• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

T-shirt sizes?

Jeremy

Has anyone done a set up where you only add one new product but you can enter a specific quanity for each type of the product? For example...I am selling shirts; I need to enter the specific quanity I have for each size, so when someone goes to order a small...and I have none left, they will see the item is out of stock when they go to check out. I know I could make each size a different product...but that was make my product listing look way too unprofessional. Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution? Is there a contribution already made that does this and is compatible with the latest release?

That does not work for me....

Look at this:

09/06/2003 - QTPRO 2.1 update for MS2 Author: freezehell

This update allows qtpro to work with MS2 but attributes are not filtered for stock availability in product info page.

I also does nothing that I am looking for, I see that the first contribution submitted sounds like it is indeed what I want...but it's doesn't work with the current version, the other files are out of date as well and don't match up.

surely SOMEONE has to have a solution. Using osCommerce for clothing sales has to be pretty common, there has to be a good way to maintain the quanity of each specific make and model of a product.

I'm almost finished setting up a football shirts site - I have exactly the same problem. In fact my immediate problem is being able to manage the product/size variation - almost 1000 (I'm trying to get attributes on the products page but like you have found the contribution is out of date for the current version). My idea was just to remove the size when it goes out of stock, then add it back in later. Your idea is much better - hope there is a solution

Rob

• 6 months later...

I had the same issue with colors until I installed Master Products. Basically it assigns colors, sizes, etc. as slave products which appear under a master product. This allows them to function as real products with regards to quantity and purchasing. You can see an example on my webpage. The slave products are the colors in the quantity box. The master product is the item itself.

Master Products

I'd rather be flying!