The e-commerce.

cieto Featured Products 2.5 MS2

emiliano

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, iv got this mode working fine,

Just one thing, can someone tell me how to have a dotted vertical line between my columns. its a really cool effect i think, and i thought that this mod used to have it but it doesnt now, so can someone tell me what to do.

thanks

Kristofor

Edited by Kristofor

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

maybe it's not cieto featured the one who made the problem... i really don't know and for the moment i can't give support until 22 december when i will start my vacations....

The categories were showing up on the main page fine before installing cieto. They still show up on the sub-category pages, just not the main page.

Help from anyone is appreciated!

Chris

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /mnt/mirror/usr/home/sites/billi/public_html/admin/featured.php on line 169

what to do?

change tep_array_merge for array_merge

patagonia, argentina

1 bug - in categories with no featured the box still shows up.

Suggestion:

How about also having a page in admin where featured items can be directly administered like in Specials.

After the item is added - it becomes a pain to go back through all those categories and subcategories, etc to administer them if one has a lot

Found bug in categories.php

There was a problem when you try do duplicate a product.

Line 312, change this:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_featured, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "',  now(), '" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

With this:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_featured, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "',  now(), '" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_featured'] . "', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

Cheers

Emiliano

patagonia, argentina

Thx emiliano for ur mod contrib, but i hava little problem with your mod, i installed the mod and there's nothing error i found, but in my index.php page doesnt show anything...

And then i try installed again....and still not showing the featured products....

Could u give me another clue ?

I'm using Osc MS2 and already download the new categories.php

Thanks...

Hi emiliano

I'm trying to get the qty display to work in modules/featured_products

I have it working in new_products & specials but can seem to get it to display the correct quantity

All I can get displayed is "out of stock"

can you give me a few pointers ? as I have been trying now for about 3 weeks :(

Please can you give me some guidence :rolleyes:

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I am a biff of all biffs, but plz someone put me out of my misery:

What is or who is CIETO ?

Sorry for the thick question, but its bugging me.... :(

Hi there :-)

Could someone please tell me how I fix the missing F in FeaturedProducts Status? I show the following, and although it's nitpicky... it's driving me nuts :-)

Products Status: In Stock??Out of Stock

eatredProducts Status:

I just don't in which file to change this.

Khim~

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

• 2 weeks later...

emiliano

I'm trying to get the qty display to work in modules/featured_products

I have it working in new_products & specials but can seem to get it to display the correct quantity

All I can get displayed is "out of stock"

Please, Please, can you give me some guidence / pointers ?

Dave

Emiliano,

What I am looking for is a way that when a product expires, it is removed from the catalog. For example if I were to sell milk, it would remove its self when the milk expired.

It had been mentioned in a recent post, that this was possible, but I'm not sure if this is the contribution being referied to.

I had read through this compleate posting, and contribrution details, but am still unclear if this would do that or not.

thank you for your time and info.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the chances of adding a sort order to this contribution. It is great and it would even be better if you could easily manipulate the products on the main page.

JP

You can change the line code in includes/modules/featured.php that says

order by rand() DESC limit

as the code is it randomly selects the products, you can change this to say

order by p.products_date_added DESC limit

this will set the order fixed and by date added

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

I noticed that when adding three or more columns that the first two columns were spaced with the third or third and fourth columns sqeezed up at the edge, so altered featured_products.php tables to <td width="" to a % and this resolved the issue.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

inetchoices

To fix the missing F in the admin

admin/categories.php

I cannot give the line number as my files are heavily modified.

the code is

<td class="main">eatured<?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_STATUS; ?></td>

change this to

<td class="main">Featured <?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_STATUS; ?></td>

Edited by 241

ipalbicke

Further to my earlier post.

You can change the line code in includes/modules/featured.php that says

order by rand() DESC limit

as the code is it randomly selects the products, you can change this to say

order by p.products_date_added DESC limit

this will set the order fixed and by date added OR

order by p.products_id DESC limit

this will set the order by product id

you could also do by manufacturer etc and have ascending instead of descending

Edited by 241