• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

Hello, I am currently having a problem with this particular contribution. While revamping the site for a relaunch we noticed that multiple masters were being assigned to slaves, but we were not selecting these masters. After some investigation and some testing I have since discovered that if you assign a product whose product_id is three digits (or possibly more) as a master, the product whose product_id is the last two digits (and possibly the first digit, but I no longer have any one digit product_id's) of the first product is also assigned as a master. In other words, if I assign a product whose id is 645 as a master then the product whose id is 45 will also be assigned. If anyone is aware of a fix for this I would most like to hear it. Thank you very much for your time.

-Ian

Edited by Kawazu

Ian Osos

Web Developer

>__< I was just a couple seconds too late to edit... *sigh*

For anyone who's interested in the problem, it appears to be caused by the fact that it selects the elements from the database using the LIKE operator and the products_master field (which is a string of various products_id's). I don't know of another way in which you could draw various products from a string without the LIKE operator, but that's what's causing it.

Ian Osos

Web Developer

Hi i need in MP make a change

before:

model..........description..............stock.........price

change to this

model........................................stock.........price

description........................................................

Can me someone help.

thnx

Look in your catalog/includes/modules folder for three files - master_products.php, master_listing.php and product_listing.php

I forget if it's master_products or master_listing but one of those and the product_listing.php file are the ones you will need to change. Just rearrange the order of the table columns to move the stock column to where you want it to display

~Tracy

>__< I was just a couple seconds too late to edit... *sigh*

For anyone who's interested in the problem, it appears to be caused by the fact that it selects the elements from the database using the LIKE operator and the products_master field (which is a string of various products_id's). I don't know of another way in which you could draw various products from a string without the LIKE operator, but that's what's causing it.

Well - I'm not sure if it would work or not - but can you select it where products_master = $HTTP_GET_VARS('products_id') (I wouldn't count on that being formatted properly for copy and paste - just going off the top of my head with the concept).

I would think the = should work but I'm not positive.

~Tracy

Well - I'm not sure if it would work or not - but can you select it where products_master = $HTTP_GET_VARS('products_id') (I wouldn't count on that being formatted properly for copy and paste - just going off the top of my head with the concept).

I would think the = should work but I'm not positive.

Yeah... I already tried that, but since the products_master field is a string of various id's (ie. "310 56 107 209") separated only by spaces it doesn't work. If the product's ID is 45 then it checks to see if any of any of those fields are equal to 45; you could only have one master for the product and it would have to be 45 for it to work properly... it can't be 45 AND 317, for instance, because "45" != "45 317". Thanks for the response though, I appreciate your time and input.

-Ian

Edited by Kawazu

Ian Osos

Web Developer

I think this contribution will work perfectly for my needs... I need to Sell different sub products of different sizes for diffrent prices. Also, say I'm selling a certian brand of cologne could I list on the same page as a slave product that brand of deodorant, body lotion, shower gel, etc....

One other question: the cart I'm using is Cre Loaded 6.2 standard. How hard would it be to convert this cont to work with Cre Loaded? I have already invested too much cash into using Cre Loaded to change. Templates and code modification.

Thanks

Trying get master products to work with wishlist 2.0 (15 Nov 2006). I'm using checkboxes. Any help greatly appreciated. I've got it to work partially, (adds the master product, not the slave products) I was able to get it to add the slave products if I attempted to add the products to the wishlist, then to the cart, then the wishlist again. Thanks again.

in application_top.php

//Wishlist actions (must be before shopping cart actions)
if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['wishlist_x']))

{
 if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']))

{
 if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))

{
 $attributes_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']; tep_session_register('attributes_id');
}

$wishlist_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'];
tep_session_register('wishlist_id');

}
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));
}

//Master Products
 // customer adds multiple products from the master_listing page
case 'add_slave' :
						 reset($HTTP_POST_VARS);
						 while ( list( $key, $val ) = each( $HTTP_POST_VARS ) ) {
						   if (substr($key,0,11) == "Qty_ProdId_") {
							 $prodId = substr($key,11);
							 $qty = $val;
							 if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]) && is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"])) {
							   // We have attributes
							   $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($prodId,$HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]))+$qty, $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"]);
							 } else {
							   // No attributes
							   $cart->add_cart($prodId, $cart->get_quantity($prodId)+$qty);
							 }
						   }
						 }
						 tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
						 break;

//Master Products EOF

product_info.php code

echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('Qty_ProdId_' . $product_info['products_id'], '1', 'size="4"') . ' '; // checkbox field

if I assign a product whose id is 645 as a master then the product whose id is 45 will also be assigned. If anyone is aware of a fix for this I would most like to hear it. Thank you very much for your time.

I have been looking for an answer to the same problem with regards to Master Products and the LIKE statement.

Has any one got an answer to this problem? If so, I would be very grateful if you could help, as I have only yesterday set a new site live and this problem has only come to light now (typically it didn't occur in testing).

On a related matter, have you experienced problems with attributes with mast products. We have them working fine except for when the cart is updated in the shopping cart page. At this point, the attributes are nor longer displayed. They do appear to be kept though on record as they do appear in hte confirm order page...

Looking forward to any help you can provide.

I have been looking for an answer to the same problem with regards to Master Products and the LIKE statement.

Has any one got an answer to this problem? If so, I would be very grateful if you could help, as I have only yesterday set a new site live and this problem has only come to light now (typically it didn't occur in testing).

On a related matter, have you experienced problems with attributes with mast products. We have them working fine except for when the cart is updated in the shopping cart page. At this point, the attributes are nor longer displayed. They do appear to be kept though on record as they do appear in hte confirm order page...

Looking forward to any help you can provide.

Unfortunately I have not yet been a able to find a permanent solution to the problem, but I have set up a temporary solution. First, locate the /catalog/includes/modules/master_products.php file. Find the following block of code:

}

$master_sql = "select  " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id,  p.manufacturers_id, p.products_tax_class_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.status, p.products_price from ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_master LIKE '%" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "%' and p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";

}

and change it to:

}

if($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] < '100'){
			  $master_sql = "select  " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id,  p.manufacturers_id, p.products_tax_class_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.status, p.products_price from ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_master LIKE '%0" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "%' and p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
			}else{
			  $master_sql = "select  " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id,  p.manufacturers_id, p.products_tax_class_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.status, p.products_price from ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_master LIKE '%" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "%' and p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
			}

}

After this when you add masters to a slave in the admin section locate the section where numbers (the master's product_id) are generated in the text field below the selection list; make sure every number has at least three digits. For instance, if the product_id added to the field is "45" change it to "045" by adding a 0 in front of it, but if it's "456" you do not need to alter it at all. Of course, if you have product_id's higher than 999 things will need to be changed around (if this is the case let me know and I'll be happy to alter the code/directions... if you want me to, that is). As I said, a temporary solution but it's got things working for now. I think I'm going to alter the code in the /catalog/admin/categories.php file to simply generate extra 0's when necessary rather than rewrite the module... if you can't beat them, join them/shortcuts are fun/etc.!

As for your other question; I have not had that problem before, but I will test it a bit and let you know if anything pops up. If you need anything else just let me know; always glad to help.

-Ian

Ian Osos

Web Developer

I'm a relative amateur when it comes to modifying oscommerce and I just installed this contribution. I created a master product with a bunch of slave products, but now it seems that I can't view the slave products individually. Every time I click on the links for the individual products, it takes me to the master product. What can I do to get the slave products to display like regular products? (I'm not sure if this question has already answered because 88 pages is a lot to read through...)

I'm a relative amateur when it comes to modifying oscommerce and I just installed this contribution. I created a master product with a bunch of slave products, but now it seems that I can't view the slave products individually. Every time I click on the links for the individual products, it takes me to the master product. What can I do to get the slave products to display like regular products? (I'm not sure if this question has already answered because 88 pages is a lot to read through...)

Nevermind... I just looked at the contribution page and saw the code that does that.

Alright... I think I found a less temporary fix for my problem for anyone that's interested. The following changes will fix the whole problem with scanning the products_master field and adding slaves that do not belong to that master because of the LIKE command and the product_id's... see my previous posts if you don't know what I'm talking about. It will also generate the extra 0's in the "Products Master: (products_id)" text field when you select a master. I went ahead and changed it so that you'll be okay until your products_id's are more that 9999... so, in theory, this means until you have more that 9,999 products for sale.

***IMPORTANT***

Be warned that before everything works correctly you MUST go through every slave that you added before this change and make it four digits by adding extra 0's in front of the products_id's already in the field. For instance, if you have a field that says "32 567 100 8641" you must change it to "0032 0567 0100 8641."

Because of this change you might want to alter the database field "products_master" in the "products" table so that it can support more characters. You can do this a number of ways, but through the MySQL command line one way you can do it (what I did) is like this:

alter table products modify products_master VARCHAR(500);

ALSO, I am an amateur programmer therefore I do not guarantee that these changes will work correctly with your store. I also do not guarantee that these changes will not break your store. I am using these changes on my store, and everything appears to be running smoothly, but my store is heavily modified with many changes. It SHOULD work, and I can see no reason why it would not work, BUT use at your own risk...

BACKUPS BACKUPS BACKUPS

***/IMPORTANT***

Now that we've gotten through that, here are the changes. In /catalog/admin/categories.php find the following code:

function updateProductsMaster() {
 var selected_value = document.forms["new_product"].products_master_select.selectedIndex;
 var masValue = document.forms["new_product"].products_master_select[selected_value].value;
 var theValue = document.forms["new_product"].products_master.value;

if(theValue != '0' && theValue != '' && masValue != ''){
	  document.forms["new_product"].products_master.value = theValue+' '+masValue;
}else{
	document.forms["new_product"].products_master.value = masValue;
}
}

and replace it with:

function updateProductsMaster() {
 var selected_value = document.forms["new_product"].products_master_select.selectedIndex;
 var masValue = document.forms["new_product"].products_master_select[selected_value].value;
 var theValue = document.forms["new_product"].products_master.value;

if(theValue != '0' && theValue != '' && masValue != ''){
  if(masValue < 1000){
	if(masValue < 100){
	  document.forms["new_product"].products_master.value = theValue+' '+0+0+masValue;
	}else{
	document.forms["new_product"].products_master.value = theValue+' '+0+masValue;
	}
  }else{
	document.forms["new_product"].products_master.value = theValue+' '+masValue;
  }
}else{
  if(masValue < 1000){
	if(masValue < 100){
	document.forms["new_product"].products_master.value = 0+0+masValue;
	}else{
	document.forms["new_product"].products_master.value = 0+masValue;
	}
  }else{
	document.forms["new_product"].products_master.value = masValue;
  }
}
}

In /catalog/includes/modules/master_products.php find the following code:

}

}

and replace it with:

}

if($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] < '1000'){
				$master_sql = "select  " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id,  p.manufacturers_id, p.products_tax_class_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.status, p.products_price from ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_master LIKE '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "%' and p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
			  }else{
				$master_sql = "select  " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id,  p.manufacturers_id, p.products_tax_class_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.status, p.products_price from ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_master LIKE '%0" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "%' and p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
			  }
			}else{
			}

}

*Note: this is assuming you have not already altered this particular block of code. If you already implemented the change that I presented before, simply find the block of new code and replace that.

That should just about do it. If you need anymore help; more or less digits for your product_id's, implementing, etc.; let me know and I'll do what I can.

-Ian

Ian Osos

Web Developer

Hrmmmm... apparently I typed something up wrong... or copied it wrong... or something.

Edit: Okay... something's wrong when I post to the forums... it's leaving a rather critical part of the code out. Don't do anything yet, I'll post the REAL fix as soon as I get things working.

Edited by Kawazu

Ian Osos

Web Developer

Let's try it this way...

In /catalog/includes/modules/master_products.php find the following code:

}

if($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] < '1000'){
			    $master_sql = "select  " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id,  p.manufacturers_id, p.products_tax_class_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.status, p.products_price from ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_master LIKE '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "%' and p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
			  }else{
			  }
			}else{
			}

}

Ian Osos

Web Developer

Okay... I'm getting rather tired of this. In the second section of new code find:

'" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "%'

and replace it with:

'%[zero][zero]" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "%'

And then replace the two [zero]'s with actual numerical 0's.

There... THAT should do it *grumbles under his breath*

Ian Osos

Web Developer

I'm having a new problem with this contribution. I have product options for my slave products and it's allowing people to order those options even though there isn't any stock available. How can I modify the files so that if the stock is 0, the option no longer shows?

I have 2questions:

1: when all slave product = qty 0 then master will by disabled?? How to??

2: i employ only slave product and the master have price 0, and if possible to make a change in product_listing to display price of master will be the lowest price of slave product??

I'm having a new problem with this contribution. I have product options for my slave products and it's allowing people to order those options even though there isn't any stock available. How can I modify the files so that if the stock is 0, the option no longer shows?

This should be a simple matter of setting your stores configuration. In yours store admin section, go to Configuration / Stock and set 'Allow Checkout' to false so at least they can't check out.

Other than that, it should be a matter of changing the $master_sql query in includes/modules/master_products.php and you'll have to change the query to incorporate a check for stock levels.

Look for:

Change to something like the below (Be warned, I have NOT tested this what so ever, so it will probably fail!)

$master_sql = "select  " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id,  p.manufacturers_id, p.products_tax_class_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.status, p.products_price from ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_quantity != '0' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_master LIKE '%" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "%' and p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";

Hope it helps.

Adam

Hi Everyone,

I've just installed Master Products and could use some help in understanding layout. Is there a Master Products Manual outlining how to add product and relate as master and slave? Our products are categorized by article (Beads, Buttons, Pendants etc..) Each product in the article series come in several colors and sizes and packaging units. For example in the Beads article series each product is sold first by color, this then determines the size available, which in turn determines the packaging unit (GROSS or 1/2GROSS), then select the qty of 'packaging units'. I'd like to display only the top level product and have Master Products act only as a attribute parser? Something Like;

Menu categories:

Buttons

Pendants

Beads colors available, determine sizes, determine packaging units

5210 > (clear,blue,red) > (3, 4, 7) > (GROSS & 1/2 GROSS)

Showing only 1 product the entire time customer drills down through attributes.

Thank You in advance?

Cheers

JKay

I studpidly imported the database change multiple times and now under admin > configuration > slave products each listing e.g. "Display Slave Product Name," is showing up 4 times. Is there any way to fix this without having to start with a completely new database?

I know little to nothing about sql but could you do something like take the Master.sql file and changing each line to:

DELETE configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Name', 'MASTER_LIST_NAME', '5', 'Do you wish to display the products name?', 16, 1, '2003-11-17 20:22:53', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I studpidly imported the database change multiple times and now under admin > configuration > slave products each listing e.g. "Display Slave Product Name," is showing up 4 times. Is there any way to fix this without having to start with a completely new database?

I know little to nothing about sql but could you do something like take the Master.sql file and changing each line to:

DELETE configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Slave Product Name', 'MASTER_LIST_NAME', '5', 'Do you wish to display the products name?', 16, 1, '2003-11-17 20:22:53', '2003-11-04 23:28:38', NULL, NULL);

Thanks

I doubt that this is a problem with the database because MySQL makes it rather difficult to make duplicates. It's much more likely that it's a problem with the actual code (this happened to me when I tried to implement this contrib in a hurry... I had two sets of Edit, Delete, Move, and Copy To buttons in the admin categories section). I would recommend you redo the categories.php file from your backup, or, if it's easy enough, to go through and clean it up. Hope that helps.

-Ian

Edited by Kawazu

Ian Osos

Web Developer

Thanks

When I've had similar problems I just go through phpMyAdmin and delete the extras. If you click on the name of a column at the top it will sort everything alphabetically by that column, so for example, the column that says "MASTER_LIST_NAME" - if you sort by that column you can see all of the extras that start with "MASTER" :thumbsup:

~Tracy

Hello,

I looked over the internet but i haven't found the answer !!

Whats to do in this case:

"1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'products_master_status' at row 1

insert into products (products_quantity, products_model, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_listing_status, products_master_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_master, products_date_added) values ('10', '', '2234', null, '100', '1', '0', '', '1', '35', '300', now())"

Thanks in advace!