• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] UPS XML Tracking

heliosquare

I'd have to see the code for all the files you listed above in order to see what you need to do. Did you make backups? If you want to zip the before and after versions of each of the files and e-mail them to me I'll take a look at them... send me a PM if you want to do that...

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

Download the contribution here:

UPS Tracking

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2.2 MS2 compatible version of this contribution is ready to go. Get it HERE.

Hey,, Thanks,,

but I am having some problems,,,

in customers account history,, I do not see the track button,, just a text link showing my track number ,, u can click the number and it opens a popup window,, there is the second problem,, the popup window is just a blank white window,,

also,, may want to warn ppl that if they have added anything to there orders table,, not to run the sql update,,to hand edit in the two lines as it will drop everything and not add it all back as u'r order table may not be the same as there's

also there were 4 images that we add to catalog/image,, not sure yet where those come in to play unless its on the popup page that is not loading.?

anyone advise me?

Regards

Tom

account_history.php shows the track button (which should be copied to /includes/languages/english/images/buttons)

account_history_info.php shows the text link

What contribution did you install? I did not include an sql update file...

make sure you have cURL support on your server (with SSL) otherwise this won't work for you

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

UPS Tracking

don't forget to add the 'ups_track_num' field to your orders table...you can use the .sql file I just uploaded to the contribution page...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

yea,, the sql file u added was my problem to begin with,, i ended up using the sql file from the last update b4 this one,, so it removed the orders table which messes things up,, so i reloaded my original and compaired and added the two tables,,,

i am using the verison u posted today,,, for ms2,,

and i have dont have a track button anywhere,, just the link where i can click on the tracking number,,, and all i get is the blank white popup,, and yes,, i have curl,, and ssl shared,, but i do have it and am using it for the rest of the page,,,

any ideals on the blank white popup?

Thanks

Tom

i resolved the track button issue,,

there was a stray , in the line.. so removed it and now i got the track button,,

but Still ,, all i get is the blank white popup,,,

any ideals there?

Tom

having shared ssl is not the same as having curl compiled with openssl. do a view source on the blank white popup and tell me what you see...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

Yea,, I know the shared SSL is not the same as curl,,, I have both,, Curl,, with open ssl support and shared ssl for my domain..

when i do the view source on the white pop up,,, here is what it contains

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="en">
<head>
<title>UPS Tracking</title>
<base href="http://www.pencilbobs.com/">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript"><!--
var i=0;
function resize() {
 if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape') i=40;
}
//--></script>
</head>
<body>
<center>
<table border="0" width="625" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
 <td align="left" width="100%" class="main">
 </td>
</tr>
</table>
</center>
</body>
</html>

any thoughts based on that?

Thanks

Tom

open /includes/classes/tracking.php and comment out this line:

error_reporting(0);

then reload the popup and see if there are any errors reported

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

Tim

If I figure anything out,, I will drop it in here,, but so far,, the only thing I have figured out,, is that there is one file,, catalog /includes/classes/tracking.php

that you need to put in u'r ups info, which the instructions fail to tell you about,, I found it when they advised me to comment out a hid errors line,,, when you open the file itslef,, there is some info at the top telling u what u need to add to it,,

Good Luck

Regards

Tom

Qwiz,

Does the main tracking.php page work for you? If not what does the View Source look like? Can you verify that you have XML support on your server?

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

Tim

If I figure anything out,, I will drop it in here,, but so far,, the only thing I have figured out,, is that there is one file,, catalog /includes/classes/tracking.php

that you need to put in u'r ups info, which the instructions fail to tell you about,, I found it when they advised me to comment out a hid errors line,,, when you open the file itslef,, there is some info at the top telling u what u need to add to it,,

Good Luck

Regards

Tom

Hey Qwiz,

yes i remembered that (ups key's) and i obtained one just after posting it. I thought it would fix things, but it did not. Currently, i have my login, password, and key setup in the tracking.php but still get a blank screen.

Steve,

yes,, I verified with my host that server does support XML,

as to the main tracking.php working, I dont understand your question.

The way I understand it, is if I click on the tracking number,, or track icon, it sends the tracking number to the tracking.php and that is what the popup is?

I have not seen any other link to access tracking.php

Sorry,, I am a non programer

Tom

Steve,

yes,, I verified with my host that server does support XML,

as to the main tracking.php working, I dont understand your question.

The way I understand it, is if I click on the tracking number,, or track icon, it sends the tracking number to the tracking.php and that is what the popup is?

I have not seen any other link to access tracking.php

Sorry,, I am a non programer

Tom

There is a tracking.php page that goes in the /catalog/ directory along with all the other main pages of osCommerce. The other file named tracking.php, as you know, is in /includes/classes/

I just looked at the contribution package that I posted and realized I forgot to include /include/boxes/information.php which contains a link to the main tracking.php page. I'll have to upload a new package WITH MUCH BETTER INSTRUCTIONS. It was extremely late when I put all this together the first time ;)

The main tracking.php contains a form where a tracking code can be manually entered. The form passes the code to /includes/classes/tracking.php This page is just another convenience for users of your site in case they want to track a totally different package. If they don't know the tracking code they can log into their account and click the Track button on account_history.php or click the code text link on account_history_info.php

Other than the blank popup is everything else working ok? Is the admin side working ok? Are the tracking codes being inserted into the database?

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

Steve

Yea,, as far as I can tell,, everything but the blank white popup window is working good,,, the tracking number does show up in account history info,,,

so it apears to all be ok other than that,,

NP on the forgotten file,, I work late at night too,, and can do the same as would anyone,, were all human

Thanks for the help

Regards

Tom

I ship multiple packages typically on every order. If i wanted to be able to track all orders, would i just need to modify the db with more fields for the additional packages, and the code to support the extra db fields?

thanks..!

Jason

My store typically ships multiple packages for each order as well. If all the packages are going to the same address UPS tracks them all with the same code. Each package gets it own individual code but the whole shipment gets a master code that encompasses all packages in the shipment. UPS's tracking site supports viewing all packages in a shipment. The code in this contribution does not. I don't know for sure if the UPS API even allows for that functionality. I'll have to have a look at the documentation to find out for sure. If your packages all go to the same address then there would be no need to store anything but the master tracking code in the database. If the API allows it the XML returned could retrieve the individual tracking codes from UPS's database based on the master code.

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

Steve

Were we supposed to dowload the original version of the mod and install it then u'r latest 12/3 version.?

Maybe that is where my problem comes in, I didnt do that.

Just a thought

Tom