• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by products_name' at line 1

select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id= order by products_name

i am getting the same error in the coloum_right.php for example when a new users tries to register! everythign works perfect exept of this little thing :(

anyone able to help us??

Hi Bill(Moosek) and Selcuk

Have a look on page 17 of this thread and you will find a solution from Randy (ugattasalsa) dated December 29th who responded to Kirstina. She had the same error message than you both have.

And a tip at the end: Please have a look through the thread to see if someone already experianced the same problem and got a solution for it, before you post your problem. Sometimes this is faster than waiting for an answer :D

Cheers

Rich

hi jenso,

i did these changes but the error still appears!?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'order by products_name' at line 1

select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id= order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

everything is correct, i read all forum pages but this thing still comes up :(

does it might have something to do with the login box addon?

Jenso

Sorry I have not made myself too clear - I'm using the Simple Template System which means that the code structure for my column_left file differs.

In mine the code is :-

//wishlist

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include (DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');

// STS: ADD

$sts_block_name = 'wishlist';

require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);

// STS: EOADD

//end wishlist

Now for some reason with this box it is not picking up the fact that a customer isn't registered and is still trying to include the box.

I have tried using the if (tep_session... statement in front of the $sts and require lines but this does not help.

Additionally I have edited the application_top file to read :-

//Wishlist

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) define('TABLE_WISHLIST', 'customers_wishlist');

//Wishlist

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) define('FILENAME_WISHLIST', 'wishlist.php');

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) define('FILENAME_WISHLIST_HELP', 'wishlist_help.php');

but this hasnt helped either.

I think the bottom line is that I need whatever file creates the box contents to have a blanket IF statement covering it saying "fill the box only if logged in, if not logged in then display a message saying "wishlist is only available to logged in users"

I can't work out why it is trying to display the box even when it's told not to.

I've waded through and managed to get this mod up and running except for one thing: when I use the email feature to mail my wishlist it looks like this

I saw in an earlier posting (page6?) that Jayman had the same issue but didn't see a fix-

test account: [email protected]/ test1

Edited by quin

I've waded through and managed to get this mod up and running except for one thing: when I use the email feature to mail my wishlist it looks like this

I saw in an earlier posting (page6?) that Jayman had the same issue but didn't see a fix-

test account: [email protected]/ test1

quin

look on page 16. it is a language problem and their you find a solution.

Rich

Thanks Rich! I was so tired I missed it. Question: when I am using the wishlist and choose "move to cart" it takes me back to the product page (which is fine because there are options I'd like my customers to select when ordering) to do so rather than moving the item straight into the cart. Is it supposed to do that? Just curious. Hmm, and I wonder if it's then removing items from the wishlist to pass to the cart or if they'll stay in there- either way, it works, I'm happy. On to SaleMaker.

Question: when I am using the wishlist and choose "move to cart" it takes me back to the product page (which is fine because there are options I'd like my customers to select when ordering) to do so rather than moving the item straight into the cart. Is it supposed to do that? Just curious.

Yes, that is how it should be. If you want it to add the item without changing the page, than that is possible. The "fix" is somewhere in this threat, sorry not to point you directly to it, it is a bit late now :rolleyes:

Hmm, and I wonder if it's then removing items from the wishlist to pass to the cart or if they'll stay in there

It will stay in there. Your customer has to remove the item from the wishlist.

Some people are working on a way that the item will be removed from the wishlist after the checkout page.

Rich

Yes, that is how it should be. If you want it to add the item without changing the page, than that is possible. The "fix" is somewhere in this threat, sorry not to point you directly to it, it is a bit late now :rolleyes:

Probably I wasn't clear enough: when I click on "Move to cart" it takes me back to the product page but doesn't actually move it into the cart. I did use the fix earlier to redirect to the product page, I wonder if that's interfering with the move function.

Some people are working on a way that the item will be removed from the wishlist after the checkout page.

That would be a nice feature- after checkout would be ideal in case they changed their mind before completing.

I haven't found this error yet, so forgive me if it's been covered.

I am getting this error when I click "add to wishlist":

1146 - Table 'darlascloset_com.TABLE_WISHLIST' doesn't exist

delete from TABLE_WISHLIST where products_id = '6' and customers_id = '3'

[TEP STOP]

The table does exist in the database.

The url is:

www.darlascloset.com/catalog

you can use [email protected] and testing to log in.

I know the navigation stinks, we're just getting started putting this together.

TIA

Tara Lang

Ok, I fixed the above problem by moving the line that defines the table into the database tables file.

But now when I add or delete, I get a blank page. But it does actually add or delete to the wishlist when I hit the back button it's there.

Tara Lang

Probably I wasn't clear enough: when I click on "Move to cart" it takes me back to the product page but doesn't actually move it into the cart. I did use the fix earlier to redirect to the product page, I wonder if that's interfering with the move function.

Sorry quin

That what you experiance is right. When the product is already on your Wishlist and than you move it to the cart by pressing "Move to Cart" and it will direct you to the product page. The reason for it is when you have atributes, that the customer can choose them.

To my knowledge atributes are not stored with the products in the wishlist...

From the product page the customer has to click the "In Cart" button to move the item into the cart.

So their is nothing "wrong" with what you experiance.

Cheers

Rich

Hi there,

I have made a little hack to wishlist in order to add a little feature that might be usefull.

Here is the deal...

In catalog/wishlist.php appr. on line 114 you have the link for moving or deleting the item from the wishlist.

What I did is add another link to add to the cart without moving or deleting the item

I found this might be usefull for people who are frequently buying the same items from you shop and don't want to browse the entire catalog...

So I added the cart button on the next line

<form name="cart_quantity" action="http://www.bebeshop.ch/product_info.php?products_id=<?php $products['products_id']?>&action=add_product" method="post"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $products['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></form>

Please let me know if you find it usefull and if it works for you...

Thanks Rich! I was just curious because, as I mentioned, I'd rather have them do it that way (particularly because of the attributes as you mentioned).

Onnig- Rich directed me earlier to page 16 where the fix is posted for the triplicate problem.

Onnig,

Here is the code that solve your problem

approx on line 40 of wishlist_email.php this is the code to replace:

<?

$wishliststring = "My Wishlist is: \n\n";

$wishlist_query_raw = "select tab2.products_id, tab1.products_name from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " as tab2, products_description as tab1 WHERE tab2.customers_id=$customer_id and tab1.products_id = tab2.products_id and tab1.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name";

$wishlist_query = tep_db_query($wishlist_query_raw);

while ($resultarray=mysql_fetch_row($wishlist_query)) {

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER ."/product_info.php?products_id=".$resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

}

?>

Just noticed another problem. If you have items in your wish list and you delete them all, the empty wish list will have on the upper right hand corner:

Result Pages: -4 -3 -2 -1 0

where all the negative numbers are clickable. Any fix for this?

Onnig

Hi.

I am having the same problem as Onnig--the problem with negative numbers showing up when the cart is empty. Other than that, everything is working fine. Things are added properly, all the buttons work--just the page numbers in the wishlist are wrong.

I would love to hear a fix for that if anyone knows one.

Thanks.

shris