• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] UltraPics v1.0 - Addition Image Pac

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured it out. Do not listen to the STS install instructions. Only thing that needs to be added to your STS template file is the call for lightbox.css, other .js files are called with <header include>

What STS install instructions are you referring to? Were you having problems with the lightbox contribution or with the STS contribution?

The STS tag that pulls in the stock osC JavaScript is as follows:

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

No one has a clue how to change the upload feature?

Hi Deb, I have the same issue with the standard install - did you find a fix yet? This might be a "feature" that works fine if you have the luxury of a local development machine - but for those of us who have to work online with a test server it can be really annoying!!

Please let us know if you solved it (or anyone else, maybe????????????)

Thanks

Ged

• 2 weeks later...
Figured it out. Do not listen to the STS install instructions. Only thing that needs to be added to your STS template file is the call for lightbox.css, other .js files are called with <header include>

You're the man. Was worried the whole contrib as a wash and i was even tinkering with reinstalling a fresh copy with it already added to the directory. thanks a bunch!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks for a great contribution and it all works fine. I was wondering if anyone has come across a fix for the admin side, so when not uploading all eight images that it does not show broken image links? I have searched on this forum and may have missed the post.

Thanks for the help,

JR

I looked into the old files of this contribution and did the following:

Find

<td class="main">
             <?php if (ULTIMATE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES == 'enable') { ?><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_lrg_name, TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE . ' ' . $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="right" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?><?php } ?>
             <?php if (ULTIMATE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES == 'enable') { ?><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_med_name, TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE . ' ' . $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="right" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?><?php } ?>
             <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_name, TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE . ' ' . $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="right" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?>
             <?php echo $pInfo->products_description . '<br><br><center>'; ?>
             <?php if (ULTIMATE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES == 'enable') { ?>
             <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_1_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?>
             <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_2_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?>
             <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_3_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>'; ?>
             <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_4_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?>
             <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_5_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?>
             <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_6_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>'; ?>
             <?php } ?>

and replace it with

<td class="main">
             <?php if (ULTIMATE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES == 'enable') { ?><?php if ($products_image_lrg_name) { ?><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_lrg_name, TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE . ' ' . $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="right" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?><?php } }?>
             <?php if (ULTIMATE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES == 'enable') { ?><?php if ($products_image_lrg_name) { ?><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_med_name, TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE . ' ' . $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="right" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?><?php }} ?>
             <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_name, TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE . ' ' . $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="right" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?>
             <?php echo $pInfo->products_description . '<br><br><center>'; ?>
             <?php if (ULTIMATE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES == 'enable') { ?>
<?php if ($products_image_sm_1_name) { ?><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_1_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); } ; ?>
<?php if ($products_image_sm_2_name) { ?><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_2_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); } ; ?>
<?php if ($products_image_sm_3_name) { ?><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_3_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>'; }; ?>
<?php if ($products_image_sm_4_name) { ?><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_4_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); }; ?>
<?php if ($products_image_sm_5_name) { ?><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_5_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"'); }; ?>
<?php if ($products_image_sm_6_name) { ?><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_sm_6_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="center" hspace="5" vspace="5"'). '<br>'; }; ?>
             <?php } ?>

For me this worked

Hello Everyone,

I have installed this great feature, but I have some problems. Does someone has a tip?

1) When the lightbox pops up, the bottom part (where "close" is written) does fit in the rest of the box, because it is smaller.

This happen only when I use IE. With Firefox it´s work fine.

2) When I add additional pictures they appear below the product description and not in the lightbox

3) At the botton of the lightbox nothing written appears. I was expecting something like "Image 1 of 2" and other captions

Thanks in advance

I installed Ultra Pics 2.07.01 on a shop with STS. I at first had the lightbox.css and script files called in my template - I have since changed it to just the lightbox.css (according to info found here). But I still have this issue. When I click to enlarge an image, it puts the larger image way down at the bottom of the page. You have to scroll quite a ways down past the footer of the page to find the larger image.

Where do I find the option to simply turn pop-up windows back on for the images? Or how do I get the enlarged image to show up above the footer - without having tons of blank space on the page? This problem is happening in both IE and FF. Everything else appears to be working properly - it's just the enlarging that is causing problems.

TIA :blush:

PS: if you want to see the error in action - visit irontonforge dot com /TestSite/

I only have a second image on one product: so after TestSite/ would be: product_info.php?cPath=2_23&products_id=43

but it doesn't really matter as the main image has the same enlargement problem.

~Tracy

I installed Ultra Pics 2.07.01 on a shop with STS. I at first had the lightbox.css and script files called in my template - I have since changed it to just the lightbox.css (according to info found here). But I still have this issue. When I click to enlarge an image, it puts the larger image way down at the bottom of the page. You have to scroll quite a ways down past the footer of the page to find the larger image.

Where do I find the option to simply turn pop-up windows back on for the images? Or how do I get the enlarged image to show up above the footer - without having tons of blank space on the page? This problem is happening in both IE and FF. Everything else appears to be working properly - it's just the enlarging that is causing problems.

TIA :blush:

PS: if you want to see the error in action - visit irontonforge dot com /TestSite/

I only have a second image on one product: so after TestSite/ would be: product_info.php?cPath=2_23&products_id=43

but it doesn't really matter as the main image has the same enlargement problem.

Tracy,

I just installed UltraPics (standalone) and then added Lightbox and STS for a client and everything worked without an issue. I'll send you a PM.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks Bill,

Turned out to be one of those "DUH!" moments in the end. :blush: I forgot to change the STS settings for the default template from sts_default to index.php.html - LOL

Now it works Great!! :rolleyes:

Tracy,

I just installed UltraPics (standalone) and then added Lightbox and STS for a client and everything worked without an issue. I'll send you a PM.

~Tracy

Hi everyone.

I installed the contribution with no problems and it is truly a great add-on but i do have a question... how do remove the lightbox? my client feels that because of the nature of the lightbox, people will be clicking out of the site, and not the little X Close button in the bottom. Since it happened to him, he is adament that everyone will have the same problem and doesn't care how good the lightbox effect looks.

SO. i need a quick and painless way to turn the lightbox effect off.

Thanks!

Hi,

I only wish to have 2 pics per product - 1 side and 1 front View.

I have: 1 sm (Small Pic) & 1XL pic for the side view - both are exactly the same file. Since the pics are dynamically re-sized... How do I upload only the sm pic and make utra pics think that I've uploaded the XL pic too?

Do I have to alter the SQL so that the file link for the sm pic is also placed into the database for the xl pic.

I also wish to do the same for the front view - except, in that case, I currently have to upload the same file 3 times.

PS. I don't 'know' that the same pic is actually uploaded 3 times (over-writing the prev upload) but it still means that I have to point the 'Upload' button to the same pics 5 times instead of 2.

Any assistance deeply appreciated.

==================

PS. Thank you for a fine Contribution.

I am having trouble deciding what version to download. I tried the 10 Mar 2004 and the 6 nov 2008 versions and got script errors when I tried to run the SQL script. I did make backups and was able to back myself out. I have an antique business and I really could use the extra pictures. If I get this done - I need to install the TinyMCE WYSISWYG HTML editor. I can do this - just confused on the version to use.

Best regards

Dave

I am having trouble deciding what version to download. I tried the 10 Mar 2004 and the 6 nov 2008 versions and got script errors when I tried to run the SQL script. I did make backups and was able to back myself out. I have an antique business and I really could use the extra pictures. If I get this done - I need to install the TinyMCE WYSISWYG HTML editor. I can do this - just confused on the version to use.

Best regards

Dave

I have gotten the 2.08 version to load but do not have a edit_product screen allowing entry of additioal images - just the original entry screen. I have not loaded a STS or Lightbox module. The application thries to load the additional images so that is working. This is challenging but this is going to turn out to be a missing file, wrong version, a operator error or a required application not loading. Fortuanately I can go back and reload for scratch. HOw do I get a product_edit screen to come up like in the screen shot? The good thing on troubleshooting this is I am learning much about the oSCommerce product - so this is not a waste of time. edit_product.jpg is what I need.

Best Regards

Dave

After removig the three iterations of enable extra images from the configuration file and only leaving one version that matched the last loaded version 2.08. It works. The three upload attemps (operator mistakes each time) cause problems and I had to get those loads out. This is just what I needed.

Best regards

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

Great contrib. Dont know if it is me messing upp but when loading images (only tried one image so far no additional).

I load

a small image

a medium image

a large image

3ximages.png

I ad the product and in preview it all looks fine.

But on front end the POPUP image is not used by Lightbox and small image is used in product_info.php

no_large.png

Is this the way it is supposed to work or have I messed up?

I would like Pop image in lightbox and Bigger Image: on product info

I have STS installed if that might mess things upp?

Regards H Granlund

Thank you for this. I too experienced this problem. I am glad I found your post.

Sorted my problem!

If anyone want to show large image in lightbox and medium in product_info.php

It is straight forward just look at the code in product_info.php and call the right images :)

That should teach me to look harder before asking.

Regards Granlund

PS. Do not listen to the STS install instructions. THANKS!!!

Edited by granlund

• 3 weeks later...
After removig the three iterations of enable extra images from the configuration file and only leaving one version that matched the last loaded version 2.08. It works. The three upload attemps (operator mistakes each time) cause problems and I had to get those loads out. This is just what I needed.

Best regards

Dave

Can you tell me more about this? I have the same issue...Lightbox works great, but I have the original admin area, no areas for additional pics.

Hey All,

I installed Ultimate pics 2.08...but after the install the catalog and categories section in the admin area shows blank!!

I replaced the admin/categories.php with the original file and luckily it was working again...but without any functionality of UltraPics 2.08...of course.

With a "checking-differences-in-code" piece of software I was able to go trough the file step by step and I changed the original file step by step with the code available in the Ultrapics 2.08 file.

With every change I made I checked if my catalog and categories section in the admin area still worked...

I figured out that it goes wrong around line 964 in admin/categories.php

As soon as I change the original file with this code it goes wrong...:

<?php if (ULTIMATE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES == 'enable') {
           $image_med_count_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_image='" . $pInfo->products_image_lrg . "' or products_image_med='" . $pInfo->products_image_lrg . "' or products_image_lrg='" . $pInfo->products_image_lrg . "'");
           $image_med_count = tep_db_fetch_array($image_med_count_query);
?>

I haven't seen any strange behaviour in the database or something...so I really don't know what causes the blank screen...

As I'm not really a die-hard coder, I can't see what's wrong with the code...but somehow this code stops my catalog/categories section in the admin area from working!

If there is someone who can help me with this...I would really appreciate that!

Thnx!

• 2 weeks later...

1. Have you installed the Database SQL file?

ULTIMATE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES may not be defined.

I originally developed this contribution a few years ago now for osCommerce MS2 and osCommerce has come along way since then and its now upto v2.2 RC 2a I dont really have the time to go over the new store's coding format, I believe the contrib is being maintained by other contributors now - it may be worth contacting them for support and see if anything has changed.

Lee