• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

Basically what you are saying is that "if a product has no options, go to Master" and "if product has options, go to prodct"? This voids the purpose of setting a Master-Slave relationship. The choice here is to not have a master for items with options, or add options to product listing when pulling a category, thereby changing the basic action of a buy now in catalog/includes/modules/product_listing[_col].php. You would also need to alter the shopping cart options in catalog/includes/application_top.php and possible also classes and functions. The second option is possible, but not very desirable for obvious reasons.

Thanks,

Not quite

All slaves is behaving like a normal product = 99% except when slave product got attribute.

My shop now is displaying slave e.g. from index.php side, when user clicks it takes them to product master, from there showing all the other slaves customer is able to select attribute for his intended product

(What is weird my localhost with exact file match works correct in that way but is not adding attribute to product for some reason)

Let me put example 1st product here got attribute and then takes customer to master product

The second product listed also got attributes but is not a slave and takes us to the correct page, can we do all the slave products this way?

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Thanks,

Not quite

All slaves is behaving like a normal product = 99% except when slave product got attribute.

My shop now is displaying slave e.g. from index.php side, when user clicks it takes them to product master, from there showing all the other slaves customer is able to select attribute for his intended product

(What is weird my localhost with exact file match works correct in that way but is not adding attribute to product for some reason)

Let me put example 1st product here got attribute and then takes customer to master product

The second product listed also got attributes but is not a slave and takes us to the correct page, can we do all the slave products this way?

There probably are several ways, Gergely probably has a better solution than I. If it were me, I would look under //Shopping Cart Actions in application_top.php, uder the subsection //customer adds a product from the products page to find the code that sends a product with attributes to the product page and write an exception for slaves with options/attributes to redirect to the product instead of the Master. This would be the most direct and not require manipulation of any other pages.

hth

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

There probably are several ways, Gergely probably has a better solution than I. If it were me, I would look under //Shopping Cart Actions in application_top.php, uder the subsection //customer adds a product from the products page to find the code that sends a product with attributes to the product page and write an exception for slaves with options/attributes to redirect to the product instead of the Master. This would be the most direct and not require manipulation of any other pages.

hth

George

Ok, I'm going to abandon and restore a backup till I can figure out for now

Ok, I'm going to abandon and restore a backup till I can figure out for now

Here's an update. To enter a product with options/attributes directly to the shopping cart requires alteration of your catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php and catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php and, if used, catalog/includes/modules/special_products.php, and if you have all products you would have to look at the product listing file for that contribution. Also, if you have buy_now buttons in catalog/products_new.php and catalog/specials.php you will need to alter these pages as well.

The main alteration to the above pages consists of inserting the code to choose options found in catalog/includes/modules/master_listing.php. This will allow the user to choose options from a drop-down menu, and pass the option/attribute variables in $HTTP_GET_VARS[] ($_GET[] for those who have gone to the trouble to replace deprecated code) when the buy-now button is pressed.

Then, change any instances (in sql calls or buy-now code) of 'product_to_buy_id' to 'products_id' which will skip the code in application_top that sends products with attributes purchased form these pages to product_info.php instead of adding the products directly to the cart.

This should be a fairly straight forward update as you are basically replacing the code in the files above with that found in catalog/includes/modules/master_listing with only minor changes.

Although I see some value to these changes and will probably implement them, I am not putting the code changes here due to the number of files that need to be altered. This would have to be an add-on to the Master-Slave contribution.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

George - Gergely: So far so good.

Seeing only one problem now after couple of changes as in previous posts above.

Where can I start to find problem - when I got product with/without attribute, slave or normal - it will always add 2 products no matter the quantity selected,

but when slave product is showing together with master, attributes adds up correctly to amount specified in input boxes as well as master product quantity

Any help on this

Something telss me it's from this piece of code - application_top.php

case 'remove_product' : if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
                               $cart->remove($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);
                               }
                               tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
                               break;
//Master Products
       // customer adds multiple products from the master_listing page
       case 'add_slave' :
       // Master Products modification if attributes needed
                               while ( list( $key, $val ) = each( $HTTP_POST_VARS ) ) {
                               if (substr($key,0,11) == "Qty_ProdId_" && ($val !== 0)) {
                               $prodId = substr($key,11);

$qty = (is_numeric($val) ? $val : 0);  // prevent injection
                               if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]) && is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"])) {
                                       // We have attributes
                                       $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($prodId, $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]))+$qty, $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]);
                               } else {
                                       if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["products_id"]) && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) {
                                       // We have attributes with normal product only
                                       if ($prodId == $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) {
                                       $attributes = $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'];
                                       } else {
                                       $attributes = $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"];
                                       }
                                       $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($prodId, $attributes))+$qty, $attributes);
                                       } else {
                                       // No attributes and normal products
                                       $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity($prodId)+$qty);
                                       }
                               }
                               }
                               }

break;
//Master Products EOF

// performed by the 'buy now' button in product listings and review page
     // BOF: XSell
     case 'buy_now' :        if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id'])) {
							if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id'])) {
							  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id']));
							} else {
							  $cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id'])+1);
							}
                             } elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
// EOF: XSell
                               if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
                                 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));
                               } elseif (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_quantity'])) {
				$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+$HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_quantity']);
			} else {
//modification to add quantity instead of 1 
if($HTTP_POST_VARS['buyqty']=="") {
$quantity = 1;
}else{
$quantity = $HTTP_POST_VARS['buyqty'];							
}
//end of modification to add quantity instead of 1

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+$quantity);
                               }
                             }
                             break;
     case 'notify' :  

Ok, above solve in application_top.php :thumbsup:

Last one(hopefully), When in shopping_cart.php - product got attributes(product is not slave or master)is showing in cart, the product link takes us to http://localhost/oti/product_info.php?products_id=416{12}128&osCsid=is3muihnaklc07nfhd16hl00m3

So when clicked on product from shopping cart - takes me to above link and shows error above product and right column missing(stopped loading on error)

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{12}128' at line 1

select products_id from products where products_master = 416{12}128

[TEP STOP]

I did removed MP edit for shopping_cart.php, no change

Any help on his please

First, I would like to thank those responsible for this contribution. It is something I have wanted for a while but was unaware existed until recently...

I have it largely installed and am able to make the relationships just fine. When I assign a product as a slave, however, the search does not show that it exists nor does the category listing.

Can someone please explain to me why the search was even changed?

Can someone also please give me a clue as to why the category listing would exclude slaves?

Are both of these normal behavior?

I have one other quandry... Why does the SQL script add products_master as a varchar(255)? Shouldn't it be int(11)?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I have the contribution installed and have been playing with it some. I have a parts store that sells engine parts, clutch parts, etc.

What I would like to be able to do is have the slave products show up as slaves under the master, but also to remain as a individual product.

Is there anyway to do this?

V2.2 RC2 of osCommerce.

I have the contribution installed and have been playing with it some. I have a parts store that sells engine parts, clutch parts, etc.

What I would like to be able to do is have the slave products show up as slaves under the master, but also to remain as a individual product.

Is there anyway to do this?

V2.2 RC2 of osCommerce.

You can have products under different categories and under multiple masters. The very nature of having a master product is to round up all the associated (slave) products and display them together in one list. If you need more information about a product to display, I did a pop-up window add-on for Master Slave some time back that works very well and is a relatively easy install. This will allow your customer to click on the product and have a pop-up window that will actually display info as though the product were a separate listing. They then close the window to order from your slave list.

It is listed under the Master/slave contribution if you are interested. It will work with PHP 4.x - 5.3.x, register-globals on or off.

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have scanned the thread and can not seem to find the answer to my problem.

In this piece of code:

if ($master_check['products_master_status'] > 0 || $master_check['products_master'] == 0 || $master_check['products_restricted_status'] = 0) {

echo tep_draw_form('buy_now_', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_slave'));

} else {

echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'));

}

How do I combine 'action=add_product' and 'action=add_slave' into one action so it adds both master and slave to the cart with one click.

Is this even possible???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

I installed master products the best I could, and I am having some problems. I created a master and assigned some slaves. However, when I browse products, I see the master and slaves listed together, when I should only see the master. When I click on any of these, I get the description that the master product has, but I don't get any option to select a slave for checkout.

I don't even know where to start. What files need fixing?

ps. I gave up on altering new_products.php, as there were too many conflicts and I don't even use the new_products feature anyway.

Edited by mraeryceos

I installed master products the best I could, and I am having some problems. I created a master and assigned some slaves. However, when I browse products, I see the master and slaves listed together, when I should only see the master. When I click on any of these, I get the description that the master product has, but I don't get any option to select a slave for checkout.

I don't even know where to start. What files need fixing?

ps. I gave up on altering new_products.php, as there were too many conflicts and I don't even use the new_products feature anyway.

I need a little more info to see if I can help. What version of osCommerce are you using, and what version of the M/S contribution did you install?

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

I need a little more info to see if I can help. What version of osCommerce are you using, and what version of the M/S contribution did you install?

George, it is MP MS2 1.25, on top of osCmax 2.0.25. I have someone that is a better programmer working on it, and I'm sure they don't need help. I appreciate your prompt reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

thanks for your great work.

I got this Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1 and installed Master Products and Magic Variants for OSCOM V2.3x

Version 2.0.

The problem is, that when I) add the "normal" product attributes ("Send product as a gift" - yes/no as radio buttons), the "buy now" - Button doesnt work anymore,

redirects me to the product instead of to the shopping cart.

This piece of code in application_top does the redirect if there are attributes:

case 'buy_now' :        if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));
                               } else {
                                 $cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+1);
                               }
                             }
                             break;

Why does it redirect if a master has attributes ???

I tried this, but it doesnt add a product, just shows an empty cart:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], 1);
						  }
                             break;

What code do I have to change to make it work ?

best wishes from Germany

Bernd

Hi Guys,

I have scanned the thread and can not seem to find the answer to my problem.

In this piece of code:

if ($master_check['products_master_status'] > 0 || $master_check['products_master'] == 0 || $master_check['products_restricted_status'] = 0) {

echo tep_draw_form('buy_now_', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_slave'));

} else {

echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'));

}

How do I combine 'action=add_product' and 'action=add_slave' into one action so it adds both master and slave to the cart with one click.

Is this even possible???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Off the top of my head maybe modify the code to create another "action", call it "action=add_both".

Then in application_top create another "case" like this:

case 'add_both' :

Then under it consolidate the code for 'add_slave' and 'add_product' into a single event.

Make sense to you?

:unsure:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Off the top of my head maybe modify the code to create another "action", call it "action=add_both".

Then in application_top create another "case" like this:

case 'add_both' :

Then under it consolidate the code for 'add_slave' and 'add_product' into a single event.

Make sense to you?

:unsure:

cheers Jim, yes it makes sense although technical capability may come into it lol

I will give it a go :thumbsup:

Thanks

Mark

cheers Jim, yes it makes sense although technical capability may come into it lol

I will give it a go :thumbsup:

Thanks

Mark

ok I must admit after hours of fiddling and staring at code I am a little stumped at combining these 2 sets of code to create 1 action

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                                  $attributes=array();
                                  if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['attrcomb']) && (preg_match("/^\d{1,10}-\d{1,10}(,\d{1,10}-\d{1,10})*$/",$HTTP_POST_VARS['attrcomb']))) {
                                    $attrlist=explode(',',$HTTP_POST_VARS['attrcomb']);
                                    foreach ($attrlist as $attr) {
                                      list($oid, $oval)=explode('-',$attr);
                                      if (is_numeric($oid) && $oid==(int)$oid && is_numeric($oval) && $oval==(int)$oval)
                                        $attributes[$oid]=$oval;
                                    }
                                  }
                                  if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id']) && is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) {
                                    foreach ($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'] as $key=>$val) {
                                      if (is_numeric($key) && $key==(int)$key && is_numeric($val) && $val==(int)$val)
                                        $attributes=$attributes + $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'];
                                    }
                                  }
                             }

and

while ( list( $key, $val ) = each( $HTTP_POST_VARS ) ) {
                               if (substr($key,0,11) == "Qty_ProdId_" && ($val !== 0)) {
                               $prodId = substr($key,11);
                               $qty = $val;
                               if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]) && is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"])) {
                                       // We have attributes
                                       $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($prodId, $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]))+$qty, $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]);
                               } else {
                                       if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["products_id"]) && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) {
                                       // We have attributes with normal product only
                                       if ($prodId == $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) {
                                       $attributes = $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'];
                                       } else {
                                       $attributes = $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"];
                                       }
                                       $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($prodId, $attributes))+$qty, $attributes);
                                       } else {
                                       // No attributes and normal products
                                       $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity($prodId)+$qty);
                                       }
                               }
                               }
                               }

Any knight in shining armour out there to rescue me on a chilly bank holiday monday :thumbsup:

Mark

Hi,

thanks for your great work.

I got this Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1 and installed Master Products and Magic Variants for OSCOM V2.3x

Version 2.0.

The problem is, that when I) add the "normal" product attributes ("Send product as a gift" - yes/no as radio buttons), the "buy now" - Button doesnt work anymore,

redirects me to the product instead of to the shopping cart.

This piece of code in application_top does the redirect if there are attributes:

} else {
                                 $cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+1);
                               }
                             }
                             break;

Why does it redirect if a master has attributes ???

I tried this, but it doesnt add a product, just shows an empty cart:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], 1);
					  	}
                             break;

What code do I have to change to make it work ?

best wishes from Germany

Bernd

Hi

I understand why you are having problems creating new features for a Master item.

A Master Product is a "dummy" product that is used to round up items that could make up a set of items that are many times purchased together even though they could be listed in different categories. To a point, they could be almost considered a "mini" subcategory.

A master product is an enhancement that can either add information to a group of products that you do not want in a separate category, or could be used to create a great sales pitch for a group of products when you do not want to add a contribution that allows category descriptions. (A very useful contribution. If you are not using it, you should check one out.) Making a Master product for sale or giving it attributes is really at cross purposes with the intention of the contribution, regardless of the version of osCommerce you are using. Making the Master items (and some will disagree, I know) for sale is not good practice. If you need to have sales and attributes for Master items, you probably need to consider another contribution.

Please carefully consider what it is you are trying to accomplish here. If you need to sell a set, set up a product code offering the set as a whole purchase, maybe with a small discount compared to buying each item. You can set it as a slave to show under your master listing. That might be less confusing to your customers than trying to buy an item, a master set, and so on.

By the way, the original author is long gone, and it appears that those who have so graciously added updated versions have left also, leaving this as a totally user supported contribution. I can attempt to help, but have so many contributions, changes and updates added to my code that my help will necessarily be somewhat general. Also, I use a heavily modified osCommerce roughly equivilant to RC2a, and have zero familiarity with the update for osCommerce 2.3.x versions as I do not wish to totally obscure the code with java scripts. So I will probably not be able to offer any intelligent comments on that version.

HTH

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Hi Guys,

Is this even possible???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

how many items from master and which page on?

I think you can add_master parameter into get varables.

Example: $HTTP_GET_VARS['add_master'] and master_products_id

Or

You can use hidden field with POST method too in form head section.

The slave products evalute from arrays when cart action start and then you can add to cart master products in this action too.

i use master product default value 1 in drop down list so when click on product_info page buy button it will always at least put one master into cart.

Regards,

Gergely

Edited by Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Hi Mark,

how many items from master and which page on?

I think you can add_master parameter into get varables.

Example: $HTTP_GET_VARS['add_master'] and master_products_id

Or

You can use hidden field with POST method too in form head section.

The slave products evalute from arrays when cart action start and then you can add to cart master products in this action too.

i use master product default value 1 in drop down list so when click on product_info page buy button it will always at least put one master into cart.

Regards,

Gergely

The actions I need to combine are on the product_info page. Apart from that I am being totally dumb and dont understand blink.png

Mark

Mark,

do you use drop down fields?

if use try this for master products:

tep_draw_pull_down_menu('Qty_ProdId_' . $product_info['products_id'], $qty_array, 1)

regards,

Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 2 weeks later...

is it possible to mix this addon of "Master Products" with the addon of "Products Specifications"? (Products Specifications http://addons.oscomm.../info/8096/v,23)

I'm trying in several ways buth I always get stuck with this parts

// Start Products Specifications

if (SPECIFICATIONS_BOX_FRAME_STYLE == 'Tabs') {

// Insert the javascript for the tabs

and

// Master Products

$master_status_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, products_master_status, products_master from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_status = '1' and products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

$master_check = tep_db_fetch_array($master_status_query);

if ($master_check['products_master_status'] > 0) {

echo tep_draw_form('buy_now_', tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_slave', 'NONSSL'));

} else {

// this line should be disactivated by PRODUCTS SPECIFICATIONS

}

// Master Products EOF

Edited by univer