• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

hello

thank for the answer

i have in the product_listing.php following code:

/Master Products

if ($listing['products_master_status'] != '1' && $listing['products_master'] == '0') {

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

} elseif ($listing['products_master'] != '0') {

$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_master']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

} else {

$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_GROESSEN) . '</a> ';

}

//Master Products EOF

i have change the 3th one to show an other button if a master is at the product linsting. but in the normal product-listing its works fine. i have only this problem when i search a product with the advanced_search funktion. then the master product has a normal button and no product id is in the link. the product id is only not by the buttons. by the image and the product name is the right product id an when you go to the product-info page is all normal.

How do you display a dropdown menu to ONLY SHOW slave products for a particular category?

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cat_tree', XXXXsomething hereXXXX, $current_category_id);

I think it would be there to put some function... if I am right, which function is it?

Any body know anything about this?

• 2 weeks later...
Any body know anything about this?

Sorry Alan, I do not know the answer. I have a question myself! :blush:

I keep on seeing the slaves everywhere! Even though I have ticked the box 'invisible'. How do I do this the right way?

I also have products without slaves/that are not masters.

Thank you.

you would need to use a query to select products where the status was the appropriate one. Maybe look at how the products are selected for listings under masters?

The 'non-hidden hide products' thing, I don't know :( it works fine for me on mySQL5 on my local xampp installation.

hello

i have a problem with the mp-contrib.

i have install osc 2.2 an master product 1.1.5.

when i try to add to cart ? product how have attributes (not only for slave products), oscommerce say cart is empty.

PS : i don't touch the code of the contribution

do you have any idea ?

PS2 : I read in this forum that exist v2 of master products, is it possible to have it ?

thanks

hello

i have a problem with the mp-contrib.

i have install osc 2.2 an master product 1.1.5.

when i try to add to cart ? product how have attributes (not only for slave products), oscommerce say cart is empty.

PS : i don't touch the code of the contribution

do you have any idea ?

PS2 : I read in this forum that exist v2 of master products, is it possible to have it ?

thanks

Use the fix called Rev4 that is available on the Master Products contribution page. I believe that OsCommerce internal politics have made MP2 unavailable

Good Luck

Use the fix called Rev4 that is available on the Master Products contribution page. I believe that OsCommerce internal politics have made MP2 unavailable

Good Luck

thanks for you help

solved problem

it ok for me

bye

Can someone give me a few pointer. Right now, I'm download the master product here

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1681

Master Products - 1.1.5

Master Products Attributes Add-on Rev4

Those are the two i installed do i need to install

Master Product Slave Attributes

Is there a howto or can someone help me out. Walk me thru how to get this done.

What I want to do is this.

I sell shoes.

RED BOOT (main boot)

What i want to do is under RED BOOT, i want to have size

RED BOOT size 5 = 5 quantity

RED BOOT size 6 = 10 quantity

RED BOOT size 7 = 5 quantity

So when a customer click on the RED BOOT and choose say size5 and check out

it'll deduct it from

RED BOOT size 5 = 4 quanity left

say RED BOOT size 5 = 0 quantity, customer can't order this no more.

Can someone walk me thru how to do this.

thanks

I believe you would just Set the redboot as the master product. then make 3 slaves, one for size 5, one size 6, and one size 7. When you make the slaves, just input how many you have in stock and it should work.

Anyone know how to make it so the slave products don't come up in search? I turned them off so they don't show up in categories, but you can still find them by using the search option.

Well I have been toying with it and have not come up with any answers. I checked the configuration in admin panel under Slave and found nothing to change.

I don't want my slave products to show up when someone does a search for them

I also don't want the link in shopping cart to go to the slave product, I want it to go to the Master product its tied too. Anyone have any ideas?

Can someone help me out here. In the Admin side, with MP v2 installed, when trying to insert or update NON Master items, I get the error

1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'products_master_status' at row 1

insert into products (products_quantity, products_model, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_master, products_master_status, products_listing_status, products_bundle_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_date_added) values ('1', 'jk668AceHkBlkM', '125.99', null, '3', '1', '5', '', '0', '', '1', '1', now())

Now I understand that it is being triggered because the database field doesnt accept NULL values, and the insert statement is trying to insert a couple NULLs in there. I cant for the life of me figure out WHY though. Why is the check box for for making a product just a normal item (non master) not returning a value for 'products_master_status' field? When it is checked it returns '1', but when it isnt, it just is ''.

Has anyone else had this problem? Im using php 5.1.4, mysql5, and IIS6.

Hi,

I am having the problem that my slave products do not hide.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

I am running mySQL 4.1 so that should not be the problem (I understood there could be problems when you are running 5.0, but thats not the case)

What should I do to make the slaves invisible in the productlisting/ newproducts and specials?

I DID change the product listing display to "do not show" in the admin, but all the slaves are still showing... :(

Jeannette

Edited by Njuwdaij

i'm trying to get product_info.php to display 2 slave product colum values in a ROW format instead of the column format.

eg:

How slave products currently display by default.

SLAVE PRODUCT 1 | PRICE: $10 | DESCRIPTION | OTHERINFO

SLAVE PRODUCT 2 | PRICE: $10 | DESCRIPTION | OTHERINFO

How i want it to display:

SLAVE PRODUCT 1

PRICE $10

DESCRIPTION

OTHERINFO

- page break of some sort -

SLAVE PRODUCT 2

PRICE $10

DESCRIPTION

OTHERINFO

I believe there will need to be alot of messing about with master_listing and master_products. Can someone possibly give me the quickest and easiest way to achieve this extra row listing format. Cheers!

Hi!

I would like to do that too... I tried to modify master_listing.php without success. Anybody got a solution?

Hi!

I would like to do that too... I tried to modify master_listing.php without success. Anybody got a solution?

I searched all over the net, I found many question (from 2005 and before) that are still unanswered.

I finally found out by myself... and I would like to share it. I decided not to package it, because it is too much related to what each one wants to display. I think it is not complete, but it works... I hope I will help someone!

First, it is to create a key in Admin Panel>Configuration>Slave Products that you can call "Display Custom Layout Column". Then you will be able to position it as you want. Here is an SQL example (be careful to change the configuration group, here 17, to suit your Slave Product configuration group) :

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Custom Layout Column', 'MASTER_LIST_CUSTOM', '0', 'Do you wish to display your custom layout column (master_listing.php) ?', 17, 13, '2006-08-23 11:19:53', '2006-08-23 11:19:53', NULL, 'NULL');

In catalog/includes/modules/master_product.php look for:

$slave_list = array('MASTER_LIST_MODEL' => MASTER_LIST_MODEL,

Then add below:

'MASTER_LIST_CUSTOM' => MASTER_LIST_CUSTOM,

In catalog/includes/modules/master_product.php look for:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
  switch ($column_list[$i]) {

Then add below (this is an example, you can add all search query that follow in the switch case... for my purpose I only added p.products_model, pd.products_name and pd.products_description):

case 'MASTER_LIST_CUSTOM':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, pd.products_name, pd.products_description,';
	  break;

In catalog/includes/modules/master_listing.php look for:

switch ($column_list[$col]) {

Then add below (this is an example too, modify to suit your needs):

case 'MASTER_LIST_CUSTOM':
		$lc_align = 'left';
		$lc_text = '<b>' . $listing['products_name'] . '</b> (' . $listing['products_model'] . ')<br>' . osc_trunc_string(strip_tags($listing['products_description'], '<a><b><em><font><i><s><span><strong><sub><sup><u>'), MASTER_LIST_DESCRIPTION_LENGTH);
		break;

Then, go in your Admin Panel>Configuration>Slave Products and choose order to display the columns along with your new "custom column"...

Voil?!

I think this contribution is a perfect solution to what I need to do. I've read all through this thread and am a little confused as to what the latest version is. I have the latest osc and don't want to add a contrib that doesn't work with it.

I've read of a v2.00 but the thread that was supposed to have it was a dead link. I read another post about Rev4 being the latest but there are some things posted above Rev4. I downloaded the latest post and it was just an add on.

Does anyone know where to get v2.00?

I think this contribution is a perfect solution to what I need to do. I've read all through this thread and am a little confused as to what the latest version is. I have the latest osc and don't want to add a contrib that doesn't work with it.

I've read of a v2.00 but the thread that was supposed to have it was a dead link. I read another post about Rev4 being the latest but there are some things posted above Rev4. I downloaded the latest post and it was just an add on.

Does anyone know where to get v2.00?

Ver 2 was discontinued by the powers that be and Matt its author has joined the list of the BANNED

I am still using 1.15 with the Rev 4 fix which works perfectly fine.

I have a copy of 2 but I think it still needs a tweak or two to get it to the standard of the above combination and as yet I haven't had the time to do it

Steve

Edited by Sierrab

Thanks for the quick reply. I was only worried about 1.15 because it is a year and a half old so I didn't know if it had any issues with the newest osc.

I have downloaded it along with Rev4 and some of the other addons.

Thanks Steve.

ps ... Wow. Banned? What did he do?

Hi,

I am looking forwartd to set up Master Products on a music download site but I was leaving it until I had osplayer set up.

I got osplayer working in a clean no contrib oscommerce site but decided to try it also with another osc version which used the STS template system.

This time osplayer works fine in the Admin side but I cannot even get the player seen in the catalog side. The code is copied correctly as I have triple checked it carefully.

I can only think it does not work because of something to do with the STS templates.

So I can get it happening to get into the Master Products, is there anyone who has osplyer wortking with the STS tempalte system?

Any help would be appreciated as it has burnt up 3 days so far of contact experimenting with code all to no avail.

Thanks in anticipation.

Oz

Hello,

I have just installed Master products and everything seems to work alright except that all the products that I had before I installed Master products now have a dropdown menu. I would like to have a input field. I have fixed this at the slaves so the problem are only at the master products that don?t have any slaves.

I have searched about this in the forum but I can?t find any solution.

I would be very glad for a solution.

//

Robert from Sweden

Hello,

I have just installed Master products and everything seems to work alright except that all the products that I had before I installed Master products now have a dropdown menu. I would like to have a input field. I have fixed this at the slaves so the problem are only at the master products that don?t have any slaves.

I have searched about this in the forum but I can?t find any solution.

I would be very glad for a solution.

//

Robert from Sweden

Matti "Johnson" posted a fix for this quite early on and I saw it a couple of days ago in this forum though I can't quite remember how I found it... :blush: