• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[NEW SITE] store.arelyart.com

Aalst

This is a new site that is just been polished off. It is a scrapbooking and craft store. I always enjoy positive and negitive feedback, it is all helpful.

OSC Store:

http://store.arelyart.com

The main site is run by another product, only the store.arelyart.com or www.arelyart.com/store links are within the OSC product. :) I have however, intergrated the Look and Feel of the two products to make it feel like you are on the same website when you go between products.

Thanks...

-Aalst

Very standard OSC layout, and nice to see you kept the "Powered by oscommerce" to reflect that.

IN all honestly I think the osc layout really works and if you are not good with designing sites you are probably best to leave it quite standard. I mean why reinvent the wheel?

Nice one dude, good luck.

Dan

I like your custom buttons and the overall color scheme. Get rid of the animated gifs and start customizing!

Get rid of as many info boxes as possible.

Do your customers care when the item was added to the database?

Do people really search by manufacturer? I didn't recognize any of them.

Double check spelling of product names! One typo makes the whole site look less professional.

Dump the paypal ad. It detracts from the focus of your site.

There are still a number of stock osc images that don't fit well with your overall look.

I clicked on login and got an error as soon as I viewed the page (ie.. before I tried to login)

hth

I don't think you should remove the manufacturers box - it may mean nothing to Mike, but people who are interested in scrapbooking etc. will recognise at least two of the manufacturers listed, and it is something that people like to group by - "Hey, Mary Engelbreit, I love that stuff, let's see which those products we can buy here ..."

I would change the structure of manufacturers to match categories. It looks odd to have a list of links for categories, but a list box for manufacturers.

I would put the What's New and Specials infoboxes together, they seem to logically go together.

Add a "Add to Cart" button to the product listing. With this kind of product, people often know that they want something specific without drilling down to the product detail.

Just my 2 cents worth (and 2 South African cents is worth very little I promise :-))

Ditto with Julia...

Ditto on removing paypal link. Too ebayish. Same goes for Kaching logo. That actually looks like some free hosting banner rotation???

Ditto on keeping osc look

DITTO on removing animated gifs.

I got the (info)error as well, but I don't think it is a problem.

Header logo links back to: http://www.arelyart.com/site/ which uses a different standard footer text. Powered by Mabo-something-or-other.

Nice site. Simple and easy to click around.

Phil

Archived