• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HAs anyone got a DHTML menu working ...

I have tried implementing the Cool-menu mod, now when i choose DHTML menu the page loads ok and the status bar say menu is ready and the menu seems to be in the source code fine but doesnt display on the page??

Any clues all i get is a blank categories box.

Edited by nostrodamned

Try viewing the page using the latest version of Internet Explorer. I am trying to use a combined mod called DHTML-coolmenu mod, which allows you to choose from 3 menu styles within admin.

However, I also want to indicate in the code that if the dhtml cannot be read (i.e. by netscape or mozilla browsers), use the categories.php infobox.

Anyway, you can view our catalog at http://www.dropshipdirect.com/warehouse if you are using IE as your browser.

If you figure out a way to create an "if, then" statement for category style based on browsers, let me know!

Thx,

-Codi

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

Ouch...dont know how to help you there! :(

Shoppe Enhancement Controller isnt my forte. Im trying to stay away from too many MAJOR mod overhauls, as they tend to sometimes be incompatible with other changes.

Sorry I couldnt help more...

-Codi

• 2 weeks later...

I dont use STS or any other template builder. These days, I would have to totally revamp our entire dbase to install a template system on a clean, unmodified instal of oscommerce.

If I were you, Id start with a clean install and add coolmenu that way. Template systems only limit what you can add in way of mods.

Thx,

-Codi

Well for those of yout that are still trying to find a way to use a template system and dhtml menu use BTS. Sts is eayer to work with but limits you to what they have alreay set forth as tags as wel as everypage looks the same if you have any experience in Php or even html BTS is the way to go

• 3 weeks later...

Im usin STS & the DHTML menu contrib ,it just works great !!! the only ting is you have to add the menu JS lines in the sts-template.html file & not in the header.php file

Holla back