• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

Well I am making progress... After reading through the entire thread (again)

I got the button in the proper location. Followed girlgeek's post on page 8. This was the only posted solution that worked for me that did not send items to the shopping cart instead of the wish list.

I still have yet to figure out how to get the e-mail section to display :( I can call wishlist_email.php from my browser. And this is an OSC MS2 isntall.

Thanx for the continual help...

For others to remove the rounded left and right cornors in

/includes/modules/wishlist/wishlist.php

Find:

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true, tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, '','NONSSL'));

Replace with:

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, '','NONSSL'));

The first true is the left cornor, the second is the right.

Ok this seems to be my lucky night :)

I got the e-mail link to show up properly!

Of course there is an issue with the links as they are incorrect and appear listed 8 times :( I am sure I will get through this yet. Time to go read the thread again for clues...

Anyways my solution was to move the entire tell_a_friend section just above:

<?php

if ($wishlist_numrows > 0 && (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2' || PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) {

?>

My clue was from someone who posted that they thought this was the code stopping the tell_a_friend from working.

Hopefully this will help someone else down the road.

Ok I re-read through everything and am miffed about the e-mail issue.

1. If I have 1 item in my wish list, it lists that item 8 times in the box and e-mails 8 instances of the item :blink:

2. e-mail link is incorrect <_<

In wishlist_email.php this is what I have based on the posts I have been reading

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER ."/store/product_info.php?products_id=".$resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

This gives me the following in an email:

http://www.domain.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=533

But the actual product URL based on the address bar is:

http://www.domain.com/store/catalog/produc...products_id=533

Ideas?

Ok I re-read through everything and am miffed about the e-mail issue.

1. If I have 1 item in my wish list, it lists that item 8 times in the box and e-mails 8 instances of the item :blink:

2. e-mail link is incorrect <_<

In wishlist_email.php this is what I have based on the posts I have been reading

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER ."/store/product_info.php?products_id=".$resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

This gives me the following in an email:

http://www.domain.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=533

I found the same problem on sending wishlist...

It is because we are using multiple language shop...

I haven't found exactly how to do but as far as know we need to introduce the value determining the language string of the cession...

I don't get it Steven... the link on the email is working fine (in my case)

the "cPath" stuff is only for the wishlist when you are logged in your account...

Maybe I'm missing your point... :huh:

My bad... I just realized I did not manualy edit wishlist_email.php with the entire URL:

Should have been:

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER ."/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=".$resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

Sorry bout that. Will jsut wait till someone figureds out the mutli-product/language issue.

Thanx!

Well I just thought about a little change but for later!

In state of sending email with all the wishlist wouldn't be better to make possible to access the wish list from any account (with a password of course) and so all you have to do is to transfer things to the cart to send it to the one who request the list?

On the other hand, this feature should require some kind of security that restock the product in the list if the customer doesn't buy the Item...

Hum I'll stop here I'm getting a nervous breakdown when thinking to fast!

:wacko:

Of course there is an issue with the links as they are incorrect and appear listed 8 times  :(  I am sure I will get through this yet.  Time to go read the thread again for clues...

hi

well with the language I might can help those who run MS1. Go to wishlist_email.php around line 44 - 46 and find this

$wishliststring = "My Wishlist is: \n\n";

$wishlist_query_raw = "select tab2.products_id, tab1.products_name from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " as tab2, products_description as tab1 WHERE tab2.customers_id=$customer_id and tab1.products_id = tab2.products_id order by products_name";

$wishlist_query = tep_db_query($wishlist_query_raw);

past the following line

and tab1.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'

between "tab2.products_id" and "order by" to have the following:

$wishliststring = "My Wishlist is: \n\n";

$wishlist_query_raw = "select tab2.products_id, tab1.products_name from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " as tab2, products_description as tab1 WHERE tab2.customers_id=$customer_id and tab1.products_id = tab2.products_id and tab1.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name";

At least this seams to work with me.

Now I have a totally different problem. I can not add any products to the wishlist 2.0 nor can I delete any. Moving from the wishlist to the cart is not a problem.

Adding and delete cause the following problem:

1146 - Table 'catalog.table_wishlist' doesn't exist

delete from TABLE_WISHLIST where products_id = '79' and customers_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

but I do not see where and how I can fix this. Because I do not have a clue where to look for and I do not find why and how he is producing this error.

Can someone help me here?

Cheers

Jens

But for now only the user can view his/her wishlist so this shouldn't be an issue for guests. But it sounds like you have the guest/lookup wishlist by email working??? If so will you be posting the changes or an update?

Yes, I have created a Wish List Lookup for Guests... and Yes, I will try posting an update when time permits.

Hi

I was looking at your site, used the link under www. but I was not able to find any wishlist for guest and so on.

Well when are you uploading your "Wishlist Lookup for Guest".

This little but important feature would help all of us who are using wishlist 2.0 on MS1 and MS2.

Please do us all a favoure for Christmas and load your stuff up, so we can use it.

Thanks

rich

Hello Rich,

It works fine Thank's this part of the code is totally compatible with MS2

Fo guest issue I'll try to make some hack for the features Explained before but for now I'm overstuffed with admin and accounting (thx xmas! :angry:)

I think the best way is to create a new page where we can put a wishlist ID that will include the wishlist requested in the box.

But as I explained to have a nice fully featured wishlist, the trick is to be able to ad the item in the cart and restock the item in the wishlist if the item is not bought...

hint of the day ;) this has to do with the checkout_success and all the code can be hacked from the files.

Hello Rich,

It works fine Thank's this part of the code is totally compatible with MS2

Fo guest issue I'll try to make some hack for the features Explained before but for now I'm overstuffed with admin and accounting (thx xmas! :angry:)

Hello Alain

I am glad I was able to help a bit.

That with making wishlist avaliable to guest does sound great. I was hoping that ugottasalsa would post his code for the guest access, since he has a working version, but I guess he is to busy since Dec 12th... than I will see who is faster you or ugottasalsa.

Can you help me with my error message. I like to put this wishlist online and not unsinstall it and wait, wait, wait....

Cheers

Rich

Check out your code Rich...

I had the same problem and when I re-installed it, it worked...

Take a special attention to your includes/languages... file and add your code lines for application_top at the end of the file....

PS: obviously it comes from application_top (check your hack)

This is what appends oftenly when you are using mutiple language files... ;)

Check out your code Rich...

PS: obviously it comes from application_top (check your hack)

Hi Alain

Thanks, it was in the application_top.php file.

I have a file called lioni_application_top.php and their I place all the add ons in. This way I have an overview in the file and do not have to mess with the original one.

This time I placed the "define" statements in the lioni_application_top and the rest I placed direct into application_top.php.

Since I have the " require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'lioni_application_top.php');" at the end of the file, it caused the error message at the end.

I moved now the require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'lioni_application_top.php'); to the top of the file and everything is fine.

Simple things are sometimes difficult to see :D

Merry Christmas

Rich

Hi everyone.

I am rebuilding my shop--right now it's on a test server while I get everything working. It's MS2, and I've installed several mods--one of which is Infobox Admin. This modifies the contents of column_left and column_right so they no longer include any of their original code. I think I got around that difficulty, but I still have a problem.

When no user is logged in, the wishlist box on the bottom right gives the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by products_name' at line 1

select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id= order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

Note that when a user logs in, the box displays correctly.

Originally I had the same problem with application_top that a lot of folks had--the one with the duplicate cust_order. Got that fixed. Haven't tackled the 'add to wishlist' button adding stuff to the cart instead, but I know that solution is already in this thread somewhere.

If I http directly to wishlist.php, the screen is correctly drawn (after logging in).

I am considering scrapping what I have and starting this mod over with this thread in hand to make sure I get it all right. This is mod number 6 of about 20.

If you know a solution to the error above, I'd love to see it.

shris ;)

By the looks of the error, it seems that the customer_id= is not being posted. Without that, the query can't continue because its the only pattern ist has.

In the column file, first, it should be checking to see if the customer is logged in...

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');

This means that the Wish List box will ONLY be displayed if the customer is logged in.

If the customer is logged in, then this query at the top of the Wish List module file...

$wishlist_query_raw = "select * from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id order by products_name";

...can be completed because the Customer's session has already determined the value of $customer_id, which follows the customer via the session and can be called to anytime, as long as they remain logged in.

Hope this helps.

-R

I'm pretty sure (www.croppinparadise.com) that mine works for guests and registered users alike. I'm using 2.0, but haven't made any of the tweaks and such since I reposted with my few fixes a couple of months ago.

-jared

Yes, I have created a Wish List Lookup for Guests... and Yes, I will try posting an update when time permits.

Yes, please do!

As foe when to remove the item, If it can be done at checkout, that would be great. Otherwise, I would say to delete it when it is moved to the cart.

Just my $.02 B)

-Phil

Wishlist

:(

Crystal Tic Tac Toe Game

Price: $0.00

BOX_TEXT_MOVE_TO_CART | BOX_TEXT_DELETE

Send your wishlist to a friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, :P

You guys have done a great job putting this module together. I followed all the fixes listed here. The mod works fine as far as it functionality. There are still to issues that i have and i have not figured it out yet. Can anyone help me.

I have list both here, above, how do i remove (box text); and below the link that are sent in the email are not right. They do not show the cpath to the product, so it show products not found.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<_<

while ($resultarray=mysql_fetch_row($wishlist_query)) {

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER ."/catalog/product_info.php/products_id=".$resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

Find and replace with the one below

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER ."/catalog/product_info.php/products_id=".$resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

TRY THIS

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."product_info.php?products_id=" . $resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help with this one? I logged into my site and installed the mod. Appears to add products to the wishlist OK. Haven't tested much else yet because...

when i click "log out" I get this :-

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by products_name' at line 1

select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id= order by products_name

I can remove this problem by deleting the wishlist box (I'm using the Simple Template System) from the left hand column, and commenting out this line in application_top :-

define('FILENAME_WISHLIST', 'wishlist.php');

If I do this and log in, then uncomment that line and re-add the box, it all works fine.