The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Infobox Skin Manager

equilla

equilla..

thank you, i have seen it, had this:

gd

GD Support enabled

GD Version bundled (2.0.15 compatible)

cant understand how to make it work though, any id?as`?

thanks / andrew

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

to workaround with gdlib1, just replace imagecreatetruecolor() with imagecreate() in the infobox_skins.php file.

Cheers,

I don't mean to beat this into the ground or to be ruide, but I made a post about a problem I am having with this module. If anyone could go back to say the 7th (maybe 6th) page or so or browse my posts from my profile, I would appreciate it. I understand that my post may have gotten burried and shoved off as an ole post by now so I thought I'd post about it again (don;t want to repost the whole post because it is rather long, which I suspect may have turned some folks off to begin with. SOrry :) I just thought I'd give you as much info up fron t as possible).

I really love this module and I would like to get it working 100% if someone can help me. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

Edited by cxm322

Hi Carlo,

apologies for that - sometimes things do get missed when many posts come in a relatively short period of time.

I have had a look at your previous posts and have a quick question for you - is the filename of the skin you are trying to upload, the same as one which already exists in the skins library? Or is it the same as one which used to exist in the skins library? (Note that when skins are "deleted" they are removed from the database, but not pyhsically deleted from the file system).

If so, it may simply be a case of manually deleting the old file from the server through ftp, or setting chmod on the file itself (i.e not the skins folder, but the file within it) to 777 so that it can be overwritten.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Mark,

Thank you for replying. I figured my post got buried so that is why I posted again.

You are right. My problem is solved. Just had to delete the file from the directory first. Thank you very much!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Mark:

Your contribution seems to be GREAT !

I didn?t replace the Page Main Contents, ?cause I had installed the Simple Template System.

I add the STS code to these files:

/catalog/includes/header.php

/catalog/includes/footer.php

/catalog/includes/column_left.php

/catalog/includes/column_right.php

and the SKIN MANAGER is working... But I have one problem. There?s NO MAIN CONTENT on the PAGE!!

Just the lovely infoboxes :huh:

A little problem, right?

What could be happening?

Thanks in advance

c e x

• 7 months later...

hi,

I have infobox working fine for everything except the header nav, anybody got any ideas why? I am pretty sure i have checked everything.

Here is the code from the header.

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr>

<?php echo '<td align="center" class="headernavigation" background="' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'slice_sets/' . INFOBOX_HEADERNAV_SLICE_SET . '/top_background.jpg" height="' . INFOBOX_HEADERNAV_HEIGHT . '">  ';?>

<?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>

<?php echo '<td class="headernavigation" align="right" background="' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'slice_sets/' . INFOBOX_HEADERNAV_SLICE_SET . '/top_background.jpg" height="' . INFOBOX_HEADERNAV_HEIGHT . '">';?>

</tr>

</table>

???

• 4 months later...

This is an awesome contributions! I'm close.

My columns are working but all my main boxes are messed up...

Login, Shopping Cart, etc.

Image paths are messed up: images/slice_sets//top_left.jpg

And the backgrounds are black.

I know I can change the entire look of the site with skin_top & skin_bottom, but what if I don't want that?

How can I apply ISM to the columns but not the main body?

Sam M. - Seattle

• 1 month later...

will there be any support for transparent gif format ?

because i get problems with round edges... usually its not a big deal because i set the corners of the boxes to the backgroung color.

but there are problems when a box is viewed within a box. like in the empty shopping cart box.

demo.jpg

your help would be very appriciated.

greez,

illmatixx

I have this contribution installed and it's great!

All boxes are done except for one

I tried to do the catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php and I can't get this to work.

Because there is no " new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents); to chanche in new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents,true); ".

Does anybody know how I have to get this to work.

• 2 months later...

I've infobox skin Manager and Infobox skin Admin installed. When I clicked "Infobox Admin" after skin mapping, I got the errors below..

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/magic/public_html/store/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 41

Warning: getimagesize(/home/magic/public_html/store/images/slice_sets//top_background.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/magic/public_html/store/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 55

Anyone knows what caused the above error and how to rectify it?

Thanks

It looks like you have an extra slash in the configuration parameter (see below) for the slice_sets directory - I imagine this would be in admin/includes/configure.php :D

/home/magic/public_html/store/images/slice_sets//top_background.jpg

Matti

Hi Matti,

Thanks for the help but still unable to solve the problem... :(

In the infobox skin Manager, in between the slashes is for the skins number.

$header_height = getimagesize(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . 'slice_sets/' . $header_set . '/top_background.jpg');

After trying to set a new directory in the configure.php or even trying my luck to delete the "/"... still to no avail.........

any more thoughts on this?

Yes - the variable $header_set is empty - essentially it is not showing the directory for the chosen set, hence the double slash.

Matti

Thanks again Matti. But it works fine for all other pages except the infobox admin. Once I clicked "confirm" from the infobox_skin_mapping.php and proceed to the infobox admin option, I've the above errors. But if I proceed to others like "configuration", "reports","customers"..etc it works fine. Its only the infobox admin page from the infobox_skin_mapping.php. Its not "accepting" the infobox admin, looks like the infobox skin mapping page is not generating the infobox admin page.

I've been trying to work on this for quite some time... still to no avail..

Thanks for the patience and help given.

p/s: Apologies of not able to explain the problem in proper programming lingo as I'm a beginner in this.

foreach ($skin_map as $key => $val){

$boxes_string = '<?php' . "\n";

$boxes_string .= '$skin_slice_set = ' . $val . ";\n";

$boxes_string .= 'include (DIR_WS_INCLUDES . \'boxes_content/' . $key . '\');' . "\n";

$boxes_string .= '?>';

$query = "insert into " . TABLE_INFOBOX_SKIN_MAPPING . " (filename, slice_set_id) values ('" . $key . "', '" . $val . "')";

tep_db_query ($query);         

$fp = fopen (DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/boxes/' . $key, 'w');

fwrite ($fp, $boxes_string);

fclose($fp);

}

I've been struggling with this for many days.......

Followed by......

$header_set = $HTTP_POST_VARS['header_set'];

?  $header_height = getimagesize(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . 'slice_sets/' . $header_set . '/top_background.jpg');

?  $header_height = $header_height[1];

?  $query = "update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $header_set . "' where configuration_key = 'INFOBOX_HEADERNAV_SLICE_SET'";

? ? tep_db_query ($query);

? ? $query = "update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $header_height . "' where configuration_key = 'INFOBOX_HEADERNAV_HEIGHT'";

?  tep_db_query ($query);

Thanks!

Edited by tuppergirl

Hi there,

Both the "foreach" related error and the error relating to the doubleslash in the filename (there should be a number between those slashes) seem to point to things missing from $HTTP_POST_VARS that are expected by the script.

Translating that into non-techy speak, it makes me wonder whether you selected any of the radio buttons before clicking "Confirm"?

Regards,

Mark

Yes, I did selected all the radio buttons and I'm aware that in between the slashes, there is a number for the slice set chosen. Pardon me as I started to learn PHP and installed oscommerce barely 2-3 wks ago, I'm unable to explain them in proper programming terms. I seem to understand what's wrong but I can't rectify it as my programming skill is really limited.

If I don't clicked "confirmed" and move on to other pages, everything is working. But once I clicked "confimed"/"saved", and then choose other options admin options at the left column, there is an error message.

Other pages is not "accepting" the saved info from infobox_skin_mapping. But it still works fine if I view the catalog.

Edited by tuppergirl

When I'm at the infobox_skin_mapping option, the url is as followed

store/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php

When I clicked administrator, the url is as followed

Store/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php?action=save&selected_box=administrator

With the error message

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/creative/public_html/store3/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 41

Warning: getimagesize(/home/creative/public_html/store3/images/slice_sets//top_background.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/creative/public_html/store3/admin/infobox_skin_mapping.php on line 55

But when other options like "tools" was selected, the url is as followed
store/admin/backup.php?selected_box=tools

It looks like the infobox_skin_mapping is not "accepting" the administrator. I tried to use it with other contributiosn for the admin panel and I have the same problems. I'm new to this and thus wonder if Infobox Skin Manager not supposed to work with others Admin contributions? Pls advise as I really like this contribution and doesn't want to go without it.