• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unsold Carts Report

good re-beginning !

we shall post again our request even if we already did it on the old post

ill edit my post later

Odds are that it's been caught, but if you have a request for the REPORT, not the "sales tool" and it wasn't in 1.7, then this is the thread for it.

Yeah! It's called unsold_carts which means I win. :D

OK..how can I help get this thing going?

This is the REPORT. You want the "sales tool". That will be a separate thread once I complete the contribution. And we can discuss the name in PM's if you like. :D :P :rolleyes:

Do you have the code to allow people to tick a box and opt in to this service when setting up an account? I assume otherwise that it will fall foul of the European Community's anti-spam legislation next month.

do you have a checkbox for "Terms and Conditions" in your signup?

If so, add the following to the Terms:

---

Cart Reminder

When you sign up you give us permission to contact you when you have left an item in your shopping cart as a reminder that you have the item in your cart.

---

Since you only contact people that have completed signup, this would be gving you permission to do so.

Step ahead of me on that one JM. What do these european laws entail?

I don't know what the new laws are specifically for Europe, but I can state that unless the customer takes a positive action to agree to be contacted in signup (ie: they signup for the newsletter, and the default is NO newsletter) and they do not make a purchase, that unless you make it pro-active ("click here to agree to our Terms and Conditions" - with a link to those terms and conditions) and include a section in the T&Cs that clearly states that in signing up they are creating a relationship with you that will permit you to contact them under very specific conditions, then you can't contact them. Legislation specifically to that effect is currently winding it's way through the US (and I was told that it was based on the EU model).

If there was one thing that I wish came as standard in the signup process, it would be an "agree to T&C" checkbox that was "checked" with a javascript before form submission and if not agreed to then failed to create the customer. Yes, this *may* have the drawback of stopping some customer creations, but it is far more proactive (and according to my attorney, it is far better protection) than a line that says "On submission of this form you will create an account and you agree to the T&C of STORE_NAME".

This is really a topic for someplace else. <_<

Sorry for repeating myself - I just posted this in the old 'dead' thread by mistake and thought it'd be better in the latest thread...

Apologies if I've missed a post about it but I could find nothing searching. Great module and many thanks to those who contributed but...is there any way to show the selected product options as well? All of my store is available in many sizes and sometimes colors too and at the moment I have to spend ages in mysql tracking the selected options down.

Many thanks.

is there any way to show the selected product options as well? All of my store is available in many sizes and sometimes colors too and at the moment I have to spend ages in mysql tracking the selected options down.

It is currently planned to have product attributes displayed in the next release of the report.

is there any way to show the selected product options as well? All of my store is available in many sizes and sometimes colors too and at the moment I have to spend ages in mysql tracking the selected options down.

It is currently planned to have product attributes displayed in the next release of the report.

Great and thanks for the quick reply. I just found the password module that makes access to accounts easier so am doing it that way at the moment if I need to see the attrributes. However, obviosuly much easier to see them in the unsold cart report :)

Thanks again.

I would like to announce my offical and full support for Recover Cart Sales tool, because it provides everything that this report does and much more. I have already placed most of what was planned for version 2.0 of this report into the Recover Cart Sales tool. I am no longer going to continue updating this report because of this and that means I will not be releasing the planed 2.0 version of this report. You can find info about latest release of the RCS Tool in its topic:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67701

Can anyone help I've downloaded Unsold Carts Report 1.7 and have gone through all the steps for installation but I'm having difficulties find the last file to edit

5) Edit /admin/includes/filenames.php

It seems to be missing but my cart is running fine, can I download it from somewhere?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

I have difficulty opening the download ZIP file

UNSOLD CARTS Version 1.8 posted on 30th of MARCH 2004

and the NEW one posted today has only the README file.

Could you please check the DOWNLOAD package.

I have downloded and opened others today so my WINZIP

seems to be working OK

• 1 year later...

I hope this inappropriate but I see synergies between this proposed contribution and ?unsold Carts?.

What I propose (I am not a coder unfortunately) is an interface similar to that of unsold carts, but which emails successful customer with a personalised request for feedback/ request for product review in the hope of drawing the customer back in for repeat purchases/ to create review content and SE feed?.

What do you think? would this be an easy adaptation/ addition of the unsold cards code base?

To the creators and support team!!! ?Unsold Carts? is the best of the best!!! Brilliant!!!

Rich

• 1 year later...

Just installed this contrib, looks to be working fine.

What I would like to know is the following:

1 Does it auto email the customer when they abandon a cart? if not can it be made to do so?

2, Will automatically delete an unsold cart after a set period time? If not can it be made to do so?

I have also updated the package to reflect in the admin\reports\unsold carts to reflect its now using Version 2.1 were as before it displayed 1.6

Regards

Shaun

• 2 months later...

I downloaded and installed the latest version available: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,Unsold

The code works, but now i get an error when i send emails to customers (it worked before)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/customers/public_html/admin/includes/languages/finnish.php:600) in /var/www/customers/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

The mails are sent ok, i tested. But it sends out the error below to the screen.

Can someone help with this one?