• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

Oh, and I am using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 1

I am trying :) to sell sheet music online. I think I am going to have to have all my products be either masters or slaves. otherwise things don't seem to work. When I make solo products/files masters, things are fine. I am selling single pdf's of sheet music for download, and then am also selling music "books" of selectable content - thus the master and slave necessity. I haven't' checked to see if adding this contribution affects my download capability. think i will wait till tomorrow to check that out.

I've searched the forums for this, and ACTUALLY FOUND AN ANSWER!....don't get excited though, as the fix is for an old version of MS2

So many people have been asking about this, I'm surprised that no PHP wizards have solved it yet...

The PROBLEM:

I DON"T WANT A QTY BOX in the master_listing.php for each slave.

Anybody have a solution? I've tried about 10 different things, some of which almost work (add both slaves to the cart), some don't work at all (add master to the cart), and some are just plain silly.

Chunk of code concerned in master_listing.php

} elseif ((STOCK_CHECK == 'false')&&(tep_get_products_stock($listing['products_id']) < 1)) {
		$qty_array = array();
		for ($i=0; $ns = 20, $i <= $ns; $i++) {
				$qty_array[] = array('id' => $i, 'text' => $i);
	 				 $lc_text = tep_draw_input_field('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing['products_id'], '1', 'size="4"');
	  }
	  } else {
		$quantity = tep_get_products_stock($listing['products_id']);			  
		$qty_array = array();
		for ($i=0; $ns = (($quantity < 20) ? $quantity : 20), $i <= $ns; $i++) {

//Fix added to display the Buy Button nex to the Qty Select Mike
				$lc_text = '<span style="white-space:nowrap;vertical-align:middle;">';
				$lc_text .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing['products_id'], $qty_array, '0','');
				//$lc_text .= tep_draw_hidden_field('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing['products_id'], $value = (int)1);
				$lc_text .= ' ' . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $listing['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</span>'; 

}

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

Have you tried setting the quantitiy to 1, and hiding the whole thing? So th dropdown is still present but not visible?

I've searched the forums for this, and ACTUALLY FOUND AN ANSWER!....don't get excited though, as the fix is for an old version of MS2

So many people have been asking about this, I'm surprised that no PHP wizards have solved it yet...

The PROBLEM:

Anybody have a solution? I've tried about 10 different things, some of which almost work (add both slaves to the cart), some don't work at all (add master to the cart), and some are just plain silly.

Chunk of code concerned in master_listing.php

} elseif ((STOCK_CHECK == 'false')&&(tep_get_products_stock($listing['products_id']) < 1)) {
		$qty_array = array();
		for ($i=0; $ns = 20, $i <= $ns; $i++) {
	 				 $lc_text = tep_draw_input_field('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing['products_id'], '1', 'size="4"');
	  }
	  } else {
		$quantity = tep_get_products_stock($listing['products_id']);			  
		$qty_array = array();
		for ($i=0; $ns = (($quantity < 20) ? $quantity : 20), $i <= $ns; $i++) {

//Fix added to display the Buy Button nex to the Qty Select Mike
				$lc_text = '<span style="white-space:nowrap;vertical-align:middle;">';
				$lc_text .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing['products_id'], $qty_array, '0','');
				//$lc_text .= tep_draw_hidden_field('Qty_ProdId_' . $listing['products_id'], $value = (int)1);
				$lc_text .= ' ' . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $listing['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</span>'; 

}

Hi

I have MP working with everything except wishlist. The updates done since this contrib. was released makes it a really great tool.

Has anyone had any experience with the following problems:

1. wishlist will only add a master product, not the slaves.

2. whishlist will not add attributes when using the product_info.php modified for Master Products, but will on product_info.php with all my mods. except Master Products.

TIA...

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

How about the ability to redirect to the master if a link is entered for a slave product?

I am trying to eliminate the duplicate content that may be found by Search Engines.

The problem comes in where the "Also purchased" is shown to customers. It will show the slave instead of the master. The customer then clicks on the item in the "Also purchased" box and is now taken to the slave product instead of the master.

This will create duplicate content issues for the search engines and will hurt your search engine results.

Anyone have any ideas for this?

How about the ability to redirect to the master if a link is entered for a slave product?

I am trying to eliminate the duplicate content that may be found by Search Engines.

The problem comes in where the "Also purchased" is shown to customers. It will show the slave instead of the master. The customer then clicks on the item in the "Also purchased" box and is now taken to the slave product instead of the master.

This will create duplicate content issues for the search engines and will hurt your search engine results.

Anyone have any ideas for this?

I just got rid of the "also purchased" stuff and also the suggested accessories. That seemed to help with the duplicate content issues.

Linda

I don' understand your Q

Do you want a check box instead of a drop down list?

The answer to that can be found in the forum =)

The PROBLEM:

I don' understand your Q

Do you want a check box instead of a drop down list?

The answer to that can be found in the forum =)

What I would like is for the slaves to appear with no quantity box/dropdown menu/checkbox. The "Buy It" button should automatically add 1 to the cart when you click on it, then in the cart you should change the quantity if you want to. Do you know how to get rid of the quantity selector, and have the Buy It button just add 1 to the cart?

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

What I would like is for the slaves to appear with no quantity box/dropdown menu/checkbox. The "Buy It" button should automatically add 1 to the cart when you click on it, then in the cart you should change the quantity if you want to. Do you know how to get rid of the quantity selector, and have the Buy It button just add 1 to the cart?

No offense, but, IMHO

That seems to defeat the whole purpose of master/slave products. I see the main purpose being to sell a suggested set of items with only one click. For example, a tea set would have a teapot, 4 cups and saucers, and maybe a creamer and sugar. 1 click gets them all, with an option to order individual pieces if desired.

What you are asking probably could be better accomplished with a well-organized category and sub-category structure.

To have to order all individually, you would be best served with a "tea set" category, "this pattern" sub-category, list of items

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Yes, well I appreciate the thought but to be honest, that wouldn't work for my purposes. In my case its a scenerio where the site sells vitamins & supplements. So, say they sell vitamin C, and they have a 500 pill bottle, a 1000 pill bottle, and a 2000 pill bottle. Its not efficient or acceptable to make a "Vitamin C" category and list them all there, as they have close to 200 different vitamins and supplements. That would mean that they would end up with 200 categories of vitamins, each with 2 or 3 products in it. To concatenate the problem, I am using dynamenu which is a dhtml menu system that generates flyout menu dynamically based on the categories you have setup, so the flyouts could get a bit unwieldy.

Maybe you begin to see my point?....

Anyway, if you don't have any suggestions on coding, its kind of a moot point as MS2 is already set up and working on the store. I'm just trying to add functionality to it now.

Installed Modules:

Yes, well I appreciate the thought but to be honest, that wouldn't work for my purposes. In my case its a scenerio where the site sells vitamins & supplements. So, say they sell vitamin C, and they have a 500 pill bottle, a 1000 pill bottle, and a 2000 pill bottle. Its not efficient or acceptable to make a "Vitamin C" category and list them all there, as they have close to 200 different vitamins and supplements. That would mean that they would end up with 200 categories of vitamins, each with 2 or 3 products in it. To concatenate the problem, I am using dynamenu which is a dhtml menu system that generates flyout menu dynamically based on the categories you have setup, so the flyouts could get a bit unwieldy.

Maybe you begin to see my point?....

Anyway, if you don't have any suggestions on coding, its kind of a moot point as MS2 is already set up and working on the store. I'm just trying to add functionality to it now.

I understand where you are. If I were setting this up from scratch (and have done for customers) I would use attributes for the larger bottles. However.....

Do you use any attributes on the slave products, and do you have SPP installed? Let me know, I'll take a look at the code. Preliminary glance tells me it may not be much of a problem to make the change you need.

btw... don't feel bad. no one has even acknowledged my original question above, and still have not figured out a good solution to making master/slave and whishlist work together.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

I have installed this contribution to a heavily modified shop and am having problems integrating the code into product_info.php On products that do not have a master or any slaves, the add to cart button and wishlist button are not adding anything to the cart. I have compared it to my original product_info and the mod and can't find out where the problem is. Any ideas?

Sorry...took care of this and tried to edit to no avail. I wanted to also change the structure of the box and add the image of the slave...ie;

Image - Name - description - model # - Options - Quantity - Price

Which file do I change to do this and anyone have an idea of how to add the image?

Hi,

I currently use qtpro to manage stock levels for my products but would like to add the ability to cross sell and build packages.

From reading the forum it sounds like it might but not 100% sure.

Will this allow me to do that and replace qt pro or will I need to hack the mod to get it to work with qtpro?

also does anyone know of any live sites that currenlty do what I'm trying to do so I can have a look at how it hangs to gether?

Thanks

Steve

G'day,

I have successfully managed to add master products to my site and have hit upon a problem.

I sell a range of licensed giftware covering different sports in Australia i.e. Rugby League, AFL, Football etc. Each product I sell is available in each team. Using easy populate I was able to add each team by setting them up as a slave to the master product. What I would like to do now is set a minimum quantity pack size required for each product. The problem is I need the minimum quantity to be calculated from the total slaves.

Coffee Mug <Master>

Team 1 <Slave 1> - qty 7

Team 2 <Slave 2> - qty 0

Team 3 <Slave 3> - qty 3

Team 4 <Slave 4> - qty 1

Using the example, the total mugs ordered would be 11 however I require the minimum quantity ordered to be 12.

What is the best way of doing this?

Cheers.

Still looking on any info to solve this..

Also in my product listing pages, both my master and slave products are being displayed.. I only want my master products displayed, anyone know how? IS it also possible to have a dropdown on the product listings so that it displays its slave products so that they can be added to the cart from there?

Is there any way to have the master product shown in the same table as the slave products on the product info page?

My customers are confused with having 2 different buy now buttons in different places..

It would make it neater and less confusing to my customers if it was all in the same table..

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I dont know if this was answered before but reading 92pages will be so hard :'( so I am asking.

I installed the master product on my RC1 and it work great :) I just have some layout problem :

- The Quantity selecter for Master product is at the bottom insted of being beside Add to cart button.

- The Quantity text is the php code and not the Language text how to fix that

- I have 2 time This product was added on (i have changed the text in my languiage file to last updated on) how to delete one ?

See screenshot to understand.

masterproductlc0.jpg

Thanks in advance for all your help :)

G'day again,

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance top look at my problem. I go live in one week. Ive entered 3000 products and am almost finished. I just need to sort out minimum order quantities.

Cheers in advance

Hello,

I was able to solve myself the problem of layout. Now I please need help for somthing more important.

I wsould like that the name/description of Slave product be Clickable with link to slave porduct. The best will be a little popup window showing picture, price and description of cliked slave product.

Anyone can help please ?

Hello,

I was able to solve myself the problem of layout. Now I please need help for somthing more important.

I wsould like that the name/description of Slave product be Clickable with link to slave porduct. The best will be a little popup window showing picture, price and description of cliked slave product.

Anyone can help please ?

I am trying to do the same thing - will let you know if I get anywhere - one easy way to do it is to add the code to link to the product in the descriptions panel. I would like to do it the same as in the product listing page.

I am trying to do the same thing - will let you know if I get anywhere - one easy way to do it is to add the code to link to the product in the descriptions panel. I would like to do it the same as in the product listing page.

I added a file to the contribution that will do a pop-up like you are looking for. It works on the slave's image, but could easily be added to the product name. I have a lot of mods on my carts, but should be stripped down enough to work on a basic setup.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1681

Edited by Geotex

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)