• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate 2.62-MS2, not SO easy

aerialis

Hi all,

I've just downloaded and installed the Easy Populate 2.62-MS2 and I'm doing some testing. Downloading works fine, but I have trouble populating. I've made a small text file with a handful of products, but when I try to populate this file, I get the following error message_

Filename: importtest.txt

Warning: file(/...../mydomain.no/catalog/catalog/temp/importtest.txt) [function.file]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /...../mydomain.no/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 743

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /...../mydomain.no/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 748

I'm kind of new to php so I'm afraid I must be led by the hand on this ;)

Anyone?

I thin I can help you with this one buddy because I had the same problem yesterday.

Fris of all find out if your store installed in the catalog directory. Then open easypopulate.php

Where it says

$tempdir = "catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "catalog/temp/";

change to

$tempdir = "temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

and where it says

$froogle_product_info_path http://my.domain.com/catalog/product_info.php

change to http://www.putyourdomainhere.com/catalog/product_info.php

and fix $froogle_image_path

fix that oo.

After that you should be stuck just like me.

How do you make categories?

I made all my categories and sub-categories before I run the import, so the cats didn't have to be created during the upload/insert procedure.

Before I ran the upload/insert, I entered a few products 'manually' and then I downloaded a complete tab-delimited .txt file. I opened that file in excel and added a bunch of new products, saved it, uploaded it and inserted the records into the database.

On the first attempt I had mixed up a couple of fields in the text file, but after having corrected them, the upload/insert went fine.

One problem remains though. No date was entered entered into the DB, but I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with my date format. Should be fixable. :)

If you like, I can mail you a copy of my text file.