• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

DHTML, Good or Bad?

Just seeking opinions from a consumer point of view aswell as a designers.

What do you think of DHTML menus for categories? Does it make a site look unprofessional?

Just wondering because I am considering doing DHTML since I have alot of sub-categories in certain areas and it makes it difficult to get to them otherwise.

Let me know your opinions!

Dave

Have DHTML menus on mine and I think it came out fairly well. From the users that have been out on my site, haven't had a complaint yet. Still have some tweaks to do. Our site will eventually have lot's of categories and it was what we thought the best thing to do.

www.starwarscans.com

sparks

Your menu does fit nicely with your site. Have you tried Simple Template System yet? I'm not sure if I can use DHTML with that contrib or not.

-Dave

Edited by lessliquidation

Im using STS and so far i have been unable to get coolmenu witch is a dhtml menu to work with it but as far as the original question i think if the menu is done write it looks much more pro then just using the standard OSC look

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

While this post is old, I have a question. In looking at the dhtml menu code, I see how the php links have been done. My question is how did you get the code for each page? Is there some way to generate the code, or does it all have to be captured manually? Manually looks like it would be a ton of work.]

thanks