• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ePDQ module - how functional is it?

Mata

Hi,

I'm exploring using ePQD as a payment system for a shop. I've seen that there is a contribution by Si Cranmer that allows payment to be taken, but apparently it needs more work...

I'm approaching a programmer about trying to get this sorted, any further details of what the current limitations are would be appreciated. Unfortunately my programming skills are not in this area and so I don't know what actual effect the current limitations on the payment module would have.

The module can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,430

Cheers,

Mata

as far as we are aware - the contribution did work untl Barclays changed the method of processing payment, so its no longer usable in its current form, but not too far off completion. some people are working on it and we wait with bated breath as a few people would be forever in the debt of the programmer who came up with the latest version of the contribution to allow it to work.

I installed this module on my web site at www.1st4safety.com and also got an updated file from a member of this forum. It worked to the point of being able to send the payment to the ePDQ system, and allowing a customer to enter their credit card. But I am now paying a programmer to complete this module. It seems that there is a lot needing doing. For example, no address information gets passed to ePDQ. There are also several other parameters that can be passed to ePDQ such as displaying your own logo, background colour, TAX and shpping, payment type, credit cards to be accepted etc etc. A response script also needs to be written which does the job of processing a whole list of possible responses from ePDQ (things like card declined, not accepted, system down etc etc). The response script would then fulfil the order and tell OSC to update the customer etc. At the moment, with this module, if you process a card and it is declined, the customer still gets an email saying the order has been processed.

Barclays do have partners who will do the module for you, but I wont even begin to imagine how much this would cost. So I'm not even going there.

Darren.

P.S. I must learn CGI and more PHP. I'd do it myself ;)

• 3 weeks later...
any news on this payment gateway

The ePDQ module is finally completed. If you want it installed, you might want to try and contact member name macki. It wont be free though, it took a fair bit of work to complete as I wanted it as full proof as could reasonably be made.

Darren.

• 2 weeks later...

I've now got the epdq module working on the page, however I'm still having a couple of problems.

I can get the data transferred to the epdq page, and the epdq to return to my site.

However, if I try to use my return url as epdq_success.php, I get an error and the cart is not emptied.

If I use checkout_process.php, I get the sale completed, but no confirmation page.

If I use checkout_success.php, I get the confirmation page but the Items are still in the cart, and the sale isn't completed.

What am I doing wrong? The process works, but I can forsee problems with customers questioning whether a their sale is completed.

HELPP!!!

I too seem to be having the same problem.

I have epdq set up to accept payment, but every time the epdq interface returns to the site, it returns to the shopping cart page showing an error - the cart is not cleared and the order isn't added to the database.

I have tried using epdq_success.php, checkout_process.php and checkout_success.php.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or is there a problem with the passage of data to / from osc /epdq?

right, i have it half working, but I am getting a CPI error...

Error:

Not a valid allowed URL

Any ideas? I am using an allowed url of checkout_process.php

I really need this working and info appreciated

Archived