• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

Hi,

I've just installed the contrib. It was just what I needed! Lots of thanks to the developpers!

I do have a supplementary question.

Has anyone already found a smart way to link an order made from a wishlist to the customer that created the wishlist?

It can be in the database or in the confirmation e-mail or whatever. I want to track the orders that are made from specific wishlist's so that I can give the customers that made the list a discount based on the number of items their friends bought of the list.

Best regards, Sacha

• 3 weeks later...

wishlist and master/slave contribs.

I have wishlist installed and working except for one minor glitch. With master/slave products installed and keeping other contribs (sppc and affiliates) working, I can add to the wishlist, but it won't pass any product options.

I've gone through all the pages in this support thread looking for changes to the submit routine and tried all I could find. Most of the changes passed nothing, or added the product to the cart.

has anyone gotten these 2 contributions to work together, or have any suggestions on changing the submit code to pass product options properly to the wishlist?

TIA

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

• 2 weeks later...
hi all.

is it possible to have other people see the wishlist on the site (but not modify it).

instead of emailing the list to people, is it posible to have the wishlist viewable by people so that the creator of the list can just tell people where to go to view the list.

Ahh buggers... I did not realize that was not possible. <_<

It sure would be a nice feature to add to the wishlist.

Let's say grandson has a birthday coming up or even Christmas (or other holiday).

Grandson makes a wishlist at... let's say my hobby shop.

The grandson sends out an email to his grandparents (and everyone else) as to where his list is.

Then the family can buy the items using their own cart.

Other places have such a wishlist setup, examples: Bass Pro Shops, Amazon, Cabela's, Great Models Webstore, etc...

The wishlist is writeable with a username and password... correct?

How can it be made readable with just a username? That's really all it would take to at least see it and click on the item links.

I hope someone can help figure this out... :-"

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function count_wishlist() on a non-object in /home/content/b/e/c/bec/html/seo/includes/column_right.php on line 23

I search in the forum and the bug fix for this error is included in the install.

This error aren't display on Internet Explorer, it only show on Firefox.

I'm using oscommerce 2.2 rc2a and wishlist 4.1

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Edited by PiLLaO

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, great contribution! I just thought I would post a CSS alternative to the wishlist infobox that I wrote to fit in with the CSS Infoboxes contribution in case anyone like me uses both contributions:

<?php
/*
 $Id: wishlist.php,v 3.0  2005/04/20 Dennis Blake
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require_once(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_WISHLIST);

?>

<!-- wishlist //-->
<div class="column">
<div class="column_header">
	<div class="column_header_right"><h4><?php echo BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '  ' . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST), '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'infobox/arrow_right.gif', ICON_ARROW_RIGHT) . '</a>';?></h4></div>
</div>
<?php
if (is_array($wishList->wishID) && !empty($wishList->wishID)) {
	reset($wishList->wishID);

if (count($wishList->wishID) < MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_BOX) {

$wishlist_box = "	<ol>\n";
	$counter = 1;

while (list($wishlist_id, ) = each($wishList->wishID)) {
			$wishlist_id = tep_get_prid($wishlist_id);

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from (" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $wishlist_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");
			$products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);

$wishlist_box .= "		<li>" . $counter . ". ";
			$wishlist_box .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $products['products_name'] . '</a></li>' . "\n";

$counter++;
		}
		$wishlist_box .= "	</ol>\n";
	} else {
		$wishlist_box = "	<ul>\n		<li>" . sprintf(TEXT_WISHLIST_COUNT, count($wishList->wishID)) . "</li>\n	</ul>\n";
	}
 } else {
	$wishlist_box = "	<ul>\n		<li>" . BOX_WISHLIST_EMPTY . "</li>\n	</ul>\n";
 }

echo $wishlist_box;
?>
</div>
<!-- wishlist_eof //-->

Joe

MacMan strikes again!

Always backup first before listening to me!

Apologies, I appear to have posted the above in the 2.0 support thread when it should go in the 3.0. Please can an admin remove my post and I will re-post in 3.0. Sorry for this.

:blush:

Joe

MacMan strikes again!

Always backup first before listening to me!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Ahh buggers... I did not realize that was not possible. <_<

It sure would be a nice feature to add to the wishlist.

Let's say grandson has a birthday coming up or even Christmas (or other holiday).

Grandson makes a wishlist at... let's say my hobby shop.

The grandson sends out an email to his grandparents (and everyone else) as to where his list is.

Then the family can buy the items using their own cart.

Other places have such a wishlist setup, examples: Bass Pro Shops, Amazon, Cabela's, Great Models Webstore, etc...

The wishlist is writeable with a username and password... correct?

How can it be made readable with just a username? That's really all it would take to at least see it and click on the item links.

I hope someone can help figure this out... :-"

In addition to this it would be great if we could include the wishlist images in the email sent. I am not a bigtime developer like some of you, but if I manage to get some interesting things working on my end, I will post them.

To take the viewers ability to make changes to the public wishlist and have it only available to view, in wishlist_public.php delete these lines:

<td class="productListing-heading" align="center"><?php echo BOX_TEXT_SELECT; ?></td> (about line 138)

<td valign="top" class="productListing-data" align="center"><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('add_wishprod[]',$wishlist['products_id']); ?></td> (about line 209)

<tr><td align="right"><br /><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', 'Add to Cart', 'name="add_prod" value="add_prod"'); ?></td></tr> (about line 219)

That will remove their ability to select items and add to cart and will serve as just a viewable wishlist that cannot be altered. Any help on adding selected images to the wishlist email sent?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to create diferent wishlists based on session_id??

what about?

CREATE TABLE `customers_wishlist` (
 `wishlist_id` tinytext collate latin1_spanish_ci NOT NULL,
 `products_id` tinytext collate latin1_spanish_ci NOT NULL,
 `customers_id` int(13) NOT NULL default '0'
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_spanish_ci;

and then manage them like screen account_history.php but in this case for the wishlist.

In other hand I need to extract the total price of the items in whislist.

Something like this cart code:

<?php echo SUB_TITLE_SUB_TOTAL; ?><?php echo $currencies->format($cart->show_total()); ?>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi ive installed wishlist 2.0 and stuggled to get it working. managed to get it to not add the product to the shopping cart. But now its not adding it to the wishlist.

checked the database and nothing is going in there..

also added a product in the dtabase through phpmyadmin and it still doesnt show.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by tikidiboo

Need help with this issue.

All works fine except for this.

When customer adds a product to wishlist is going right but if he remains in idle his sessions ends after 10minutes and he must login again, but the wishlisted product disapeared!!

Clicking on Wishlist says "there is no products in your wishlist".

But looking in database the wishlisted product is there.

product_id | customer_id

1288 | 33

anybody?

Edited by bhbilbao

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

HI, I have wishlist 2 installed, I add 1 extra field in my customer_wishlist table call categories_id, I want my customer be able to sort the wishlist by categories.

I change the insert query from

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " (customers_id, products_id) values ('" . $customer_id . "', '" . $wishlist_id . "')");

to

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " (customers_id, products_id, categories_id) values ('" . $customer_id . "', '" . $wishlist_id . "', '" . $top_category_id . "')");

include/classes/wishlist.php

since I only want to insert the top category to wishlist table, I add the following code under product_info.php page to show the category_id

$cPath = implode('_', $cPath_array);
$top_category_id = strtok($cPath, '_');
echo $top_category_id;

before the

</form>

It does shows the top category id correctly under the products_info.php, but the sql query doesn't insert the $top_category_id to the table.

Can somebody tell me how fix this problem?

Thank you

ken

Edited by ken0306

• 11 months later...

Hola @@Tsimi,

installed this version of Tsimi for use with osCommerce Bootstrap GOLD and EDGE version, which EDGE is my version.

Upload new files, made modificaciones to excisting files and do what must do in admin.

When hit the Catalog -> Featured Products got this : 

Featured Products
1146 - Table 'hellcars_BS4.featured' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from products p, featured f, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = f.products_id

The manual says : There are no manual database changes. Everything will be installed automatically with the content module.

when i wanted to login in the admin with other browser : 

1146 - Table 'hellcars_BS4.featured' doesn't exist

select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, p.products_date_added, pd.products_name from products p left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join featured f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand() DESC limit 6

[TEP STOP]

I checked double files are in correct places, codes also.

Dont know why, deleted everything & go back to normal

@@SpicyGirl

Search for Wishlist BS in the addons area. That is the latest version. The EDGE development is proceeding fast and therefore some addons might need some small adjustments.

Regarding yous featured products issue. Did you install the module in the admin section?

Edited by Tsimi

Thanks @@Tsimi, will check, despite the addon area is messed up. Time to clean up that area and to have a section for BS

Dont know anymore, install everything like it is in the install directories.

Meantime I installed without hassle the version of Jim Kymation.

Sorry

I have the latest Whishlist version, installed & works, but found some different codes.

Thats why I informed you, so that you know there are differences between Gold & Edge

regards

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have the addon Wish List revision 4 for osCommerce 2.3 installed on my osc2.3.4
But when I click the Add to wishlist button in my product_info page, it redirect me the wishlist page without adding the product to the list.

Any idea what could it be ?

Thank you