• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Attribute Manager v4b with sort?

Bryan

I have installed the New Attribute Manager v4b contribution fine but the only thing it lacks is a sorting ability for the attributes. Is there a similar contribution that allows this or has anyone added this functionality to this contribution?

What I am tring to accomplish is to have the attributes sorted for sizes like this:

S

M

L

XL

XXL

Red M

Red L

Red XL

Blue M

Blue L

Blue XL

etc., etc.

Right now they are simply listed in the order the attribute is added and I cannot predict the future:) Any contribution work well with this?

I've searched the contributions list to no avail and the lack of response here tells me we are both out of luck:) I'd think this would be doable as there was a contribution some time ago by Linda I believe that did this but might be outdated now.

I have installed the New Attribute Manager v4b contribution fine but the only thing it lacks is a sorting ability for the attributes. Is there a similar contribution that allows this or has anyone added this functionality to this contribution?

their is a way to do it but it escapes me right now... within the SQL statement to show attributes, you can its set ot 'order by name' it needs changed to order by id, and it will sort them in the order they are entered

i found it

In /catalog/product_info.php find this query:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_options_values_name");

play with the last open order by (change it to id to list in order its entered) or any other one to order it to get it to work

Does this work with 2.2 MS2? I am having the hardest time to find an attribute handling system that works with MS2.

I've got New Attribute Manager v4b working on 2.2 MS2, and I've got the 'Option Type Feature 1.6' installed.

Looking for a way to sort the Attributes, and the items in the attributes (ie in the drop down select lists) now... Finding this a bit difficult though....

for a way to sort the Attributes, and the items in the attributes (ie in the drop down select lists) now... Finding this a bit difficult though....

By default OSC sorts the attributes by Title, I've forced the order by numbering my titles eg in the Product Options, I've set the Option Name to be:

1. The First Option

2. The Second Option

3. The Third Option

It will do for the time being, but still looking for a way to sort the items in the attribute. I've only got a small number of products, I guess larger shops won't find this usefull!

Edited by ahearn

I have the Attribute Manager 4b installed and is working just fine. I want to know if anyone can reccomend an attribute copier that would work along with this mod? I would like to copy from one product to another the attributes as I have a lot of items with all the same chioces, but there are a ton of them. :-(

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

Howdy,

I was still looking for an attribute copier that would work with this mod. Or can anyone give me an idea of what I might do to this one to allow for the copying of attributes from one product to another.

HELP!!!

Thanks,

Kevin

• 6 months later...