• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi Vendor MS 2.2 Almost Up

moonlitsun

Hello Everyone,

I'm very close to getting the latest hack of Multi Vendor installed on our site. However, I ran into the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: ups in /home/dropship/public_html/warehouse/includes/modules/shipping/mltship.php on line 72

Here is my line 72 and thereabouts:

switch ($row['module_name'])

{

case "ups":

$rate = new ups;

$mltQuote = $rate->quote('GNDRES');

In particular, line 72 is ...

$rate = new ups;

Any ideas???? Nearly there! :blink:

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

Matt,

Could be, but doesnt seem like it. I was reading something Nathan Arendt posted about his original code of Multi Vendor MS 1:

module_name: This is used in the switch block in /catalog/modules/shipping/mltship.php to calculate the shipping rates for each different method. If you add a method with a module_name of FedEx you will need to add a statement in the switch block to cover the module_name (i.e. case 'FedEx' .... code underneath this to do the calculation for items with the FedEx shipping method)

However, when I looked in this file, it appears Nathan already defined UPS in the above-mentioned mltship.php file. So....I have no idea why it is showing up this way.

I tried using alternative shipping methods on the product info edit screen...but the same errors are coming up. Its as if it isnt finding Nathan's UPS code....

What I REALLY need is to somehow integrate the Table Rate code and Farrukh's Indivship mod, which allows an oscommerce storefront to TOTALLY define what shipping will be on a per-item basis. But to do this, I'm already running into the previously mentioned "Cannot instantiate" error, even without adding new shipping case definitions. I would think his pre-programmed UPS code would have worked?!!?! :(

Unfortunately, I havent the knowledge enough to add a new shipping definition into the mltship.php file. GRRRRRRRRRR

UPDATE:

I think this issue has now been solved. My only concern now is how on God's green earth I do the following:

module_name: This is used in the switch block in /catalog/modules/shipping/mltship.php to calculate the shipping rates for each different method. If you add a method with a module_name of FedEx you will need to add a statement in the switch block to cover the module_name (i.e. case 'FedEx' .... code underneath this to do the calculation for items with the FedEx shipping method)

I'd LOVE to add the table rate, which is already a pre-installed shipping module to this php file. Anyone know how I can create the switch block for this???

Much Thanks,

-Codi B)

(P.S. I'll be sure to let you all know what I've done to get Multi Vendor to work with Milestone 2)

WOO HOO! :lol:

As of just a few minutes ago, I was able to successfully implement the latest Multi Vendor Shipping Module. After a couple trial runs, it seems the shipping is calculated correctly based on the shipment method specified on the Product Edit screen. All thanks goes to jpf for his MS 2 update to Nathan's older Multi Vendor solution! :)

If you'd like, I invite you to browse the storefront. A number of mods have been made, and I'm particularly excited about adding Farrukh's Indivship Mod, which allows you to specify a SPECIFIC shipping cost per item. I've already added a case statement for the Table Method we're temporarily using, and no problems so far. We're going back and forth between the Table Method and UPS rates...depending on our dropship supplier.

Here is the link:

Dropship Direct Warehouse

That is by FAR the most important aspect of our storefront: accurate shipping costs! Since we are in the business of dropshipping on behalf of our supplier partners, having flexible shipment methods makes all the difference.

If you want the updated Multi Vendor mod, click HERE.

I plan on posting my changes to this mod to make it work for MS2 in the near future. Mostly, just some adjustments to the SQL config table and a very specific 1-2-3 process of what to do first, in order to install the shipping mods you want into the multi vend solution.

Thanks for everyone's help on this.

-Codi B)

moonlitsun....i would be very interested in finding out if and how you were able to tie the table shipping method into this one. i have been working on that for a client we have, and it is driving me insane!!!

thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, forgot to ask....can your Multi-Vendor mod output reports, too?

Things like sales per vendor over a defined time period?

These reports are important too so that we can pay vendors. We would also want vendors to be able to call up their report numbers in their admin.

Thanks, again :)

thought i would add this to this thread...i also put it in the "Contributions Forum"...

i have been searching these boards for months, looking for answers.

writing to threads in hopes that someone would come to my aid....but to no avail.

my problem was that our client needed for all the products made by one manufacturer to have shipping be free, but everything else needed to ship using the table rate.

someone suggested using the Multi-Vendor Shipping Contribution, since it can be used with other modules. I installed the contribution, but i just COULD NOT get it to work with the table rate....until today.

here was what i discovered....

for the Multi-Vendor Contribution to work, first of all, your products must have a Product Weight entered. even if it is 0.01. Without that, the shipping will just be returned as $0.00.

i then added a new method called Table. The instructions for this come with the Multi-Vendor Contribution, and are very straight forward.

Of note here is that you need to make sure that you set your Maximum Box Weight, in your SQL table "shipping_methods" to a positive amount, and make sure it is set pretty high (if you aren't actually interested in using the handling charges features of the contribution, which i was not). If you leave it set at 0, you may get a divide by zero error.

the instructions for the contribution also mention that you need to comment out a line found in the extra shipping modules that you plan to use (found in "catalog/includes/modules/shipping/name_of_file_here.php"). here is the snippet:

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in (" . $keys . ")");

depending on which version of OSC you are using, you may or may not have that line exactly. the one i commented out, which was located at "catalog/includes/modules/shipping/table.php" looked like this:

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");

just add // in front of that and move on.

finally, you need to make a call to the table method from the mltship.php file ("catalog/includes/modules/shipping/mltship.php"). You will find the following in that file:

//Any other module specific processing / charges should be done here

break;

case "usps":

$rate = new usps;

$mltQuote = $rate->quote('Priority');

Just make it look like this:

break;

case "usps":

$rate = new usps;

$mltQuote = $rate->quote('Priority');

break;

case "table":

$rate = new table;

$mltQuote = $rate->quote(''); 

...and you should be good to go for using multiple shipping options.

i do still have one problem to figure out. if someone's order consists only of the items that are to be shipped free, then all is kosher. however, if someone throws in another item, one that uses the table rate, the table rate takes over and sets shipping based on the cost of the WHOLE order, not just of the items that are set to use the table rate. :blink:

not sure how to work this one out, but i'll keep ya posted. :)

Dave,

Thanks much for the input!

Well, we have Multivendor running on our milestone 2 release....but are running into some hurdles while integrating "indvship", which is an individually priced shipping mod.

Essentially, indvship is usually configured in admin/categories.php as an additional shipping price field within the product edit screen. However, you can see where this might be a prob when trying to integrate it into the multi-vendor shipping drop-down list.

Any ideas as to what you think might work?

I'm trying to comment out the indvship.php script as per your suggestion, while still leaving the indvship functionality still loaded into the categories.php page.

Any input you might have is appreciated! :D

Thx,

-Codi

FYI...I now have an internal IT guru and another developer from the osCommerce community working on this project. I'll keep everyone posted with our progress toward integrating Multi-Vendor with Indvship mods for MS 2.2

Thx,

-Codi

Trying to get this contribution to work. I get the following error-

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_multi_weight() in /home/virtual/site126/fst/var/www/html/includes/modules/shipping/mltship.php on line 54

Any suggestions?

Keith

What the hell was I thinkin'?

Can anyone help?

I'm getting this error:

Error

SQL-query :

`products_ship_method` SELECT *

FROM `products`

WHERE 1

LIMIT 0 , 30

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'products_ship_method` SELECT *

FROM `products`

WHERE 1 LI

Hi all,

i'm trying to install individual ship and multi vendor to work with together. first i installed individual ship and it works great!

then i tried to install multi vendor and i have the following issues:

1. when i go to the modules>shipping>MultiVendor i see the following on the right column edit box:

4 text boxes the first with the title "do you want to enable multi vendor" and the next three with no labels...i went over the install and i couldn't find where these are coming from. i found the code that build out the first text box,

but the next three is beyond me. should the text boxes not be there? or should they have labels? what is the issue?

2. after i assign a ship method to a product and i put an item with an indv. shipping price in my cart and an item with a ship method in my cart i only see the indv. ship in the checkout process. i don't see any references to ups, my assigned method. i would think i should see a line for the indv. ship price for item 1 and a selection of ups shipping options for my ups method. does anyone knoe what is going on here?

ups is installed and i am running ms2.2 i'm also running indv. ship 3.1 and multi vendor 2.0

any help would be great!!!

many thanks!!

elon

• 2 weeks later...

Having problems with the Multi Vendor MS 2.2 - I am getting this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_multi_weight() in /home/oceanpr/public_html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/mltship.php on line 54

From the checkout_shipping.php ..

Has anyone had any luck with this ? Maybe I missed something in the install...

------------------------

Chief Web Developer

http://Canfone.com

https://SecureLogoHosting.com

ben,

verify that you have the get_multi_weight() code in the shopping_cart.php file. this is where the get_multi_weight() function is defined. the mltship.php file is calling the function but the function doesn't exist.

look over the install instructions and verify that you made all the changes.

hth,

elon

Elon,

Have you ever tried to interface between multivendor shipping and individual shipping prices? using both of these mods seems to require some custom script modifications. Indvship likes to override the multiship dropdown list of shipping methods, even when i formally add individual shipping prices as a new case into the multiship module.

Any ideas?

Thx,

-Codi

Hello, i'm also Having problems with the Multi Vendor MS 2.2 - I am getting this same error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_multi_weight() in /home/site/public_html/ms2/includes/modules/shipping/mltship.php on line 54

From the checkout_shipping.php ..

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Codi,

i have the same issue with the mods. i would like to make some changes to them but my full time job is taking up too much time right now.

if i ever get the chance to modify the modules i well post it. but for the time being i'm gonna have to live with it as is.

please let me know if you get a chance to make the mod...

thanks,

elon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I use Indvship together with Mulship. Indvship works fine. But I need to add a handling charge on the first item, so I install Mulship as well.

It can't work at first. I found in the Install.txt for file admin/categories.php:

<!-- start changes mltship -->

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_SHIP_METHOD; ?></td>

<!-- <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_ship_method', $pInfo->products_ship_method); ?></td> -->

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('products_ship_method', $ship_method_array, $pInfo->products_ship_method); ?></td>

</tr>

<!-- end changes mltship -->

The 4th line <!-- <td class="main"><?... is commented out. Remove the commet tag is OK.

I also moved the code to after:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_price', $pInfo->products_price); ?></td>

</tr>

so the input box will appear between Products Price and Indv Shipping Price in the Products Edit page.

Also I have to disable Individual Shipping in Admin (the red light didn't turn on, don't bother it anyway), otherwise two shipping options will appear in the checkout page.

Hope this can offer help.

Also I have to disable Individual Shipping in Admin (the red light didn't turn on, don't bother it anyway), otherwise two shipping options will appear in the checkout page.

Hope this can offer help.

Danny,

I'll take a look at your suggestions and see how it turns out. Thanks!

-Codi

Archived