• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

I discovered the source of my issue, it is in the Security Pro contribution "cleansing" the $HTTP_GET_VARS, conflicting with my Master Products code, which is in my product_info.php as such:

$master_query = tep_db_query("select products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_master = " . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);

If I load mysite.com/product_info.php I receive the following 1064 error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select products_id from products where products_master =

The end of that is where $HTTP_GET_VARS is located.

I will do some research into figuring out a way to fix this. If anyone has any thoughts to this, it'd be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

I discovered the source of my issue, it is in the Security Pro contribution "cleansing" the $HTTP_GET_VARS, conflicting with my Master Products code, which is in my product_info.php as such:

$master_query = tep_db_query("select products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_master = " . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);

If I load mysite.com/product_info.php I receive the following 1064 error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select products_id from products where products_master =

The end of that is where $HTTP_GET_VARS is located.

I will do some research into figuring out a way to fix this. If anyone has any thoughts to this, it'd be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

$master_query = tep_db_query("select products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS  . " where products_master =  " . (int) $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "");

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Ok, I give up... Im trying to get my wholesalers data feed to work and not having much luck. There are lot of information in the feeds much of witch i dont think i need. here is a sample of one product data in how it looks.. note: I do not have a table key so i dont know how its structured.

"AC1030812","Aloe Cadabra Organic Lube Natural 2.5 Oz","10.85","6.90","Aloe Cadabra Organic Lube Natural 2.5 Oz","Aloe Cadabra is the smooth and silky organic surprise that is more fun and safer for you than the harmful chemical brands. Pleasurable for you, and delightful when shared with a partner. Lubricates as it eliminates dryness! The juicy aloe sensation is a gynecological health ally and a dream come true. Natural scent. 1 ounce sie.Suggested uses: Apply liberally to both you and / or your partner. Our organic, all natural food grade gel soothes your most sensitive tissues with a lubricity that magically enhances all intimate encounters. Won't harm condoms or other synthetic toys. Not a spermicide. Will not prevent STDs. Safe if ingested.","","","","http://images.sextoysex.com/MC/AC1030812.JPG","http://images.sextoysex.com/MC/AC1030812thmb.JPG","","","","","","","","","2010-05-17","0","0","0","","","0","0","","","","","","","","","MC","Seven Oaks Ranch","826804006051","Lubricants","Natural","","0"

If i could get this to work and be displayed properly would be great. I use both thumb and large images, would be really great if i could upload that info as well.

Hello. Thanks for all your work on osCommerce and the Master Products add-on. However, I am having a problem with it. (Obviously, since I come here to write a message... ;) )

I have installed OSC 2.3.1, and Master Products V2.3X V2.0a - copied over the files from the "newshop" folder, run the SQL, applied a couple of fixes mentioned in this thread, and I can add slave products in the admin catalog etc. However, when I look at the product_info.php page, I get this error where the slave products should appear:

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/smuel/public_html/store/product_info.php on line 236

I looked in filenames.php and there is no entry for FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS, and I also looked in includes/modules and there is no file there that looks like it corresponds to "master products" so I am a bit stuck. Did I do something wrong during the installation? I noticed that a bit later in the product_info.php file it also references FILENAME_SUGGESTED_MASTERS, but I could not find that in filenames.php or the new files that got copied over either - maybe that is a clue.

Another thing I noticed is that even though I turned off display of the slave products in the product listing, which works, they are still included in the category count in the "Categories" section. e.g. I have only entered two master items with three slave items each, so I would like it to say "Items (2)" in the categories in the top left, but actually it says "Items (8)" - presumably because it is counting the master AND slave items. Is there a configuration option that I missed which will make it only count masters?

Thanks for your help... I'm still learning about OSC, so I hope my questions are clear.

Hello. Thanks for all your work on osCommerce and the Master Products add-on. However, I am having a problem with it. (Obviously, since I come here to write a message... ;) )

I have installed OSC 2.3.1, and Master Products V2.3X V2.0a - copied over the files from the "newshop" folder, run the SQL, applied a couple of fixes mentioned in this thread, and I can add slave products in the admin catalog etc. However, when I look at the product_info.php page, I get this error where the slave products should appear:

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/smuel/public_html/store/product_info.php on line 236

I looked in filenames.php and there is no entry for FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS, and I also looked in includes/modules and there is no file there that looks like it corresponds to "master products" so I am a bit stuck. Did I do something wrong during the installation? I noticed that a bit later in the product_info.php file it also references FILENAME_SUGGESTED_MASTERS, but I could not find that in filenames.php or the new files that got copied over either - maybe that is a clue.

Another thing I noticed is that even though I turned off display of the slave products in the product listing, which works, they are still included in the category count in the "Categories" section. e.g. I have only entered two master items with three slave items each, so I would like it to say "Items (2)" in the categories in the top left, but actually it says "Items (8)" - presumably because it is counting the master AND slave items. Is there a configuration option that I missed which will make it only count masters?

Thanks for your help... I'm still learning about OSC, so I hope my questions are clear.

Thanks for post.

Categories and products counter for master products

edit:

includes/functions/genereal.php

change (in 418):

$products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "'");

to:

// master products  	
 	$products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and if(p.products_master_status = '0', p.products_listing_status = '1', p.products_master_status = '1') and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "'");
// master products

Edited by Gergely

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Hi,

I am in a same situation as Ronald who required the fix below however my need is slightly different ;)

I have done the steps below and all good so far apart from I have an extra rule that needs applying. I have a field in the database called 'products_restricted_status', if this is set to 1 then the product will not be allowed for sale and if it is set to 0 it can be purchased.

I added to the line in product_info.php

if ($master_check['products_master_status'] > 0 || $master_check['products_master'] == 0 || $master_check['products_restricted_status'] = 0) {

But this still does not allow the product to be added to the cart.

Any ideas on how to sort this? Do I need to change the 'add_slave' code in application_top????

Thanks

Mark

Hi Ronald and everybody,

thanks for all posts.

I will give you steps for edit cart action but there were conflicts with quantity drop down fields and attributes too. I give the first step in catalog\includes\application_top.php

Change (or something like this. All case 'add_slave' have to change):

//Master Products
 	// customer adds multiple products from the master_listing page
 	case 'add_slave' :
 	// Master Products modification if attributes needed
/*                       		if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                           	$attributes = isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'] : '';
                           	$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $attributes))+1, $attributes);
                         	} */
	// Master Products modification
                    		reset($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                         	while ( list( $key, $val ) = each( $HTTP_POST_VARS ) ) {
                           	if (substr($key,0,11) == "Qty_ProdId_" && ($val != 0)) {
                             	$prodId = substr($key,11);
                             	$qty = $val;
                             	if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]) && is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"])) {
                               	// We have attributes
                               	$cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($prodId,$HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]))+$qty, $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]);
                             	} else {
                               	// No attributes
                               	$cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity($prodId)+$qty);
                             	}
                           	}
                         	}
                         	tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
                         	break;
//Master Products EOF
 	// performed by the 'buy now' button in product listings and review page

To:

case 'add_slave' :
                         	while ( list( $key, $val ) = each( $HTTP_POST_VARS ) ) {
                           	if (substr($key,0,11) == "Qty_ProdId_" && ($val !== 0)) {
                             	$prodId = substr($key,11);
                             	$qty = $val;
                             	if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]) && is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"])) {
                               	// We have attributes
                               	$cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($prodId, $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]))+$qty, $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]);
                             	} else {
                               	if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["products_id"]) && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) {
                              		// We have attributes with normal product only
                                 	if ($prodId == $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) {
                                   	$attributes = $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'];
                                 	} else {
                                   	$attributes = $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"];
                                 	}
                                 	$cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($prodId, $attributes))+$qty, $attributes);
                               	} else {
                               	// No attributes and normal products
                               	$cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity($prodId)+$qty);
                               	}
                             	}
                           	}
                         	}
                         	tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
                         	break;
 	// performed by the 'buy now' button in product listings and review page

The next steps will be in catalog\product_info.php

Change in line 27:

if ($master_check['products_master_status'] > 0) {

To:

if ($master_check['products_master_status'] > 0 || $master_check['products_master'] == 0) { // this modify!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed the latest version of Master Products on MS2.2. My store has been modified so I had to hack up some of the new code and most likely made an error as I'm not able to set up or edit any master/slave products due to this admin error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_button() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 1867

The code producing this error is:

<!-- Master Products //-->

<td align="right" class="smallText"><?php if (sizeof($cPath_array) > 0) echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BACK, 'triangle-1-w', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, $cPath_back . 'cID=' . $current_category_id)); if (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_NEW_CATEGORY, 'plus', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&action=new_category')) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_NEW_MASTER, 'plus', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&action=new_master')) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_NEW_PRODUCT, 'plus', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&action=new_product')); ?> </td>

<!-- Master Products EOF //-->

As you might expect, none of the product editing buttons appear due to this error.

Does anyone have any suggestions about where I might have gone wrong?

Dan

Impulse Creations

www.impulsecreations.com

I've installed the latest version of Master Products on MS2.2. My store has been modified so I had to hack up some of the new code and most likely made an error as I'm not able to set up or edit any master/slave products due to this admin error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_button() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 1867

<td align="right" class="smallText"><?php if (sizeof($cPath_array) > 0) echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BACK, 'triangle-1-w', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, $cPath_back . 'cID=' . $current_category_id)); if (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_NEW_CATEGORY, 'plus', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&action=new_category')) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_NEW_MASTER, 'plus', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&action=new_master')) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_NEW_PRODUCT, 'plus', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&action=new_product')); ?> </td>

As you might expect, none of the product editing buttons appear due to this error.

Dan

Impulse Creations

www.impulsecreations.com

Hi Dan,

it looks like you use v2.31 version for MS2.2. It might better to select the MS2.2 version or make upgrades to RC2.2a and after to v2.31.

Gergely

Thanks for the tip but I used this one:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1681

Its identified as being for MS2.2 and has the code I used. Is the latest version under this contribution actually not for MS2.2?

Dan

Impulse Creations

www.impulsecreations.com

As you can see Master Products V2.3x V2.0

User Manual of Master Products and Magic Variants for OSCOM V2.3x

Version 2.0

Master Products - MS2 adaptation by Gergely 2011/01

The codes differents only in html outputs.

Hello Gergely,

I am looking for a good way to list and print all my products, categories and manufacturers. I might be at the wrong spot.

Does anyone know a good add-on for osc 2.3.1. to do this? I just recently installed XML SEO Sitemap, but that only gives me path vs. product names, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Csaba

Hello Gergely,

I am looking for a good way to list and print all my products, categories and manufacturers. I might be at the wrong spot.

Does anyone know a good add-on for osc 2.3.1. to do this? I just recently installed XML SEO Sitemap, but that only gives me path vs. product names, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Csaba

Hello Csaba,

Van ilyen RC2.2a-ra szerintem mennie kell 2.31-en is. Keresd malát ő profi ezekben a listákban. (http://oscommerce-extra.hu)

;)

Üdv,

Gergely

Hello Gergely,

koszonom szepen a segitsegedet. Igazabol csak egy product listat akrtam kinyomtatni, ugy talatam ra ezekre.

Megkeresem malat. Nagy tobbsege az elerheto add-on nak nem mukodik egybol vagy egyaltalan 2.3ra mert minden mashol van

es a kod is mas. Tudatom hogy mit talaltam.

Udv,

Csaba

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to format my slave product descriptions to accept <P> or <br> html formatting. I have quite a bit if information in the slave descriptions and need a way to "clean it up", but I can only get the font color to work... no other html coding seems to work. Any ideas why that is so? In the master product description, <p> and <br> works fine. Thanks.

edit: Nevermind, I found the strip_tags in master_listing.php and am making the needed modifications. Carry on!

Edited by qxonn

Hello Gergely

I had not been by this group for some time. Glad to see someone has done some updates that is also willing to support their changes. I started using this contribution (Ver. 1.2 about 6 years ago, and got it merged with a rewrite of SPPC. I supported Master Slave users for quite awhile until someone released a "new" version that did not work and would not support it.

I am currently comparing the code changes to the osCommerce ver 2.3 and merging into my cart. It goes slowly when we do not use deprecated php codes and have many thousands of lines of re-written code. If interested you can get an idea of what I'm doing at http://www.designerdogregistry.com/

Is this a new venture into the MS contribution, or did you use earlier versions?

I have some very substantial changes done to the Master Slave contribution to fit the extremely modified carts I support, but will be glad to lend support when possible.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Dan

Impulse Creations

www.impulsecreations.com

Did you solve this problem yet? function tep_draw_button is a new ver 2.3.x function added to html_output.php in admin/includes/functions. You can copy it to your file, but be prepared to update catalog/ext/jquery/jqery??? to jquery-1.4.2.min.js or newer.

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Hello Gergely

I had not been by this group for some time. Glad to see someone has done some updates that is also willing to support their changes. I started using this contribution (Ver. 1.2 about 6 years ago, and got it merged with a rewrite of SPPC. I supported Master Slave users for quite awhile until someone released a "new" version that did not work and would not support it.

I am currently comparing the code changes to the osCommerce ver 2.3 and merging into my cart. It goes slowly when we do not use deprecated php codes and have many thousands of lines of re-written code. If interested you can get an idea of what I'm doing at http://www.designerdogregistry.com/

Is this a new venture into the MS contribution, or did you use earlier versions?

I have some very substantial changes done to the Master Slave contribution to fit the extremely modified carts I support, but will be glad to lend support when possible.

Hi george,

I used MS version and rewritten to osC v2.31. I will like to do support for Master Products to OSCOM V3 as soon as possible, but this will be big work.

Gergely

Hi george,

I used MS version and rewritten to osC v2.31. I will like to do support for Master Products to OSCOM V3 as soon as possible, but this will be big work.

Gergely

I really would not be in too much of a hurry on a v3. I loaded it on my local Linux box. The install was very smooth except for some directory permissions which the install totally ignores. The front end is very pretty. The back end is unusable beyond play configurations. Also, I was somewhat surprised to see the entire structure of Version 3 got changed between 3.0a5 and the 3.0 release. So, we have no idea of what will be deemed to finally work.

I do know, though, that if the earlier releases are any indication, it will be a great system for a person who only wishes to sell a few items. I have carts on line with several thousand items, all well managed under the 2.x series. All running with full PCI compliance, with over 150 contributions all co-existing peacefully together. (It is getting really difficult to make substantial changes or additions when I see a contribution I would like to try.)

Any of my customers who previewed 3.0a5 or earlier all agreed that the product management would not work for their systems with up to 15,000 items scattered over a hundred or so directories and sub-directories.

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

I really would not be in too much of a hurry on a v3. I loaded it on my local Linux box. The install was very smooth except for some directory permissions which the install totally ignores. The front end is very pretty. The back end is unusable beyond play configurations. Also, I was somewhat surprised to see the entire structure of Version 3 got changed between 3.0a5 and the 3.0 release. So, we have no idea of what will be deemed to finally work.

I do know, though, that if the earlier releases are any indication, it will be a great system for a person who only wishes to sell a few items. I have carts on line with several thousand items, all well managed under the 2.x series. All running with full PCI compliance, with over 150 contributions all co-existing peacefully together. (It is getting really difficult to make substantial changes or additions when I see a contribution I would like to try.)

Any of my customers who previewed 3.0a5 or earlier all agreed that the product management would not work for their systems with up to 15,000 items scattered over a hundred or so directories and sub-directories.

George

Hi George,

I have stamina for two years when I attached to development team and optimistic for that. I see our hard works and core possibilities. This wont be easy.

Similar happened when I found Easy Populate and over 3000 products. But we can fix bugs as a fighter can be winner just have to belive it.

Well everybody can select between v2.3 and v3 cores. You dont have to use v3 for all.

HPDL took a mistake with v3 to push on marc 31. We see that lot of people are disapointed so we need to work hard more.

Regards,

Gergely

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for post.

Categories and products counter for master products

edit:

includes/functions/genereal.php

change (in 418):

$products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "'");

to:

// master products  	
 	$products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and if(p.products_master_status = '0', p.products_listing_status = '1', p.products_master_status = '1') and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "'");
// master products

I installed a new version of OSC2.3.1, did the newshop install etc. and came up with the following errors:

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\store\product_info.php on line 236

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\store\product_info.php on line 236

I did the fix as quoted above, but it still comes up with the same error.

What else do I need to fix?

I installed a new version of OSC2.3.1, did the newshop install etc. and came up with the following errors:

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\store\product_info.php on line 236

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\store\product_info.php on line 236

I did the fix as quoted above, but it still comes up with the same error.

What else do I need to fix?

Hi,

catalog/includes/filenames.php

insert if not exist

// Master Products
 define('FILENAME_MASTER_LISTING', 'master_listing.php');
 define('FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS', 'master_products.php');
 define('FILENAME_SUGGESTED_MASTERS', 'suggested_masters.php');  
// Master Products EOF

regards,

Gergely

Hi,

catalog/includes/filenames.php

insert if not exist

// Master Products
 define('FILENAME_MASTER_LISTING', 'master_listing.php');
 define('FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS', 'master_products.php');
 define('FILENAME_SUGGESTED_MASTERS', 'suggested_masters.php');  
// Master Products EOF

regards,

Gergely

That didn't work. Still the same error message. Must be missing something else.

That didn't work. Still the same error message. Must be missing something else.

Never mind, figured it out. The instructions for the new shop install don't mention that you still have to copy over what is in the upload directory. So all those files were missing. You might want to add the files from the upload to the newshop directory, so that they will also be installed when copying the newshop directory.

thanks,

Marianne