Sign in to follow this  
inetchoices

Guest Account?

Howdy!

I want to install a contrib on my working shop that allows guests to make purchases without having to sign up for an account. I've come across two:

1. Purchase Without Account

2. Guest Account v2.2 MS2

Can someone please give me some advice as to which one of these contribs is:

1. The easiest to install

2. The easiest for the customer to use

3. The one with the most over-all functionality?

Any help is greatly appreciated! All feedback welcome!

Khim~

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

I tried the purchase without account contribution, but I couldn't get it to checkout, it just came to a blank page. I was using "Simple Template System" so that might have had something to do with it, but others had the same problem too. I haven't tried "Guest Account" but I believe that it is a good contribution to allow customers to checkout without creating an account.

Jud

Ok.

After reading through the contrib posting for Guest Accounts and PWA, I'm not really sure that either of them are stable enough to be used on a working store. I'm really confused.

Has anyone successfully installed one of these contribs on a working MS2 store and if so, what kind of results are you getting?

I need some positive feed back, please. I'm seriously thinking that many of my lost sales are due to folks thinking that making a purchase = permission to be spammed.

Comments on these contribs, please?

Khim~

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

Khim,

I've tried installing BOTH of these contributions, but without success.

So, as a way around this, I eliminated the word "account" from our site completely and opted to use the more user-friendly word "profile".

A lot of people are turned-off by the whole "create account" idea, I think, and I've even posted a brief explanation about this ("create a profile") for customers in our "FAQ" page so that they may better understand the reasons for requesting "personal" information. I also tend to believe that the average "online shopper" is well aware that these kinds of details are necessary to begin with, but the explanation is there not only for them but for us.

Good luck with your decision. :)

I am running PWA 060.b on two sites. Works fine in general, however the link in the orderconfirmations/-updates is really misleading, as the customer cannot use it for anything. I'm not a programmer, but it would be nice to remove this link for orders generated without using a normal account.

Mogens