• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

hi, did anyone try to install master products combined with the family products contibutions?

i tried but failed as both contribs look similar.

- they both have this same sql line

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (16, 'Master Products', 'Master Products - configuration options', 16, 1);

however, to try to solve this problem i did for the Family products sql the following code.

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (17, 'Family Products', 'Family Products - configuration options', 17, 1);

here i changed the values of 16 (default) to 17 and i did not get any error.

- Also in admin/categories.php i tried to accomodate both contribs and i do get a parse error from the family products contrib. bit and catalog menu in admin only opens up if the Family products codes are cancelled out but without any button showing.

// Master Products
							  'products_listing_status' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_listing_status']),
							  'products_master_status' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_master_status']),
							  'products_tax_class_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_tax_class_id']),
							  'manufacturers_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_id']),
							  'products_master' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_master']));

// Master Products EOF

// Family Products							  
							  'manufacturers_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_id']),
							  'products_family' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_family']));
// Family Products EOF

anyone knows how to fix this? how to merge Master products and family products contibutions? :blush: :blush: :blush: :(

many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i recently integrated the contrib Master Products into a shop.

i think there is a logical problem with the shopping cart:

when i add a product package consisting of a master and several slaves to the shopping cart, they all appear there as separate products, i.e. i can change their number and remove them from the shop.

this is also possible when using products that are marked as hidden. afaik the idea behind hiding a product is to make it impossible to sell this product standalone.

the customer can bypass this by selecting a package with a hidden slave and remove all other products, but the hidden slave.

is there a workaround for this problem?

Hi,

i recently integrated the contrib Master Products into a shop.

i think there is a logical problem with the shopping cart:

when i add a product package consisting of a master and several slaves to the shopping cart, they all appear there as separate products, i.e. i can change their number and remove them from the shop.

this is also possible when using products that are marked as hidden. afaik the idea behind hiding a product is to make it impossible to sell this product standalone.

the customer can bypass this by selecting a package with a hidden slave and remove all other products, but the hidden slave.

is there a workaround for this problem?

The "problem" is only your own - Master Products is a tool that can be used in many different ways - that is up to you as a developer - if you wish for the slaves only to be part of a 'package' then you must modify the code accordingly :D

The idea behind hiding a product is not as you describe it - it is for simplicity in the catalog where it is not necessary or is undesirable to display the slave product in the product listing - see here:

Musica360

It is certainly desirable in the above example for slaves to be purchased individually B)

Matti

I have a great and burning love for this mod (despite the fact that it is making me tear my hair out in frustration).

If anyone has gotten it working on top of Advanced Categories Admin (ACA), I could sure use some help figuring out what goes where. (If no one has attempted this feat, I won't clog the topic with my extremely esoteric questions).

... or (hardly daring to hope here) ... if anyone knows of an ACA module for Master Products (or would whip one up for us), that would SO make my day. :)

Many thanks in advance.

The code in admin/categories.php can be simplified greatly - there is much there that looked forward to further development but I simply have not had the time. You may remove the entire block of code for add_master, update_master and simply keep the checkbox for 'assign as master' on the regular product edit page - it only needs to flag products_master_status as '1' - thats it, just a checkbox and variable.

Matti

hello community

after struggeling to connect oscommerce with my retail/warehouse software I finally found thisgreat contribution.

as I am not english native and this thread is really loooooooong ;) I tried to search it and crawl but didn't find anything

is it possible to display the variations of an article differently in frontend?

I mean instead of a list will all slaves in master something like this:

https://www.sportspirit.de/product_info.php...roducts_id=2657

if you have a product family consiting of 3 attributes like

shirts for

mal/female

5 colours

5 sizes

this makes 50 items

a dropdown solution like the one in the link above woud be very nice

unfortunately the folks do not respond :(

anybody already thought or even coded s.th. similar?

we definately cannot use osc standard options as all 50 articles will have 50 different article numbers

greetz dahui

I finally found a similar request to mine in this thread, reading backwords on page 9 ;) took me some time :lol:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=332240

Fourbit had a similar approach-request but i didn't find a solution yet

so maybe matti might find the time to drop some lines, as I assume he knows best what is posiible or even better was already coded, which des not mean that I do not appreciate the communities input as well ;)

greetz

dahui

First off, this is a great contribution and I believe it is very close to what I am looking for.

My question (simple) - Is it possible to add multiple slave products while keeping the master attributes?

Now in more detail... I work for a printing company who is wanting to go online and offer custom screenprinting services. My idea here was to set the master as the main t-shirt design (art upload, set-up charge, etc.) and use the slaves as sizes (S,M,L, etc.) and then adding the slaves to the cart at once while inhereting the master attributes.

I have searched the thread and found a lot of good information here that has given me even more ideas, but nothing quite along these lines. I am sure I am just missing something simple here. Any assistance here would be appreciated.

I am looking for a way to check and see if a slave product is blank, and if so, to auto-populate it with the master product's description.

Seems like this would be fairly straightforward, but I don't want to do anythign to break MP.

Edited by aquagerbil

Hello everyone,

I am new to this whole installation process. I am trying to install Master_products-v1.1.5. Do I install this contribution first than do the fixes that came after Master_products-v1.1.5???

or do i just ftp filles in the Master_products-v1.1.5 to my oscommerce or do i need to do anything the these files first.

The reason I am asking because I did all of that and I got an error message, so I am not sure if I installed it correctly.

On the website I got the following error message:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_listing_status' in 'where clause'

select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_listing_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit 9

When I run master.sql i got the following error:

SQL-query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group

VALUES ( 16, 'Slave Products', 'Slave Product Listing - configuration options', 16, 1 )

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '16' for key 1

Thanks in advance,

Albert

can anyone help me to solve pagination problem: http://parfumania.com.ua/catalog/index.php...013e395cf3d61fe

it only appears when accessing some of Manufacturers from left box drop-down form.

debugging output:

Array
(
[products_image] => casmir 2.jpg
[products_name] => Chopard Casmir
[products_description] => Casmir was launched by Chopard in 1991 as a sharp,
[products_id] => 2526
[manufacturers_id] => 44
[products_price] => 0.0000
[products_tax_class_id] => 0
[specials_new_products_price] => 
[final_price] => 0.0000
[products_master] => 0
)
Array
(
[products_image] => 
[products_name] => Chopard Casmir eau de toilette 100 ml spray
[products_description] => 
[products_id] => 2527
[manufacturers_id] => 44
[products_price] => 89.0000
[final_price] => 89.0000
[products_master] => 2526
)
Array
(
[products_image] => Casran.jpg
[products_name] => Chopard Casran
[products_description] => Launched by the design house of CASRAN in 1999, CASRAN
[products_id] => 269
[manufacturers_id] => 44
[products_price] => 0.0000
[final_price] => 0.0000
[products_master] => 0
)
Array
(
[products_image] => 
[products_name] => Chopard Casran eau de toilette  40 ml spray
[products_id] => 270
[manufacturers_id] => 44
[products_price] => 32.0000
[final_price] => 32.0000
[products_master] => 269
)
Array
(
[products_image] => 
[products_name] => Chopard Casran eau de toilette  75 ml spray
[products_id] => 1888
[manufacturers_id] => 44
[products_price] => 42.0000
[final_price] => 42.0000
[products_master] => 269
)

as you can see ther're some empty products images and other data...

SQL:

$listing_sql = "select 
				" . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, 
				p.manufacturers_id, 
				p.products_price, 
				p.products_tax_class_id, 
			IF
				(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) 
			as 
				specials_new_products_price, 
			IF
				(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) 
			as 
				final_price, 
				p.products_master 
			from 
				" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, 
				" . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, 
				" . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m 
			left join 
				" . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s 
			on 
				p.products_id = s.products_id 
			where 
				p.products_status = '1' 
			and 
				pd.products_id = p.products_id 
			and 
				pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' 
			and 
				p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id 
			and 
				m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";

any clue?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm frustrated. I've read through this long post and it is late...

The problem is simple. When you add a slave product to the cart -- the cart shows up empty. If you add a slave product from it's master product page, it works fine. It seems that it is not passing the required quantity field because the form tag is using add_slave. It seems the solution would be to either pass this required quantity field to work with the add_slave script, OR use the standard add_product in the form tag.

Can someone please help me with this? Thank you!

Dear all,

is it possible to remove the line" Displaying 1 to 1 (of 1 products) Result Pages: 1 " below the slave list?

Thanks

Chris

Yes - there is a setting for this in admin>>configuration>>slave listing :)

Matti

Okay, fixed this, sorry for the trouble, alas it always comes down to human error

I am having this same error, can you please explain what you did to fix it? The URL where the problem is, is http://www.harostreetmusic.com/catalog/pro...&products_id=28 when viewing the master, the slave doesn't show and the error comes up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Oh I have MP 1.1.5 installed also with downloads controller, but I pasted the code from the MP files into my source, not to cause any compatability probs with anything else. Thanks.

I am having this same error, can you please explain what you did to fix it? The URL where the problem is, is http://www.harostreetmusic.com/catalog/pro...&products_id=28 when viewing the master, the slave doesn't show and the error comes up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Oh I have MP 1.1.5 installed also with downloads controller, but I pasted the code from the MP files into my source, not to cause any compatability probs with anything else. Thanks.

ok I fixed this by adding the missing function from another script. I guess I didn't have it because I only copy and paster the part marked as Master Products code.

A Great contribution!

Would it be quite simple to remove the master product quantity box - so that only 1 can be bought?

And then can a checkbox be added to the slave products - and only 1 of each be purchased also?

Look forward to someones help!

From what I heard from Mediajungle ... There will be a new release of Master Products in a "couple of weeks" with lots of new features. Perhaps, I'll fix some of the problems you are having. I'll be waiting patiently for the new release.

Peace,

-nocloo

==

I installed this contribution on a clean site and am still get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_listing_status' in 'where clause'

Can someone please help? Thanks.

its missing the column in the database...

you need to run the sql command via phpMyAdmin or simular!

greetz john

Thanks. I tried running the SQL statement again and it worked.

Does anyone know how to edit the output of the table in product_info?

I would like to change the background color of the header of the table and also add the Quantity IN STOCK...

Any idea where I could find out how to do this?

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to do this....

When you have:

MASTER -> SomeBrandName T-Shirt

SLAVE -> Green XL

SLAVE -> Green L

SLAVE -> Blue XL

SLAVE -> Blue L

When I add these products to the cart they are simply called - Blue XL but doesn't give anymore information. Is there a way, other than adding SomeBrandName T-Shirt before each Slave Name, to make it so that MASTER_NAME is displayed before SLAVE_NAME when added to the shopping cart.

I would like to change the background color of the header of the table and also add the Quantity IN STOCK...

Any idea where I could find out how to do this?

Figured out how to do this in the admin section.

Also I forgot to ask this earlier. In the table where it says Model, Name, Select, Price, etc. the Name has a + after it - Name+. Any ideas?

A Great contribution!

Would it be quite simple to remove the master product quantity box - so that only 1 can be bought?

And then can a checkbox be added to the slave products - and only 1 of each be purchased also?

Look forward to someones help!

Hi dickydixon,

I am using digital music downloads for this example here. Actually it's not too difficult depending on how you have stuff set up. What I did is have 2 separate forms on the product_info.php page each with it's own add to cart button.

One to post the Master Product (e.g. if you have an album and just want to add the album)

The second to post the Slave Products (e.g if you want to select just a couple of tracks from the album)

To allow only one Product to be bought.

1. The first form around the master product, I have the form pass the default post action of action=add_product (which is the default action in the unmodified Os commerce installation) and I uncomment the lines that draws the pull down menu which is ( tep_draw_pull_down_menu('Qty_ProdId_' . $product_info['products_id'], $qty_array) ; )

To add checkboxes to the Slave products instead of the pull down menu do this.

Resources with information to do this tasks.

1.) The catalog/includes/modules/master_listing.php page builds the Slave Products layout.

2.) The catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php contains the functions to build various form elements from form fields to hidden fields etc.

In the catalog/includes/modules/master_listing.php look for the switch statement with the case " case 'MASTER_LIST_BUY_NOW': " That switch statement builds the pull down menue of the slave listings.

"Comment Out" or delete it and replace it with

case 'MASTER_LIST_BUY_NOW':

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_valign = 'top';

$lc_text = tep_draw_checkbox_field('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing['products_id'], $value = (int)1);

break;

The important variable is the $lc_text which contains the call to the function located in the catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php page to output a checkbox field.

That's it and you're doen . Have fun.

Investigate the functions in the catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php for other variable you can pass to that function such as have the checkbox checked by default etc.

Hope it helps.

I'm frustrated. I've read through this long post and it is late...

The problem is simple. When you add a slave product to the cart -- the cart shows up empty. If you add a slave product from it's master product page, it works fine. It seems that it is not passing the required quantity field because the form tag is using add_slave. It seems the solution would be to either pass this required quantity field to work with the add_slave script, OR use the standard add_product in the form tag.

Can someone please help me with this? Thank you!

Was there another answer to this problem? I am having a similiar one and I am having problems finding the solution.

Also, I am selling digital files and after I installed Master Products, the download links don't show up on my Master Products that make it to the shopping cart. Is there someone who can help me with this? Thank you!

I have installed this manually because I am already using STS Plus, Wolfen Featured Sets & Big Image contributions. In the admin, I was able to access the Slave Products configuration and make the necessary changes there. However, when I try to access my admin Catalog page, I receive this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/path/to OsC/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 1900

There is no $ there (which is the last line of the file). I even tried removing the last line, and the error just moved up to the next line.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would certainly appreciate it. Here is a link to a text file with my code in it.

Thanks in advance!