• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

Dear All,

I am trying to install Master Products 1.1.5 after I have installed the WYSIWYG Editor 1.7. Most of the files are easy to edit, but the admin/categories.php filethat comes with the contribution is so different from what I have got that I can not work out where to place the extra code for Master Products.

Does anyone have these two contribs installed together?

Thanks in advance.

George

Hello all..

I'm quite the blueberry both with osCommerce (only had it for a few days) and php/database integration (that I virtually know nothing about), so I'm sorry if this question(s) sounds stupid, but I'd really like to do something like this (I might be way over my head here though)..

I've been poking around with Master Products, and I really love this contribution. I'd really like to sell my photographs online as downloadable pictures, and as a test I've got small, watermarked photo as a master. I've added three photographs as slave, all the same as the master except interpolated differently as a 1 Mb, 10 Mb and a 30 Mb file. The slaves are set up with attributes so they can be downloaded..

So far so good, now the difficult part starts.. but lets start with the result as I'd like to see it.. you can see what I'm after at http://www.matton.com/ and click on any photo, then click on 'Printable size of image' in the right infobox labeled Single Image. Now compare it to my very early test site on http://www.ap-foto.com/catalog/product_inf...?products_id=33 and wheep <_<

Confused as I am, I'd like to, as a start..:

* rename the headings to Filesize, and squeeze another few field in there labeled Pixels, printable size and Actual filesize

* get rid of the drop down boxes from the product attribute

* and of course, not allow more than one radio button to be enabled at a time (my own code replacing the dropdown menus with a radio button instead.. woowoo)

Is it plausible to do something like the Matton have done to my site? Could someone perhaps give me a few friendly pointers on how I should proceed with getting there?

Thanks!

/ Andy

Loving this contrib so far. Just having one glitch that I cant seem to track down a solution for. In the header of the slave table on the product_info page, I've turned off the Name option in admin but now "Description" is showing up as "Model".

So now my header looks like:

Model+ Model+ Select Price

Any idea why this is happening or where to look? I've been at this for hours now and completely at my wits end. Thanks for any help :D

Cheer

Shane

Hi

this contribution seems great, but for some reason I get the following error on my catalog site:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_listing_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '22'

have any of you had a similar problem and how did you fix it? I even have that problem on a fresh installed osC... I've intalled all the updates except for that "Slave Accessories Infobox"

I've tried to solve this myself for few days now, but I finally decided to post, since I couldn't find a working solution on these boards so far. May it have to do something with missing product details (what are all the necessary product details one must have of product?)

That error I showed you on my last message comes when I try to view all products from a certain manufacturer or any other subcategory listing feature.

I've strugled for nothing, as it just seems that the Master Products isn't working with the latest osC version... has anyone had any luck making this contribution work with the latest osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 051112?

I wanted to have somebody who buys particular items on my site get offered "recommended additional items" when they add a certain item to my cart. There could be several of these so I installed the Master Products contribution, and proceeded to install all of the other little "fixes" to allow for multiple masters for one slave etc. I also installed the easy populate contribution for what it is worth. Here is what is happening:

If I choose a product ORIGINALLY ENTERED as a master product, it will add to my cart (though I still have to manually change the quantity to 1 every time!!!). If I choose a slave item, when I hit BUY NOW (which does not display quantities, by the way) I get the first MASTER product associated with the slave item in my cart. If no master products are associated, I get an empty cart. It is passing the wrong variable (product ID).

Ironically, I can not get the actual original feature to work at all either (which is that when I add a master product with 4 slaves associated with it, I do not get ANY slaves!)

At this point, I am feeling like giving up and trying to uninstall the entire contribution. It was a geat idea, but...

Great contribution, i have installed version 1.1.5

but i am having a bizarre problem with the shopping cart, i can only add either a slave to the cart or if i change my product_info.php (.tpl.php in my case template) from 'action=add_slave' to 'action=add_product' only the rest of the products (but not the slaves are able to be added).

i think its something to do with the buy now /add to cart button or process works.

have a look here for sim backup

sim backup is the master, sim card backup and sim card backup red are the slaves, - with the action=add_product set you can't buy the slaves

(ignore the no images - i think there is a problem with permissions)

i really could do with this contrib to help stock control - its perfect (if i can get it to work!)

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

i did the available mods and fixes to application.php but they didn't work for me!

this thread is so long I may have missed something somewhere but I found no other solutions so far....

thanks in advance for any assistance

Thanks i redid my products_info file step-by-step and am now making someheadway. :thumbsup:

if you take a look at my test site now, I need to force a quantity > 0 to each product (slave or normal product) that i need to buy, but the shopper would just want to click the add to cart button (i have stock tracking set to true).

Is there some way to remove this extra input required by the shopper? i.e default the product if in stock to be qty 1.

Sorry for the multiple postings but a clue is here:

in product_info.php

<?php
if ($product_info['products_price']>0) {

$qty_array = array();

for ($i=0; $n2 = (($product_info['products_quantity'] < 20) ? $product_info['products_quantity'] : 20), $i <= $n2; $i++) {

$qty_array[] = array('id' => $i, 'text' => $i);
}
?>

if I change the $i=0 to $i=1, then the dropdown is forced to qty 1 and everything works how I want it to .....except that I dont want to see the qty dropdowns or the text in the product description. This would be how i would finally like it.

I tried to change the field types to hidden and input and also tried commenting out, but it seems that if the '1' is not displayed it will not add to cart!

Thanks in advance ;)

Hi, we sell products which we can screen print for an additional price.

This is what we charge for screen printing only:

We have a setup charge (which does not apply to reorders) of $35 and then a sliding scale along the lines of 1-10 items $2.00 each, 11-20 $1.80 each and so on.

My main product is sold on a similar sliding scale with the same price breaks and I use the quantity price break mod for this.

Can I make my main product a master with this mod and add the setup charge and screen printing charge?

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have master products set so that a slave product image opens the pop-up image window when it's clicked instead of the product itself, and the product name is a clickable link to the product instead? I'm sure I can do it, but if someone else has done it already I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel :)

Hello Gang

I'm trying to help a friend install osplayer v2 and master products. I've had no problem installing master products it works perfectly. But there is one line of code that both contribs use and I don't know how to merge it so they will both work.

Would some kind soul please offer a suggestion?

catalog/admin/categories.php

Master Products has the line coded as:

//Master Products
		if (tep_get_products_master_status($pInfo->products_id) !=1) {
		$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=new_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=delete_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=move_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_move.gif', IMAGE_MOVE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=copy_to') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_copy_to.gif', IMAGE_COPY_TO) . '</a>');
	  } else {
		$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=new_master') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=delete_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=move_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_move.gif', IMAGE_MOVE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=copy_to') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_copy_to.gif', IMAGE_COPY_TO) . '</a>');			  
	  }
//Master Products EOF

Osplayer v2 calls for this change:

///////
//// osplayer V2 start //
		$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=new_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=delete_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=move_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_move.gif', IMAGE_MOVE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=copy_to') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_copy_to.gif', IMAGE_COPY_TO) . '</a>?<a href="' . tep_href_link("mp3manager.php", 'product_id=' . $pInfo->products_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('mp3manager.gif', "mp3 manager") . '</a>');
//// osplayer V2 end //
///////

I've been searching the boards and reading all the posts in each support thread for both contribs but still haven't come up with a solution. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

-- Mindy

Edited by InnocentlyWiked

does anyone have master products set so that a slave product image opens the pop-up image window when it's clicked instead of the product itself, and the product name is a clickable link to the product instead? I'm sure I can do it, but if someone else has done it already I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel :)

Actually now I've played with it I can see it's not so simple :( The javascript is hard to wedge into the lc_text variable! Perhaps a simple target="_blank would work but then the new window wouldn't be the right size... hmmm...

Hello Gang

I'm trying to help a friend install osplayer v2 and master products. I've had no problem installing master products it works perfectly. But there is one line of code that both contribs use and I don't know how to merge it so they will both work.

Would some kind soul please offer a suggestion?

<snipped code>

I've been searching the boards and reading all the posts in each support thread for both contribs but still haven't come up with a solution. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

-- Mindy

The only difference between the two actions from the if/else bit in the master products is $pInfo->products_id . '&action=new_product' vs $pInfo->products_id . '&action=new_master' so would it work to make an if/else with the osplayer line along those lines?

eta like this:

//Master Products/osplayer v2
if (tep_get_products_master_status($pInfo->products_id) !=1) {
$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=new_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=delete_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=move_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_move.gif', IMAGE_MOVE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=copy_to') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_copy_to.gif', IMAGE_COPY_TO) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link("mp3manager.php", 'product_id=' . $pInfo->products_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('mp3manager.gif', "mp3 manager") . '</a>');
} else {
$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=new_master') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=delete_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=move_product') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_move.gif', IMAGE_MOVE) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&action=copy_to') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_copy_to.gif', IMAGE_COPY_TO) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link("mp3manager.php", 'product_id=' . $pInfo->products_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('mp3manager.gif', "mp3 manager") . '</a>'); 
}
//Master Products/osplayer v2 EOF

Edited by trogette

Sorry for the multiple postings but a clue is here:

in product_info.php

<?php
if ($product_info['products_price']>0) {

$qty_array = array();

for ($i=0; $n2 = (($product_info['products_quantity'] < 20) ? $product_info['products_quantity'] : 20), $i <= $n2; $i++) {

$qty_array[] = array('id' => $i, 'text' => $i);
}
?>

if I change the $i=0 to $i=1, then the dropdown is forced to qty 1 and everything works how I want it to .....except that I dont want to see the qty dropdowns or the text in the product description. This would be how i would finally like it.

I tried to change the field types to hidden and input and also tried commenting out, but it seems that if the '1' is not displayed it will not add to cart!

Thanks in advance ;)

chet did you get this sorted? I did it for the master/slave listings but can't remember how now but I'll go look next time I'm in the code (it's a bit late now!!) On a similar note, I didn't have a quantity dropdown on normal products until I added Master Products and now it's there, and I want rid of it! Help!!

chet did you get this sorted? I did it for the master/slave listings but can't remember how now but I'll go look next time I'm in the code (it's a bit late now!!) On a similar note, I didn't have a quantity dropdown on normal products until I added Master Products and now it's there, and I want rid of it! Help!!

Aha, I found the fix for the quantity dropdown on non-master/slaves here now I'm off to look again at the checkbox/add to cart thing...

Any fix on Master Products 1.1.5 with oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113 I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_listing_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '15'

[TEP STOP]

sorry didnt read the whole thread, is there an advance install guide because it was not there in download, want to knw what all code to replace as i already installed my shop and OSplayer, os i f i replace thses files both my template and OS commernce will dead, so plz help

I have made it work on the newest release but it was on a site where I completely modified the front end, so I don't have what an install would look like on a fresh install of OSC. It was terrible to implement trying to follow just plain comments but as for the error juanmanuel is getting paste this

//Master Products

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_master, p.products_master_status, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'" . " and p.products_listing_status = '1'";

}

}

//Master Products EOF

in the index.php file instead of what is currently shown in the index.php file included with the package, it will fix that error.

There are so many posts in that contribution list that I simply used the last full version that was posted by the original author Master Products - 1.1.5.

Are there any plans to put a revised version with all these updates added? It gets sooo confusing having to patch line by line.. im not that good of a coder so Im pretty bad a spotting mistakes on ground im not too familiar with so a revised update pack would be cool. I notice the last release or update was 2005.

I tried installing 1.1.5 but it just gave me lots of grief and I ended up having to restore my oscommerce install so i must have bodged up a patch or something.

Are there any plans to put a revised version with all these updates added? It gets sooo confusing having to patch line by line.. im not that good of a coder so Im pretty bad a spotting mistakes on ground im not too familiar with so a revised update pack would be cool. I notice the last release or update was 2005.

I tried installing 1.1.5 but it just gave me lots of grief and I ended up having to restore my oscommerce install so i must have bodged up a patch or something.

Yes, there is a new version in beta testing - essentially its just a matter of me finding the time to release it :blush:

Matti