• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

Have you already tested this? If so, does it work perfectly? By the way, great solution. Thanks a ton, as this saves me a ton of time if it works well, but, I wanted to make sure that it works.

JP

Yes, I have tested it and it works great. I am about half way through importing an 1800 product catalog that has 182 master products.

I have used the straight import function as well as the split file import and export functions and all works perfectly.

Kerry.

Kerry Slavin

I know someone already answered this question somwhere in this forum, yet I cant find it!

I want my master products to be slave as well.

What I want is My First Master product and its slave products to work together, so when you click on a slave product the first master product now becomes the slave. So they link all together. They way it works now, if click on a slave product it will bring up its product info page but no slave products.

Allows any product to be a master and/or slave. (This is what I want)

Not sure how you would do that. What I have done for mine is that the master product shows a description and lists all of its slaves in the table below. There are no links for slaves, only the buy_now box which has been changed from a drop down to an edit box for the ordered quantity.

The purchaser can then add values to as many of the slaves as necessary and then click the one order button at the bottom of the page.

IF they do a search for the model number of a slave, I have modified the script to return the product_info of its master product so that at any time it is only possible to see the master and its table of slave products.

This would not work well for products that need lots of description or images for each of the slaves, but for my client (a hardware wholesaler) it is quite effective.

Kerry Slavin

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'where p.products_id = '41' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id' at line 1

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_mediumimage, p.products_largeimage, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_listing_status, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.related_products, p.products_master, products_master_statusproducts p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '41' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I am getting the above code when trying to edit products after install Master products.

I guess I have a error in the database but as I am a newbie not sure where to look or change the database.

Any help much appreciated..

Thanks

p.related_products, p.products_master, products_master_statusproducts p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '41' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

should have been:

p.related_products, p.products_master, p.products_master_status, products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '41' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

I guess something went wrong when you edited sql-queries somewhere.

Those items should not be in the config screen 4 times. Each item should only list once. Something is causeing a loop in the script.

no, that happens when the sql gets imported more then once, some part is missig due to the error i bett he got. so really he would need to access phpMyAdmin and delete the double entries.

greets john

Robison Dixon

Thanx for the reply.

I have looked in the configuration_values and cant seem to find were it is doubled!

I have little or no idea on the SQL database. I have re-installed every back to what it was before on the files side, deleted the slave product listing in the configuration_group which clears the listing all together.

On re-installing the contirb the same thing happens.

I have also noted that another contrib that I have taken off appears in the same screen as the duplicated values.

I guess I am not deleting the right part of the database.

All help welcome

As is always the way spent ages looking, posted on here went back for a second try and found them staring me in the face!!!

Yeah life is like that :blink:

Duplicated entries can only mean one of two things.

a ) there are additional rows of data in the database that doesn't belong, or

b ) the correct data from the database is being read more than once.

If it is b ) then there is a script error to rectified.

If it is a ) then you can often get away with just a database edit of the data.

Edited by reliablesol
Kerry Slavin

I followed all the instruction on the package in master products, also made the changes in the las install txt, but there is an error message that apears in the display when I get into the categories/products, maybe is the data base, but I would like to be sure, any other had this problem before?, and the most important, can somebody help me to fix this problem?

This is the support thread for Master Products - MS2

I will not reply to postings for support elsewhere on these forums. Please do not pm or email me for support unless you give billing details  :D

Matti

I follow all the instructions in the opackage, in fact I made the necessary changes in the last installation txt, but there is an error that appears in the screen when I get into the page categorie/product trying to configure tyhe master and the slaves, this is the message:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_master' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_master, p.products_master_status, p.products_listing_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' order by p.products_master

[TEP STOP]

So as you can see, I really need help to fix this problem, I've been thinking could be the data base, but better of all, can somebody help me to this problem?

Well story is like this, I already have many contributions installed on my site so I cant just overwrite the files on my site with the ones in the contribution, I opened each file but it is still too complicated to combine especially the admin/categories file.

Is there a simple text file with all the installation instructions??

Ok after lots of hard work I finally managed to add master products to my store it is got to be by far the hardest contribution I added so far.. It took me for ever to add the code to admin/categories.php. I don?t know exactly how but it works . <_<

I'm having the problem that the contribution don't work in my page, can you or someone tell me what is going wrong with this stuff?, the error is sending me, is in few replies before, please I need help with this thing

Ok after lots of hard work I finally managed to add master products to my store it is got to be by far the hardest contribution I added so far.. It took me for ever to add the code to admin/categories.php. I don?t know exactly how but it works . <_<

Well done on the integration. Yes Master Products is a bit complex to get going. It is one of the best contributions for osCommerce, and totally helped me with a project we are just completing.

For doing these addons, I have found a program that is really helpful, is WinMerge if you are on a Windows PC. It opens two files (your existing admin/categories.php and the contribution's admin/categories.php for example) side by side and highlights the differences in them.

You can then decide which elements of the contribution you want to push across to your original file.

If you are on a Linux machine I think there is a program called 'Diff' . I am not sure if it is as user friendly.

I didn't have the problem with Master Products but I did when incorporating Separate Price per customer into a systems that already had Master Products and Quantity Price breaks and Easypopulate. Winmerge helped me keep my sanity.

Kerry Slavin

Hi.

I have installed Master Product and I have 2 issues I need resolved. I have seen them mentioned here but no resolution.

The first on is when I add items to my cart and go to check out, my cart is showing up as empty.

The second one is, when I got to the product page for each individual product, there is no picture showing up for the master. I can get the slave pictures showing, but not the master picture.

Any help would be appreciate. Thank you.