• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cieto Featured Products 2.5 MS2

emiliano

-->Date available and featured until date now works.

am i missing something here? i can't see the featured until date...

where should this be? I am using your admin/categories.php from 11/03/2003 - cieto Featured Products v2.51 MS2

thanks, daithi.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to

There are 2 ways to set the featured status of product as "true". From the product listing in the admin or when you create/update a product.

• From the product listing you just need to click on the green line in the Featured column... doing this you will add this products "xx" days from the current date.. you can change this "xx" days from configuration -> Featured Products -> Featured Period.
  • When you create/update a product you need to use the second line of radio buttions (under you set the status of the product).
    The featured until date here you can set up it as you want.. if you are having troubles with this give me a call.. sometimes the javascript for the calendar it?s not well loaded.. so refresh the page...

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

From the product listing you just need to click on the green line in the Featured column... doing this you will add this products "xx" days from the current date.. you can change this "xx" days from configuration -> Featured Products -> Featured Period.

ok, thanks, i got this one...

When you create/update a product you need to use the second line of radio buttions (under you set the status of the product).

The featured until date here you can set up it as you want.. if you are having troubles with this give me a call.. sometimes the javascript for the calendar it?s not well loaded.. so refresh the page...

a bit confused here, maybe i am not seeing this as i am using mozilla on linux??

all i see is:

Products Status: In Stock Out of Stock

FeatredProducts Status: In Stock Out of Stock

Date Available:

(YYYY-MM-DD)

Products Manufacturer:

Products Name:

daiti.

Emiliano, I am using the new 2.51 and I think the "categories.php" is not working, I don't see the the green and red lights in the Featured column, the Featured column does not appear.

Regards, Andre'.

Edited by lopes_andre

You have the old categories.php, i upload a new one with version 2.51...

So you will see this:

Products Status: () In Stock () Out of Stock

FeatredProducts Status: () In Stock () Out of Stock

Date Available: [text box]

(YYYY-MM-DD)

Date Available: [text box]

(YYYY-MM-DD)

The second Date Availabe is the one where you have to setup Featured Until Date. I forget to add a text to change this.. so in line 532 (admin/categories.php) change this:

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DATE_AVAILABLE; ?><br><small>(YYYY-MM-DD)</small></td>

with this:

<td class="main">Featured until <?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DATE_AVAILABLE; ?><br><small>(YYYY-MM-DD)</small></td>

If the problem is that you can't see the text box to add the date, i'm terribly sorry, but that's the way osc handle the calendar box...

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

Emiliano, I am using the new 2.51 and I think the "categories.php" is not working, I don't see the the green and red lights in the Featured column, the Featured column does not appear.

Regards, Andre'.

when i try to be stupid i'm the best one... new categories.php upload in contributions...

cheers

emiliano

Edited by emiliano

patagonia, argentina

Has anyone been able to pick apart the changes in the admin/categories.php file?

I've got too many mods and I can't tell of the subtle changes.

The idea is to found every part where product_description appears and create a similar one call product_short.. Then you have to duplicate the products status, the date available.. also you need to create a column to change the featured status from the admin product listing.. it's quite tricky...

good luck!

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

Thanks to everyone who help me to debug the version!!! if someone wants to contribute (noneone does...) for using this contribution has 2 options or contribute to the osCommerce team or myself... whatever you do will help to keep this project on...

cheers

emiliano

cieto Featured Products

Donwload @ http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,505

patagonia, argentina

Hi Emiliano

Th Feutured Products is a great contribution. It works perfectly. Many thanks.

The SHORT DESCRIPTION feature is excellent for the featured products.

I would love for the SAME SHORT DESCRIPTION text to appear on say the product listings next to each product. There IS a contribution that adds short text to product listings which it truncates from the main description.

HOWEVER, now that you have added a SHORT DESCRIPTION entry box in the admin, it would be brilliant if this could be used to show SHORT DESCRIPTIONS anywhere on the site.

The problem is I don't know how. I have tried copying and pasting the following code on the product info page but all I get is three dots ... printed.

<?php 
 if ($featured_products_array[$i]['shortdescription'] != '') { 
     echo $featured_products_array[$i]['shortdescription']; 
 } else { 
  $bah = explode(" ", $featured_products_array[$i]['description']); 
  for($desc=0; $desc<MAX_FEATURED_WORD_DESCRIPTION; $desc++) 
     { 
     echo "$bah[$desc] "; 
     } 
     echo '...'; 
 } 
  ?>

Would be most grateful if you could guide me on the exact code to reproduce the 'SHORT LISTINGS' anywhere on any page. A clean php icon which I could just cut and paste anywhere.

Many thanks

Maz.

i made a product listing with my short description some time ago.. i really don?t know if that file exist at the moment and if it would work with MS2...

Yo need to add products_short in the query of the product listing and change featured_products_array to the array inthe product listing if the product listing works with an array...

the problem right now is that at the moment i started with exams at the university and i will finish on December 23th... i?m terribly sorry but i will disappear, if i have time i will give you some hints how to do what you are looking for, but i can?t guaranted anything..

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

I have installed this mod and its working fine and I LOVE IT!

Thanks a lot, emiliano, for this wonderful Feature :)

The only problem which i am facing are with the green and red button. When i edit/add any product and designate it into 'Featured Product', the field 'TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED' always shows the red button. I tried different ways but it remains the same.

What changes would i need to do inorder to make it perfect?

I think i need to defind 'TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED' in the language/english/index.php file ?

Hope m right ;)

Warm regards,

Jack

The only problem which i am facing are with the green and red button. When i edit/add any product and designate it into 'Featured Product', the field 'TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED' always shows the red button. I tried different ways but it remains the same.

What changes would i need to do inorder to make it perfect?

I think i need to defind 'TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED' in the language/english/index.php file ?

Hope m right ;)

You only see the red light? what about the product status? there you only see the red light too? or you can see the green light in the product status..

if TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED it's not define, do it, but i think that doing this it's not the solution to see the green light.

This contribution is perfect :D

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

does this mod work when in ategories - ie. show only featured products from that category?

From the readme:

---
WHAT IS IT?
---
The purpose of this contribution is to replace the "New Products"
Infobox that appears on the main page and top-level category pages,
to show selected (by the admin) products, instead of new products.
Is posible to create a short description of every product in every 
language set in the site. So you can show your featured products in
your default page with a short description of the products or show 
a part of the description.

On the main default page of osCommerce, a selection of ALL the
featured products will be display, and in top-level categories, only
featured products that belongs to that category.  For example,
"A Bug's Life" is a DVD movie in the sub-category "Cartoons", and
"Cartoons" is a sub-category of "DVD Movies".  If "A Bug's Life" is
made a featured product, it will appear on the main osCommerce page,
and also on the DVD Movies category page, but not on the Hardware
page. If there are more featured products than the maximum allowed
to be displayed, a random selection will be shown.

patagonia, argentina

On the main default page of osCommerce, a selection of ALL the
featured products will be display, and in top-level categories, only
featured products that belongs to that category.  For example,
"A Bug's Life" is a DVD movie in the sub-category "Cartoons", and
"Cartoons" is a sub-category of "DVD Movies".  If "A Bug's Life" is
made a featured product, it will appear on the main osCommerce page,
and also on the DVD Movies category page, but not on the Hardware
page. If there are more featured products than the maximum allowed
to be displayed, a random selection will be shown.

yes, i saw that but this part doesn't work for me so was unsure if this was still correct...

any ideas why this wouldn't work for me? no errors, just the featured box does not display on the categories pages...

sorry, i am confused here...

the mod shows fine on the front page, when i click on a categories link it does not show.

there is a product listing on that page because there are products in that category, if there were no products in the category, there would be no product listing and also no products to display under featured...

so when should it show on a categorys page?

have you a working site i can see the mod on?

thanks again for the help,

daithi.

sorry, i am confused here...

the mod shows fine on the front page, when i click on a categories link it does not show.

there is a product listing on that page because there are products in that category, if there were no products in the category, there would be no product listing and also no products to display under featured...

so when should it show on a categorys page?

have you a working site i can see the mod on?

thanks again for the help,

daithi.

The idea is to show products where the new products infobox was...

patagonia, argentina

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great contrib. Was able to install without errors, but now my main categories on the main page aren't showing up. Switching back to the prior index page doesn't change anything.

An ideas on why that might have happened?

Thanks!

Chris