• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

My site I sell fishing items, such as line and have the master as ABC fishing line then slaves as 10 lb, 20 lb etc.

I want to remove the description from the slave, as the name is adequate and instead of  the drop down quatity box I would like to have the add to cart button on each line.

I would also like to edit the "what's new here" page and take out the buy it now button because only the masters are shown on this page.

I dont know what files I need to edit

Thank You

Go to Admin, Configuration, Slave Products and then make your choices of what you want to be displayed there.

Rather than edit the Whats New Page, Have a look at the "Featured Products" Contribution. This allows complete control over what is shown on this page

Edited by Sierrab

Hi Steve!

I?m sorry. I guess I don?t understand what you mean with the master attributes. Can you describe me, what this is?

Regards,

Schroedy_1

You can give products attributes in Admin such as products available in different sizes or colours. Master Products don't need to have attributes....I thought that might have been the cause of your problem>

Steve

You can give products attributes in Admin such as products available in different sizes or colours. Master Products don't need to have attributes....I thought that might have been the cause of your problem>

Steve

Huhm, I guess, that?s not the problem. I don?t have attributes on the masters. I deleted them, because I want to use now the great Master Products Contrib.

I got an idea. Is it possible to write a code and add it to the product_info containing the following meaning: If I configure the master quantity to 999 and write a command for exactly an amount of 999 (=> if master quantity is 999 then add TEXT_STOCK_NEW under the picture.... or something like that)... Do you know what I mean? The problem is that I can write a commanc for that because I?m not good enough in php...

Regards,

Schroedy_1

Master Products and Separate Pricing Per Customer

I have SPPC 4.11 installed and want to add Master Products. Although I'm not really a programmer, I took a look at the files to see if I could do this myself. After comparing the index.php files, I'm already confused. And there are 14 files to modify.

Has anyone published a contribution or set of step-by-step instructions on how to do this? Or, if you have successfully done this, can you post the code that needs to be modified?

Thanks in advance.

I'm very new to this and trying to figure it out...reading many many pages in this thread trying to figure out what I'm suppose to do. I'm trying to follow the steps in teh MP Attributes Install Rev 4 and I think I understood step 1 and 2 but number 3 I dont' know where to put the code as I don't see anything about slaves.

Here is step 3:

Step 3
------

Add to 

catalog/includes/modules/master_listing.php 

in the switch statement for the slave 

details:

case 'MASTER_LIST_OPTIONS':

$lc_align = 'align="center"';
$lc_text = '';

/////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////
         // BOF: attribute options
         $opt_count=0;
         $products_options_name = 

tep_db_query("select distinct 

popt.products_options_id, 

popt.products_options_name from " . 

TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . 

TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where 

patrib.products_id='" . $listing

['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = 

popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id 

= '" . $languages_id . "'");
         while 

($products_options_name_values = 

tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name)) {
           $opt_count++;
           $products_options_array = array

();
           $lc_text .= '<b>' . 

$products_options_name_values

['products_options_name'] . '</b><br />' . 

"\n";
              $products_options = 

tep_db_query("select 

pov.products_options_values_id, 

pov.products_options_values_name, 

pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from 

" . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . 

TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where 

pa.products_id = '" . (int)$listing

['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . 

(int)$products_options_name_values

['products_options_id'] . "' and 

pa.options_values_id = 

pov.products_options_values_id and 

pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . 

"'");

while ($products_options_values 

= tep_db_fetch_array($products_options)) {
              $products_options_array[] = 

array('id' => $products_options_values

['products_options_values_id'], 'text' => 

$products_options_values

['products_options_values_name'], 'style' => 

'');
              if ($products_options_values

['options_values_price'] != '0') {
                $products_options_array

[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] 

.= ' (' . $products_options_values

['price_prefix'] . $currencies-

>display_price($products_options_values

['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate

($product_info_values

['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';
              }
            }
           $lc_text .= 

tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id_'.$listing

['products_id'].'[' . 

$products_options_name_values

['products_options_id'] . ']', 

$products_options_array);
           $lc_text .= '<br />';
         }
         if($opt_count==0) {
           $lc_text = MASTER_TEXT_NONE;
         }
         // EOF: attribute options

/////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////

break;

Here is my master listing file

<?php
/*
 $Id: master_listing.php

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Master Products MS2  - JOHNSON - 05/07/2003 [email protected]

Copyright (c) 2003 Suomedia - Dynamic Content Management

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($master_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'products_master');

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ( (MASTER_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1') || (MASTER_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3') ) ) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr>
   <td class="smallText"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
   <td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }

$list_box_contents = array();

for ($col=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $col<$n; $col++) {
   switch ($column_list[$col]) {
     case 'MASTER_LIST_MODEL':
       $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_MODEL;
       $lc_align = '';
       break;
     case 'MASTER_LIST_NAME':
       $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;
       $lc_align = '';
       break;
     case 'MASTER_LIST_DESCRIPTION':
       $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_DESCRIPTION;
       $lc_align = 'center';
       break;
     case 'MASTER_LIST_ATTRIBUTES':
       $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_ATTRIBUTES;
       $lc_align = 'center';
       break;
     case 'MASTER_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
       $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER;
       $lc_align = '';
       break;
     case 'MASTER_LIST_PRICE':
       $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_PRICE;
       $lc_align = 'right';
       break;
     case 'MASTER_LIST_QUANTITY':
       $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY;
       $lc_align = 'right';
       break;
     case 'MASTER_LIST_WEIGHT':
       $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT;
       $lc_align = 'right';
       break;
     case 'MASTER_LIST_IMAGE':
       $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE;
       $lc_align = 'center';
       break;
     case 'MASTER_LIST_BUY_NOW':
       $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW;
       $lc_align = 'center';
       break;
   }

if ( ($column_list[$col] != 'MASTER_LIST_BUY_NOW') && ($column_list[$col] != 'MASTER_LIST_IMAGE' && ($column_list[$col] != 'MASTER_LIST_MULTIPLE' && ($column_list[$col] != 'MASTER_LIST_DESCRIPTION'))) ) {
     $lc_text = tep_create_sort_heading($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], $col+1, $lc_text);
   }

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => $lc_align,
                                   'params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',
                                   'text' => ' ' . $lc_text . ' ');
 }

if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {
   $rows = 0;
   $master_query = tep_db_query($listing_split->sql_query);
   while ($listing = tep_db_fetch_array($master_query)) {
     $rows++;

if (($rows/2) == floor($rows/2)) {
       $list_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-even"');
     } else {
       $list_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
     }

$cur_row = sizeof($list_box_contents) - 1;

for ($col=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $col<$n; $col++) {
       $lc_align = '';
       $lc_params = '';

switch ($column_list[$col]) {
         case 'MASTER_LIST_MODEL':
           $lc_align = '';
           $lc_text = ' ' . $listing['products_model'] . ' ';
           break;
         case 'MASTER_LIST_NAME':
           $lc_align = '';
           if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
             $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a>';
           } else {
             $lc_text = ' ' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a> ';
           }
           break;
         case 'MASTER_LIST_DESCRIPTION':
           $lc_align = '';
           $lc_text = ' ' . osc_trunc_string(strip_tags($listing['products_description'], '<a><b><em><font><i><s><span><strong><sub><sup><u>'), MASTER_LIST_DESCRIPTION_LENGTH) . ' ';

break;
         case 'MASTER_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
           $lc_align = '';
           $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $listing['manufacturers_id']) . '">' . $listing['manufacturers_name'] . '</a> ';
           break;
         case 'MASTER_LIST_PRICE':
           $lc_align = 'right';
           if (tep_not_null($listing['specials_new_products_price'])) {
             $lc_text = ' <s>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';
           } else {
             $lc_text = ' ' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' ';
           }
           break;
         case 'MASTER_LIST_QUANTITY':
           $lc_align = 'center';
           $lc_text = ' ' . $listing['products_quantity'] . ' ';
           break;
         case 'MASTER_LIST_WEIGHT':
           $lc_align = 'right';
           $lc_text = ' ' . $listing['products_weight'] . ' ';
           break;
         case 'MASTER_LIST_IMAGE':
           $lc_align = 'center';
           if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
             $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
           } else {
             $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a> ';
           }
           break;

$lc_align = 'center';
           $lc_valign = 'top';
           if ((STOCK_CHECK == 'true')&&(tep_get_products_stock($listing['products_id']) < 1)) {
           $lc_text = TEXT_STOCK;
         } elseif ((STOCK_CHECK == 'false')&&(tep_get_products_stock($listing['products_id']) < 1)) {
           $qty_array = array();
           for ($i=0; $ns = 20, $i <= $ns; $i++) {
           $qty_array[] = array('id' => $i, 'text' => $i);

$lc_text = tep_draw_pull_down_menu('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing['products_id'], $qty_array);

}
         } else {
           $quantity = tep_get_products_stock($listing['products_id']);
           $qty_array = array();
           for ($i=0; $ns = (($quantity < 20) ? $quantity : 20), $i <= $ns; $i++) {
           $qty_array[] = array('id' => $i, 'text' => $i);

$lc_text = tep_draw_pull_down_menu('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing['products_id'], $qty_array);

}
       }
          break;
       }
       $list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => $lc_align,
                                              'valign' => $lc_valign,
                                              'params' => 'class="productListing-data"',
                                              'text'  => $lc_text);
     }
   }

new productListingBox($list_box_contents);
 } else {
   $list_box_contents = array();

$list_box_contents[0] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
   $list_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-data"',
                                  'text' => TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS);

new productListingBox($list_box_contents);
 }
?>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
    </table>
<?php
 if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((MASTER_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2') || (MASTER_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) ) {
?>
    <tr>
       <td class="smallText"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
       <td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
    </tr>
   </table>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>

<?php
 }
?>

As I sell shoes I hope to have a master product be the style then the colors be the slave. I would like each slave to have a drop down to selct the size and have quanity control on size. Am I on the right track?

I have downloaded the Master Products v1.1.5 , and im getting an error now on my database located at http://hawaiianjoe.com/catalog/index.php can you please help me out on which is the correct Master Products to download at this site: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...Master+Products

Also do you know why I'm getting that error? I made a back-up of my whole catalog folder, so I just added all the files from that downloaded MP to the one on my Ftp. Well thanks for your help!

Mark

Add the additional text from Rev4 right after these lines

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW;

$lc_align = 'center';

break;

That should do the trick

Steve

Edited by Sierrab

SexyToes,

Another thought on your products....

Would it not be better to use more attributes per shoe rather that Master Products?

Although I only use one attribute (with 2 choices) per product, you may well be better off trying to add more attributes to each shoe

If I get a chance I will look at the docs later today

Steve

I have downloaded the Master Products v1.1.5 , and im getting an error now on my database located at http://hawaiianjoe.com/catalog/index.php can you please help me out on which is the correct Master Products to download at this site: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...Master+Products

Also do you know why I'm getting that error? I made a back-up of my whole catalog folder, so I just added all the files from that downloaded MP to the one on my Ftp. Well thanks for your help!

Mark

It would help if you stated what the error is.... there is nothing apparent look at the link you provided :blink:

Matti

Sierrab could you explain what you mean by more attributes per shoe?

Right now my dilemma is one style of shoe can have say 8 different colors and each of those colors can have a range of upto 12 sizes. Ideally I would like a customer to find a style they like then be able to pick which color and size they would like.

The other possibility I have on my shoes is there can be a "type" of shoe that only comes in say one color (black) but many variations on that "type". THink they are all black and have the same heel but then the rest style one might have rhinestones, style 2 might have no rhinestones, stle 2 has a closed toe, etc.

So I thought using master and slave products would be what I need. My worry is quanity control by the attributes. Is this possilbe? I can of course work with out the control but it will require a lot of me keeping a close eye on things and a potential of a lot of sorry we are out of stock on that size.

Thank you for your help!!

Right now my dilemma is one style of shoe can have say 8 different colors and each of those colors can have a range of upto 12 sizes.  Ideally I would like  a customer to find a style they like then be able to pick which color and size they would like.

The other possibility I have on my shoes is there can be a "type" of shoe that only comes in say one color (black) but many variations on that "type".  THink they are all black and have the same heel but then the rest style one might have rhinestones, style 2 might have no rhinestones, stle 2 has a closed toe, etc.

So I thought using master and slave products would be what I need.  My worry is quanity control by the attributes.  Is this possilbe?  I can of course work with out the control but it will require a lot of me keeping a close eye on things and a potential of a lot of sorry we are out of stock on that size.

If you look at the OSCommerce demo site http://demo.oscommerce.com/product_info.php?products_id=2 you will see aproduct that has several options (or attributes). What you need to do to utilise this is to add one new shoe in admin

Then go to product attributes and following the example there out in eg colour in the first dialog. In the second dialog, you give colour a value of however many colours you have, one at a time. The create a new option type (heel) and add all those variations.

Then in the bottom dialog box you add all those attributes to each product.

Then your customer can choose which variations to pick from drop down boxes.

Steve

Right now my dilemma is one style of shoe can have say 8 different colors and each of those colors can have a range of upto 12 sizes.  Ideally I would like  a customer to find a style they like then be able to pick which color and size they would like.

The other possibility I have on my shoes is there can be a "type" of shoe that only comes in say one color (black) but many variations on that "type".  THink they are all black and have the same heel but then the rest style one might have rhinestones, style 2 might have no rhinestones, stle 2 has a closed toe, etc.

So I thought using master and slave products would be what I need.  My worry is quanity control by the attributes.  Is this possilbe?  I can of course work with out the control but it will require a lot of me keeping a close eye on things and a potential of a lot of sorry we are out of stock on that size.

If you look at the OSCommerce demo site http://demo.oscommerce.com/product_info.php?products_id=2 you will see a product that has several options (or attributes). What you need to do to utilise this is to add one new shoe in admin

Then go to product attributes and following the example there put in eg colour in the first dialog. In the second dialog, you give colour a value of however many colours you have, one at a time. The create a new option type (heel) and add all those variations.

Then in the bottom dialog box you add all those attributes to each product.

Then your customer can choose which variations to pick from drop down boxes.

Steve

OK I've added MP Attributes Install Rev 4

In testing out how all this works I'm noticing some things.

1. Pain in the behind to add around 10 attributes (size 5, 6, 7, 8, etc) to each slave product. Is this where easy populate comes in?

2. When I look at the store to see how the products appear my master says out of stock "master out of stock page" how do I fix this?

3. When I see my red shoe as the first example the setup is very confusing. I got the image to show. Model number, name. But what is the options and select? Is the select the quantiy? I do not want quanity to be selected as 99.99% of my customers do not buy more than one of specific shoe.

4. Is there a way to have the drop down for the sizes be on the master page...down in the slaves section? Right now you have to click on the shoe to go to a page for the red shoe and pick a size (but it shows two drop down boxes for size "Red Shoe Product Page" ). I envisioned that the master product with a much better page layout (another problem for another day) would be the main focal point and then below it would be the various color choices and the customer would select what size on the color they wanted and hit a buy now button. No need to go to the individual slave item page to pick a size and quanity. Was I totally wrong?

5. Inventory control by each slaves product attribute could easy populate do this for me?

Sorry to have so many questions. Perhaps I'm too new for all this but I thought that this should be my first install as it would dictate the flow of my site and help keep in control how many pages a potential customer would have to scroll through to see all my shoes which we all know they won't scroll through many. Any explanations and help is much appreciated.

I am still not convinced that Master Products is the right way for you to go.It's not as if there is a Master Slave relationship between these shoes.

Why not try out my last but one suggestion. add one shoe as the basic product and then set up the Attributes as I described. You will only have to do this once for all your variations eg colour, size etc

And then award those attributes to that shoe, one line at a time

Once you have done one shoe, you should be able to use Easy Populate, by downloading the surrent inventory (for the one shoe) and then by following the format you have in place, "stock" the shop, before reimporting via EZ pop.

That's my 2 euros worth anyway

Steve

Edited by Sierrab

Hi,

I need to add another condition to ther following lines of code in product_info.php

<?php if ($product_info['products_quantity'] > 0) { ?>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_buy_album.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?>  </td>

I do not want the button to appear if the item is a Master Product, so I need the correct code for something along the lines of"and if product_master_status = 0" added to that statement, so that if the product was a Master there would be no button.

Help

Steve

Steve I'm mulling over what you wrote...the scenario is possible but then it throws any type of quanity control out the window for me. A red size 5 might be sold out while the black, blue, orange, and green still have 1 to 20 left. So I would not be able to remove size 5 as the other colors have size 5 and I would not be able to remove red as the other sizes are still available.

The other aspect is the fashion aspect and showing a sample of each color style. That would require multiple pics which I suppose on style that comes in 3 colors is fine. Put 3 pics. But some styles have around 8 to 10 colors.

LOL Steve....just got back from getting the kids and realized I never hit the submit on my last response....

The products attribute quanity mod was the one I originally installed to sort of do what I needed and it had an error and I installed the fixes which had more errors and asking for help did not generate much of a response other than offers for me to pay them to look at it. The mod in itself would give me the quantiy on the attributes but then I would still have to list every color as an individual product in order to have quanity control on the sizes. So you would end up scrolling through two pages of the same shoe to see just different colors. Every person that tested this when I had my store all setup (long story short I had to reinstall oscommerce and start over) commented that they got tired of seeing the same shoe and expected one of that shoe and then if you like it you pick it and then pick what color and size you wanted. So when I suggested I did away with quanity control and you may have the possibility of an email from me saying its out of stock they said they would not be happy with my store and probably not shop with me. They don't want to go through all sorts of trouble to find the shoe they want to be told after the fact sorry sold out.

Does easy populate allow you to have quanity control on attributes? Being able to download and upload my products for changes would make life easier especially if I can update attribute quanities.

I think my shoes are perfect for master slave relationships. One of the first examples given in this thread is the master is a costume and the slaves are black 2x, white 3x, white 1x or something like that. My shoes would be the same. The style is the master and the colors are the slaves. Now if I could get quanity control on attribute sizes and tweak how they present themselves I think I'd be all set.

One reinstall only (so far) wow!!

Anyway whilst browsing the Con section I came across this

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,Stock+Control

You may have already looked at it, there's a live store where you can see it in op.

I am afraid to say that I have an uneasy relationship with Easy Pop but there is some good support available on the EZ pop thread.

Steve

Ooooh I think I'm drooling, lol. You are too good!!! Should I be worried about using javascript? I'm always being told that not everyone has it on their computer so it may cause problems. Is this true?

Contemplating uninstalling master products....and playing with this one....

So I was wondering how to get master products to work, and what version to download? I hear it lets you choose from (such as shirt sizes) you can click on it and choose small, medium, or large in oscommerce, but I can't figure out how to do that so it lets the customer choose what size shirt they want. Here's an example how I want the shirt size choice to be like: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...pparel&v=glance

If anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Should I be worried about using javascript?  I'm always being told that not everyone has it on their computer so it may cause problems.  Is this true?

I am sure that there are stats axailable on the 'net re the % of users who have js on or off.

Please also note the contrib's authors notes re his non standard approach to coding which may impact your abliyu to add other contribs

But hey, Nothing Ventured etc, suggest you look to see if there is a support thread for this contrib and read other comments on it, re any issues etc

Steve

PS I think we may well be thrown off this thread as we appear to be going off-topic here!!

LOL Steve I'm sure we will get kicked off. I also worry as I could nto find a thread about it anywhere...I was thinking that I would make a full backup of what I have now with the master products installed. Then start from scratch and attempt the other one and see how it goes and post and perhaps start a support thread. If all goes kaput I will use the backup copy.

Mako, I started with 1.1.5 and added the attributes thing with "Rev 4" on the title. It went pretty smoothly except for the things I noted in an earlier post (I think its a page back). My question is though for the amazon setup it appears that it is one top and you just need different sizes in a drop down box. If that is the case then you could do this with just adding an attribute for sizes. Now if say you wanted to offer the top in multiple color choices then have a person pick a size (this is what I'm trying to do but with shoes) then this would work for you (be wary that I have not figured out the quanity control thing). See my earlier posts as the format was a bit wonky for my tastes.

Perhaps if you could provide more detail on the tops/products and how they should appear then someone more knowledgable than this newbie can offer some pointers.

Wanda

Anyone considering the js menu drop down with greater qty control I think you should stay away...far far away. Its just a mass of files no rhyme or reason to where you should try and put them...big mess in my opinion. The idea is nice but geesh...

So I'm thinking of going back to master products and trying to play with the layout and getting quanity control on the attributes to work.

i'm trying to get product_info.php to display 2 slave product colum values in a ROW format instead of the column format.

eg:

How slave products currently display by default.

SLAVE PRODUCT 1 | PRICE: $10 | DESCRIPTION | OTHERINFO

SLAVE PRODUCT 2 | PRICE: $10 | DESCRIPTION | OTHERINFO

How i want it to display:

SLAVE PRODUCT 1

PRICE $10

DESCRIPTION

OTHERINFO

- page break of some sort -

SLAVE PRODUCT 2

PRICE $10

DESCRIPTION

OTHERINFO

I believe there will need to be alot of messing about with master_listing and master_products. Can someone possibly give me the quickest and easiest way to achieve this extra row listing format. Cheers!