• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

I just grabbed the button code from the M1 product_info.php and pluged in the line of code for the Wishlist button.  Then I pasted it  into my M2 product_info.php and it just worked.

Yeah, but where did you put the coding exactly?

When anyone fixes something please tell how you did it instead of I fixed it and here it is. I haven't downloaded or looked at MS1 or the M1 product_info.php file. What's the changes if any.

Edited by beardeddone

Best Regards

I am still having trouble with my split_page_results, even with using Matti's code, in place of the original. It keeps the "email list" code from being displayed in the page and the wishlist does not paginate.

I am still having trouble with my split_page_results, even with using Matti's code, in place of the original. It keeps the "email list" code from being displayed in the page and the wishlist does not paginate.

I was able to get this installed and running, but I'm having the same problem with not getting the "email list" code to display.

I'd appreciate it if someone could post a known working wishlist.php file.

By the way, the email itself seems to work for me, if I go to wishlist_email.php, I can send a reasonable email with the wishlist contents. Over time, this can be improved, but out of the box, not bad at all.

BeardedOne - I'm running a template system, so mine is a bit different. You should be able to find the add to cart button, and paste it in afterwards. It didn't work for me if I had the wishlist button before the add to cart button, due to the way the form tags are arranged.

The first few lines are the add to cart code, use this as a reference to find it in your product_info.php file, and then add the wishlist lines. Don't forget the /form tag after the add to cart. (Note: I also have a quantity mod in my cart routine, you can skip this if you want ; )

<td class="main" align="center">Quantity: <input type="text" name="quantity" value="1" maxlength="4" size="4"><br><br>
   <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

</form>

<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?> 
          <?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info_values['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?></td>

Dan

Dan Stevens

I was able to get this installed and running, but I'm having the same problem with not getting the "email list" code to display.

I'd appreciate it if someone could post a known working wishlist.php file.

By the way, the email itself seems to work for me, if I go to wishlist_email.php, I can send a reasonable email with the wishlist contents. Over time, this can be improved, but out of the box, not bad at all.

BeardedOne - I'm running a template system, so mine is a bit different. You should be able to find the add to cart button, and paste it in afterwards. It didn't work for me if I had the wishlist button before the add to cart button, due to the way the form tags are arranged.

The first few lines are the add to cart code, use this as a reference to find it in your product_info.php file, and then add the wishlist lines. Don't forget the /form tag after the add to cart. (Note: I also have a quantity mod in my cart routine, you can skip this if you want ; )

?<td class="main" align="center">Quantity: <input type="text" name="quantity" value="1" maxlength="4" size="4"><br><br>
? ?<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

? ?</form>

? ?<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?> 
? ? ? ? ? <?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info_values['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?></td>

Dan

I don't know if it was the extra line, but it works with your code, I used it all.

Thanks

Best Regards

I inserted my Wishlist code right above this text to get my product_info.php page to display the buttons and work properly. This is in my MS2 installation.

I hope this helps.

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

Sorry I couldnt have made the mod better...its really my first one. With all the mods I have installed and the work I had to put into this one...well..its not an easy install but its also really doable.

Keep posting your problems...we will get everyones to work I am sure.

As for the email problem. I have no idea...mine is perfect. Does your display box on wishlist_email.php have the correct products but when you email it ..it is wrong? Did you say MS2 or MS1?

At this point most of us are running heavily modded MS1. I fear and desire the day of MS3.

With the email problem this is what I get. I have 3 products in my wishlist. They are the 3 bottom products listed with their titles, but above them they are listed as you can see.

I'm running a MS2 store that has quit a few mods also, but I didn't do anything to my wishlist_email.php file.

My Wishlist is:

http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/product_info.php?products_id=394

http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/product_info.php?products_id=390

http://www.ixxxxxxxx.com/product_info.php?products_id=394

http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/product_info.php?products_id=392

http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/product_info.php?products_id=390

http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/product_info.php?products_id=392

Old Time Car Metal Art Sculpture

http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/product_info.php?products_id=390

Tractor Metal Art Sculpture

http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/product_info.php?products_id=392

Waterball Angels

http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/product_info.php?products_id=394

Johnson:

You have some nice mods, but your documentation on installing leave nothing to be desired, I guess you don't realize that some of us are heavily modded to start with and searching thru countless files for coding is useless thus making your mods useless for me.

I need the changes documented in the readme.txt or install.txt file in order to use them.

I sleep on average four hours per night, so, if you could find the time, please re-document the contributions and upload them. :blink:

Thankyou,

Matti

It needs to be changed to

</form>
?
[SIZE=1][COLOR=gray]<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?> 
          <?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info_values['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?></td>
</table></td>

This is what I did and its working fine for me and shows wishlist button on the same line

PART ONE in product_info.php

<tr class="infoBoxContents">

<td ><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td></form>

<td align="right" class="main">

<?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?>

<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info_values['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?>

</td></form>[/size]

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>[/color]

PART TWO in product_info.php

<!-- body_eof //-->

</td></tr>

<!-- footer //-->

Let me know if I am wrong.

Edited by aalishan

This is what I did and its working fine for me and shows wishlist button on the same line

PART ONE in product_info.php

<tr class="infoBoxContents">

<td ><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td></form> <td align="right" class="main">

<?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist')); ?>

<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info_values['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST); ?>

</td></form>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

PART TWO in product_info.php

<!-- body_eof //-->

</td></tr>

<!-- footer //-->

Let me know if I am wrong.

After a few initial "common" errors (the meta.php and coolmenu.php, "</form>" issues, etc), I was able to get this great contribution up-and-running in no time.

However, I'm running into one more problem and I have one question about the "send wishlist to a friend" function:

My Problem...

When I send the wishlist, upon receiving it there are two "errors". First, the link to the product isn't a link at all, and merely appears in plain text form, in the body of the e-mail itself. Is this supposed to be like this?

Secondly, and more importantly, the "link" itself does NOT display the full path (URL) to the product. Example:

E-mail "link": http://bluefiregifts.com/product_info.php/products_id/6

Actual link: http://bluefiregifts.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=3_11&products_id=6

Unfortunately, this problem renders the contribution useless for the customer, doesn't it?

My Question...

On the actual wishlist page at the bottom where the input box for the friend's e-mail is located, wouldn't this be better used as a link or button (and remove the input box) to the wishlist_email.php, for example, "To send your wishlist to a friend, click here"?

I think it might be more user-friendly this way, but maybe that's just me. :)

Can someone please help me with this e-mail/link problem? Thanks.

Can someone please help me with this e-mail/link problem? Thanks.

I did post here regarding this - a fix for the actual URL - but I believe that the mail is not html - I do not have time to look into this further :(

Matti

I would love to get rid of the input box or at least take the wishlist out of it. This code was done rather quickly and I spent way too much time on it as it was.

To fix your path problem..

about line 48

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER ."/product_info.php/products_id/".$resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

add /store to the front of product_info.php

Jesse,

This change does not work and results in this (in the email):

http://bluefiregifts.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/6

This, of course, leads to "product not found".

See my last email on this for the exact link that should have been sent while testing this...This contribution is useless to a customer if the correct URL isn't being sent.

Just to be more clear:

I have tried Matti's suggestion as well, but that does not work either.

In my wishlist_email.php is this (LINES 41-48):

<?

$wishliststring = "My Wishlist: \n\n";

$wishlist_query_raw = "select tab2.products_id, tab1.products_name from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " as tab2, products_description as tab1 WHERE tab2.customers_id=$customer_id and tab1.products_id = tab2.products_id order by products_name";

$wishlist_query = tep_db_query($wishlist_query_raw);

while ($resultarray=mysql_fetch_row($wishlist_query)) {

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER ."/shop/product_info.php?products_id/".$resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

}

?>

I have tried removing "/shop" as well, but it still does not work.

There seems to be a problem involving the full category path NOT being sent in the email, but I'll be damned if I know where or how to fix this.

Is this an array issue? Or is this simply lacking the right query? (Sorry, I've only just been introduced to php/css/mysql after finding the osCommerce download, but I'm trying to learn ;) )

The correct, FULL URL for the product that I'm testing is:

http://bluefiregifts.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=3_11&products_id=6

I hope this doesn't end-up being another uninstalled contribution, because this is certainly one of the better contributions that's been made available by and for osCommerce users.

(Maybe I'm just impatient because "go time" is in the not-too-distant future :) )

Thanks for helping.

Okay, I'm opening my mouth and inserting my foot :blink: :

I changed this:

/shop/product_info.php?products_id/

To this:

/shop/product_info.php?products_id=

Sorry, Matti...I guess I overlooked the "=" in your fix.

Thanks for your help, Jesse and Matti. :D

I am still having issues with in application_top.php It looks like I already have a case 'cust_order' for the shopping cart. It gives me a parse error. How can I get around this?

My question besides getting it to work correctly is, Can anyone see your wishlist? Like a guest? If not, it doesnt do much good to have a wishlist if no one other than yourself can view it.

Vadertech,

I had the same problem with two 'cust_order'. You can't have two of them so what you'll need to do is open your application_top.php and look for the FIRST instance of 'cust_order' (mine was around line 400) and delete it completely. The following is what needs to go:

? ? ?case 'cust_order' : ? ? if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'], 'NONSSL'));
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'],$cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])+1);
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?}
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?}
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters), 'NONSSL'));
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?break;
? ?}
?}

Next, just follow the install instructions for this file change and add this (you should already have this in the install instructions included with this contribution) to where you just deleted the above (again, this was line 400 in the editor I use, so yours may be different):

//beginning of wishlist
? ? ?case 'cust_order' : ? ? if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid']));
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
?$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])+1);
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?}
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));

// Add product to the wishlist 

? ? ?case 'add_wishlist' : ?if (ereg('^[0-9]+$', $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?if ?($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) { 
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " (customers_id, products_id, products_model, products_name, products_price) values ('" . $customer_id . "', '" . $products_id . "', '" . $products_model . "', '" . $products_name . "', '" . $products_price . "' )"); 
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?} 

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));
? ? ? ?break;
? ? 
? ? // Add wishlist item to the cart
case 'wishlist_add_cart': reset ($lvnr);
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? reset ($lvanz);
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? while (list($key,$elem) =each ($lvnr))
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?(list($key1,$elem1) =each ($lvanz));
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " SET products_quantity=$elem1 WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$elem");
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_quantity='999'");
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?$produkte_mit_anzahl=tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$elem AND products_quantity<>'0'");

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?while ($HTTP_POST_VARS=mysql_fetch_array($produkte_mit_anzahl))
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?{
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? $cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_quantity']);
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? }
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?}
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?reset ($lvanz);
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));

// remove item from the wishlist
///// CHANGES TO case 'remove_wishlist' BY DREAMSCAPE /////
? ? ?case 'remove_wishlist' :
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? break; ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ?// performed by the 'buy now' button in product listings and review page
? ? ?case 'buy_now' : ? ? ? ?if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$products_id"); }
? ? ? ? if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], 'NONSSL'));
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+1);

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ?}
?}

//end of wishlist

As far as anyone being able to see a customer's wishlist, well...The only one able to see the wishlist would be the customers themselves. Of course, the customer would need to be logged-in to see their wishlist. And the "Send wishlist to a friend" function of this contribution is what would allow someone else to see what's on the customer's wishlist (items are sent as direct links to the items) through email.

I'm not sure why you'd ever want a guest to view someone else's wishlist on your site, unless a customer sends them an email of the actual wishlist...Maybe I've misunderstood you, but allowing a guest to view other site users' information, without their permission, wouldn't instill very much trust in your site, would it?

Edited by jwsfun

No you understood me correctly. I think a guest seeing your wishlist is part of what a wishlist is supposed to be. Check out amazon.com. My wife has several hundred items in her wishlist which i use for special occasions to purchase items that she wants. I can enter her email address without being logged in and see everything she has in her wishlist. This is a great feature. Also, what if I want to put something like a "wishlist donation" on my website where people can buy things from my wishlist rather than send money and not have to be hassled by creating an account just to view it.

As for security, there is no security risk in someone viewing my wishlist.

Thx for fix, i havent tried it yet but i will report if it works or not.

Edited by vadertech

I added the fix but the problem now is when i add something to wishlist, it just adds it to the shopping cart.

I tried adding another </form> in product_info.php but I get the error below.

1146 - Table '*******_catalog.TABLE_WISHLIST' doesn't exist

delete from TABLE_WISHLIST where products_id = '1508' and customers_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

You might be missing the following in wishlist.php...Look for this (around lines139-149) and add </form> at the end:

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('tell_a_friend', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST_SEND, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),

'align' => 'center',

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('send_to', '', 'size="20"') . ' ' . tep_image_submit('button_tell_a_friend.gif', BOX_TEXT) . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_ids', $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_ids']) . tep_hide_session_id() . '<br>' . BOX_TEXT);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</form>

I understand what you mean about the Amazon feature. I'm a long-time Amazon user/customer (way back when the likes of Border's, Target, and Toys 'R Us were nowhere near being even remotely interested in such an "upstart" website) and they've grown to be such a good presence and reliable business on the net that few can hope to ever join their ranks (eBay is trying to, but is so wrapped-up in itself that I'll be surprised if it doesn't implode one day).

Anyway, having the ability to enter someone else's e-mail address (to view their wishlist) would entail, I think, not only a user-friendly "upgrade" to your site but this would have to be integrated into your database somehow as well.

You're on to a good idea here...I just wish I was more experienced at php and mysql to give it a shot myself...

Good luck :).

Edited by jwsfun