• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] UPS XML Tracking

heliosquare

Tom,

If you are using MS2 then the 12/3 version contains everything you need (except for the info. box). You should ignore all previous versions.

If you are using a version prior to MS2 then you should install the original and then my 11/04 version.

Would you mind giving me a link to your site. I'd like the see the main tracking.php page as well as the popup

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

Download the contribution here:

UPS Tracking

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Package Update

Please see the contrib. link above for a complete package download. The new package contains the missing tracking.php page...

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

UPS Tracking

Steve,

I am using MS2 so I will be good there,

however, I do not find the catalog/tracking.php you spoke of either,, just the one in the classes.

in the dowload,, there are 4 files to add to the catalog folder,

account history

account history info

stylesheet.css

which are all edits of current files

then there is

popup tracker

but I do not find the tracking.php

was that by chance left out as well?

Regards

Tom

Steve

The tracking.php in the catalog works fine,

I get tracking results

but I am still getting the blank white popup when clicking on the icon or tracking number itself in the account info.

??

Tom

I just uploaded yet another package that contains everything (knock on wood). The /includes/boxes/information.php was still missing as well as the language file for it.

If you are getting tracking results from the main tracking page then it means that /classes/tracking.php is working properly. The popup window simply calls that file so I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't work too...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

Steve

The info.php and lang files wasnt an issue for me

I use a tab to call the tracking.php and it worked fine.

just the popup,, and its not even showing the aplications top that is called,, its a total white blank popup window.

dont make sense,,,

confused,, lol

Tom

Steve,,

account history,, and click on the tracking number or icon,,,

I got tracking info on this same number by use of the tracking tab, witch is the tracking.php in catalog

but when i click on the icons or tracking number,, i get that plain white popup,

how did you access the popup without using the tracking icon in an account?

maybe if i do that i can see what is wrong

Tom

yes

I figured out the format, now to get the link to pass the proper format

If i type it in direct,, it does work

so,, the javascript button passing information is not passing the correct information to popup_tracker.php

any ideal why it went wrong?

Tom

Tim

There are some updates posted so download and update

also,, looks like our problem with the white pop up is due to serch eng. safe url's option turned to true,,,

with that to false,, it works

Regards

Tom

Yeah, I did type it in directly. Since you are using search engine safe urls you can change the following in account_history:

change this:

<a href="java script:popupTrackerWindow(\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_TRACKER, 'action=track&tracknum=' . $code) . '\')">

change to:

<a href="java script:popupTrackerWindow(\'popup_tracker.php?action=track&tracknum=' . $code . '\')">

and in account_history_info:

change this:

<a href="java script:popupTrackerWindow('<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_TRACKER, 'action=track&tracknum=' . $order->info['ups_track_num']); ?>')">

change to:

<a href="java script:popupTrackerWindow('popup_tracker.php?action=track&tracknum=<?php echo $order->info['ups_track_num']; ?>')">

Taking the tep_href_link() function out should solve your problem

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

Steve

Doing that only causes me to get a error msg in the popup window

unknown table'popup_tracker' in where clause

select c.customers_password from orders o, customers c where o.customers_id=c.customers_id and o.orders_id=popup_tracker.phpactoin+tracker&tracknum=(my tracking number here)

tep stop

any thought on that?

regards

Tom

Tim

There are some updates posted so download and update

also,, looks like our problem with the white pop up is due to serch eng. safe url's option turned to true,,,

with that to false,, it works

Regards

Tom

awesome, it works now.

one slight problem. My default text color is white. when the tracking page pops up, the background is white and so is the text. How can i change just the popup's page text to be black?

thanks a bunch,

Tim

Tim

He gave a solution to change it so we could use the url safe option,,, but that dont work yet,, he may have another ideal

for now i just have my safe url turned off.

I assume you do as well

as for changing the text of the popup,,, i think that is in the .css sheets if i am not mistaking.

dont hold me to that,, but i think thats where its controlled

give that a look

Regards

Tom

Tim,

Take a look at your popup_tracker.php file...I think that this is where you might be having the problem. Or, there could be a conflict (with what you have text color set to) with "smallText" and "main" text in your stylesheet and what's in popup_tracker.php (below):

In popup_tracker.php, you should have (about line 21):

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

And around line 33:

<td align="left" width="100%" class="main">

Try changing "main" to "smallText" (in popup_tracker.php) to see if this helps.

Steve

Doing that only causes me to get a error msg in the popup window

unknown table'popup_tracker' in where clause

select c.customers_password from orders o, customers c where o.customers_id=c.customers_id and o.orders_id=popup_tracker.phpactoin+tracker&tracknum=(my tracking number here)

tep stop

any thought on that?

regards

Tom

you are getting errors because you added the changes to a mysql query...not sure where you even see a query with password in either account_history or account_history_info

Take another look at my previous post and just change the javascript lines...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

awesome, it works now.

one slight problem. My default text color is white. when the tracking page pops up, the background is white and so is the text. How can i change just the popup's page text to be black?

thanks a bunch,

Tim

the font colors are controlled by the additions to stylesheet.css I provided in the contrib. package. The text is black and brown and none of it is white. If you are getting white text then I can only assume that you haven't edited your stylesheet with the additions...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

the font colors are controlled by the additions to stylesheet.css I provided in the contrib. package. The text is black and brown and none of it is white. If you are getting white text then I can only assume that you haven't edited your stylesheet with the additions...

Hey,

in the stylesheet modifications, theres no mention of black text in it. I haven't done any serious stylesheet modifications to the website other than altering colors. Currently it is a blue background w/ white text. If i change the white text on the stylesheet to black, then it works, but is not readable w/ the blue background (regular site)

Tim,

Make sure you've added the following to your stylesheet:

TABLE.trackingBox {
 background: #bbc3d3;
}

TABLE.trackingBoxContents {
 background: #f4f7fd;
}

TD.trackingBoxHeading {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 11px;
 color: #ffffff;