The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

EasyPopulate v2.73 has:

$items[$i] = str_replace('\"\"',""",$items[$i]);
if ($replace_quotes){
   $items[$i] = str_replace('\"',""",$items[$i]);
   $items[$i] = str_replace("\'","'",$items[$i]);
}

at lines 1257 and 1269, presumably to address this problem.

Haven't tried this yet myself as I'm still in the process of trying to implement master products and easypopulate.

Hiya,

First of all - this contribs is one of the best ones I've come across!

So far I've run into a few things, I was wondering if someone could help me out with:

- Image from master shown as slave thumbnail

Is it possible to configure the system to show the master image if no slave image is uploaded? I managed to do it manually in the shopping cart, but there are lots of places (Search results, etc.) where it's shown as well.

- price taken from master if slave empty (including specials)

Also - is it possible to leave the slave prices empty and then just set up the price for the master? That way I can set up the specials for the master only and if I later want to change a price on a product, I only have to update the master price.

- count total qty from master+slaves to show in list

Finally - when showing the product lists I am using another contrib to show if the product is in stock or not. Is it possible to count the total qty from the slave products and use as a total?

I know the two last ones can be done with a number of MySQL queries, but as I'm not too experienced in it, I was wondering if someone else has done it already? Or if it's planned for release 2?

Thank you for a great mod :)

Jesper

There is much planned for the next release... version 1 is really a pre-release - good for code hacks, but may be difficult for novice users as the search, new products, specials etc. have not been attended to as yet - most things can be resolved with minor alterations to SQL queries as you say. I am currently reviewing the two threads to see what may be incorporated - price control for slaves is one already in the works. You can turn off the slave images in admin->slave listing.

I am doing my best to get the next release out - have been a little overwhelmed with work and forum duties lately.

Matti

EasyPopulate v2.73 has:

$items[$i] = str_replace('\"\"',""",$items[$i]);
if ($replace_quotes){
? ?$items[$i] = str_replace('\"',""",$items[$i]);
? ?$items[$i] = str_replace("\'","'",$items[$i]);
}

at lines 1257 and 1269, presumably to address this problem.

Haven't tried this yet myself as I'm still in the process of trying to implement master products and easypopulate.

here is EasyPopulate v2.73 working great with master products. adds the fields on download, sets the variables on upload.

*Edited - see post below*

right click and save to download as a text file, just click it to read it in your browser.

B)

Edited by Johnson

I goofed in the last post linking to my site. I apologize for this.

I have uploaded

01/20/2004 - Easypopulate v2.73-MS2/MASTER PRODUCT SUPPORT

as a contribution.

Get it here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

Matti, thanks for the heads up, and thanks for all your hard work on Master Products. I am looking forward to the new release.

anyone wanting to see it in use click on my web button. B)

I'm just getting ready to implement this contrib into one of my sites, but I have a simple questions. Once a Product is made a master, can the master have it's own option attributes such as sizes and colors? And is there anyway to make the slaves linkable to provide more details or images of the slave.

The idea behind my site, I'm doing is the "master" will be a "Registration Fee" to an event (like and Entry Fee) and the slaves are available options after the registration fee (boat cruises, additional seats, extra day...).

Has anyone here implemented this contrib with options on the Master?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

JK ;)

Looks like a good contribution that should solve many of the basic problems that Oscommerce has.? Good.

Anyway:? I do not know what I have done incorrectly, I have installed a new MS2, copied the "Master" contribution into it, and loaded the SQL.

Have set up a "Master" product.? All no problem.? Have set up a slave product and assigned it to the master.

All I get in the product info page is:

*Please select the quantity for each item you wish to order and click the 'Add To Cart' button below.

TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS

Not concerned about "TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS" as this would just be a missing define - but this should now be showing the Slave I assigned should it not ?

I have just done the same - set up a new ms2 - dropped the contribution catalog directory into my dev root (overwrite) - ran the SQL - set up two masters each with slaves... no problem :blink:

Perhaps you missed a file?

Matti

I'll try again, but I only did exactly as you did - new MS2, Master contrib, SQL load...

Will report back.

G.

Back from page 1+2:

I received the same exact problem, except it was appearing below the left column infoboxes!

Matti, I tried your fix by modifying the following code in /catalog/includes/modules/master_products.php:

$master_sql = "select  " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id,  p.manufacturers_id, p.products_tax_class_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.status, p.products_price from ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_master = '" . $thisquery['products_master'] . "' and p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";

Any idea what's the issue?

Hey Matti,

I know this will sound bizarre but, could you also arrange to be able to turn off the pricing for the slaves as well?

Case in point. I have an aromatherapy business. I have 80 different blends. Each blend has 3 different concentrations. Therapeutic for medicinal use, Annointment for perfuming use, Lite Essence for massage use. Each concentration comes in a variety of sizes and not all sizes apply to all concentrations. But, the basic blend recipe stays the same. A pricing and data entry nightmare. (I've been working on a similar mod but you beat me to it.) So, by being able to turn off the pricing for both master and slave, I can list the blend as the master, concentration as the slave and, using the attributes to slaves modification, have several options dropdowns which contain pricing and add-ons, such as one for size which would contain the basic price and then others to upsell such as one for fancy bottling choices, one for special tops like spritzers and orifice reducers, etc.

Also, as a future admin modification, the ability to choose the order of the options listings would be cool too, instead of always alphabetical, so that my Botling choices don't get listed before the basic price per Size.

Thanks for listening, Charles :)

We stand in ignorance only for questions not asked. Plug up the leaks in your knowledge base and open up a flood of understanding.

Cool B) ,

Another feature I thought of is the ability to turn off the price prefix in the options. Given my scenario, if I create a 'size' option for the slave which would basically be my base price, the dropdown window shows the parens and the + prefix - to me a very unprofessional presentation for product pricing - but I do want the +/- prefix for the addon options. At present, if I leave the option price prefix blank it reverts to a negative value, making my base price negative - definitely NOT good (hehe). I played around with this in the database a while back by trying to make the prefix NULL but I always got the negative price result so I think it is yet another coding challenge.

Just to think-tank here (remember my WIKI tirade?), I'm sure there are other features, like allowing slaves of slaves. For what purpose I couldn't guess, but you know people, someone will want it for some reason. Of course that would come full circle and approach the categories structure. But then to be able to place an abbreviated master/slave window (no pricing or options) in one of the side columns , possibly incorporated into the categories box. This would either replace the need for categories or expand the navigation options of the categories box, freeing up dispay space in the middle for yet more product info immediately visible to the customer without more scrolling.

Now... my understanding is that this contribution is not an modular installable but a code hack installable. So since the 'attributes to slaves' feature is intrinsic to what I need, should I wait for your new release to incorporate the mod or should I go ahead and incorporate now and then upgrade via some set of upgrade instructs (if they are to exist)? I use CompareIt! myself. As long as I know which files were changed it would not be a problem. Since it is a hack upgrade vs modular that would be available by default I suppose.

My biggest concern is if there are changes to the database such as 'options to slaves'. This is exactly the feature (lack thereof) which has been my greatest stumbing block for so long. To input my data with the options to the masters to get the site up and running would mean re-editing most of the products to make use of the new structure. Unfortunately I do not have a spreadsheet program to make use of easypopulate. Maybe you know the answer to this also. Can I create the appropriate tab delimited file in any text editor, say wordpad, and upload it with easypoplate?

Thanks, Charles

:lol: P.S. And of course, if we could 'easypopulate' the slaves, there would be no reason for masters, but, that wouldn't work for me. My wife is the master and if I 'easypopulated', I'd go bankrupt from all the little slavelets running around. Or not... I could start the OSCommerce black market slave trade using 'easypopulate' and become rich. Sorry, I was just thinking of the guy on page 1 who took offense to the name. :lol:

We stand in ignorance only for questions not asked. Plug up the leaks in your knowledge base and open up a flood of understanding.

It's not a big deal, but the contribution copy of includes/application_top.php (lines 522-3) has different values for

define('WARN_INSTALL_EXISTENCE', 'true');
 define('WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE', 'true');

than the base install. This won't matter most of the time, but it could cause someone who is inexperienced and installs the contribution by copying over files to leave their store in an insecure state.

Cheers,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.

My previous post was incorrect. the place where you would make the change would be in includes/modules/master_listing.php, replace lines 163-185 with a new definition for $lc_text:
$lc_text = tep_draw_input_field('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing['products_id'], '0');

I've changed the qty field from drop-down to text input but the width of the input box is rather excessive. I can't seem to find where to adjust this. See it at http://www.genesispos.com/catalog/slave_items.jpg. Any suggestions? Thanks.

As many other members here I also wondering if anyone managed to get this working with UltraPics and HTML Editor + More - MS2 2.2?

UltraPic and master products really should be installed together.

I'm in the same situation as alot of people here who are selling t-shirts with different sizes so hopefully this contribution can help me have my inventory automatically updated with styles.

Has anyone gotten this to work in conjuction with the STS Template contribution? So far I haven't had any luck.

Also as a newbie I am unsure as to what this means in the installation directions:

Run the master.sql file on your database

Thanks for your help!

For all who are interested, I have integrated this module with both Elari's customer status and the quantity price breaks and block enforcement. It is working great! The site has the ability to list all the master/slave relationships, including different prices and quantity break points and discounts for unlimited tiers (retail, wholesale, non profit, etc).

thanks for the great work Johnson! It is very useful and easy to work into other mods...

Thanks,

Zac

As many other members here I also wondering if anyone managed to get this working with UltraPics and HTML Editor + More - MS2 2.2?

UltraPic and master products really should be installed together.

I spent a whole day hacking away at combining the two and believe I have it down to one error. Problem is I don' have time right now to continue working at it. will gladly share notes tho.

For all who are interested, I have integrated this module with both Elari's customer status and the quantity price breaks and block enforcement. It is working great! The site has the ability to list all the master/slave relationships, including different prices and quantity break points and discounts for unlimited tiers (retail, wholesale, non profit, etc).

thanks for the great work Johnson! It is very useful and easy to work into other mods...

Thanks,

Zac

Do you have this working smewhere where I can see it?

I need help, I loaded Master Products into a amost clean OSC 2.2 MS2 and wow, it is just what I needed for some of my products. For me it eliminates attributes all together. Great mod... But.... I had installed USPS Methods 2.6 prior to Master Products and Bam.. As soon as I ran a test order The shipping numbers went kaflooy. So I took a close look at the USPS Methods .php file code and found two identical entries under the install section tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())"); And an extra field I had entered when I modified it to include insurance and other USPS fees for special circumstances. So I removed both. Saved it off site, unloaded USPS from within admin and ftp'd the corrected file up. I then clicked on install and it does. Then I tried to edit, and thats when I got the error message Undefined function tep_cfg_select_multioption() in modules.php 216 and something else XXXX()'d line 1. I can't remember what the four characters were. Anyway comparing the two after the cows have gotten out, it seems both make changes to catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php and catalog/admin includes/modules.php. I found in general in USPS Methods defines the function tep_cfg_select_multioption() and that seemed to be the only difference. So I loaded a copy of the general.php file from Master Products in my PHP editor and pasted the USPS function in to it. Checked to make sure there wasn't any extra spaces or an extra line at the bottom, to avoid Parsing errors saved it and Ftp'd it up to overwrite the original general.php file supplied with Master Products. I open my browser to admin and I get the stock blue menu, but clicking on any selection only gets you a can't find file error. Open the front end of the cart fine except for a error line across the top of the screen saying install dict prsent in catalog it needs to be removed . What it looks like is a reload of original files and and a re configuration hopefully without touching the database. Then a file by file comparison of the two contributions tp make sure they are compatable. I use USPS Methods 2.6 with my mods and it runs flawlessly. I sure would like to incorporate Master Products with it. But I know I lack the experience and expertise and maybe the resources to compare like files accurately. Any suggestions or solutions would be most appreciated. Let me just say that I am sure my inexperience and the all nighter I pulled surely more than complicated the situation.

I installed this contribution but I'm not sure if what I did worked. The only thing that has changed is in the Store Configuration area of Administrator there is a menu for "slaves". That seemed to work, but when I go into the product menu area of administator there are no options (at least that I see) to designate a product as a master or slave. Is there something wrong with my installation or am I just missing something? In other words, "Where does the magic happen?"

Thanks.

I installed this contribution but I'm not sure if what I did worked.  The only thing that has changed is in the Store Configuration area of Administrator there is a menu for "slaves".  That seemed to work, but when I go into the product menu area of administator there are no options (at least that I see) to designate a product as a master or slave.  Is there something wrong with my installation or am I just missing something?  In other words, "Where does the magic happen?"

Thanks.

You designate a product as a master by adding it as a master (button says Add Master, locted on categories/products secton of admin) Designate product as slave by assignig it a master when adding it as a new product)

Edited by Professor_Psy_Dye

Thanks for the reply.

I just have the two regular buttons that say "New Category" and "New Product". Something went wrong. I'll try to install it again but I don't think my results will change. This will be my second installation on a clean copy of OSC 2.2. All I have to do is upload the catalog directory and the master.sql files right?

Sorry about the double post but I now see this is where I should have posted this...

Ok, I am hoping that one of you can help me here. I have a client that sells satellite systems & accessories.

They have a promo going on right now that includes 5 receivers & a choice from 2 different dishs ALL for free (plus shipping).

The problem that we are running into is that the client does NOT have a model number attached to the free package but they do to each of the free items in the package. & each of those free items in the package NEEDS to have the model number attached to them when the order is placed so that the shipping company can ship the right items in the package.

How should I configure the shipping? Can I attach it to the main free package or will I need to attach it to one of the free items in the package?

How can I make this happen? Will this contrib work for us?

I have no problem entering each of those free items in the package 2 times. One with NO price assigned to use in the package & one with a price that can be bought individually. BOTH will have the same model number, will this cause a problem?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Knowledge is Power!