• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Infobox Skin Manager

equilla

Please ignore the path pasted..

store3/...

store/....

I made a mistake in copy and paste. I have two oscommerce in these two stores respectively to try out different contributions. Regardless of the store3 or store..

the same error persists.

Sincerely hope someone is able to assist in rectifying the problems. I've been working on it for many days.. it should be something simple for the veterans but for a newbie is a real tough block. :'(

Thank you

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again,

OK, the problem is this. When you access the following url:

/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php?action=save&selected_box=administrator

It means that $HTTP_POST_VARS is empty as that is not an intended way of accessing the page infobox_skin_mapping.php with ?action=save set. When ?action=save is set, the script is expecting some data to have been posted via the form with the radio buttons on it, but this has not happened because the page has not been accessed by clicking the confirm button.

This is not a usual situation, because when clicking one of the headings in the left hand column, for one of those sections that is standard within the "off the shelf" osCommerce build, there is normally a default page that opens for each of them.

For some of the contributions, it seems that is not done, which is partly I think where the problem occurs. For instance, on one my builds which has the Gift Voucher/Credit Class installed, I just managed to get:

http://www.domain.com/admin/customers.php?...ed_box=gv_admin

So, I am seeing a page which "belongs" to the customers/orders box, but it is the Vouchers/Coupons box which is expanded. In this case it doesn't cause any problem because no posted input is expected by the page I am viewing.

Ultimately, it seems that when I wrote Infobox Skin Manager all that time ago, I should have used a redirect to plain old infobox_skin_mapping.php (i.e. without ?action=save set) after doing the mechanics of writing out files and updating the database.

The workaround would be as follows - once you have set the radio controls for the skin mapping as you want and have clicked "Confirm", click the link for the Infobox Skin Mapping page in the left column. This will open infobox_skin_mapping.php afresh again and then you should be able to navigate away from the page without errors.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Thanks for the time and patience for the reply and explaination.

Is this the only workaround solution?

Is there a way to set the "confirm" button to automatically refresh or redirect the page to infobox_skin_mapping.php? Instead of clicking it again on the left column?

It is not an intuitive way to navigate and the error message is annoying. It is such a great and useful contribution that I really want to have but other admin contributions that I've installed is needed as well. I've tried to have it with Admin Access Control Level, Admin Login and Infobox Admin, neither works harmoniously with Infobox Skin Manager. It looks like more contributions are written without a default page but only making the left column expandable. Does it mean I have to choose this or either?

Apologies for being a pain in the ass...

Edited by tuppergirl

Equilla..

I've lately installed this skin manager but there are a few little things I need aid in customizing it to fit my current store.

- How do I delete the header, footer, header navigation, main content, left and right column from the mapping page? They are not skinned by the way. But the info boxes work marverlously! I need only the info boxes but not the others as they aren't working and there are only checked radio button for the left right column and main content. If I leave the header, footer and header navigation unchecked, it runs into an error as the header set is not passed. I didn't upload the header navi, header, footer, left right column and main content in the boxes_content folder but they are still available in the mapping page. How can I take them out?

- I had my store layout in the middle with table width 760px. The alignment goes way off in the index page after the skin manager is installed. Other pages alignment is slightly to the left but still presentable. The index page is not taking the 760px width I've set.

Equilla....

Another two things I forgot to mention. When a skin is deleted, it is not updated at the mapping library. I can still find the deleted skin in the mapping library. When a new skin is chosen to overwrite an existing slice set, it is not updated instantly as well. :blink:

Like Jacms I also have a problem with the footer. The skin I set for the footer is not working, it remains the long grey bar. The skins do work for my boxes.

I also want to have the option to say "no skin" for the footer.

I hope somebody can help.

Gr. Guido

Hello there,

I have this contribution working with STS and am **VERY** happy so far! I do finally have one question. I'm working with a specific infobox and would like to keep the bottom slice from repeating. I'm sure I could do this somehow via css, but can't seem to figure out how to keep it from affecting ALL infoboxes.... Here's an example of what I have (on left) and what I'd like to see (on right):

web-example-boxes.jpg

I'm currently working with the Manufacturers box, but ideally I'd like this option for any box I choose. (I do have a "blank" box for the longer sections like Categories and stuff, but these "decorated" boxes really seem to do well with the dropdown menus and some shorter boxes and really jazz up the page.)

I'm pretty sure there's a way to "cut" the code somewhere so that it will only affect one specific box at a time, but I am no coder and everytime I start messing with the php, I screw something up! :-"

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for a great mod!!!

Ramsey

"Cowgirl Expressions"

Ok, I have installed this and it is sort of working.

Please see

http://alltheaboveweb.com/catalog/index.php

My header bar is the wrong color.

At the bottom is an error in the footer and it says there are files missing.

The titles for all the boxes and links at the top are wrong.

I had previously had those OSC default icons deleted and my Page Title centered, but they are back now and when I tried to delete them, I received parse errors.

I am not using sts or bts. My background is hardocded on css

Also, there are some boxes that I am not using such as "New Products" and "Upcoming Products", however there is a required radio box for them.

How would I go about removing those requirements and thus eliminating the errors generated. Also, can I, in theory, use this to create boxes to put around my products themselves?

I will try to resolve some of these errors myself as I wait for a response.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lori

Hi lilqhgal,

I'm trying to do somethign similar as well and experience similar problem. I added the image from the codes instead of using infobox skin sets.

------------------------------

Did anyone feel that the loading time is unusually long for the skin to load?

I tried to use dashed line for the border of the infoboxes but the dashed line is not showing well. It basically sliced the corners but not the top and bottom horizontal, left right vertical. why it works only for straight hard line but not dashed line? anyone knows this?

I tried to use dashed line for the border of the infoboxes but the dashed line is not showing well. It basically sliced the corners but not the top and bottom horizontal, left right vertical. why it works only for straight hard line but not dashed line? anyone knows this?

Put this in css under the BODY tag

border: dashed; border-width: 2px;

color: #cc9966;

border changes the edges. I have experimented with the words solid, dashed, dotted. I'm sure more words work, but I know those do for sure

color changes what color the edge definition is.

Put this in css under the BODY tag

border: dashed; border-width: 2px;

color: #cc9966;

border changes the edges.  I have experimented with the words solid, dashed, dotted.  I'm sure more words work, but I know those do for sure

color changes what color the edge definition is.

Oops.. I just realized that what I told you is for the whole page, not individual boxes. I haven't played around with the boxes yet as I am still trying to get the column and footer to act properly.

Hi

This is a great contrib, however I problems with it. I hope you can help me. :'(

First, when entering the template admin page, I get messages saying "Error - W:/www/catalog/images/slice_sets/7 does not exist", and the slice_sets-folder wasnt even in the package(!?) however I created them manually and I guess that will do fine.

Also, when confirming a chosen skin, clicking the CONFIRM button, I get a blank page with URL http://localhost/catalog/admin/infobox_ski...p?&action=slice. I belive it misses out some variables..?

Thats all for now.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just intalled Info Box Skin manager 2.0

Looks like it is working good so far except that in the admin tool

I am missing radio buttons for "no Skin" except for the bottom 3 options.

Is this by design or do I have something wrong.

Thanks in advance

Greate Contribuition was just the thing I needed for my site.

Hi,

been a long time since I've even looked at the admin side of this contribution, but if I recall correctly this behaviour is by design.

The idea being that if you're putting this contribution on, you would want a skin of some sort on all your infoboxes, but skinning left column, right column, main content, is more a matter of personal taste and therefore you have the option not to skin these at all.

Regards,

Thanks for your reply Mark and this great contrib!!!

all I really wanted to do was turn the contrib off and on and I eventualy found the switch for that in the admin panel.

But I have a new problem.

I got my new skin up and everything looks great except I need to change the text color in the header of the infoboxes.

I have my style sheet set to white but the text is showing black.

When I switch off the contrib the header text changes back to white.

my site is www.digitalmotoring.com/catalog ***not a live store yet****

Here is the info box entry from my style sheet.

TD.infoBoxHeading {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

font-weight: bold;

background: #0072BC;

color: #ffffff;

Searched all over for the answer so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi again,

you're really testing my memory to the limit here lol.

Anyway, if believe the answer lies in the fact that the class name for the infobox header will change when you turn the infobox skinning on and off.

If you look in the stylesheet you will see a section that was added for ISM, and particularly blocks like this:

.newinfobox_top1 {

font-size: 12px;

white-space: nowrap;

}

That corresponds to the infobox heading for infoboxes belonging to slice set 1. There is a similar one for all the other slice sets.

If you set color in this section like this:

.newinfobox_top1 {

font-size: 12px;

white-space: nowrap;

color: #fff;

}

then with a bit of luck, the text will change to the specified colour.

Regards,

Hello,

I've installed this contribution, and while I can see changes in left and right column, nothing happens in my infoboxes ( categories, manufacturers, ....) which are inside these columns. I always end up with the grey Osc look, even if the radio buttons for these infoboxes have been clicked in the admin.

Thank you for your help.

• 1 month later...

Hi to all the happy infobox skin manger user,

I shortley discovered and intalled this wonderfull contrib on my test-shop and I love it.

But as I'm testing around, I found an error, which I can't get rid of for days now.

Now I found out, that this error may have anything to do with my "Infobox skin manager" - installation, as a similar sql-code is in skin_top.php.

But first I'll discribe the error: It allways happens, when I'm trying to recall an attributed article from the cart, for overviewing or making changes i.e. Then the following error appears:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{2}6{1}1' at line 1

select * from products as p, products_description as pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.products_id = 37{2}6{1}1

[TEP STOP]

... and except this, blank screen.

The only way than to modificate the article is, to delete him and put a new one.

I searched in the entire site for these (error-) code and found it in the skin_top.php (line 31-39):

if(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])){

$prod_name_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " as p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " as pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.products_id = " . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);

$prod_name = tep_db_fetch_array($prod_name_query);

$header_text = $prod_name['products_name'];

}

Well, as I allready mentioned, the error just appears, when I handle with an attributed article, others without attributes are not affected.

I got the impression that there is anything wrong with the variables in the brackets for the attributes. But I'm not a great crack in reading (understanding -smile.gif ) code. So it would be great, if anybody helps.

But maybe also I'm totally wrong, and there is nothing to do with skin-manager.

I run the server on my localhost with apache 2.0 and php4 .

So, if there where anybody to give me an idea, whats going wrong, I would be very glad.

thanks a lot,

oile

Hi Oile,

this one has been covered before, but some time ago, and yes, it is a bug with Infobox Skin Manager. Edit the query you mention and add the (int) cast to get rid of all those curly brackets for products which have attributes, as follows:

$prod_name_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " as p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " as pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.products_id = " . (int) $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);

Hope this helps,

Mark

Hi Mark,

wonderful - you're great - it works now as it should. :D

You ended now a four day painful clicking, reading, copying and what else hard job for a osc - newbie.

I allready thought, that this may be a matter of field definition, just I didn't know how to handle it.

Thanks a lot for your immediate help and muito obrigado from Brazil

Oile