• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

Can you recommend such multipics contribution which is fully compatible with Master Product mod and it has a step by step guide for easy installation cos. I have a dozen other contribs installed.

Can you recommend such multipics contribution which is fully compatible with Master Product mod and it has a step by step guide for easy installation cos. I have a dozen other contribs installed.

Hi Andrew J,

I had a similar problem while installing this contribution because there aren't any clear instructions on how to do add the contribution step by step. For most of the files it is fairly simple to integrate just look for the part that says "master products" and edit the specific file. For the file admin/categories.php I would recommend that you replace it with the provided file and add the contribution that you have previously installed into to the provided file.

Good Luck

;)

Hi Andrew J,

I had a similar problem while installing this contribution because there aren't any clear instructions on how to do add the contribution step by step. For most of the files it is fairly simple to integrate just look for the part that says "master products" and edit the specific file.

I dont have any problem with Master Products works like charm.

My problem: when I tried to add ultrapics image addon it has codes which will replace master products codes lines so these two mod arent compatible with each other.

Thats why Im asked which multipics contrib should I add over the master products contribution without loosing Master Products features. Im sure somebody has a working pair to recommend.

For the file admin/categories.php I would recommend that you replace it with the provided file and add the contribution that you have previously installed into to the provided file.

Huh! No way. I have 21 contribution added previously. I dont want to start over.

I have a question I know someone here can help me with. Hopefully it is a pretty easy fix. I have a "What's new" box on the left hand column of my site. With the help of a webdesigner I got the box to work so that it just displays the master products. The problem is when you select the arrow at the top of the "What's new" box it shows all new products and it shows the slaves also.

Click on this link to see the issue:

vintageland

How can I get this particular page to show just the masters and not all the sizes that are available.

Thanks, master products solved alot of problems for me.

-matt

While installing Master Products 1.1.5 with and without attributes I ran into a few things that more people have had trouble with. The "Your Cart is Empty" bug is solved easily by adding "reset($HTTP_POST_VARS); " to the code in: catalog/includes/application_top.php around line 370

? ? ?//Master Products ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 
? ? ?// customer adds multiple products from the master_listing page

? ? ?case 'add_slave' : ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?while ( list( $key, $val ) = each( $HTTP_POST_VARS ) ) {

replace with:

? ? ?//Master Products ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 
? ? ?// customer adds multiple products from the master_listing page

? ? ?case 'add_slave' : ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?reset($HTTP_POST_VARS);
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?while ( list( $key, $val ) = each( $HTTP_POST_VARS ) ) {

As an aside: in subcontribution "Master Product Slave Attributes", MP_Attributes_Install.txt:

you should replace:

$lc_align = 'align="center"';

with:

$lc_align = 'center';

I'm one of those who can gets an empty cart using Master Products "out of the box" and had to use the fix in application_top.pp to get items in my cart.

//Master Products? ENDLICH ?BERHOLT!! Ren? Reineke 06.12.03? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 

? ? // customer adds multiple products from the master_listing page

? ? case 'add_slave' :? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? foreach ($HTTP_POST_VARS as $keyA => $valueA) {

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  if (substr($keyA,0,11) == "Qty_ProdId_") {

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  $prodId = substr($keyA,11);

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  if ($valueA <= 0 ) continue;

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($prodId, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+($valueA), $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? }

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? }

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? break;

? ? //Master Products EOF? ? 

I've been trying to get Master Products with attributes working but I get an empty cart when using the code provided for application _top.php

//Master Products

? ?  // customer adds multiple products from the master_listing page

? ?  case 'add_slave' :

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  while ( list( $key, $val ) = each( $HTTP_POST_VARS ) ) {

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  if (substr($key,0,11) == "Qty_ProdId_") {

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  $prodId = substr($key,11);

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  $qty = $val;

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]) && is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"])) {

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  // We have attributes

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($prodId,$HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]))+$qty, $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]);

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  } else {

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  // No attributes

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity($prodId)+$qty);

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  }

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  }

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  }

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  break;

? ?  //Master Products EOF

I am still having issues with the empty cart. I am adding slave products since my master's are not set up as actual products. They show up in the shopping cart on the little sidebar until I hit checkout and then the shopping cart shows as empty.

I have tried both fixes that I have seen in this forum. I have quoted them below.

Thank someone so much for their help.

ps - Also any help with the master image showing up on product page would be helpful. Right now all info is there but no pic.

So I have resolved the empty cart issue. It is cookie related. Apparently if you have a shared SSL and you don't umbrella your site under the SSL, there is a cookie issue when you go to checkout because the site essentially switches domains. I'm going to go ahead and purchase a non-shared SSL because it looks cleaner, but I'm so glad this issue is resolved.

Can anyone help me get a picture on the product page of my master items?

wow...this thread has gotten rediculously long. Could this post push it to 100 pages?

Anyway, to the user above who has trouble with a multipics contribution, here's my suggestion. Install Master Products first. Once that's done, take a good look at your categories.php file - it will be VERY long and complicated. Also take a good look at the install instructions for your contribution. Find the line that says something like this, there are probably a few of them:

if ($action=new_product){

Anything changes that yuou need to make in that section (between the { and the }) also need to be made in the section that says something like this:

if ($action=new_master){

The same applies to create_product/create_master, new_product_preview/new_master_preview, etc.

You'll find it much easier if you get some software that matches brackets for you - for windows, I recommend dev-php (search for it on Google). With dev-php you can put your cursor next to a bracket and the opposing bracket will be highlighted, wherever it is. You may have to scroll to find it but it will stay highlighted.

You could also do this even more simply by using some good comparison software like Beyond Compare - you can manually align the new_product and new_master sections and then do your copying. Good luck, I know it can be a challenge.

Now then, the reason I came here to post today. Easy Populate screwed up my product's master IDs somehow, so I wrote a quick script to fix it. NOTE! This script will only help you if you use a naming scheme similar to mine! In my store, each product has a model number. The last few digits of each model number are the size and the first several are the same. The master product for a group of slaves has a model number that is the first part, without the size. As an example:

SR70 << master product

SR702 << slave product, size 2

SR7025 << slave product, size 2.5

SR703 << slave product, size 3

SR7035 << slave product, size 3.5

IF you use a similar naming scheme for your products, you can use this script to assign each product to its appropriate master.

WARNING! BACK UP FIRST! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU JACK UP YOUR DATABASE WITH THIS! MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IT WILL DO BEFORE YOU USE IT!

require('includes/application_top.php');

$masters_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, products_model from products where products_master_status = 1;");//select all products which are masters

while ($masters_array = tep_db_fetch_array($masters_query)){//walk through the array of master products
tep_db_query('update products set products_master = ' . $masters_array['products_id'] . ' where products_model like "' . $masters_array['products_model'] . '%";');//find the products with a model number that begins with the master's model number, assign them to this master
}
//the above script sets each master as its own slave, that's no good
//this next line sets each master as a slave of nothing
tep_db_query('update products set products_master = "" where products_master_status = 1;');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

You could probably use this without the includes as a button from somewhere, but I simply saved it to a file called update_masters.php in my admin directory, then loaded it in my browser. There's not any output to it but it does what it needs to do. This could have the unfortunate side effect of adding extra slaves if their model numbers are similar - make sure you check things out after you're done.

edit - not quite 100 pages yet. :)

Edited by BlueNoteMKVI

Chris Dunning

osCommerce, Contributions Moderator Team

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

Just bump...

Can you recommend such multipics contribution which is fully compatible with Master Products mod and it has a step by step guide for easy installation cos. I have a dozen other contribs installed and I dont want to loose the MP feature on my site

Ps: I spent several days integrating UltraPics and Master Products with no succes.

Please don't bump. That's just bad form.

I have a copy of categories.php that includes both of these contributions...not 100% sure that it works, but it's a good start. I've offered this before in this thread, but I'll say it again - PM or email me directly and I'll send you the file.

edit:

woohoo! 100 pages!

Edited by BlueNoteMKVI

Chris Dunning

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

Ok, I'm having a problem, and I couldn't seem to find it in the past couple months.

Before I installed this contrib, I already had family products installed, and this contrib modified a lot of the same things. So I may have messed something up, and I'm hoping someone will know where in categories.php I should start looking.

When I modify a product, the page by default has the "master product" checkbox already checked, even if it wasn't a master. So, if you click to edit a product that wan't a master, and then submit without changing anything, it changes that product to a master.

This has caused problems with product not being able to be ordered before.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Ok, I'm having a problem, and I couldn't seem to find it in the past couple months.

Before I installed this contrib, I already had family products installed, and this contrib modified a lot of the same things. So I may have messed something up, and I'm hoping someone will know where in categories.php I should start looking.

When I modify a product, the page by default has the "master product" checkbox already checked, even if it wasn't a master. So, if you click to edit a product that wan't a master, and then submit without changing anything, it changes that product to a master.

look in admin/categories file

masterproduct checked (true) change to (false)

then the master will not be selected by default...

greetz john

Before I installed this contrib, I already had family products installed, and this contrib modified a lot of the same things.  So I may have messed something up, and I'm hoping someone will know where in categories.php I should start looking.

When I modify a product, the page by default has the "master product" checkbox already checked, even if it wasn't a master.  So, if you click to edit a product that wan't a master, and then submit without changing anything, it changes that product to a master.

Hi braclark,

I noticed the same problem when I add a new product which is not a master it displayed by default Assign as master checked.

In order to fix this:

Search in admin/categories.php for:

default: $in_master_status = true; $out_master_status = false;

And change it to:

default: $in_master_status = false; $out_master_status = false;

Now when you add a regular new product it will display assign as master unchecked.

Good Luck

:)

Hi,

My slaves are showing in my product listing even when I have them set to hide. Where is the distinction made between reg products and slaves in product listing, so I can narrow down my problem?

Or, If you could direct me to a post in this thread de grande that might solve my problem that would be alright also :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Tim

Hi,

My slaves are showing in my product listing even when I have them set to hide.  Where is the distinction made between reg products and slaves in product listing, so I can narrow down my problem?

Or, If you could direct me to a post in this thread de grande that might solve my problem that would be alright also  :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Tim

Make sure you add the modifications to your catalog/index.php file if you do this correctly products that are hidden should not display.

Please don't bump. That's just bad form.

I have a copy of categories.php that includes both of these contributions...not 100% sure that it works, but it's a good start. I've offered this before in this thread, but I'll say it again - PM or email me directly and I'll send you the file.

edit:

woohoo! 100 pages!

Thanks for the mail!

What Ultrapics contribution and version you use?

UltraPics - MS2 Image Addon Pack! No: 1642

UltraPics and HTML Editor + More... No: 1689

#1689 is the one I used to create that file.

Chris Dunning

I've noticed a problem in my installation where slave products show the special price even after the special has expired. I don't remember seeing this in the thread so thought I'd post my fix in case anyone else had the same problem. Around line 136 in catalog/includes/modules/master_listing.php I added a check for the specials status flag.

Old

if (tep_not_null($listing['specials_new_products_price'])) {

New

if (tep_not_null($listing['specials_new_products_price']) and $listing['status']) {

This seems to do the trick. Comments welcome.

Matt

#1689 is the one I used to create that file.

I pasted the codes from your file.

Now I have a nearly duplicated product list in admin.

dup_prod_list.jpg

Any tip how to get rid the upper part?

There is cool thing at the upper part. It show a (Master) caption next to the product name if the product defined as a master product. It will be great to implement this feature into the bottom part.

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod.. I've been able to do some great things so far with it :)

Here's a screenshot of some of my modifications..

screenie4.gif

I've run into a snag, though. Each of those little products is a link. For example, "225/35/19 Toyo FZ4 $1899 shipped" is a link. I want that to be a product so that I can add the product to my cart directly.

Currently, I've tried to set the link with the price (it works that way, but only if one package is added). Basically, I need to link slaves to slaves.. I have already added a new link to categories.php named "Add a Package Item". How can I link the package item to a slave product?

Essentially, I need to be able to add a slave to a master and a slave to a slave :wacko:

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks,

Colin

Hello All,

Great contribution! This was the only contribution where I could accomplish what I needed for my Store.

I have a slight problem that I hope someone can suggest corrections for...

I have a centered site with boxed categories to the right and left, and main info showing in the middle of the site. When selecting a master product and directed to the product_info.php page the products show up and actually push the left hand side info boxes off the page and down to the left hand bottom of the site under the slave product listing. I am only showing product name, price, photo, and the qnty: dropdown. The top header of the listing or seperator is quite stretched out. Is there a way I can reduce the size of the seperator and get my info boxes back into their propper location at the top left side?

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Almost forgot to mention......

From above post....I am using the STS Ver. 2.01 contribution along with the Master Products Contribution. I thought there was some changes needed for the STS_Product_info.php file but couldnt find the solution on the boards...any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Agin.