Sign in to follow this  
muminneed

Gift Registry and Lay Buy (layaway)????

help, I desperately am looking for a gift registry module and a lay buy (called layaway) module.. does anyone know of one - currently running ms2 and need something for mums to be able to select products and other members of the family buy from the list etc., as well as a module where they can select their products and pay them off over a period of time... help please :D

Kerri, I don't know of one, or how to do it, but I also would love to have these capabilities for my gift shop.

David

i found xcart at www.xcart.com

they have that for sale and it looks like oscommerce but haven't sused out if it would work to gether

they also have an affiliate one

The Wishlist contrib is really great, but, it doesn't have any layaway capabilities. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1682

That's not the registry contribution I have been talking about. Mine is at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1226.

Didn't understand the layaway functionality completely. Can you please show me some samples or describe the functionality a bit more?

G.

Lay away (at least what I know as lay away) is where the customer does not have enough money to buy the item, so they pay a down payment to reserve it and make payments over time. When the complete price has been collected, the item is shipped.

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.