• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

One idea would be to add a back or continue button to the Wishlist page, which could be pointed back to the previous page... Or...

Change the redirect statements in application_top and product_info.

In application_top, change this...

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));

To this...

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'add_wishlist'))));

Then, in product_info, change this...

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?>

To this...

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?>

The above code changes will add the item to the customers wishlist and keep them on the Product Page without being redirected to the wishlist page.

Hope this helps.

-R

Well... that was fabulous... Thank you, -R

Now maybe I can ask another question of you. I have added a form to products_all.php, actually the module (product_listing_all.php) that looks like this:

<form action="wishlist.php" action="add_wishlist" name="wishlist_quantity"  method="post">' . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist_p.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST) . '<br><input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="' . $listing['products_id'] . '"></form>

I couldn't get the below to work under any circumstance. Constant parse errors... :huh:

<?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?> 
          <?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info_values['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?>

My question is, how do I get the products_all.php to behave as the product_info.php redirecting back to itself with the first code box above?

I hope I am making sense...

My client wants their customers to be able to print a catalog directly from the site and I have it all setup but for the redirection stuff.

Thanks again....

Marg

I am encountering the same sort of issue. The Add to Wishlist works fine when only list a single product, but has problems when listing many products. I was able to get the Add to Wishlist buttons to appear, BUT, when the Add to Wishlist button is clicked, it was placing the last item on the page list to the wishlist instead of the item that I clicked to have added.

Some changes have to be made to the Wishlist query and subsequent product array that is displayed on the Listing pages. I'm a bit swamped right now with projects, but will hopefully tackle this issue in the very near future.

-R

I just found a MAJOR issue and want to get some suggestions on how to proceed.

But for now only the user can view his/her wishlist so this shouldn't be an issue for guests. But it sounds like you have the guest/lookup wishlist by email working??? If so will you be posting the changes or an update?

Marq, were can i find the printable catalog you have installed? I've found some but they didn't put items in printable format. Thx.

Not bad guys. Looks like the help in here is really good. Hopefully with all our different desires everyone can have a wishlist. Personally I think the wishlist should be integrated into OSC MS3. A wishlist is pretty nice upgrade.

As for the person concerned about malicious people getting sent a wishlist and then adding it all to a cart...well the wishlist sent is only links to the products. At this time it is in no way connected to the original persons wishlist. So if I send someone a wishlist they can do whatever they want with it but when I log in its not changed at all for the original sender. Hopefully it can be integrated where the wishlist is something attached to the sender. That way if something is bought for the original sender then its removed from the wishlist. At this time that's way above my coding skills. Basically the wishlist_send.php is just a hacked version of tell_a_friend.php that I connected to wishlist.

It works well enough.

Great job everyone.

But for now only the user can view his/her wishlist so this shouldn't be an issue for guests. But it sounds like you have the guest/lookup wishlist by email working??? If so will you be posting the changes or an update?

Yes, I have created a Wish List Lookup for Guests... and Yes, I will try posting an update when time permits.

I have customized and enhanced the Wish List contrib to basically duplicate the Amazon Wish List style, creating a default WishList page display for not logged-in Users. It gives a brief WishList greeting with Wish List recommendations, along with a box for Wish List lookup. Currently the lookup is only email based, but I plan to add in Name support also.

If the User is logged in, their Wish List is displayed instead of the recommended Wish List items for Users that are not logged in. Also, instead of a Wish List Lookup Box, a Send Your Wish List box is displayed.

This update is written based on osC MS2.

As far as removal of a product from your Wish List, with the existing version, if a friend purchases something on your Wish List, I guess the item is not removed unless the actual User removes it from their Wish List or purchases the item.

With this new version, guest access to Wish Lists has to be taken into account, as well as when to remove the item from the Wish List. I could use some suggestions as to how to handle this. Defender??? Vader???

When should the item be removed from the customers Wish List, or should the item be removed at all? Somehow, the item being purchased has to be flagged as a Wish List item, and for which Customer, so that the item can be removed from the correct Customers Wish List.

Let me know.

-R

I just found a MAJOR issue and want to get some suggestions on how to proceed.

Marq, were can i find the printable catalog you have installed? I've found some but they didn't put items in printable format. Thx.

You need to login using [email protected]/test url

Then you can see the wishlist. I have changed it to be a Printable Catalog.

I haven't given the infobox it's own place yet so it shows up in the "info" area.

Try again?

Marg

Let me know if you find issues?

Thanks,

Marg

Edited by Marg

With this new version, guest access to Wish Lists has to be taken into account, as well as when to remove the item from the Wish List. I could use some suggestions as to how to handle this. Defender??? Vader???

When should the item be removed from the customers Wish List, or should the item be removed at all? Somehow, the item being purchased has to be flagged as a Wish List item, and for which Customer, so that the item can be removed from the correct Customers Wish List.

Let me know.

-R

The wishlist product should be added to the cart by the guest but not removed from the wishlist until the checkout success page. This way if a guest/customer backs out, the wishlist item will not be removed. And if this is not doable then not having the item removed at all would be better than removing it and then the wishlist purchaser backout. The wishlist owner can always remove the product from his/her wishlist.

Marq, the add to printable catalog feature is nice. Is there an option to put all products in printable format without having to add each one manually?

Trying to install this again on a new site and I get the following error:

Parse error: parse error in /PathTo/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 435

Warning: main(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_DEFAULT): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /PathTo/catalog/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_DEFAULT' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /PathTo/catalog/index.php on line 33

The first error is right at the begining of the WishList. Any ideas???

Also where is this?

7. look for this line in /catalog/includes/column_right.php:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

now add this on the next line:

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');

I don't have that line in that file. I really wish I remembered how I did this the first time...

Wishlist

:(

Crystal Tic Tac Toe Game

Price: $0.00

BOX_TEXT_MOVE_TO_CART | BOX_TEXT_DELETE

Send your wishlist to a friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, :P

You guys have done a great job putting this module together. I followed all the fixes listed here. The mod works fine as far as it functionality. There are still to issues that i have and i have not figured it out yet. Can anyone help me.

I have list both here, above, how do i remove (box text); and below the link that are sent in the email are not right. They do not show the cpath to the product, so it show products not found.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<_<

$wishlist_query = tep_db_query($wishlist_query_raw);

while ($resultarray=mysql_fetch_row($wishlist_query)) {

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER ."/catalog/product_info.php/products_id=".$resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

Ok after literly hours of playing around I finaly got this to work except for seeing the e-mail feature. I tried the suggested fixes but still am not able to get it to work. Any other suggestions?

Are you saying that the "Send this wishlist to a friend" is not displaying in your wishlist?

Yes this is correct, the link send to friend in the wishlist area is not shown.

Also just noticed 2 other things. (must have been real tired last night for over looking these)

1. The left & right cornor images are in place. What file do I need to edit to remove them?

2. The add to wish list button is not in the same table as review, back & add to cart buttons.

Other then that things seem to work well.

Yes this is correct, the link send to friend in the wishlist area is not shown.

Also just noticed 2 other things. (must have been real tired last night for over looking these)

1.? The left & right cornor images are in place.? What file do I need to edit to remove them?

2.? The add to wish list button is not in the same table as review, back & add to cart buttons.

Other then that things seem to work well.

For the "Tell a friend" in wishlist.php, try this:

<?php
if ((($row / 2) == floor($row / 2))) {
?>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_black.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<?php
}
?>
<?php
}
?>
</tr>
</table> 
</td>

<!-- tell_a_friend //-->

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('tell_a_friend', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST_SEND, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
'align' => 'center',
'text' => tep_draw_input_field('send_to', '', 'size="20"') . ' ' . tep_image_submit('button_tell_a_friend.gif', BOX_TEXT) . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_ids', $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_ids']) . tep_hide_session_id() . '<br>' . BOX_TEXT);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?> </form>

<!-- tell_a_friend_eof //-->

<?php
if ($wishlist_numrows > 0 && (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2' || PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) {
?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

1. Please be more specific to which left and right corner images you are talking about. If you are talking about on the index page for "New Products", I don't recall which file to edit for I don't use them anymore.

2. Make sure you don't have <TR> and </TR> in there. Here is what my product_info.php looks like.

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td></form>
<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?> 
? ? ? ? ? <?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info_values['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?></td>
</form>

Edited by vadertech

I am going to have to go back through this entire thread and try again. When I did your stuff it placed objects in my shopping cart and not in the wishlist.

As for the left and right images, these are the images at the top of the wishlist box that give the top cornors the beveled effect.

Thanx

Are you using 2.0 or 2.01? I haven't installed 2.01 yet. If it is adding to your shopping cart then you are either missing a </form> tag or your wishlist button is before or above your add to cart button. I wanted my wishlist button between REVIEWS and ADD TO CART but it did as you described with adding to cart so I placed the code after the ADD TO CART button and that solved it. If that doesnt work check page 10-13 for where to place </form> tag.

Edited by vadertech