• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

Hello once again!!!

I have an interesting problem. I hope someone can help. I changed a regular product (with the ID#88) to be a master product and added slaves. When I checked it in the store, I also have 2 extra slaves. So, I went to take a look--thinking maybe I put in #88 on these 2 slaves.... but the number there was #188. I took it off, and they went off the master product #88. I put 188 back on the slave, and it returns on #88!!!

It is also still changing on product ID#188 at the same time.

For some reason, the slave does not reconize the difference between 188 and 88. Since I have +300 products (Slaves, Masters, Regulars) this is not a good situation.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting this issue resolved?

Thank you.

tracy :)

I'm thinking it has something to do with some coding somewhere.... but I have no clue because PHP is greek to me.

I tried deleting the master and re-entering it to give it a different ID#, and now it's slaves are on another master product--more of the same..... sigh :( Right now, I have 45 different masters, and about 50 more to enter.... and countless slaves. I tried to go directly into the database and change the ID numbers there--thinking I could then control the nubmers and keep from any repeating (ie 188 and 88, 256 and 56) but then the product I changed the number on (and this was in the products table) disappeared completely. I changed the ID back, and it came back.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!! ANY suggestions would be wonderful because I'm out of ideas and don't know where to begin to look.... did anyone have a similar problem? what did you do???

Lost & Bewildered.....

Tracy

I need help with removing the drop down menu for attributes. on master_listing.php I have seen this done. if I null out the line then download controller does not work.

Also how do I make it so when I purchase master it adds all the slaves to the shoping cart?

Any help would be apreciated.

Edited by theyhavelanded

I got your contribution and also added a contribution for multiple columns, everything looks great in my admin panel, no errors.

My Questions is:

As you know I will be selling back issues of magazines, I would like the year to be the master and each month to be a slave however I will have many of the same years and each of them will have many of the same month issues.

I have looked and for the life of me I can't figure out a way to set it up the way I need it to be. I would appreciate any ideas you might have, I would also appreciate anyones input.

This is so overwhelming when you are new :(

I got your contribution and also added a contribution for multiple columns, everything looks great in my admin panel, no errors.

My Questions is:

As you know I will be selling back issues of magazines, I would like the year to be the master and each month to be a slave however I will have many of the same years and each of them will have many of the same month issues.

I have looked and for the life of me I can't figure out a way to set it up the way I need it to be. I would appreciate any ideas you might have, I would also appreciate anyones input.

This is so overwhelming when you are new :(

This should have been posted in the support thread for master Products, somehow I screwed up could a monitor move the post for me

Thank you very much

"If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But...if it's REAL...you'll feel it."

This is what immediately comes to my mind - your magazines are *each* a subcategory, then under these your years as Masters and the months as Slaves

It will be important for the Search function that the name of the Masters and Slaves have the magazine name, eg.

• Master - "Magazine Name - 1973"
  • Slave - Magazine Name - 1973-03"

Matti

I am trying to install Master Products - MS2 v1 for Os

Commerce.

However, I am a novice. I am not competent with php.

I was wondering if you could send me instructions for

a novice, such as the correct path to install files?

There are so many folders witht the same names and I

am not sure where to install the files.

Thansk in advance

Okay I think I got it. except I do not see how to associate slaves with masters.

Any advice would be appreciated.

When you go into your admin panel, you can associate slaves to masters there. If it's already a product in your store you want to make a slave, just edit the product and at the bottom it will ask you what master you want to associate it with.

Hi

I am hoping someone can help, I installed master products to a clean install of oscommerce ms2.2 and everything was going fine, I then deleted the sample data and started to add my own info and got this distressing message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_master_status() in /web/home/httpd/vhosts/thebeatmakers.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 1567

Edited by Johnson

Hi

I am hoping someone can help, I installed master products to a clean install of oscommerce ms2.2 and everything was going fine, I then deleted the sample data and started to add my own info and got this distressing message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_master_status() in /web/home/httpd/vhosts/thebeatmakers.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 1567

You have made a sloppy install - the function is missing from general.php, so you didn't install the file included in the package or you installed in the wrong directory

Matti

:-"

You have made a sloppy install - the function is missing from general.php, so you didn't install the file included in the package or you installed in the wrong directory

Matti

Hi Matti, thanks for your response, what should be my next move should i just copy general.php from the package to includes/function/ and admin/includes/function ? Or must I start again, I am kind of new to this but have been sitting in front of it for hours over the past few days I used beyond compare to make the changes.

I get this following error when viewing product info in my store.

I am using master products contributions and I now I'm missing something

What do I need to do, to correct the following error?

Thanks in advance

[TEXT_SLAVE_PRODUCTS

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: osc_trunc_string() in /home/realtyc/public_html/Storeorders/includes/modules/master_listing.php on line 127

Okay, i'm about to reinstall master products.

On the text file master.txt

Exactly where in the configuration file do I copy an paste these VALUES?

Thank you for Your help.

it reads:

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES

('', 'Display Slave Product Name', 'MASTER_LIST_NAME', '5', 'Do you wish to display the products name?', 16, 1, '2003-11-17 20:22:53', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES

('', 'Display Slave Product Price', 'MASTER_LIST_PRICE', '13', 'Do you want to display the Product Price?', 16, 3, '2003-11-16 20:47:55', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Manufacturer Name', 'MASTER_LIST_MANUFACTURER', '0', 'Do you want to display the Product Manufacturer Name?', 16, 4, NULL, '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Image', 'MASTER_LIST_IMAGE', '0', 'Do you want to display the Product Image?', 16, 8, '2003-11-10 21:38:06', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Model', 'MASTER_LIST_MODEL', '1', 'Do you want to display the Product Model?', 16, 2, '2003-11-16 22:10:58', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Quantity', 'MASTER_LIST_QUANTITY', '0', 'Do you want to display the Product Quantity?', 16, 6, '2003-11-09 22:49:47', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Weight', 'MASTER_LIST_WEIGHT', '0', 'Do you want to display the Product Weight?', 16, 5, NULL, '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both)', 'MASTER_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION', '2', ' Sets the location of the Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both)', 16, 12, '2003-11-10 01:02:58', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display the Buy Now Column', 'MASTER_LIST_BUY_NOW', '10', 'Do you want to display the Buy Now column?', 16, 9, '2003-11-12 19:02:59', '2003-11-09 20:38:04', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Description', 'MASTER_LIST_DESCRIPTION', '2', 'Set to 0 to disable, set to 99 to enable.', 16, 10, '2003-11-17 19:02:49', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Length of Truncated Product Description', 'MASTER_LIST_DESCRIPTION_LENGTH', '100', 'How many characters would you like to display?', 16, 11, '2003-11-10 23:36:52', '2003-11-10 18:51:26', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (16, 'Slave Products', 'Slave Product Listing - configuration options', 16, 1);

ALTER TABLE products ADD products_master int(11) NOT NULL default '0';

ALTER TABLE products ADD products_master_status tinyint(2) NOT NULL default '0';

ALTER TABLE products ADD products_listing_status tinyint(2) NOT NULL default '1';

Matti

hi matti, i reinstalled osc ms2 (clean shop) and tried to installed the master products version 1.1.5 contrib as advised, however, i am still getting the following error eventhough no changes to site being made.

Error

SQL-query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group

VALUES ( 16, 'Slave Products', 'Slave Product Listing - configuration options', 16, 1 )

MySQL said: Documentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry '16' for key 1

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\phpmyadmin\libraries\common.lib.php on line 685

i do not know where this come from. :( any idea on how to solve my problem?

many thanks.

This is for those who have large stores like mine. Eventually someone will run into the same problem I did. To cap real quick, I had so many masters that one master was id#88 and another was id#188 when I asigned a slave to #188, it also showed up on #88.

This is my quick fix (took awhile to figure out considering I have no idea about PHP or SQL):::

In the file admin/categories.php I added in a coma instead of a space here:

document.forms["new_product"].products_master.value = theValue+','+masValue;

Then in the file includes/module/master_products.php and in product_info.php I changed the WHERE/LIKE statement to read as such:

where products_master LIKE '%" . ',' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . ',' . "%'

Then I went into all my slaves and changed the products master to read ",#,##,###," It's important that it starts out AND ENDS with a coma because it takes the numbers between the comas.

It's not perfect, and your slaves in your list no longer look like slave products (I guess you could add any number at the beginning because it won't be considered a master product for the slave) but I'm in a hurry, and now that I have the fix for this, I thought I'd share it with everyone because, as I said before, someone will have a large store as well, and have this problem......

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks to Matti for building this contrib, and thanks for all the support sites that teach PHP and SQL. I have learned quite a bit, and understand it a little bit more now.

Tracy :)

Edited by ratmarie

Eventually someone will run into the same problem I did. To cap real quick, I had so many masters that one master was id#88 and another was id#188 when I asigned a slave to #188, it also showed up on #88.
It surely looks like this will work, but if you have to go in your tables with phpMyAdmin to get this fixed, you can just as well use Xen's solution (see post 934 and post 940 on page 47) for this. I use that one myself and it works fine.

It surely looks like this will work, but if you have to go in your tables with phpMyAdmin to get this fixed, you can just as well use Xen's solution (see post 934 and post 940 on page 47) for this. I use that one myself and it works fine.

I didn't go into my tables to fix it... on the catalog admin where it shows the id numbers for the master products, I just inserted comas. :)

Thanks for telling me about Xen's solution--I had searched and searched and searched (both using "search" and just going through page after page) and did not see this. I will be sure to check it out. :thumbsup:

Kinda wish someone would have said something when I first posted my problem.

I didn't go into my tables to fix it... on the catalog admin where it shows the id numbers for the master products, I just inserted commas.
That is an attractive thing for the solution you used, having the admin side already fixed.

I learned from another contribution something that might be more appropriate for this and that is using the mysql function find_in_set. Now find_in_set doesn't like an empty database field so the solution for that was to make that field default to @ (not numeric, so no problem). Then for every other number to be added you would add ",number".

find_in_set returns 0 if it doesn't find it, and the index number where it is in the list of comma separated strings that is used for the comparison. In this case it would be something like:

where find_in_set('". (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . '", products_master) != 0)

Casting the GET variable to an integer might not be a bad idea either, to avoid any chance of SQL injection.

That is an attractive thing for the solution you used, having the admin side already fixed.

I learned from another contribution something that might be more appropriate for this and that is using the mysql function find_in_set. Now find_in_set doesn't like an empty database field so the solution for that was to make that field default to @ (not numeric, so no problem). Then for every other number to be added you would add ",number".

find_in_set returns 0 if it doesn't find it, and the index number where it is in the list of comma separated strings that is used for the comparison. In this case it would be something like:

where find_in_set('". (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . '", products_master) != 0)

Casting the GET variable to an integer might not be a bad idea either, to avoid any chance of SQL injection.

Cool. I'll have to remember that. Never heard of find_in_set, but that sounds like something that would work great for this.

Hi forum members,

I installed master_products-contrib, and it works very well.

But now I have a problem with my product_listing and I need some help.

I want to have such a listing:

You can see it here: listing

Is it possible and what I have to do.

Could you by any chance be able to help?

Thanks in advance,

Lydia

Hi there.

Most probably my question is allready answered in this forum, but i couldn't find it.

Q: How can you assign several masters to the same slave.

Any help is welcome

Ok Forget about it.

I found it at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1681

Yeah i'm an idiot, i know.

I have a great and burning love for this mod (despite the fact that it is making me tear my hair out in frustration).

If anyone has gotten it working on top of Advanced Categories Admin (ACA), I could sure use some help figuring out what goes where. (If no one has attempted this feat, I won't clog the topic with my extremely esoteric questions).

... or (hardly daring to hope here) ... if anyone knows of an ACA module for Master Products (or would whip one up for us), that would SO make my day. :)

Many thanks in advance.