• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My UPS info in tracking.php is updated.

All the paths are correct.

All files are in place.

There are no errors.

It should work, but it doesn't. Just getting blank pop-up. However the tracking.php is working in the catalog. The pop-up trackers in the account history and admin are where I get the blank...

Someone, please help. :(

YAY!

I figured it out.. Now that I think about it... it is kinda dumb.

The pop-up tracker was not recieving input back to display because the Search Engine-Safe URL was ON!! I am no expert at all but I think the tracking link outputs the ../../.. format, so the script was not understood.

Is there anyway to change this, so that we can have the search-engine-safe url ON and be able to use pop-up track??

Is there anyway to change this, so that we can have the search-engine-safe url ON and be able to use pop-up track??

The search engine safe url problem was discussed long ago and I posted a work-around (see page 10 of this thread). I haven't updated the contribution to officially work with SEF because according to the core osC developers the search engine friendly functionality is still in a "use at your own risk" state...let me know if the solution on page 10 works for you...

Edited by heliosquare

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

Download the contribution here:

UPS Tracking

You know, Steve.. When I changed to what you have sugested, the pop-up in accnt hist. displayed SSL Log In page of my site... So so strange...

The admin pop-up was still blank.

I'm just going to change it back and turn the SEF off.. Will it make a huge difference with the search result?? Would you know?

Anyway, thanks for the reply.. still a great contribution!! ;)

I'm not a SEO pro and don't commit very much time to it especially b/c my site serves a niche industry. I do know that most current spiders do not have troubles anymore indexing dynamic sites with urls containing ? and & characters. Turning search engine safe urls on doens't necessarily mean you will be getting better search placements anyway. There are myriad other steps and processes that need to be maintained in order to guarantee good positions in search results.

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

UPS Tracking

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be encountering a minor bug. Since Monday was a holiday in the states (Columbus Day) and UPS didn't ship on that day, all my current, in-transit tracking numbers all read "Rescheduled" when tracked on the UPS site.

This causes the sched. delivery date to read other data.

Example tracking number: 1ZY16W740390558569

Returns this: Scheduled Delivery Date: 59/81/Y16W

Items that are not rescheduled print the date okay. It's only when the package has a rescheduled delivery date it gets screwed up.

Edited by johnsatt

ok, here's a quick fix...I guess only time will tell if this will hold up. It works for now though...

go to the contrib. page and download the updated file...

CLICK ME

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

It would be very helpful to keep chargeback to the minimum.

Keeping chargebacks minimized involves more than just accurately tracking goods.

An alternative is to participate in the Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode programs to get guaranteed payments on authenticated transactions which eliminate the "I didn't make that purchase" types of charge backs.

Once a transaction is authenticated during the checkout process, the liability for the transaction is shifted from the merchant account to the Card Issuer. This means no more charge back fees, no more loss of goods..etc.

Participation in the programs allows merchants to begin to accept international transactions without the fear of fraud. Like AVS tools, you can automate your order review process, so that you do need to manually review all flagged orders. If the transaction was authenticated then you are guaranteed payment.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve;

Can I ask you a question?

I found your contribution but haven't installed it yet because I'm not sure what I should do for a package tracking solution.

I will mainly be shipping by Canada Post with UPS used considerably less. I have no package tracking installed at the moment but would your co-exist with another (for instance one for Canada Post) or is it a one shot deal and you pick the most popular?

Thanks;

Marvin

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

Steve;

Can I ask you a question?

I found your contribution but haven't installed it yet because I'm not sure what I should do for a package tracking solution.

I will mainly be shipping by Canada Post with UPS used considerably less. I have no package tracking installed at the moment but would your co-exist with another (for instance one for Canada Post) or is it a one shot deal and you pick the most popular?

Thanks;

Marvin

Marvin,

To be honest I'm not exactly sure how to answer your question. What do you mean by "is it a one shot deal and you pick the most popular?"? If there is a contrib. that tracks Canada Post shipments I don't see why you wouldn't be able to install it and my UPS contrib. You'd have to do a bit of tweaking to some of the account_xxx.php pages but not much...again I'm not sure exactly what you are asking...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

Hi Steve;

Thats kind of what I meant. Can two tracking contributions co-exist?

Because I don't know programming at all I thought that maybe a file would get modified in one contribution and then that would cause other contributions to not work.

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

Marvin,

If you don't know programming then you will potentially have a harder time integrating 2 contributions that do the same thing. There is no guarantee that the code of one contribution won't conflict with the code of another. There, of course, are no absolutes that they will conflict either...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

• 3 weeks later...
I seem to be encountering a minor bug.  Since Monday was a holiday in the states (Columbus Day) and UPS didn't ship on that day, all my current, in-transit tracking numbers all read "Rescheduled" when tracked on the UPS site.

This causes the sched. delivery date to read other data.

Example tracking number: 1ZY16W740390558569

Returns this: Scheduled Delivery Date:  59/81/Y16W

Items that are not rescheduled print the date okay.  It's only when the package has a rescheduled delivery date it gets screwed up.

OK after wading my way through many many errors with integrating this with other contributions.......IT FINALLY WORKS FULLY. However, I still have the above problem with ALL scheduled delivery dates. I have replace my includes/classes/tracking.php with the newset one posted supposively correcting rescheduled delivery dates... Anyone else having this problem?? I have latest version of everything installed. For instance one customer's current tracking number gives me a delivery date of 0./00/1Z69......last time i checked ups doesn't ship back in time

I just can't get this to work. It always gives me the "There seems to be a communication error with the UPS servers. Please contact the webmaster of this site to report this error." error, so I suppose that I don't get any response from the UPS server

This is the curl section of the phpinfo() of my server:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl 7.9.5 (ipv6 enabled)

I have entered the username, password and XML code on the includes/classes/tracking.php

any clue? thanks

:'(

playing a little with it, I see that the UPS server works over ssl, so I installed the libcurl2-ssl (replaced libcurl2), and now it tells the following on phpinfo:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl 7.9.5 (OpenSSL 0.9.6c) (ipv6 enabled)

Now, when I try to track an order, the reloaded page stop and I get a middle-blank screen.

:$

Can anyone paste here their phpinfo curl section?

thanks again,

albert

Edited by -albert-

playing a little with it, I see that the UPS server works over ssl, so I installed the libcurl2-ssl (replaced libcurl2), and now it tells the following on phpinfo:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl 7.9.5 (OpenSSL 0.9.6c) (ipv6 enabled)

Now, when I try to track an order,? the reloaded page stop and I get a middle-blank screen.

:$

Can anyone paste here their phpinfo curl section?

thanks again,

albert

what do you mean by "middle-blank screen"? Your config. looks to be sufficient. I've recently realized a bug that causes the page to display blank when an incorrect tracking number is entered. Before I added the output buffering the page would display an error code when an invalid tracking number was entered, but now it just displays a blank screen. Admitedly I'm stumped at the moment but am currently working on it. Make sure you enter a valid tracking code for testing purposes...

Edited by heliosquare

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

OK after wading my way through many many errors with integrating this with other contributions.......IT FINALLY WORKS FULLY. However, I still have the above problem with ALL scheduled delivery dates. I have replace my includes/classes/tracking.php with the newset one posted supposively correcting rescheduled delivery dates... Anyone else having this problem?? I have latest version of everything installed. For instance one customer's current tracking number gives me a delivery date of 0./00/1Z69......last time i checked ups doesn't ship back in time

The code, as is, works. Sometimes UPS's servers screw up the data sent back in the xml response which is why some tracking numbers give screwy dates. It is completely out of my control. UPS has admitted to needing to iron out some issues. Click the link below to see a rescheduled shipment showing a status of "exception" that displays the correct rescheduled delivery date:

Track It

This is just to show that the code does work as long as UPS sends back data in the manner outlined in their developers guide...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

what do you mean by "middle-blank screen"?  Your config. looks to be sufficient.  I've recently realized a bug that causes the page to display blank when an incorrect tracking number is entered.  Before I added the output buffering the page would display an error code when an invalid tracking number was entered, but now it just displays a blank screen.  Admitedly I'm stumped at the moment but am currently working on it.  Make sure you enter a valid tracking code for testing purposes...

Ok, thanks for your reply and your great contribution to the community. Keep up the good job!

Albert

I have repaired the "blank screen" on the pop-up window and the tracking page (when you put an incorrect tracking code).

I've added the call ob_start(); at the very beggining of catalog/tracking.php and catalog/popup_tracker.php - obviously after the <? opening tag

and now it works as expected, giving the error code when entering any wrong number.

I have repaired the "blank screen" on the pop-up window and the tracking page (when you put an incorrect tracking code).

I've added the call ob_start(); at the very beggining of catalog/tracking.php and catalog/popup_tracker.php  - obviously after the <? opening tag

and now it works as expected, giving the error code when entering any wrong number.

simply adding ob_start(); at the beginning of the files solved the problem for you? It does not seem to be working for me. Are you sure that is all you did?

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

if you add ob_start(); to the beginning of catalog/tracking.php and then comment out the line ob_start('postOutput') in /classes/tracking.php then the blank screen bug goes away. However, the callback function is sometimes needed (which is why I added it). See this post for details

The placement of the ob_start calls isn't the problem nor the solution. Ultimately I need to figure out why the buffered output isn't being sent to user in the event of an invalid tracking code...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

i've also been having the same problem with this mod. (blank windows in both tracking.php and popup_tracker.php)

I have cURL compiled with openSSL, my server does support XML, and I have a UPS account with userid, pw and access key. I dont know whats wrong.

I tried using the ob_start(); suggestion. the windows are no longer empty, but any tracking code I use is either invalid or has a 151044 Error message from UPS. I even tried the same tracking numbers on Steves site (www.frigidfluidco.com) and I get the same errors. I know the tracking numbers work, because it works on www.healthlifepharmacy.com

Infact, even when I take my userid out and put in the wrong id, I get the same reply from UPS, shouldnt it not even connect me since I didnt put in the wrong information?

Any help would be appreciated. thank in advance

Ok, I fugred a few things out.

First, the tracking numbers I used proved to be invalid afterall, and the ones I used from the UPS adobe file can only be used if you comment out the $host = 'www.ups.com'; line and uncomment out the $host = 'wwwcie.ups.com'; (otherwise the tracking numbers show up invalid). So for anyone having the "blank screen" problem, you are probably using invalid tracking numbers. Try using 1Z6107920342378355, it worked for me, and it is pretty recent.

Second, the reason I was still able to log into ups, even with the wrong userid, is b/c I actually stored my userid and password on their site (with the netscape "remember your login info" tool). So I was able to still login. If I change my access key, however, I can no longer login. So anyone having that trouble, just check for that.

Basically, shows what happens when you make a few careless mistakes. Hopefully, my post will help a few people out.

By the way, thanks to Steve for the great contribution, and more so, the amount of effort he put into replying to others and being active in the community. Thanks again.

Hello,

I can't get this to work. I did a clean install of osc. Copied the files over, added in my userid, password, and key. added the styles to my stylesheet.

The result is the if/else block on account_summary_info.php is not executing. Somehow it's not picking up the ups_tracking_num, even though this shows in the admin section.

Any ideas what's up?

thanks in advance.

-

sharon