• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fixes to PhpBB contribution

adrian##

Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /homepages/0/d91847118/htdocs/autoload/admin/bb_default.php on line 91

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /homepages/0/d91847118/htdocs/autoload/admin/bb_default.php on line 93

When I try to access my admin panel for osCphpBB, this is what I see on the left before the box which contains the Admin Index and other options and I can't get in to create forums or topics or set options, et cetera. I have followed all the steps in this long support thread and implemented the fixes the best I could but still have the error. Everything else appears to be working awesomely and I have used test users so I know I am almost there. Here is my lines 93-91 of catalog/admin/bb_default.php:

ksort($module);

while( list($cat, $action_array) = each($module) )

Any one care to post their bb_default page here? Just for checking against?

Edited by vyoufinder

"Your focus is your reality"

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually based on the number of fixes, anyone who has it working correctly all the way through care to post their files as an update to the contribution itself? I have seen it working on several sites so if one of you could post a contribute update it would be appreciated ;)

Thanks.

Ok I have pretty much redone the installation of this interface, assumming that all your files are copied to there prespective subdirectories the rest of the install should work following my instructions.

They are lengthly so I posted the install interface instructions Here

That link is not working, is there an updated link? If anyone has this working plas update the contribution with your files

I see that this contribution can work but haven't gotten it working in mine yet. Is anyone who has it working properly willing to share their code so I can compare? I would also like to add troubleshooting steps to the current instructions if I find things that are common to cause people problems?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Strictlypc

I see you have this forum installed ok.

Did you get an error when trying to access the admin> in the left pane?

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/steve/public_html/pcplanet/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/steve/public_html/pcplanet/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13"

Also am i missing something, or do you not get a link to the forum>admin from our oscommerce admin?

Basically the instructions weren't too bad until the end, how did you exactly enter administrator id stuff in sql?

also, where it said:

26. OSC Administrator

###########################################################

Administrator--->save file

in Administrator save new file

your help would be greatly appreciated

regards

Jaz

geewizz is there light at the end of this tunnel now i got an error in mysql?

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1127263912, 1, 0, 0, 0)' at line 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote) VALUES ('qweq', , 1127263912, 1, 0, 0, 0)

Vertical Climb watch me loose grip an plumit!!

well i have now started a freash install of the O*S*C!!! and it was very very painless to install and edit so its looks to be a contrib head lock so far im not sure where but i will tell you all asap! if a sertain contrib is the fault (got a feelin its my doing tho) hehe :-"

BTW for the database import to work its is best to

delete the key PHPBB_USERS table

Yer!! THATS RIGHT DROP IT ALL!!!!!

then run upmysql.php

it sould say sesion 6 & 7 complete if it doesnt then you no it did work

(plus the fact you got no users) :blush:

i will work on up dating the files to install shortly after i find (or not find) the contrib thats to blame! :thumbsup:

Vertical Climb watch me loose grip an plumit!!

I have successfully integrated the phpbb and oscommerce integration (I think). Everything appears to be working. The contribution uses the lastname for the forum username. I know there is a hack to use a login instead of user name? But I think that is something totally different. It appears if I modify the contribution slightly, I can prompt for a username and use that in the forum instead of lastname. Is this over simplified?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there anyway that I can import existing phpBB users into this mod? I have about 7000 who I'd love to have (immediate) access to the store. :-)

Worst case I will create an SQL query but if there is something more automated out there.

Thanks

Scott

In the instructions that say:

3- Customize your forum at http:/.../catalog/admin/bb_default.php  (OSC ADMIN-->Tools-->Configuration)

What does this mean I have (tried) to navigate to the OSC ADMIN-->Tools-->Configuration but there is nothing there about phpBB (I just use the link instead as above but am I missing something?

Scott

Another question (coming thick and strong today aren't they!?):

Has anyone upgraded their installation of phpBB beyond version 15 (I notice that version 18 is out)?

What was your experience like: easy or hard? Did you upgrade the database with the phpBB sql files or were adjustments required?

Cheers,

Scott

Hi all,

To help someone contemplating the move to osCommerce and phpBB I thought I would share my 2 days of experiences.

Following extensive investigations in to the use of the phpBB contribution I have chosen not to use osCommerce (phpBB integration is essential for my website).

The phpBB integration works. I have it up and running and the instructions are complete. I think that installing it on a fresh copy of osCommerce helps as well as adding the Prefix for Database Tables:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,prefix

However the overhead in upgrading phpBB from version 11 (currently the version supported in the Contrib files) to future versions (currently version 18 is on the phpBB site) is too huge. I did some diffs on some of the phpBB files and it scared me!

Additionally the integration is not supported well and the files are all over the place.

I suggest that anyone contemplating the move to phpBB integrated with osCommerce think carefully before doing so. I think that the Zen Cart integration which is build in as standard (although does suffer from a number of minor flaws) and which leaves the phpBB code untouched - working solely by sourcing the database tables - is a better and more effective solution.

If it had not been for the inability to upgrade phpBB without extensive work I might have been swayed.

Cheers,

Scott

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Is there to way fix this problem?

When I'm going bb_default.php page the left column get this error message.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/tronica/public_html/testi/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/tronica/public_html/testi/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

I have read from this forum that quote // out line 63 of bb_default.php

include($file);

When I do that, next error message appear

Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/tronica/public_html/testi/admin/bb_default.php on line 87

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/tronica/public_html/testi/admin/bb_default.php on line 89

In the file bb_default.php try changing:

while( $file = @readdir($dir) )
	{
			if( preg_match("/^admin_.*?\." . $phpEx . "$/", $file) )
			{

include($file);

}
	}

To:

while( $file = @readdir($dir) )
	{
			{
					if (($file != 'admin_notes.php') && ($file != 'admin_notes_help.php'))
					{
					  include($file);
					}
			}
	}

Your online success is Paramount.

In the file bb_default.php try changing:

I change it, but still getting same error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/tronica/public_html/testi/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/tronica/public_html/testi/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

Add any additional files you have in the admin directory, that start with the word admin, and that are not related to the forum to the line you just added to that code.

Your online success is Paramount.

Add any additional files you have in the admin directory, that start with the word admin, and that are not related to the forum to the line you just added to that code.

YES :D

That Did it :lol:

{
	{
	  if (($file != 'admin_notes.php') && ($file != 'admin_account.php') && ($file != 'admin_files.php') && ($file != 'admin_members.php') && ($file != 'admin_notes_help.php'))
	  {
		include($file);
		}
	  }
	}

Thak you very much :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Im trying to install 208a of the PHPBB intergration, but after following all instructions i get an error at the top of the page and the left column is oversized.

Error reads:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/dtotrans/public_html/ladyloving/includes/boxes/information.php on line 29

Now when i remove the code i am instructed to install.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><BR>' .
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_BBMODULES, 'op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=index.php', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_BBINDEX . '</a>'

And replace back with the original text the error obviously is gone. The only other part of the installation that i have not completed is

Perform the folowing command at .\catalog if on a unix shell :

ln -s includes/modules/phpbb2/templates/ templates

This creates a virtual folder to where templates are really and is important as allow to install other templates without any modifications.

If you dont have access to unix, it should be possible to implement using a the modwrite engine at .htaccess. Or just replicate the folder includes/modules/phpbb2/templates/ to /catalog/.

As im not sure what i need to do here, can anybody advise how i can fix this problem before i move onto the secondpart of the installation?

Best Regards

Donna :thumbsup:

The wording is weird, but you just need to copy your phpBB's phpbb2\templates folder to your osCommerce catalog\ so that it is catalog\templates

You can play with it later, but I believe all it really is looking for is the templates\subsilver\images

The other option is to modify all the phpbb .tpl files to point to includes/modules/php bb2/templates/subsilver/images but that is alot more work than just copying the templates folder.