• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] GroupDiscount

hozone

Man this is exactly what I have been looking for 4 months and months.. thank you soo much..

I am having a bit of dificulty here, really could use some help..

I did have seperate price per customer installed but think i cleaned it out as best as I could without losing every other mod with a fresh install..

So now I have the group_discounts working all except my product_info page. When logged in with a group I get a price of $0.00 and I can not add this item to my cart.

soooo I took my origninal moded product_info page back (without the group_discounts) and then I could see only the original price and add it to my cart and then the discount was applied in my cart and shoppingbag info box.

Does anyone have a product_info.php with this working on it so I could see where i am going wrong in the setup or does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Mikey

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, nevermnd the post above, I fixed most of it it seemed I had the two contributions mixed up using old and new. :blink:

What I am stuck on now is that the items on special are being shown to WholeSale1 with the discount price that was given in discount_groups PLUS the % discount given to deafault customers.

So that an item with a 25% discount to customers done on the specials page is recieveing 25% disount first and then adding the wholesale discount to the allready disounted price.

Any ideas? I really am above my head in this one but the contribution is so exactly what I need..

Thanks again..

Mikey

haven't really know what does you mean. maybe you should look at this contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=66665

so you can have this prices policies:

product price = customer special price OR customer group special price OR special price OR base price + customer discount + customer's group discount

osCommerce Italia support: http://www.oscommerceitalia.com

I must have missed something somewhere because i cant get price policies to match

For example suppose that a special price "X" is inserted for the product "PRODUCT" only for the customers "PINCO", bind to group "GROUP", and also a special price "Y" is insert for the product "PRODUCT" only for the group "GROUP". Price for customers "PINCO" of the product "PRODUCT" will be "X", not "Y"!.

I will try on a fresh install and see what i am missing.. this really is a good contrib, i like it alot.. just maybe i am confused by some of it.. :blink:

Hi,

I?m pretty new to osc - switching from another system.

Your contrib seems to be pretty cool :-) cause that?s one of the reasons to switch.

Have an idea for an additional feature (caus I used s.th. like this before... ;-) - ok and I?m not familiar with osc dev yet B) ...

My shop has standard pricing for guests that are not logged in. If they register, they should be added to the "New Customers Group" AUTOMATICALLY.

So they can get a group discount without interaction of the admin.

The reason is to enforce visitors to register for the shop & to get in contact.

Would be nice to see this in GroupDiscount.

URCool :-)

michimaus,

Thats easy to implement. Search for more on this contribution, there is a section that allows your guest to view regular pricing. Change this and then change the default discount rate to what your new customers would get. I will try to find the section mentioned and include it in my next reply!

Jason W.

Owner

ComputerBeginnings.com

michimaus,

hozone had this to say early on in this topic. It will allow your guests to see pricing for products

use this function in includes/classes/currencies.php

//CGDiscountSpecials start
  function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
    global $customer_id;
       $query = tep_db_query("select g.customers_groups_discount from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS . " g inner join  " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS  . " c on g.customers_groups_id = c.customers_groups_id and c.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
       $query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query);
       $customers_groups_discount = $query_result['customers_groups_discount'];
       $query = tep_db_query("select customers_discount from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id =  '" . $customer_id . "'");
       $query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query);
       $customer_discount = $query_result['customers_discount'];
       $customer_discount = $customer_discount + $customers_groups_discount;
    if ($customer_discount >= 0) {
    $products_price = $products_price + $products_price * abs($customer_discount) / 100;
    } else {
    $products_price = $products_price - $products_price * abs($customer_discount) / 100;
    }
    return $this->format(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);
  }

function display_price_nodiscount($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
    global $customer_id;
        return $this->format(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);
  }
  //CGDiscountSpecials end  

Juanstg,

thx for reply. Hmmmmm. But what I want to do is to put Users into a special Group

on registration.

But you get me to an idea :rolleyes:

Should not be so difficult to use similar code the admin uses to add users to groups...

Should be able to figure out :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have tried to install this mod and got a problem .. when I set a 20% discount this is what happens.

Item selling normal price: $50

After 20% discount - $40.00

However, in the TOTAL it states $32 (which seems like it too another 20% off the $40.

In the SUB TOTAL however, it states the correct $40.00

Help please anyone

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1673

Hi

I have tried to install this mod and got a problem .. when I set a 20% discount this is what happens.

Item selling normal price: $50

After 20% discount - $40.00

However, in the TOTAL it states $32 (which seems like it too another 20% off the $40.

In the SUB TOTAL however, it states the correct $40.00

Help please anyone

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1673

i don't have this problem with verision 1.2

don't know why you have this.

furthermore i need someone to test veriosn 1.3 of CGDiscountSpecials, if you want to became a tester, please contact me.

osCommerce Italia support: http://www.oscommerceitalia.com

Thanks, just wondering.. :) Now i have an ongoing problem that i have tried to get help on but just couldnt.

I have read the price policies for the contribution and it just doesnt seem to be working for me..

here is my example.

Regular Customer: no group attached.

item 1 regular price $24.99 and now on Special for $22.99

Discount Group Member now logged in and shopping for exact same item with 25% group discount rate set in customers_groups.php

He will see Regular Price: $18.74 and now on Special for $17.24 and adds it to the cart and then the price changes to $22.99 (the regular member sale price).

What i expected to happen was for the logged in memeber to see the price only as 25% off the normal price.

How can i get this discount group member to not see the specials and get the item for 25% off the original price? It is working perfect for all other items, just the specials are screwing me up..

Any suggesttions?

you are right.

you found a bug.

i will fix it in the next days.

if you are interested in a contribution like this look here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66665&st=0

(this is more debugged)

Is this not the same contribution?

I think i have been confusing these two threads and contributions all along.

• 1 month later...

im new so i have no clue how to do this can some one help me

how can i install the sql

this it what it sayes in the readme file "run the .sql file in the folder "Sql" of this file to apply SQL changes to your database." but i dont know how to do this this is the last thing i have to get this mod installed

thanks in advance

tim

nevermind the post above with just some looking around i found it by the way i love this mod it is the last thing i needed to add to my store i want to say thank you hozone and everyone that made this so easy to install even a nubie of only 1 week could do it you

YOU GUYS ROCK :D

Hello i have a small problem i cant seem to hammer out when i hit the update button to add a person to the group i get this error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/timdawn/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php:210) in /home/timdawn/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

can some one help me out

Tim