• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] UltraPics v1.0 - Addition Image Pac

UltraPics v1.0 - Addition Image Pack! MS2

=========================================

This is the complete image solution for everyone using osCommerce MS2.

Get it HERE: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1642

This allows adding of 8 more images to your Admin and Catalog,

basically a combination of SM,MED,LARGE+ and MoPICs+ with Lots of Nice Enhancements!

like,

* Add & Remove Additional Images via Admin Easy!

* (To POPUP! or NOT TO POPUP!) Have Pop up Windows or NOT!

* Image Preview when editing Products.

* Addition Images On and Off options in admin.

* Resize Option for specific images settings.

* Delete images permantly of server if not longer used. (Delete Disabled if more then 1 product Links to Image.)

* Nice clean look, tidy code.

* 3 Screen Shots Included in ZIP file. (See for your-self before installing!)

This package has been assembled on a New MS2 osCommerce Store (Nice Copy Paste Soloution for Lazy PPL with MS2).

I dont have the time or patients to write up a step-by-step guide atm ( perhaps later ).

Easiest way to install is basically -

========================================

MAKE A BACK OF THESE FILES:

admin/categories.php

admin/includes/languages/(Your-Language)/categories.php

catalog/product_info.php

catalog/popup_image.php

Copy the one's from the contribution overthem,

add the new file/s

catalog/includes/modules/additional_images.php

run the SQL script into your database with PHPMyAdmin or other DB Manager...

Thats it!................................................................

If you have already modified some othe above pages I sugest you

use code compare software to cut snippets, I have marked all my work with:

BOF MaxiDVD: and EOF MaxiDVD:

Back up your admin/categories.php file first!!

MaxiDVD :~)

Edited by MaxiDVD

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good contributions needs no questions :)

I can't say the contributions works perfectly since I only used some of your code for my admin part of OSCommerce.

The pieces I used are the thumbnail view and the option to delete the images from the server.

I use a GDLib conversion on my images, together with the pieces of your code, it's now perfect.

Thanks!

TaFfin

SIGnificant.....right?

Hey there!

Great work! It is too good to be true! :-)

I have just a single problem... I did not find the way to control the Large Image pop-up... I have just the medium one showing and it is not clickable...

Where do I control that?

Thanx in advnace!

:P

ok after installing this, if i have product attributes, then the right column gets shoved under the left column, wat did i do wrong?? has anyone else had this problem?

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

ok after installing this, if i have product attributes, then the right column gets shoved under the left column, wat did i do wrong?? has anyone else had this problem?

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

I also have this problem, any ideas of where to fix?

when viewing one of the products at the product info page, it only displays the "medium picture" image and not the other pictures (product image + large image, or the make larger image), how can i fix this?

also in the category view it just shows the product image picture (i dont mind at all) but is that how it is suppose to be?

Hi All,

Sorry for no reply I have been away for 4 days, helping with a musical concert in wollongong, I will have a look at the product attributes section, As I dont use product attributes I never tested that side of the contribution but will follow this up asap.. I will document how to display specific images on a per product basis too..

I just need to catch up on some website sales first..

Cheers MaxiDVD ;)

hmm, wat could that be ?

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/www/htdocs/pc-4-you.de/b2b-loaded-by-ice/images/product_details_popups.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/www/htdocs/pc/b2/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 94

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/home/www/htdocs/pc-4-you.de/tmp/phpHqdSb3' to '/home/www/htdocs/pc-4-you.de/b2b-loaded-by-ice/images/product_details_popups.jpg' in /home/www/htdocs/pc/b2/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 94

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/www/htdocs/pc-4-you.de/b2b-loaded-by-ice/images/product_details_no_popup.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/www/htdocs/pc/b2/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 94

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/home/www/htdocs/pc-4-you.de/tmp/phpUW3Obm' to '/home/www/htdocs/pc-4-you.de/b2b-loaded-by-ice/images/product_details_no_popup.jpg' in /home/www/htdocs/pc/b2/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 94

i have also included the code from line 94 to 95

if (move_uploaded_file($this->file['tmp_name'], $this->destination . $this->filename)) {
       chmod($this->destination . $this->filename, $this->permissions);

Regards John

Sorry I mean when add a product then click "preview", the empty image icon shows. If it's inserted, then the mess doesn't show when edit.

PS, another problem, it seems the WYSIWYG HTMLArea editor is disabled if use the admin/categories.php file included in the zip file. The instructions to add HTMLArea to categories.php are based on standard MS2, so MaxiDVD would you post an update to include both WYSIWYG editor and UltraPics? Since both of the 2 contibs are your product, and both of them are very helpful.

Edited by yaleyu

I get this error.

It's a clean install of MS2

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: upload in /opt/usr/nodomain/HTML/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 512

Pls help

:huh:

Hi..

I have just tried to install (clean) the ultrapics 1.0 Updated version and get this error.

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /home/shopv/public_html/store/admin/categories.php on line 1565

In the admin..

I took a look at the line, but looks ok to me..

I appreciate your time..

Thanks

Josh

Sorry I mean when add a product then click "preview", the empty image icon shows. If it's inserted, then the mess doesn't show when edit.

PS, another problem, it seems the WYSIWYG HTMLArea editor is disabled if use the admin/categories.php file included in the zip file. The instructions to add HTMLArea to categories.php are based on standard MS2, so MaxiDVD would you post an update to include both WYSIWYG editor and UltraPics? Since both of the 2 contibs are your product, and both of them are very helpful.

Yeah,

I think these both are essential, it would be the best if someone (Lee?) would make them in one package for MS2

Thank you very much Lee!!!

MaxDVD:

I love this contribution -- thanks so much for integrating so many different but valuable image functionality.

One question: does this make use of the GD Library to resize the images? Here's my concern: I use three sizes of the same image on my site (thumb, product page, and popup). I want to keep my pages loading quickly, so in the past I had to create three images: image-thumb.jpg, image-main.jpg, and image-large.jpg. This would ensure that the smallest amount of bits were travelling down the pipe, so to speak.

I've wanted to move to a system where the images resize on the server, as I've read that then I could only upload the image-large.jpg and have it resize without speed consequences for the customer on the server. Without knowing a lot of coding, am I correct in this assumption? (I'm an English major . . . a poet . . . not a lot of coding background).

Your contribution allows me to upload one large image as both the thumb and main image. I've looked at your code, but can't really tell if you are making use of the GD library to resize my images on the front end, like I suppose contributions like Image Resample do.

This is kind of a rambling concern, but am I sufficiently optimized using your contribution, or should I try to combine it with one of those GD Library resizing contributions? If so, which one?

Thanks for any advice and thanks again for the work.

Finch

Finch

Hi,

first thanks for the 'nearly' perfect contibution! It works fine...

But i have a little problem...

This is the situation:

I have just about 800 products in my webshop. In my database (exported with EASYPOPULATE) i can only specify ONE picture path...

Is it possible to specify the path for all three / eight product-pictures in the exported list of EP?

Has anybody written a code for that?

Thanks for helping me,

Greetings from Austria,

Stefan

--------------------------------

My shop

Edited by demo88

OK.. I have fixed the issues as mentioned above and added the xtras.

=====================================================28/NOV/2003

Changes:

THIS UPDATE IS SUITED ONLY FOR PEOPLE

WHO HAVE INSTALLED THE MAXIDVD WYSIWYG EDITOR CONTRIBUTION!!

Yale Yu

I have one problem, if I only use small and large image, don't use extra images, in catalog,

everything shows as it should be, but in admin, lots of empty image icons shown, makes the page difficult to read.

MaxiDVD [Fixed]

Switch extra images on/off (admin)

Privewed products will only show IMAGES if they exist!! (no more empty icons)

Yale Yu

another problem, it seems the WYSIWYG HTMLArea editor is disabled if use the admin/categories.php

file included in the zip file.

MaxiDVD [Fixed]

Made the alterations needed for this to function with HTML Editor

Made the alterations needed for this to function with PHP/WYSIWYG Image Browser.

Add New Admin command

under Configuration -> HTML WYSIWYG Editor for controlling PHP IMAGE UPLOADED.. (neat!)

Add New Admin command [sql] under Configuration -> IMAGES for Enable/Disable of extra image fields .. (neat!)

Nick Spirov

I think these both are essential (ULTRA PICS & WYSIWYG EDITOR), it would be the best if someone (Lee?) would make them in one package for MS2

MaxiDVD: [TO DO!]

=====================================================

Get it HERE: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1642

Cheers MaxiDVD..