• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

Hello there!

I just finished my second install of this contribution and I seem to be having the same problem, but this might be the way this contribution works.

Basically...

I had 25 products on my store, all with attributes. After installing Master Products v 1.2, I am unable to add any of my current products to the shopping cart.

On product_info.php when I click on add to cart, it keeps saying "Your Shopping Cart is empty!"

Now...If I set any of my products as "Master" and I add 1-2 slaves, then I am able to add the slaves to the shopping cart without any problems.

I would like to be able to add new products as "Master" and then add slaves, but I would also like to keep my old products with their current attributes and have them able to be added to shopping cart

Any suggestion?

If you like, go to:

http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai

and you will see what I mean

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ricardo

Oh one more question:

When I enable slaves to be listed on product listing, they are listed as if they were another product. (one underneath the other)

Example: (Slave is: Original Masala 2oz bag of loose tea)

http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai...9646dc9760c5526

Is there a way that they could be listed as they were options of the master product?

I saw a OSC site online that has exactly what I mean. Please look at it and let me know if that is possible:

http://www.my-cuppa-tea.com/index.php?cPat...3846166e8913c54

Thanks in advance!

Ricardo

Oh one more question:

When I enable slaves to be listed on product listing, they are listed as if they were another product. (one underneath the other)

Example: (Slave is: Original Masala 2oz bag of loose tea)

http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai...9646dc9760c5526

Is there a way that they could be listed as they were options of the master product?

I saw a OSC site online that has exactly what I mean. Please look at it and let me know if that is possible:

http://www.my-cuppa-tea.com/index.php?cPat...3846166e8913c54

Thanks in advance!

Ricardo

This is a nice looking site, but, problems are that you can only buy one item at a time from the listing, and only one each without having to make changes in the shopping cart, which I have found customers unwilling to do. There is a level of flexibility available with the Master/Slave display not available at this site. To site an example, here is one installation that is currently undergoing some modifications. The customer had a problem listing chocolate letters. Master/slave with some minor mods provided the solution. http://littledutchgirl.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=3165 (this is a live site, so do not complete any orders unless you plan to purchase something.)

hth

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Hello there!

I just finished my second install of this contribution and I seem to be having the same problem, but this might be the way this contribution works.

Basically...

I had 25 products on my store, all with attributes. After installing Master Products v 1.2, I am unable to add any of my current products to the shopping cart.

On product_info.php when I click on add to cart, it keeps saying "Your Shopping Cart is empty!"

Now...If I set any of my products as "Master" and I add 1-2 slaves, then I am able to add the slaves to the shopping cart without any problems.

I would like to be able to add new products as "Master" and then add slaves, but I would also like to keep my old products with their current attributes and have them able to be added to shopping cart

Any suggestion?

If you like, go to:

http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai

and you will see what I mean

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ricardo

Not totally sure I understand what you want. I think you need to check your code carefully, as this is not a problem with Master/Slave contribution. Products with attributes, slaves or not, should not be a problem. My test site, which you are welcome to rummage around on, as it is on-line, but not a live cart, is http://www.designerdogregistry.com

page showing Master with slaves, one with multiple attributes: http://www.designerdogregistry.com/master-test-p-391.html

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Not totally sure I understand what you want. I think you need to check your code carefully, as this is not a problem with Master/Slave contribution. Products with attributes, slaves or not, should not be a problem. My test site, which you are welcome to rummage around on, as it is on-line, but not a live cart, is http://www.designerdogregistry.com

page showing Master with slaves, one with multiple attributes: http://www.designerdogregistry.com/master-test-p-391.html

Thanks for your reply George.

If my current products with attributes (no master, no slaves) are not being added to shopping cart from product_info.php, where do you think I could have a problem? product_info.php? shopping_cart.php? application_top?

I have many contributions on my store, that is why I tried to install this contribution twice and I get the same problem.

I just tried added attributes to my slave products and it works fine (able to show options and add to shopping cart)

So the only problem is with my old products that are not set as Master/Slave

Any clues?

Thanks for your reply George.

If my current products with attributes (no master, no slaves) are not being added to shopping cart from product_info.php, where do you think I could have a problem? product_info.php? shopping_cart.php? application_top?

I have many contributions on my store, that is why I tried to install this contribution twice and I get the same problem.

I just tried added attributes to my slave products and it works fine (able to show options and add to shopping cart)

So the only problem is with my old products that are not set as Master/Slave

Any clues?

Best guess is that on regular items you are not passing an order quantity from products_info.php. Make sure that you are calling

'Qty_ProdId_' . $product_info['products_id']

on regular items. Since the slaves add, but regular do not, this is more than likely the problem.

hth

George

May be a simple fix. You are using a full-price attributes manager. Therefore, you probably have the regular price st to zero. Master/slave default will skip the quantity feature for any item with a zero price. Look here first for the problem (IE: put a price on the product, not just the attributes, and see if that clears your problem.)

G

Edited by Geotex

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

May be a simple fix. You are using a full-price attributes manager. Therefore, you probably have the regular price st to zero. Master/slave default will skip the quantity feature for any item with a zero price. Look here first for the problem (IE: put a price on the product, not just the attributes, and see if that clears your problem.)

G

Great George, that did the fix!

Last thing, I promise! back to my first post...

Is there a way with this contribution to have slaves listed on product_listing as a by-product of the Master product and not as independent products?

I really don't know how to put it in words, but here is that link again:

http://www.my-cuppa-tea.com/index.php?cPath=100_133

Do you see how they have their main products and two slaves as options with option to buy?

If I enable "Product Listing Display" for my slaves, currently they show as an independent product

Link: http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai...-type-c-21.html?

Ricardo

G

Great George, that did the fix!

Last thing, I promise! back to my first post...

Is there a way with this contribution to have slaves listed on product_listing as a by-product of the Master product and not as independent products?

I really don't know how to put it in words, but here is that link again:

http://www.my-cuppa-tea.com/index.php?cPath=100_133

Do you see how they have their main products and two slaves as options with option to buy?

If I enable "Product Listing Display" for my slaves, currently they show as an independent product

Link: http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai...-type-c-21.html?

Ricardo

The only easy way I've found to do that is to install a contribution based on turning products on/off that turns the categories on/off. (I already had that contrib installed, or might have found a different solution.) Then, put all slaves in a sub directory, with the products active and the directory turned off. That was what we did on the link I gave you above for the little dutch girl chocolate letters.

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

The only easy way I've found to do that is to install a contribution based on turning products on/off that turns the categories on/off. (I already had that contrib installed, or might have found a different solution.) Then, put all slaves in a sub directory, with the products active and the directory turned off. That was what we did on the link I gave you above for the little dutch girl chocolate letters.

George

Hi George, I found a solution that I thought to share it with you.

I found a contribution called "Bypass Product_Listing v1.0" http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4627

It says on the downloaded file: I created a variation that bypasses the product listing if the category has only one product in it. If there are multiple products in the category, the products are listed in the default manner.

I changed the file a bit so that if there are < 4 products in category, bypass, otherwise default manner.

This is great!

Thank you for help!

Ricardo

Hi, I just installed this contribution and I think it's great!

I hope this question hasn't been asked before, (I searched and searched!), but does anybody know if there is a way to add an if statement to the <?php echo $products_price; ?> on a page that is a master with slaves? Here's my scenario:

The site sells sporting goods, and there are lots of products that come in several size variations with different prices... so I set up the Master with the lowest price item, and the larger items are set as slaves so all the sizes show on the page. But for these pages, I'd like the price on the product info page and in the thumbnail views to show something like "As low as" or "Starting at" before the price, or to show the low-high pricing ($24.95 - $54.95). but for products without masters/slaves, it should show the regular price without any prefixes.

Does anybody know if there's a way to do this?

Many thanks,

Janet

Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm trying to do the same, but haven't figured it out yet. I just want the master product (only with active slaves) to say "Starting at:" then the price of the lowest priced slave product. Any ideas would be great.

Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm trying to do the same, but haven't figured it out yet. I just want the master product (only with active slaves) to say "Starting at:" then the price of the lowest priced slave product. Any ideas would be great.

in product_info.php

approx. line 89 find:

<tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>

Change to:

<tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top">
					<?php 
						if (($product_info['products_master_status'] == 1) {
							  echo('Starting at: ' . $products_price . ' ');
							}else{
							  echo $products_price;
							}  
						} 
					?>
					</td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>

Just a quick fix, may need some tweaking.

hth.

George

Edited by Geotex

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Hello,

Sorry if this has already been asked here, but I can't seem to find anything relevant serarching through the thread...

I want to offer visitors to a site the option to purchase a product, (the master product) and add on any number of optional accessories that they want at a discounted price. The options have their own product ID, and are already in the database as they can be purchased separately, but I want to offer a discounted price on these options.. ie.

Product 1 - £100 (Master Product)

Accessory #1 Usually £30, but purchase with this product for £22 (Slave Product)

So the total would be £122, instead of the usual £130.

I currently use the bundled products mod, which works well, however it means that you have to create a bundled product for each and every possible combination of master product with the bundled options. So say if a master product has just 3 optional accessories, there would be 7 (?) different products, instead of just 1.

Is this possible with master products?

I hope this makes sense.

Hello,

Sorry if this has already been asked here, but I can't seem to find anything relevant serarching through the thread...

I want to offer visitors to a site the option to purchase a product, (the master product) and add on any number of optional accessories that they want at a discounted price. The options have their own product ID, and are already in the database as they can be purchased separately, but I want to offer a discounted price on these options.. ie.

Product 1 - £100 (Master Product)

Accessory #1 Usually £30, but purchase with this product for £22 (Slave Product)

So the total would be £122, instead of the usual £130.

I currently use the bundled products mod, which works well, however it means that you have to create a bundled product for each and every possible combination of master product with the bundled options. So say if a master product has just 3 optional accessories, there would be 7 (?) different products, instead of just 1.

Is this possible with master products?

I hope this makes sense.

You might make it work combined with a contribution like 2gether discount.

Also, by entering a price in the master product, you could sell a group of products at a special price. Just be sure that all default quantities are set to zero, or your customer might be in for a big :rolleyes: surprise.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Hi all. Please i need help.

I've installed this contrib and its works great. But now i have a problem with "Advanced Search".

How it possibile to show only "SLAVE PRODUCTS" in search results and not master?? And it will show using PRODUCT_LISTING layout that i have created.

My site link to view my layout for master and slave. View "Taranto-Benevento 1-1" master product. Inside there are 4 slave products. I wanna see only that in search results.... PLEASE HELP.

http://www.photoanddrawing.com/index.php

THANKS ALL!! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

master Products and Sppc

I have the RobinsonDixon post of the master_listing combined for SPPC . can anyone provide guideance for other alterations? Anyone have enough extra time to make a complete contribution for sppc?

carie

Hi all. Please i need help.

I've installed this contrib and its works great. But now i have a problem with "Advanced Search".

How it possibile to show only "SLAVE PRODUCTS" in search results and not master?? And it will show using PRODUCT_LISTING layout that i have created.

My site link to view my layout for master and slave. View "Taranto-Benevento 1-1" master product. Inside there are 4 slave products. I wanna see only that in search results.... PLEASE HELP.

http://www.photoanddrawing.com/index.php

THANKS ALL!! ^_^

Basically, any page making database calls, whether it is index.php or advanced_search_results.php, will display only what is requested.

To limit what is displayed, you use a filter. In your db calls, the filters will be in the "WHERE" part of the statement, as in the following:

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_status = '1'");

The product displayed is filtered by id, language, and product status. Therefore, if you want to exclude something from being displayed, you would filter out the products to not display with something like

WHERE p.products_master_status = 0 and ...

If you specifically want to exclude by using a NOT statement, check the mySQL documentation for your specific version of mySQL.

HTH

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Hi there,

First of all I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this great contrib..

I have installed the contributon and everything is working as I had hoped except for the product attributes of the slave products.

Currently my slave products only seem to display the attributes as drop downs.

Does anyone know how to change the drop downs to other attribute types such as checkboxes, radios and text fields.

It would be great if the slave products could display the attributes that I have chosen using the option type feature but I could probably get away with just using text fields so the customer can enter in the values for the attributes..

Any Ideas?

Once again many thanks..

Edited by mongomike

Hi there,

First of all I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this great contrib..

I have installed the contributon and everything is working as I had hoped except for the product attributes of the slave products.

Currently my slave products only seem to display the attributes as drop downs.

Does anyone know how to change the drop downs to other attribute types such as checkboxes, radios and text fields.

It would be great if the slave products could display the attributes that I have chosen using the option type feature but I could probably get away with just using text fields so the customer can enter in the values for the attributes..

Any Ideas?

Once again many thanks..

On line 225 (approx) of catalog/includes/modules/master_listing.php, you will find

$lc_text .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id_'.$listing['products_id'].'[' . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array);

the tep_draw_pull_down_menu function can be replaced with radio, check box and maybe but probably not text functions. Learn your osCommerce available custom functions, you will find all kinds of good tools you may use. However, with the list that is generated for slave products, just be prepared for a real mess if you have more than 2 choices on any attribute.

hth

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

On line 225 (approx) of catalog/includes/modules/master_listing.php, you will find

$lc_text .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id_'.$listing['products_id'].'[' . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array);

the tep_draw_pull_down_menu function can be replaced with radio, check box and maybe but probably not text functions. Learn your osCommerce available custom functions, you will find all kinds of good tools you may use. However, with the list that is generated for slave products, just be prepared for a real mess if you have more than 2 choices on any attribute.

hth

George

Hi George,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes you are correct that the Checkboxes and Radio options work. I was however hoping to get the Text fields working, but it looks like this is not possible. Do you know if this is impossible with this contribution. My client sells products that have personalisation so some of the slave products are required to have text input fields,

Any ideas or other suggestions?

Again thanks for your reply..

Hello all, I'm new at the osC game and am just learning things as I go.

I have not uploaded to my host site yet and am developing on my localhost.

One thing has become obvious to me .

There seems to be quite a number of posts on this topic here dating back to 2003. Much of the problem seems to be with compatibility with other contrib installs. This is the nature of the beast I gues, and of course I realise that some contribs take a lot of development time by some dedicated and very wised up people, all done foc.

But , I think that if osC is going to survive as Open source product that people can actually use, a few things need to change with the initial osCommerce Online Merchant v2.x download package.

1. more functions (contributions) that have been tested and installed in the correct order as to eliminate code conflicts of one contrib to another.

2. It needs a contribution installer , with an automated backup routine,

As started by Vlad Savitsky. ALL contributions should be then written in the same format, to be installed by the supplied, contribution installer.

Vlad Savitsky has now dropped development of his installer contribution and is using another package.

Yes , this is the down side of open source. One either has time or money, rarely both. Sadly I dont have either, and really need to find a faster way to get my site up and running.

Well done to everyone that has made osCommerce what it is. I will hang in there, but this is not for the non-programmers like myself.

I think that if someone can come up with a method of seamlessly adding contribution modules, the time taken to get osCommerce running sweet will be greatly reduced.

Sadly I aint that guy.

Best wishes to all.

hth

George

George,

I managed to get the text field to appear, My coding is pretty poor... so I was wondering if someone could have a look to see how I can improve the below code but at the same time keep it functional

I changed this....

to this

$lc_text .= '<input type="text" name ="id_'.$listing['products_id'] . '[' . TEXT_PREFIX . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . ']" size="' . $products_options_name['products_options_length'] .'" maxlength="20" value="' . $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes_values'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']] .'"> ' . $products_options_name['products_options_comment'];

I know the coding is pretty poor but I could not find any solution to including some kind of text field on this thread..