• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate V2.3 - Not Linking Images to Products

EM60

Hello

I am using December 2002 osCommerce Snapshop. I have been using Easypopulate V2.3 to to update my Catalog Products. Everything else works apart from one thing - And that is Images.

This is what I have done. I have used an FTP Client to upload all the images I need into the /catalog/images folder.

Then I edit my downloaded complete product file from easypopulate. I put in the name of the image file in the excel column named (v_products_image) and model number and other info in their relevant columns.

When I upload this file it updates everything else apart from the Image.

I think someone might know how to resolve this - I would be so grateful as I have spend a long time trying to resolve this with not much success.

I have searched on this forum but I can't get the answer to help.

If required I can send anyone my easypopulate.php file if that would help.

Thanks in advance

EM60

Just a shot in the dark but do you have invalid characters in the text field for images? If you send me a sample of your .txt file and a link to your images I'll take a look at it.

Max

The problem with winning the rat race is at the end you're still a rat.

Hello -=neo=-,

Thank you so much for the reply because I have now managed to resolve the problem.

Well the problem has been me all along because when I was opening the tab-delimited txt file I was adding a comma. When you said that I must be adding some invalid characters - you were right.

When I stopped using the comma in formatting the txt file for excel - hey presto.

I have been working on this for months. I am really thankful to you.

Kind Regards

EM60

P/S

Your Signature made me laugh - it's a gooden !