• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

Hi,

I seem to have this all installed and it looks ok, all except for the fact that when I click on "Add to Wishlist" it takes me to the wishlist page but doesn't add the product.

I have checked the </form> tags in my product_info.php, and then seem correct. I have two. Here is the section from product_info.php

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

The test site is atwww.foodlovers.co.nz/storetest

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
? ? ? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="main"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, substr(tep_get_all_get_params(), 0, -1)); ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS); ?></a>

</td>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></form></td>
<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
? ? 
? 

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right" class="main">
<?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?> 
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) 
echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info_values['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?></form>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table>

Claire

ICQ 730937

MSN [email protected]

Edited by girlgeek

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Try this:

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?></form>
                </td>

Matti

There seems to be a lot of great feedback about this wishlist...Unfortunately it does not work for me at the moment...There seems to be some workarounds that are being posted and once it is working adequately is it going to be reposted in the contributions section - cos like a lot of people do here, i am waiting for the final result with little or no errors....

thanks again to the author

regards

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Vader...This is what I have and it works fine:

<!-- tell_a_friend //-->
<?php

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('tell_a_friend', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST_SEND, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
                              'align' => 'center',
                              'text' => tep_draw_input_field('send_to', '', 'size="20"') . ' ' . tep_image_submit('button_tell_a_friend.gif', BOX_TEXT) . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_ids', $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_ids']) . tep_hide_session_id() . '<br>' . BOX_TEXT);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
</form>
<!-- tell_a_friend_eof //-->

Mine doesn't display either.  I can't even find a wishlist_send.php file in my downloaded mod.

Actually if you look at first step of readme.txt, wishlist_send is defined as wishlist_email.php.

define('FILENAME_WISHLIST_SEND', 'wishlist_email.php');

Unfortunately the wish list does not take into account product attributes, so when the product is added to the wishlist there are no attributes (sizes / colours etc) added with it.

So when you add something from the wishlist to your cart it cannot be added.

I will see what I can do about sorting this out.

also the wish list should definately be public, no point without that me thinks

I have to agree with Jesse on this one, but...The point that Vadertech has made about implementing the "Amazon" ability (for a guest) to view someone's wishlist by entering their (your customer) email address is a good idea as well.

Of course, this wouldn't be possible unless the guest was already informed by the site user that they actually HAVE a wishlist on your site.

Maybe this could be a "work around" the "Send wishlist to a friend" function of this contribution, or as an alternative to it. I think that no matter how you do it, either way will help generate more customers, and that's something we all want, right?

All of this would have to be done through the database somehow, I'm sure, in addition to adding/creating new php or a new php file for this...But how Amazon enables this feature is beyond my ability to emulate. :lol:

I am theorizing that the "tell a friend" is currently running only on MS1 shops. I'm running MS2, and have made some progress (at least the dialog shows up to email it) by moving the <!-- tell_a_friend //--> section to just ABOVE the lines:

<?php

if ($wishlist_numrows > 0 && (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2' || PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) {

?>

I don't know what this line does, but it seems to me that this code was not allowing the tell_a_friend section to ever execute.

So, now, after moving it, I have the following:

. . .

<?php

if ((($row / 2) == floor($row / 2))) {

?>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_black.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<?php

}

?>

<?php

}

?>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<!-- tell_a_friend //-->

<?php

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('tell_a_friend', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST_SEND, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),

'align' => 'center',

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('send_to', '', 'size="20"') . ' ' . tep_image_submit('button_tell_a_friend.gif', BOX_TEXT) . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_ids', $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_ids']) . tep_hide_session_id() . '<br>' . BOX_TEXT);

?> </form>

<?php

if ($wishlist_numrows > 0 && (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2' || PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

. . .

I'm not sure that it's actually sending the emails, though.

-jared

Vader...This is what I have and it works fine:

<!-- tell_a_friend //-->
<?php

'align' => 'center',

?>
</form>

Jeff -- will you please post your wishlist_email.php? I did a "view source" on your page, and one on mine, and they were different --

Mine:

<td><form name="email_friend" action="http://www.croppinparadise.com/wishlist_email.php?action=process&products_id=" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="products_name"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

Yours: td><form name="email_friend" action="http://www.videogamedeals.com/wishlist_email.php/action/process/products_id/" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="products_name" value=""><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

I'm trying to make mine like yours right now . . .

-jared

Hi,

Thanks for your help, it is now working. For anyone still struggling with it, here is the code from my product_info.php:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
             <tr>
           <td class="main"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, substr(tep_get_all_get_params(), 0, -1)); ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS); ?></a>

</td>
           <td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></form></td>
<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
<!-- wishlist mod added 02/12/03 -->         

<td align="right" class="main">
<?php
echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?> 

<?php 
if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) 
echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?>

</td> </form>

<!-- end wishlist mod added 02/12/03 -->

</tr>
       </table>

Only problem I'm having now is that the email is plain text, and all on one line (no carriage returns), but I'll see if I can do anything with that!

Claire

Thanks, Claire!

Does anyone have this *completely* working on MS2? I (and a few others, from the posts here) seem to be able to get all working _except_ for the email. It doesn't email out a thing.

I'm still trying . . .

-jared

sorry -- my request for posting personal source to wishlist_email.php was not intended for Jeff, but defender39 (Jesse), who has graciously allowed us to see "how it's supposed to work" with a test account on his site.

The email from here indeed works, but when I "view source" on the web page that's supposed to send the email, my server differs from the working server.

I'm trying to figure out how to massage the .php to get mine to be the same "view source" as Jesse's, but I'm not sure if that'll work exactly either.

Jesse / Jeff - if either of you can post your wishlist_email.php, I'm sure that more than just me would appreciate it.

-jared

Part of having a wishlist is that a person has to register in order to return and see it again.

Wishlists are for return customers.

I disagree. Amazon isn't making any money from me registering or viewing the wishlist. It makes money from me purchasing items from the wishlist. The wishlist should be a teaser to get the customer to spend money. If the wishlist is only for a "registered person", why not make all the products only viewable to registered customers. I wouldn't want my customers to have to register just to view products nor should they have to register to view a wishlist. A wishlist is a marketing tool just like New Products, Featured Products and Specials. These are all added to not just attract "registered" customers, but make money.

Hi,

After playing around with the email a bit, I realised it actually sends HTML, so I used <br> tags to space things out correctly.

Has anyone had any success with making the links clickable in the email?

Claire

Of all those who have this mod completely working, are any on MS2?

I just can't seem to get the emails to send, nor see any reason why they aren't sending . . .

Thanks!

Never mind. Mine has probably been working all along, it seems. For some reason, my server is not sending email to a particular domain -- other domains work fine. So, when I tried to send to other domains, it worked just like a charm!

-jared