable attributes, the product page is presented to allow attribute selection. In my updated version, moving a product with selectable attributes to cart also deletes it from wishlist.

I can't see why anyone would need to store attributes in wishlist in its current form as wishlist itself is private to customer and they presumably know what attributes they want to add. If and when someone builds a way to let others login to another customers wishlist, then stored attributes would probably be needed at this point, but for example, we are using attributes to define gift wrap and message per product, so we would probably keep or add a 'check attributes' step.

- After sending a wishlist to a friend you get a message saying on wishlist_email.php

The code controlling this is in wishlist_email.php

<td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_EMAIL_SUCCESSFUL_SENT, stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name']), $HTTP_POST_VARS['friendemail']); ?></td>

and it is trying to add the product names. I don't know exactly why this doesn't work, but it would not be desirable if it did, esp if the person had many items in their wishlist! Since you highlighted this I have simply changed the define line in my store as follows:

define('TEXT_EMAIL_SUCCESSFUL_SENT', 'Your email has been successfully sent to <b>%s%s</b>.');

The first %s is replaced with Products name (ie blank) and the second with the friends email. You could also remove the second %s if you removed the $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name']), bit.

- I also believe that wishlist is spelled "Wish List" at least that's how you spell it in the dictionary.

I'm pretty sure that most (if not all) instances of the word that are displayed in the store (including the FAQ) are controlled by the variable defined in the languages files so people can surely call it what they like by changing the definitions in the various language files...

Hope this helps

------------------------

Hi Vin,

Sorry, I have no idea - perhaps one of the more knowledgeable people in the forum can assist. It works fine on my MS2 (unmodded store) so perhaps you missed a step, are not running MS2, or have another mod that is interfering.

Cheers

Rob

RobW: Thanks for the info, i'll give a more detailed response to all your info soon, Also after I release my patch hopefully you can check it out to compare and give back your input.

Since I believe wishlist is spelled Wish List would you recommend I change it in the new update, after looking at company's such as amazon.com, target.com and other major online retailers they all spell the wishlist "Wish List", and in the dictionary wishlist isn't a word.

Thanks.