• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

If you have a clean MS2 install (no contribtions installed or any code changes you made), then you can overwrite your files with the ones in the contribution.

If you have made changes to your MS2 php files, then you will need to cut and paste. The changes are very well documented in each file. Just look for "//Master Products " in each file. And cut everything from "//Master Products" to "//Master Products EOF" and paste it into your file near the same lines of code as in the contribution files.

The Master.sql needs to be installed in MYSQL. Use a tool such as phpmyAdmin to import that file or cut and paste it into the SQL run box.

HTH

I'd rather be flying!

The changes are very well documented in each file.

This is subject to omissions/errors :P

But we have the support thread if you have problems.

Matti

Ive gone through the posts and im not quite sure if this contrib will help. Ive installed the contrib and Im alittle confused.

Wht essentially Im looking for is this set up exactly like this:

Sample of layout

Is this possible with this contrib?

Meaning...have one main product with the differnet "attributes" weights in the case

under the main pic. And could be unlimited to the different sizes.

And have this displayed on the index of the products. As opposed to having it listed when you click on the the product itself and have it listed.

For instance.

Dog>Food>Adult>Alpo

(just as the picture shows)

Then have the list of Alpo Canned Food for Dogs with the weight of food with one pic representing all the weights/sizes.

Then you can click on the product for full description with pics and such.

Then this could be applied to dog collars....showing one pic and the colors/sizes underneath depending on how many colors/sizes.

I Hope this is clear enough.

And is there a manual on the settings on wht they represent?

There was none in the d/l I got.

Thank in advance for your help.

(btw...newbie! be easy plz)

DJ

Ive gone through the posts and im not quite sure if this contrib will help. Ive installed the contrib and Im alittle confused.

Wht essentially Im looking for is this set up exactly like this:

Sample of layout

Is this possible with this contrib?

Meaning...have one main product with the differnet "attributes" weights in the case

under the main pic. And could be unlimited to the different sizes.

And have this displayed on the index of the products. As opposed to having it listed when you click on the the product itself and have it listed.

For instance.

Dog>Food>Adult>Alpo

(just as the picture shows)

Then have the list of Alpo Canned Food for Dogs with the weight of food with one pic representing all the weights/sizes.

Then you can click on the product for full description with pics and such.

Then this could be applied to dog collars....showing one pic and the colors/sizes underneath depending on how many colors/sizes.

I Hope this is clear enough.

And is there a manual on the settings on wht they represent?

There was none in the d/l I got.

Thank in advance for your help.

(btw...newbie! be easy plz)

DJ

I would love to see that too, that setup is what i've been looking for as well.

Back a couple of pages in this post on 4/7 - Matti replied to some of my questions and I've spent the time between then and now trying to figure it out on my own.

Guess I'm just too blonde for php!!

I said that I like the look of the quantity boxes in this previous post , and he replied:

I believe this is how the menus display in Windows XP

--->I don't think this is the case with me as I have Windows XP, yet the original examples do not appear like this, they have the space to insert a quantity.

So is it a different technique or mod?

I had also asked if it was ok to remove the "This product was added...et al" text and Matti said it was ok.

I'm not sure if I'm removing too much or not enough, as I am also trying to get rid of the "click here to enlarge" which is next to the product added lines in the product_info.php file.

I remove it, and get errors all over the place. I also tried it following the "wiki" instructions in the docs and didn't have any better luck.

Could someone please help! I'm not trying to take the easy way out as I have been trying for over 10 days.

Also one last thing (for now!) does anyone know if there are any contributions that are not compatible with Master Products?

Thank y'all very much

Betty

:blink:

Edited by bettysue

If you have made changes to your MS2 php files, then you will need to cut and paste. ... cut everything from "//Master Products" to "//Master Products EOF" and paste it into your file near the same lines of code as in the contribution files.

Are there any areas to replace? Or is it all insertion?

Sometimes we have to find and replace portions of code due to slight modifications in the code. eg:

Look for :

<code>

</code>

and insert:

//Master Products

<code>

1a

2a

3a

4a

</code>

Does any of this happen in the difficult installation version?

I just installed Master Products (and I did find Find/Replace sections... use Winmerge when installing the difficult way) and I am getting the following error in my Admin:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_listing_status' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_listing_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '1' order by pd.products_name

Any tips on how to fix this? Should I run the SQL query again?

Edited by Rusyn

Any tips on how to fix this? Should I run the SQL query again?

If you ran the master.sql file included in the package this field should be in your products table - below is a slightly modified version (the one in the package has '16' where it should have '' - this can possibly cause an error):

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Name', 'MASTER_LIST_NAME', '5', 'Do you wish to display the products name?', 16, 1, '2003-11-17 20:22:53', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Price', 'MASTER_LIST_PRICE', '13', 'Do you want to display the Product Price?', 16, 3, '2003-11-16 20:47:55', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Manufacturer Name', 'MASTER_LIST_MANUFACTURER', '0', 'Do you want to display the Product Manufacturer Name?', 16, 4, NULL, '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Image', 'MASTER_LIST_IMAGE', '0', 'Do you want to display the Product Image?', 16, 8, '2003-11-10 21:38:06', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Model', 'MASTER_LIST_MODEL', '1', 'Do you want to display the Product Model?', 16, 2, '2003-11-16 22:10:58', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Quantity', 'MASTER_LIST_QUANTITY', '0', 'Do you want to display the Product Quantity?', 16, 6, '2003-11-09 22:49:47', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Weight', 'MASTER_LIST_WEIGHT', '0', 'Do you want to display the Product Weight?', 16, 5, NULL, '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both)', 'MASTER_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION', '2', ' Sets the location of the Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both)', 16, 12, '2003-11-10 01:02:58', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display the Buy Now Column', 'MASTER_LIST_BUY_NOW', '10', 'Do you want to display the Buy Now column?', 16, 9, '2003-11-12 19:02:59', '2003-11-09 20:38:04', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Description', 'MASTER_LIST_DESCRIPTION', '2', 'Set to 0 to disable, set to 99 to enable.', 16, 10, '2003-11-17 19:02:49', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Length of Truncated Product Description', 'MASTER_LIST_DESCRIPTION_LENGTH', '100', 'How many characters would you like to display?', 16, 11, '2003-11-10 23:36:52', '2003-11-10 18:51:26', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES ('', 'Slave Products', 'Slave Product Listing - configuration options', 16, 1);

ALTER TABLE products ADD products_master int(11) NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE products ADD products_master_status tinyint(2) NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE products ADD products_listing_status tinyint(2) NOT NULL default '1';

Matti

Is there a way I can have a text box with a 1 already in it for the quantity of the product instead of the pulldown menu? And if so, how?

Thanks

Yes - you will find instructions elsewhere in this thread.

Matti

... below is a slightly modified version (the one in the package has '16' where it should have '' - this can possibly cause an error):

Thanks Matti! I will give it a try!

Anyone know which tables the first SQL query made? I should probably delete them... unless this new query writes over them??? Sorry but I am a database noob.

Cheers!

Anyone know which tables the first SQL query made? I should probably delete them... unless this new query writes over them??? Sorry but I am a database noob.

Cheers!

You should restore a backup :P Being a noob you probably don't have one?

The sql file adds data to the configuration table (at the end) - read the code I posted and you will see what it adds. It also alters your products table, adding the fields: products_master, products_master_status and products_listing_status. Use phpmyadmin to check for all of the above.

Matti

I need some of my slave products (hidden) to show up as ordinary products when a customer uses the 'manufacturer' drop-down as opposed to the category menu.

Any suggestions?

They do this in the latest release - you must dig into the code if you wish to hide them when manufacturers is selected :P

Matti

Edited by Johnson

I have tried to install MAster products wihout any luck. :o

First i tried to install MPs v1.1.5 on my very customized OSC store, I have the following problems.

I could add an item to cart on index.php page by clicking "buy", I did see item added to cart. However, on the product_info page, no matter that product was setup as master or not, clicking "quantity" and then "add to cart", nothing happened.

I thought maybe i missed something (since installed over a customized store).

So I installed a fresh OSC 2.2 MS2 and then just overwrote the whole MP v1.1.5 directory (of course, did add/change MP mysql file).

Same problems.

Can anybody shed some light on this situation.

Thank you very much.

Yean

Edited by yean

Thank you very much.

Yean

I can't duplicate this - is the installation local or is there somewhere I can take a look?

Matti

Hay Guys - Wondering if someone can help...

Just wondering if this new version has addresed the ability to be able to pick from one drop down - small, mediunm, large and have one quanity box?

I have been looking through the posting but can't seem to find it...

FOund people asking but no exact answer...

Sorry for asking a question that has been asked but this is a big post now!!!

Thanks

Kyle

... below is a slightly modified version (the one in the package has '16' where it should have '' - this can possibly cause an error):

Thanks Matti! I will give it a try!

Well, I gave her a go with the alternate sql file, and I am still getting the same 1054 error...

In case anyone knows of conflicts, I have the following contribs installed:

- Article Manager

- STS

- Testimonials

- Config Cache

I don't think there should be a conflict, but...

Thank you very much.

Yean

I can't duplicate this - is the installation local or is there somewhere I can take a look?

Matti

Matti, fresh installed OS2 is on local server (WinXP dont know why wont work). I re install on my customized site and it works ok now. :)

Thank you for such a great contribution!!! :D

Yean

Morning!

Question for anyone who knows the answer. Our site uses Master Products - now working great, by the way - and we also use Quick Updates. My associate here doesn't use it as much as I do lately, but I think it's pretty darn handy to have.

Using Quick Updates (or some other method) is there a simple way to list a category's Master/Slaves and make a bunch of products be a slave to a master product at one fell swoop? It's not that hard to do now, mind you, but I wondered if there was a simpler way to do it than edit each product manually.

I am unable to access the SQL database.

Thanks... Tim :blink:

(Sorry to duplicate a post... I hit "New Topic" instead of "Add Reply"... it's still early here, sorry. ;))

"Success has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It's what you do for others."

- Danny Thomas, founder of St Jude Children's Research Hospital

OK, I found where Matt told how to change the pull down quantity boxes to text boxes but it is not working and I am a little confused. Here are is instructions:

My previous post was incorrect. the place where you would make the change would be in includes/modules/master_listing.php, replace lines 163-185 with a new definition for $lc_text:

$lc_text = tep_draw_input_field('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing['products_id'], '0');

Hth,

Matt

And his previous post was this:

QUOTE (marcus76 @ Dec 3 2003, 06:35 PM)

think i saw some post somewhere related to changing the quantity select drop down box to a box which accepts a typed quantity - anyone know the code i could change to display this box?

Change (around line 165 of product_info.php):

tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute);  

to

tep_draw_input_field('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $selected_attribute);

If that doesn't work, try removing , $selected_attribute.

Hth,

Matt

Can someone tell me what to do? I tried both and neither worked.

If I was crafty, this would be a funny signature.

Hello,

I have just installed this and first off, Thank You for the great mod!

I have a problem though: in the admin, if you forget to choose a category (i have the 'multiply categories' mod installed as well), the product still gets into the database and shows up as a slave product under its master, but cannot be found in the admin panel anymore for editing.

How can I make it show up so that I can edit or delete the product?

Also, minor issue: Is there a way to make the Slaves NOT show up in a search? So far they are showing up and I'd like to turn that off.

Thanks much!

Paul