• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] CGDiscountSpecials

hozone

Hi all,

is there a way to define discounted categories? Instead of giving an overall discount?

Greetings, Michael

Not because it is difficult we don't dare to do it, but because we don't dare to do it, it is difficult. (Seneca)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

What do I do if I don't want a Resellerdiscount for Product Specials?

I mean the problem is:

I have a Product Special for my Customer Group Reseller who have 20% off.

for everyone else (default group) the Special is from 35,- to 30,-

so it's automatically for Reseller Group from 28,- to 24,-

even if I grant the discount only to my Reseller Group...

I don't want to grant Resellers the 20% discount for already discounted (e.g. Special-) Products.

Is there any way to stop that? :unsure:

I applied this contrib, it looks good so far, but I am having trouble with my admin.

How do you hard code the link in the customers.php under the boxes diectory? I can get my html output right since my catalog isnt in the root (what I am figuring)

Also, how do you turn off the "must be logged in to see prices) no offense but that is sending my custmoers for the door (backbutton) I have the big T one installed but dont see the option. I want this contrib pretty much transparent to regular customers.

Please help asap

Mike

I looked back a couple pages and found the answer to turning on the prices in the admin.

You know what would make this contrib awesome?? if during signup or in their account the customer could input there own group. Say if you sponsor an online forum like this one, all the members could automatically get a discount without you having to do anything.

An extra feild could be added to the sign up, and one to the account page....if they put in garbage they get no discount.. if they put in a group you already have they would get the discount.

I would paypal someone $50 for an addin to this contrib like that. Shouldnt be too hard!

yea, thats true. But you could only give that information to the customer if you wanted them to have it, like in my situation.

I could send out an email to all my customers that I am having a sale for 1 week and everything is 10% off.. just input this code - "WEserRTS" at signup or in there account page or something like that, I would make the group and apply a 10% discount to it.. down the road a week later I could delete that group.

In my business, the customers run in tight circles, they stick together via online forums and pass it along when they get good deals. I would like to automate it as much as possible.

If there is a contrib that could do this easier than yours can you point me that way? I already have this installed and it seems like one of the best I have seen so far.

Mind telling me how to code the link in admin/customers.php since my store is not in the root folder I get a parse error. Anyway to hard code the link to customers_groups.php?

How do you hard code the link in the customers.php under the boxes diectory? I can get my html output right since my catalog isnt in the root (what I am figuring)

help?

Hi - I'm asking again:

What do I do if I don't want a Resellerdiscount for Product Specials?

I mean the problem is:

I have a Product Special for my Customer Group Reseller who have 20% off.

for everyone else (default group) the Special is from 35,- to 30,-

so it's automatically for Reseller Group from 28,- to 24,-

even if I grant the discount only to my Reseller Group...

I don't want to grant Resellers the 20% discount for already discounted (e.g. Special-) Products.

Is there any way to stop that?

...e.g. I would like to have the group discounts on everything but not on the specials!

ideas? :blink:

The group discount mod works great, except I have a dilemma.

I wish to give a group...let's say members a discount. If I choose let's say 15%,

and the product cost up to $20, that's fine. But if a product cost about $100, 15% may be a little too much and cuts into profits. Even more so as the price rises.

If anyone has come up with, or can come up with a way to scale the discount

(I saw a contribution that does this, but it works for ALL customers, not just groups.)

For example, a group discount of 15% on all prices up to $25, 10% on all prices up to $50, 5% on all prices up to $100, etc.

Thanks

Hi All, i have detected one thing that may be corrected:

We have the following:

discount= 0%

product price = 100 $

attrib1 - option1 = -10 $

attrib1 - option2 = -100 $

attrib1 - option3 = +100 $

If i have a product attribute with price variation, happens the following thing:

discount =10 %

product price = 90 $ (before was 100$)

attrib1 - option1 = -9 $ (before was -10$)

attrib1 - option2 = -90 $ (before was -100$)

attrib1 - option3 = +90 $ (before was +100$)

If the product price variation is negative, the customer who is joining the discount in this case is being damaged.

Is there any way to exclude attrib price variation from CGDiscountSpecials?

Other solution is apply positive discount in negative attrrib price variation.

Any Ideas?

Hozone,

Just today I installed CG 1.4b fix. Wonderful add-on. I'm still fooling around with it. The Admin works perfectly as far as I could tell. But there are a couple minor issues:

1) Checkout_Confirmation.php page is not showing the subtotals, shipping, additional fees, and grand total.

2) Is there any quick code modifications that can be used to make the regular users see everything the normally would before adding this contribution? Perhaps a big IF...ELSE over all the mods *shrug*??? Maybe it would only have to be a special part. Sorry i'm totally new to this php and osc stuff this month.

3) Is there any way the code can be modified to be the "lesser of" group discount price or special price? Let's say an item is normally $100. Current special is $90. The wholesale group is 20% making the item $80. When the wholesale customer is logged in his price for that item on special is $90 not the $80 he should be getting. I guess I can put in a special on the wholesale group for $80 for that item, but it would be misleading since it will say "$80 crossed out with an $80 special figure written beside it".

If those minor issues could possibly be resolved, this contribution is DEFINATELY A KEEPER. Thanks again Hozone.

Sean

I ♥ PHP/MYSQL/CSS

Has anyone adapted this mod to allow the customer to assign themself a group? like during sign up so its more automated?

I have a ton of customers who already have a group of their own, (an online forum) I would like to be able to send a mass email, or private message them the club member discount "group name" like its a password..

When they sign up they put it in a field.. which gets put into the database for that customer.. if its right, they get says 10% or whatever the group is programmed for.. or if they get it wrong they dont get any discount.

The admin could also still apply a discount then.

<!--CGDiscountSpecials start-->
 <tr>
       <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CUSTOMERS_DISCOUNT; ?></td>
       <td class="main">
             <select name="customers_discount_sign">
                <option name="minus" value="-" <?php if (strstr($cInfo->customers_discount,"-")) echo "selected=\"selected\"" ?>>-</option>
                <option name="plus" value="+" <?php if (strstr($cInfo->customers_discount,"+")) echo "selected=\"selected\"" ?>>+</option>
             </select> <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('customers_discount', substr($cInfo->customers_discount,1,strlen($cInfo->customers_discount)), 'maxlength="9"'); ?> %
       </td>
    </tr>
 <tr>
      <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS_NAME; ?></td>
        <?php 
            $groups_query = tep_db_query("select customers_groups_id, customers_groups_name from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS ." order by customers_groups_name");
            while($groups = tep_db_fetch_array($groups_query)) {
               $groups_array[] = array('text' => $groups['customers_groups_name'],
                                       'id' => $groups['customers_groups_id']);
            }
        ?>
       <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('customers_groups_id', $groups_array, $customers['customers_groups_id']); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <!--CGDiscountSpecials end-->

This is the code from customers.php, is there any way to instead of pulling an array and making a drop down menu to make it just a field that you can input a group name?? Then I could put it in create_account.php where the "options > newsletter" field is. I wish I knew how to get this done, I could use this yesterday!

Great Contribution....just installed CD Discounts V1.4b, however I think I may have done something wrong as the specials page requires the user to log on for prices and also some products have prices and some require users to log on?

It would be appreciated if anyone could tell me how to fix the problem or tell me where I have gone wrong.

I am a newbie to oscommerce, php and mysql but I am learning fast.

Thankyou in advance

Regards

Trap

Sorry

Just noticed also new products also requires user to log in.

I have set the prices to show for guest in admin but to no avail.

Appreciate any assistance in this and the above matter

Regards

Trap

Are you guys able to have it show the totals on the "Checkout_confirmation" screen?

Mine is showing the itemized product prices (working correctly for both normal zero discount customers and discounted), but isn't showing the shipping, tax and grand totals.

Yeah has anyone been able to code it so it acts like normal when you have "Show For Guests" on?

I ♥ PHP/MYSQL/CSS

I am new to MySql and I can not figure out where to run this portion of the install

Installation

------------

1) run the .sql file in the folder "Sql" of this file to apply SQL changes to your database.

Where do I put this file to alter my database? Thank y ou for any help I ahev been at it for hours to no avail I keep getting this error

Groups

1146 - Table 'scrapcents_db.customers_groups' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from customers_groups g

[TEP STOP]

Edited by MzBeanz